Wow, seriously?

Options
Saveless - Sanctuary
Saveless - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
What's this I hear about Verticoli having made 800m from this incident and gets to keep it? And I know some people who have their money still....will gladly report them, 'cause this is bs.
Post edited by Saveless - Sanctuary on

Comments

• blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    That's not right.
    I wonder how many more people made coins off selling gold at outrageous prices and keep the coins that weren't supposed to be there in the first place. It would certainly put a lot of players that did not sell gold during the whole chaos at a disadvantage. Agree?
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What's this I hear about Verticoli having made 800m from this incident and gets to keep it? And I know some people who have their money still....will gladly report them, 'cause this is bs.

Some people may have made their cash simply from selling gold in AH at inflated prices(hey they didnt put a gun to anyones head to buy it).... the only money that was removed was probably the money directly involved with the coin exploit.... the money gained from selling the bugged CS item to merchants.
  • Saveless - Sanctuary
    Saveless - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My honest opinion...do a rollback, I don't care what I lose or how long it takes.
  • a3shuzy3
    a3shuzy3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Some people may have made their cash simply from selling gold in AH at inflated prices(hey they didnt put a gun to anyones head to buy it).... the only money that was removed was probably the money directly involved with the coin exploit.... the money gained from selling the bugged CS item to merchants.

I never knew that selling bugged CS item to merchant gives u coins..
    hrm.. how did u know this anyways?
    I've been trying to find this info for last sever down hourss..:(
  • devil85
    devil85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I believe alot of ppl earn tons of money during this period. I will quit this game if no rollback b:bye

I feel betrayed by putting real money in the game and they got those money due to the dumb coders.
  • guilty
    guilty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes, i just heard those who has tons of money from the bug are still not suspended.....

GMs should look deeper into players bank/inventory gold amount plz
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    a3shuzy3 wrote: »
    I never knew that selling bugged CS item to merchant gives u coins..
    hrm.. how did u know this anyways?
    I've been trying to find this info for last sever down hourss..:(

Well having flipped through some of the threads on this forum, from what I gather..... the exploit was caused by a cashshop item being sold to NPC merchants for way more than what it's actual value was.

For example.....let's say I just bought a pack of socket stones, and for whatever reason the NPC value of those stones was 1M coins per stone, just made 15M coins from something that was only worth 100K tops if I sold it in catshops.......................THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE, I have no firsthand knowledge of which cashshop item was actually bugged
  • KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I talked to some banned people and the pigments from the cashshop were selling at like 550k each to the NPC's.
  • Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear
    Yasuni_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol seriously, im quiting.
    all this **** cuz of some **** abusing.. and not even some double exp or something? =\
  • Deviloni - Heavens Tear
    Deviloni - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GM's did a **** poor job, most people still have money they made from lastnight.
    a simple rollback to lastnights save would have fixed it all and the realms wouldnt have been down so long. but hey, what do i know.
    *goes back to wow
  • Teeemu - Sanctuary
    Teeemu - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yea.. rollback is still the best choice..

i know you PW Gms worked long today (i applaud u for that), but come back tomorrow and fix the ENTIRE problem with a rollback..

i know bunch of people who made 20+mil coin during the glitch b:shocked....
  • devil85
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well. i know some who made 1.5billions b:shocked
  • Tehfishy - Heavens Tear
    Tehfishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not to offend anyone here but, HOW IN ANY WAY IS HEARING A RUMOR CREDITABLE?!

I can say I have 10 billion coin, it's a rumor, it's also a lie. I'm dirt poor but I bet people will believe me. No, I KNOW people would believe me...

SS or it isn't real, that's my opinion.

A roll back is the last thing any Admin should do. Sitting and saying the GM's did a bad job is also a **** thing to say. Why? because a few people shot off their mouths and said they have all this money? Give the GM's the mods and the developers a damn break they worked 10 hours + Just to get this game up again.
  • Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear
    Pwntmasta - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wtf most people here dont understand that the people that were buying gold were the bug exploiters so they can buy more cs items. So even if i gotta admit that you have the right to sell at 500k/g Who the fudge would buy at this price yes you smart one only the bug exploiters again you win. so all the money the gold seller made was from that exploit even if they didnt knew about it. So go bed and can we get that roll back now ?
  • Esteban801 - Sanctuary
    Esteban801 - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

A roll back is the last thing any Admin should do.

With a glitch this big that is the first thing they should have to do.
  • devil85
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Tehfishy it is not a rumor. You are probably one of them too.
  • Alyithra - Lost City
    Alyithra - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have to agree with Tehfishy on this one.

I’m not trying to be a prick or anything, but have ANY of the people demanding a rollback worked as a GM on a retail or even private server? It is not an easy job, and the fact that they did emergency maintenance so fast shows their giving their all. It’s all too easy to sit back and point the finger or demand things.

And a rollback for the record is generally a last resort. Any professional GM will do everything he/she can to prevent players from losing hard earned xp, lvls, items, etc. Give them time to completely fix things now that the immediate problem is resolved instead of threatening to quit. Submit a ticket, one that's to the point and not full of whining and report these people your complaining about instead of flaming a thread about them. Sooner their reported, sooner their looked into.

Side Note: To those who refer to coders as “dumb”, I’d love to see you do what they do for just one day. If you get through it without a single mistake, I’ll gladly bow and apologize for saying you’re out of line.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol ok, so I **** my awesome 2,000 coin? =) Woot I am l33t haxorz.
    Incase you cant tell im being sarcastic.

anyways, think about it anyone who does mass amounts of spending with in the next few months will most likely be tracked down, and monitored, logs searched and yadayadayada. I doubt this is the end of things. But for now, those who claim they kept their **** money, SS it and submit a ticket, even if they're lying -_-; /epeen fails.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have to agree with Tehfishy on this one.

I’m not trying to be a prick or anything, but have ANY of the people demanding a rollback worked as a GM on a retail or even private server? It is not an easy job, and the fact that they did emergency maintenance so fast shows their giving their all. It’s all too easy to sit back and point the finger or demand things.

And a rollback for the record is generally a last resort. Any professional GM will do everything he/she can to prevent players from losing hard earned xp, lvls, items, etc. Give them time to completely fix things now that the immediate problem is resolved instead of threatening to quit. Submit a ticket, one that's to the point and not full of whining and report these people your complaining about instead of flaming a thread about them. Sooner their reported, sooner their looked into.

Side Note: To those who refer to coders as “dumb”, I’d love to see you do what they do for just one day. If you get through it without a single mistake, I’ll gladly bow and apologize for saying you’re out of line.

Right on the money
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, seems like my faction mate made 20 mil from selling gold. He has no reason to lie in faction chat with only 3 ppl on. This is ridiculous! Complete opposite of fair play.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No this is complete fair play, he set the price on the gold he bought. That's what gold trading is about. I can buy a gold low and sell high. Sure no one will buy it. But hey it could happen?
    The point of this is its a free market he choose to sell his gold that high instead at normal price. Now he exploited the market should he be banned too?

He saw that people were buying high and choose to sell his high.
    he didnt HAVE to he could have just as easily sold for normal =)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, seems like my faction mate made 20 mil from selling gold. He has no reason to lie in faction chat with only 3 ppl on. This is ridiculous! Complete opposite of fair play.
    20M is alot but I would probably let that slide if I were a GM (its easy to spend that much on NPCs) although Verticoli and his 800M.... seriously that is kinda scary for the server, not to mention...well Im actually just speechless...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • blindeyesniper
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't see how this can even be considered fair play since the coins used to purchase these golds weren't even supposed to be in game in the first place.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Think about it this way, from TW alone 300M is pumped into the game each week.
    Now add all the players whom do their quests and NPC every little item they get.
    On average any player can make 500k a day just in NPCables...
    even if 1,000 players do this thats 500,000,000 gold in NPC. Now obviously that number holds no merit.. its just an example.
    Its better to have it in one hand than in the hands of many.
    One hand = crazy fun spending
    Many = inflation
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No this is complete fair play, he set the price on the gold he bought. That's what gold trading is about. I can buy a gold low and sell high. Sure no one will buy it. But hey it could happen?
    The point of this is its a free market he choose to sell his gold that high instead at normal price. Now he exploited the market should he be banned too?

He saw that people were buying high and choose to sell his high.
    he didnt HAVE to he could have just as easily sold for normal =)

How does that person's guilt have anything to do with the fact that that person's actions have affected me negatively? You must not believe in inflation, or realize that for many this is a zero-sum game against many others (PvP, TW, Rankings). I don't care whether the ones who exploited the AH did it maliciously or not because either way it hurts me, and should have simply been rolled back.

And to whoever mentioned before that I shouldn't speak about rolling something back if I have never been a GM, realize that is nothing more than an argument from authority. Obviously, this solution isn't satisfactory to many of those who are consuming the product, and I certainly don't need to be a coder or GM to realize this is ****.
  • devil85
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think the fair play he meant is "oops they got lucky" The GM gave them money.

I guess it is ok if GM give his/her friends money?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't see how this can even be considered fair play since the coins used to purchase these golds weren't even supposed to be in game in the first place.

Did he know what was going on? He most likely didn't think and saw a chance to make money. So he set his prices high thus using the PW Free market gold trading system...

I do believe in inflation but over time the money will dispense and pitter out(Being dispensed over the entire PWI server to other people who buy skills, pots, and repairs) or be tracked by GM's and get banned or taken away.
  • lamerboi2003
    lamerboi2003 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Still, we will see flames ignite, roll back or no roll back, lmao. GMs won't be given a break with whatever decisions they make...let it go, sheesh. I'm worried more for the GMs than what's happening in game. All that trash talk is just ridiculous, everyone makes mistakes, deal with it.
  • blindeyesniper
    edited February 2009
    Options
    "Did he know what was going on? He most likely didn't think and saw a chance to make money. So he set his prices high thus using the PW Free market gold trading system..."

Which is why a rollback would have been better than this half-assed fix. Everyone that saw the opportunity to make a few mil cashed in and left those out in the cold because they didn't. A rollback, although might cause a few players unhappy at the amount of time/exp lost, is definitely a better solution. It will make the play ground at least a little more level than it is right now.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes and the right thing to do would be to do your best to correct them. Am I right? I know they did try but as you can see, many people are still not satisfied. Maybe they ought to try again?
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

lol but ur guildie worked a week i think u know like rl hours labor to get the money to buy it ... i think zhen sold cheap in auction if u compare 1 charm 4 dollars lol .... idk what to say ppl work hard for every gold in game somebody wasting his rl money ... i think most complaints now come from the non zhen buyers telling zhen buyers how to spend there rl money on game i mean common lol ... do a rollback idc gimmie back all my zhen this day then not over months of refunding time zzzz + i want keep all my progress made u all mad still lol the peeps who took advantage are banned ppl who bought stuff with there rl money for game item i mean u cant go to a store u buy some3thing while u in the store the person says no i want the item back now others think its unfair lool .... so u all saying the sellers shoulda been good and not sell zhen that day? woudnt u if u saw that price and ppl are willing to pay?? now we must return all because u think its not fair? loool ok i hope for u all that want a rollback that after the rollback zhen buyers still buy zhen for u guys because i dont think they all to happy ... and doubt if they will put in rl cash in auction for players that cant ... but ey do what u all want complainnnnnnnnn onnnnnnnn imma play the game idc bout what others have let vert have 10000000000 mill idc reallly lol u all weird without the zhenbuyers no charms no nothing and the 1s that missed out on it eyy we cant help that then u shoulda been online i guess lol .... ahh well im done with this if ppl go on cryng like this in the game bla bla imma quit lol jeeez this sooo pathetic u all bashing on the zhen buyers whahah the 1s that keeps the game going but do what u all want lol
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad