THe GMs deserve a round of appaulse.

Options

Comments

• Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'd like to thank the GM's and the Mod's and everyone else behind the scenes at PWI. Today must have been a nightmare for you folks. Your work is appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'd like to thank the GM's and the Mod's and everyone else behind the scenes at PWI. Today must have been a nightmare for you folks. Your work is appreciated.

A nightmare from hell. It wasn't expected at all...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They do deserve a round of applause. They don't, however, deserve all this **** people keep spouting.
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Forgive me for not giving an applause to the GMs and Mods of this game.

They have handled this incident poorly.

1. They kept us all in the dark.
    2. This happened after a patch. They still haven't learned from previous experiences with bad patches. Please, next time you do a patch, test it well.
    3. Mods, there's like more than 1000 posts already on your announcement of emergency maintenance. You can simply close a thread and not let others post on it.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    iamcleric wrote: »
    1. They kept us all in the dark.
    2. This happened after a patch. They still haven't learned from previous experiences with bad patches. Please, next time you do a patch, test it well.
    3. Mods, there's like more than 1000 posts already on your announcement of emergency maintenance. You can simply close a thread and not let others post on it.

1.) PWE is a company. They can't just disclose information like that. as they have, stated, on several occasions.

2.) Agreed. They should really learn to test their updates before sending it out.

3.) The admin's are posting in that thread also. It's more or less, a place for everyone to relax, and calm down in. Obviously, you hadn't noticed, but it's keeping the general populace's malice towards everything, to a minimum.
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1.) PWE is a company. They can't just disclose information like that. as they have, stated, on several occasions.

2.) Agreed. They should really learn to test their updates before sending it out.

3.) The admin's are posting in that thread also. It's more or less, a place for everyone to relax, and calm down in. Obviously, you hadn't noticed, but it's keeping the general populace's malice towards everything, to a minimum.

As to no.2 as said by a GM they have learned from today.

For the other 2 points XAsch is correct.

EDIT: Also go to my post history alone and see exactly how many threads I closed. Other threads were fully deleted and I am not the only person doing so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As to no.2 as said by a GM they have learned from today.

Hopefully, it's put to good use! b:chuckle
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A nightmare from hell. It wasn't expected at all...b:surrender

On Friday the 13th too... hope you're not superstitious!
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    On Friday the 13th too... hope you're not superstitious!
    b:chuckle

Weill it just had to happen though for me it is Saturday already by now. 5:15am... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mond_chan - Heavens Tear
    Mond_chan - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hmm sometimes i wish i can write an better english with my bad german school english but anyway...

I applause too for the GM and mods for all the hard work. Besides i will applause too for all ppl here in PWi for abundance of patience, not all but the mostly here.
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    German? O.o

I grew up there my dad did always say school english is no english though my old teacher was NOT amused when I told her what he said XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Green_Tea - Sanctuary
    Green_Tea - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yups i totally agree with ts, i feel that the gm's have tried really hard to fix the problem. infact, i feel that they are much better than other gms from other games. one local game provider in my country, has such bad service that they have to reset the game server every day. not to mention, there's a big problem with their game launcher and this problem has been on for lyk 1 year but they havent fix it yet.
    so bravo to the PW gm team. although i feel that gms should look through the patch they received from china first, so that these events can be prevented.
    i also want to thanks the forum mods. i understand that the forum mods are volunteers, and i feel that they have done a good job in preventing panic. they also let us have a feeling of being included in the fixing of this problem.
    thumbs uP!
    <Arise> guild on Sanctuary server recruiting LVL 20+ All Class. PM me in-game or leave a message at arise.gamerdna.comb:victory
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Jepp German, why u ask ? o.O
    I grew up there my dad did always say school english is no english though my old teacher was NOT amused when I told her what he said XD

hehe, hm my fault is i cant corectly the times and grama OMG i can read and undersand the most but written or speak *cough cough*

well i think i didnt to die of hunger when i visit any time USA xD
  • Houken - Sanctuary
    Houken - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yea sorry Asch but, I'm not going to applause my questions being ignored. Also, why can't this information be disclosed(rollbacks), it is very important for players to know whether or not people who used glitch are going to be allowed to keep their ill-gotten gains.
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Jepp German, why u ask ? o.O

hehe, hm my fault is i cant corectly the times and grama OMG i can read and undersand the most but written or speak *cough cough*

well i think i didnt to die of hunger when i visit any time USA xD

I live in the Uk now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistressLuna - Heavens Tear
    MistressLuna - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    MODS AND GM FTW ^-^b:kiss DO WHAT YOU DO BEST AND IGNORE THE CLUELESS. I do that all the time..makes for a better game play and life..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Luna -still- Loves You All
  • Gaelis - Sanctuary
    Gaelis - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    They do deserve a round of applause. They don't, however, deserve all this **** people keep spouting.

I completely agree. b:victory
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yea sorry Asch but, I'm not going to applause my questions being ignored. Also, why can't this information be disclosed(rollbacks), it is very important for players to know whether or not people who used glitch are going to be allowed to keep their ill-gotten gains.

They may have alternate ways of repairing the problem, without needing to reroll. In which case, they wouldn't disclose any information regarding rerolling, as they're checking those other paths out prior.

Not to mention, new questions would then arise:

How long are we going to be put back?
    How long before it takes place?
    Why are we being rolled back so far?
    What happens to the Gold we bought?
    What happens...... blah blah.

It's easier, for them, to just keep quiet, and do their thing, until they're done, and are certain they're willing to do what they decide.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I live in the Uk now.

uhh ok then good morning too xD
    (sry i swear my last offtopic)
  • Tahnaharra - Heavens Tear
    Tahnaharra - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm new to this game (my main is 24th level and i have no faction :() But i've been playiong non stop its addicting, and well worth the wait for repairs. I don't know anyone here yet or any of the GMs/Mods yet but I know what kinda hell it is to fix a server glitch after a crash and the like. Me and my brother use to be GMs for another game. So i understand your hell. I might not understand the level of hell your on but i've been down a similar path. This is taking far less time then i would of thought it would. You should all get cookies or something, at the very least some applause.
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm new to this game (my main is 24th level and i have no faction :() But i've been playiong non stop its addicting, and well worth the wait for repairs. I don't know anyone here yet or any of the GMs/Mods yet but I know what kinda hell it is to fix a server glitch after a crash and the like. Me and my brother use to be GMs for another game. So i understand your hell. I might not understand the level of hell your on but i've been down a similar path. This is taking far less time then i would of thought it would. You should all get cookies or something, at the very least some applause.

Cookies? Gimme tea!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Msu - Sanctuary
    Msu - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Keep up the good work everyone i know its been a long time but keep yours head held high and thank you for all the updates and for being very nice tonight.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Arya, you could've edited my post for me, so I wouldn't look silly. =(
  • Shana - Lost City
    Shana - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Weill it just had to happen though for me it is Saturday already by now. 5:15am... b:shocked

Yikes. All the more reason to give you a pat on the back for staying up to help solve this crisis.
    Shana / 7x Robe Wizard / ReturneR Marshal
    ... And damn proud of it.
  • Msu - Sanctuary
    Msu - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i like pop
  • LongThan - Sanctuary
    LongThan - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mod and GM do not fix bugs, it is the dev. who fixed. And it is us player who find the bug first then post it in the forum. And Mod is the 1 looking around the forum to find bugs that report by players right? lol i'm not too confident, but welcome to fixed itb:chuckle and just try to understand my english its my third language
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok have some tea then.. I perfer cookies tho..
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok have some tea then.. I perfer cookies tho..
    As some GM's always say I am ADDICTED to tea! But what do you expect? I live in the UK afterall! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Tea is ok i guess, but i guess this is a discussion for another thread :) (cookies rule)
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i think the GMs deserve a round of applause. they do a great job and everyone should get off there backs for being "slow" fixing this emengency problem with the server. have YOU tried to fix a problem having no idea what i was or what caused it? thank you, but they can do it in less than 24 hours. so just shut up and let the GMs do there job. and donate. they need it.

Why? They are doing the job they are paid for doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh