Please Rollback GM

Options

Comments

• Ethas - Heavens Tear
    Ethas - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If that is the case i will quit the game. Im going to play a private server or quit playing PW for ever. This is not a game anymore
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I vote yes to a rollback. Unfortunately, the GMs made it clear yesterday that PW is a dictatorship, not a democracy.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It seams to few people bother to ask for a rollback.

Too bad if this will be allowed to go on as it is it will be a final death do the PWI without a rollback
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It seams to few people bother to ask for a rollback.

Too bad if this will be allowed to go on as it is it will be a final death do the PWI without a rollback

Maybe people moved onto better things than PWI.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As? Please list some good MMO's to play

A.TOE is not out yet :( (i cant say the name)
  • Yunmi - Heavens Tear
    Yunmi - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe people moved onto better things than PWI.

Well , as it is , it's not hard to find something better than PWI ; some of us expect a bit more than just 'being free' . =)
  • a3shuzy3
    a3shuzy3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It doesn't matter if it takes 2 days or 5 days.
    The problem is half solved and they must take an action for this situation.
    I am an adult and I believe it is their duty to figure out how the hell in the earth they will find the rest of dirty money and reduce the economy outrage.

How? simple rollback. They did a real good job for finding some ovious ones so that 70 people added up to billions of dolllars but, why not take a look at millions?
    How about 10 million dirty cash? no, lets make it one million?

Making things way too complecated than it should be..
    Rollback will get 100 people complaint
    Current Situation will get enough people to.. quit.

Who the heck is going to buy Zen any more? 10 dollars for 10 golds? now you should make 10 dollars for 100 golds so it balances the economy out.
  • Zuleica - Heavens Tear
    Zuleica - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I vote yes to a rollback. Unfortunately, the GMs made it clear yesterday that PW is a dictatorship, not a democracy.

LMAO...ummm...it's a BUSINESS. They make BUSINESS decisions.

When you have part of the responsibility for making the business succeed THEN you can have some of the authority to make decisions.

Has absolutely nothing to do with democracy vs. dictatorship.
  • Zuleica - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    a3shuzy3 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if it takes 2 days or 5 days.
    The problem is half solved and they must take an action for this situation.
    I am an adult and I believe it is their duty to figure out how the hell in the earth they will find the rest of dirty money and reduce the economy outrage.

How? simple rollback. They did a real good job for finding some ovious ones so that 70 people added up to billions of dolllars but, why not take a look at millions?
    How about 10 million dirty cash? no, lets make it one million?

Making things way too complecated than it should be..
    Rollback will get 100 people complaint
    Current Situation will get enough people to.. quit.

Who the heck is going to buy Zen any more? 10 dollars for 10 golds? now you should make 10 dollars for 100 golds so it balances the economy out.

Show me specific non-anecdotal evidence of a continued 10x inflation. and then I'll agree they should change the $-zen exchange rate.
  • deathrosedarkness
    deathrosedarkness Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They made a mistake on the programming, probably did not test it out before releasing it, and their solution is make those people that exploited(not all) suspended/banned.

If this game doesn't like Democracy, they should only release it to countries that supports either Communism or Dictatorship. Though it's not about Democracy, Communism, and Dictatorship, it IS Buissnes and it is a RIP OFF if there is no roll back. Those exploiters made PWI a whole lot of profit, they suspended/banned them because they may not wish to refund?

Greed on Greed both ways...

Deathrosedarkness (Sanctuary) voting for Rollback!
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LMAO...ummm...it's a BUSINESS. They make BUSINESS decisions.

When you have part of the responsibility for making the business succeed THEN you can have some of the authority to make decisions.

Has absolutely nothing to do with democracy vs. dictatorship.

Agree 100%.
    What you seem to be missing here is that rule #1 of running a successful business is, that's right you guessed it, "The customer is always right!". Repeat after me, "The customer is always right".
    Would you also want to argue on basic math which states 70>30? Which was the rought ratio of 'yes' to 'no' votes before I called it a night.
    b:dirty
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rollback, i am for...

*tho they did spend 12h fixing it and tried to avoid this, but still ROLLBACK*
    b:dirty
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Even after 3 days the rollback will be the best thing to do. I better loose 2 days of hard grinding and legit earned coins and items then do stay and play along with Exploiters
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As a semi-twisted quote from Fire Emblem's Ike once stated:

"You'll get no signature from me..."

I wouldn't have been upset by a rollback, as I would've just lost a few percentage points of experience, but looking at the time frame now, it seems highly unlikely, bordering on impossible.

Let's face it, not everybody's going to be satisfied...am I satisfied with PWI's actions? Not really, I think they could've done more. Am I content? 110%. The way the GM's and Mods kept us updated (and entertained) via the forums while the Emergency Server Check was going on really showed me that they do care about their players, and their community. The front page newsletter addressing the situation also proved their concern of the game to me.

This is the only MMO I've played where the higher-ups actually talk to their players instead of hiding behind an authoritative figure. I've seen World Chats go back and forth between players and GM's, and the GM's cracking jokes with their GM WC's...it really makes me happy that I know that if something goes wrong, I can either try and talk to a GM, or bring it here to the forums, where fellow players will actually help me out without accosting me or calling me a "noob".

But enough of my own personal tastes, let's get back to the matter at hand. Yes, yesterday's event was pretty horrible, and did have a severe impact on the economy of the game. And yes, it's true that not everyone that is guilty will be caught. And yes, I know that it'll be a while before everything becomes perfectly stable again...

...but you have to admit, when it comes to customer service, PWI is really trying to not just make the game fun for us...but also trying to connect themselves with their customers. Rollback or not, I'm gonna keep playing (and paying every now and again), and enjoy my time adventuring amongst my fellow players. See y'all in game, don't be afraid to drop me a line if you're in Heaven's Tear. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Zuleica - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Agree 100%.
    What you seem to be missing here is that rule #1 of running a successful business is, that's right you guessed it, "The customer is always right!". Repeat after me, "The customer is always right".
    Would you also want to argue on basic math which states 70>30? Which was the rought ratio of 'yes' to 'no' votes before I called it a night.

I think you have completely missed the meaning of; "The customer is always right."

It does NOT mean the customer is always right about how to run your business.

It does NOT mean the customer is always right about how to manage QA, maintainance and development.

It does NOT mean the customer is always right about how to correct bugs.

It DOES mean that a company, to be successful, needs to satisfy it's customer BASE. And, in the case of MMOs, that does not always apply to SPECIFIC customers or groups of customers but the overall player base.

Polls on MMO forums do not necessarily reflect the wishes of the player base.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If this game doesn't like Democracy, they should only release it to countries that supports either Communism or Dictatorship.

Perhaps you've forgotten that this game's owners reside in a communist country. Chairman Mao would have approved of the GMs' handling of the event: Ignore the majority voice, carry out executions, and suppress the protestors.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Agree 100%.

Yes the customer is always right.I agree.

BUT.....HOW MANY customers my friend?

Lets see by sheer GUESS alone.HOW MANY ppl are playing PWI?.......and how many ppl are asking for rollback?

The naked TRUTH is.......even 500 of u say "YES ROLLBACK"....is it even 1/10? 1/100? of the entire combined 3 server population in PWI?

Another truth is.........You know why no CONCRETE STATEMENT from Gm/Admin?

Lets say they say a DEFINITE "No rollback". What happens? What changes? bet my left nut AGAIN there will STILL be "GM WE WANT ROLLBACK!" threads by the 100s.

They can't say "YES ROLLBACK" cos lets face it....They got no intention to.

So whats the solution?

As time goes by, MORE AND MORE ppl playing,lvling,getting legit items from legit 10hr non stop runs,etc.UNDO all that? You SERIOUSLY think they gonna do that from the 50+ names here and risk pissing off tens of thousands more?

I'm not gonna say "grow up" or something cliche like that.
    But i WILL say.....THINK about this real hard and see if your complaints are futile or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As a semi-twisted quote from Fire Emblem's Ike once stated:

"You'll get no signature from me..."

I wouldn't have been upset by a rollback, as I would've just lost a few percentage points of experience, but looking at the time frame now, it seems highly unlikely, bordering on impossible.

Let's face it, not everybody's going to be satisfied...am I satisfied with PWI's actions? Not really, I think they could've done more. Am I content? 110%. The way the GM's and Mods kept us updated (and entertained) via the forums while the Emergency Server Check was going on really showed me that they do care about their players, and their community. The front page newsletter addressing the situation also proved their concern of the game to me.

This is the only MMO I've played where the higher-ups actually talk to their players instead of hiding behind an authoritative figure. I've seen World Chats go back and forth between players and GM's, and the GM's cracking jokes with their GM WC's...it really makes me happy that I know that if something goes wrong, I can either try and talk to a GM, or bring it here to the forums, where fellow players will actually help me out without accosting me or calling me a "noob".

But enough of my own personal tastes, let's get back to the matter at hand. Yes, yesterday's event was pretty horrible, and did have a severe impact on the economy of the game. And yes, it's true that not everyone that is guilty will be caught. And yes, I know that it'll be a while before everything becomes perfectly stable again...

...but you have to admit, when it comes to customer service, PWI is really trying to not just make the game fun for us...but also trying to connect themselves with their customers. Rollback or not, I'm gonna keep playing (and paying every now and again), and enjoy my time adventuring amongst my fellow players. See y'all in game, don't be afraid to drop me a line if you're in Heaven's Tear. ^_^

I agree that it seems no actions is taking place now.

What i dont understand why the hell didnt they do a Rollback, a roll back would have gave people with gold there gold back, and people with coins there coins back and everything would have been in balance. Now is almost imposible to rebalance the IG economy, if they dont take the decision to ROLBACk anyhow they will face exploiters next time with higher damage then now. IMO
  • blindeyesniper
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Perhaps you've forgotten that this game's owners reside in a communist country. Chairman Mao would have approved of the GMs' handling of the event: Ignore the majority voice, carry out executions, and suppress the protestors.

Why are you bringing politics into a thread discussing the failure of PWI's emergency maintenance? Now my question is, did other versions of PW get this patch? If so, how did they handle the situation? In honest truth, I think the Chinese version of PW would have done a better job and probably would have done the sensible thing, a rollback.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why are you bringing politics into a thread discussing the failure of PWI's emergency maintenance? Now my question is, did other versions of PW get this patch? If so, how did they handle the situation? In honest truth, I think the Chinese MMO's would have done a better job and probably would have done the sensible thing, a rollback.

Very true. I wonder what did they do? i am 100% sure they did a ROLLBACK
  • blindeyesniper
    edited February 2009
    Options

Lets see by sheer GUESS alone.HOW MANY ppl are playing PWI?.......and how many ppl are asking for rollback?

The naked TRUTH is.......even 500 of u say "YES ROLLBACK"....is it even 1/10? 1/100? of the entire combined 3 server population in PWI?

Lets say they say a DEFINITE "No rollback". What happens? What changes? bet my left nut AGAIN there will STILL be "GM WE WANT ROLLBACK!" threads by the 100s.

So whats the solution?

As time goes by, MORE AND MORE ppl playing,lvling,getting legit items from legit 10hr non stop runs,etc.UNDO all that? You SERIOUSLY think they gonna do that from the 50+ names here and risk pissing off tens of thousands more?

But i WILL say.....THINK about this real hard and see if your complaints are futile or not?

Yes, the entire population did not vote but if they did, what do you think will be the outcome of the poll? I'm willing to bet that more, if not majority of the people are going to vote yes on rollback if it meant rolling back to just before the patch.
  • Zuleica - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Very true. I wonder what did they do? i am 100% sure they did a ROLLBACK

That's a contradiction...

Unless the first question was rhetorical you state you wonder then state your absolute knowledge.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I agree that it seems no actions is taking place now.

What i dont understand why the hell didnt they do a Rollback, a roll back would have gave people with gold there gold back, and people with coins there coins back and everything would have been in balance. Now is almost imposible to rebalance the IG economy, if they dont take the decision to ROLBACk anyhow they will face exploiters next time with higher damage then now. IMO

Oh, totally. However, I believe the reason behind that would be the charging of the gold itself. If they had a rollback, then anyone who actually purchased Zen during that time (for whatever reason), would have it rolled back so that they didn't buy it. However, their credit card (or whatever they used to pay) would still state that they were charged for said Zen.

Now, since PWI offers multiple avenues to pay for Zen, almost all of which are used somehow, this would mean going one-by-one, through every payment option, telling them to reset all of their purchases received from PWI from the time the rollback would revert to.

Lots of paperwork, red tape, hair pulling, and sumo wrestling (okay, maybe not the last, but still...) ensue...perhaps it's just too much of a hassle to trudge through it? I don't know, it's just my theory...I'm only 18 years old, freshman in college, the works...but still, I still am content with the way they handled it. Thanks for not instantly flaming, Ethas. ^_^v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Zuleica - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, the entire population did not vote but if they did, what do you think will be the outcome of the poll? I'm willing to bet that more, if not majority of the people are going to vote yes on rollback if it meant rolling back to just before the patch.

It's rather easy to be willing to bet on something that you'll never be given the opportunity to test. Typically MMO forum posters are a different type of player. The sample population here is not representative of the entire player base. It's been that way in every MMO I've played since UO.
  • Ethas - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options

So whats the solution?

90% of the PWI players don't even know what hit PWI. They asking in game and they get miss led information. And they say "Oh yeah?" , "NVM i have to do a quest" , they don't even bother to see what will really happen in future, because they don't care about the game. 50% of the 90% are playing for the first time an MMO (IMO), and the rest of them are saying "THE GM'S TOLD US IT IS FIXED, so STFU", THEY DON'T CARE ENOUGH , this will reflect on higher levels , when the economy will not be ballanced and the Ill MOLD bought will cost huge amount of coins do to inflations. and so on and so on.
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

Before the maintainance i would say YES you are right. But now that the servers are up and Going to be up for the next 3 days...........You will lose the bet.

You may think, that majority of PWI wants a rollback......but my friend....IF that were the case.....then why the SAME names here amounting to less than a hundred?Why ppl STILL playing,lvling as per NORMAL?

I am sorry to say....Your cause is LOST.UNLESS the population of PWI felt SO STRONGLY about this,to simply ABANDON the game till a rollback occurs....and i mean a REALLY SIGNIFICANT DRASTIC drop of PWI activity....enough to make the BOSSES sit up and say "WTF IS GOING ON???"
    Then and only then would you get your rollback.

Hard to swallow.....but the truth normally is.

I am sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • a3shuzy3
    a3shuzy3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Show me specific non-anecdotal evidence of a continued 10x inflation. and then I'll agree they should change the $-zen exchange rate.

continued? inflation?
    Are you kidding me with what your saying?
    Did you exploit the dirty cash too? is that why your so defensive?
    I'm positive that you did because you are so against it.
    You need to see "Continued" 10x inflation?
    Stop acting like GM by hoping that PW will get better it self in 2 days because the big ones got banned.

I pay 50 dollars for 50 gold, which is 5 million.
    You tell me how many people got at least 3~5 million now?

I do not need your opinion on this one since you talk as if some exploiters getting away is nothing bad.

Do me a favour and do not reply.

Most of players are not rich as you.
  • deathrosedarkness
    deathrosedarkness Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    On a side note, PWI stated they have 70+ accounts suspended; however I've read some post stating some people were banned. Those are two different words with different meanings. Are the exploiters(70+) Banned or suspended, if its the latter, for how long?
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    On a side note, PWI stated they have 70+ accounts suspended; however I've read some post stating some people were banned. Those are two different words with different meanings. Are the exploiters(70+) Banned or suspended, if its the latter, for how long?

AHA!!!! You caught that one did you^_^

Good job:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    edited February 2009
    Options

Pretty sure it's not going to be long before they're back. They're the money cows and PWI is all about the money. b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.