Phoenix Flesh Ream Issues

Options

Comments

• Science - Lost City
    Science - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    First and foremost the "bugged" skill should be fixed. If every other class and their skills are subject to a pvp damage reduction then Venomancers and their phoenixes must be held to the same rule.

With that said I'd like to address this issue of players feeling every class should be adept at every type of combat. I for one am an archer because I prefer that combat style, and I'm well aware of it's strengths and weaknesses (Though at times I get in over my head and try to be a tank). It just baffles me when I see Venomancers and Clerics complaining about their performance in pvp. Granted I believe every class should be able to defend themselves adequately, but if you roll these support classes (Or at least traditionally thought to be) expecting to be a dominant pker or pvper against all classes and in every situation you're fooling yourself. Of course with adjustments to your build and equipment any class can enhance a weakness, but I figure if you want to be a pure killer roll Blademaster, Archer, or Mage.

So yes Venomancers should be able to pvp verse classes they should have the advantage against with success, but phoenixes have given them an advantage against all classes. Dying (Or the dreaded double K.O.) to Venomancers levels below me, who 9/10 have at best decent armor because of a bugged skill isn't cool by any means.
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People said the same thing in the last mmo I played. They quickly ate their words when my mage started killing them all with my staff and no str. Along with players who got pissed they could not damage me due to quite insane physical defense, on a mage no less.

Come and make me eat my words then! Oh right, you're on the PVE server because you couldn't handle LC. Too bad.

Oh and don't get me wrong, guys, I'd never argue for the flesh ream to remain unfixed, but there are at least 3 active topics, all about this bug and not one GM has so much as commented it on it. Not even the "We're working on it, please be patient!" responses they gave for the charm packs threads.

This bug isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. Maybe one day, but I'd be surprised if half the people in this thread are still playing when (if) they get around to doing it.
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you all hate Flesh Ream so bad, go buy Soulcleanse Orbs...my god.
  • godheadslament
    godheadslament Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I demand full damage for archers. Thats not imba cause you can compensate it with Dragon Lord's Powder!!!!1
    Btw, soulcleanse orbs seem to be broken. Only two out of five orbs removed the phoenix bleed for me.
  • Science - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

The cool down on apothecary items takes quite a bit of time and I'm assuming you know this. So for quick killers such as Mages or Archers this can work, but if you can't take a Venomancer out in two or three hits it's not a valid solution. Also 1 vs 1 this may work, but being ganked or in a guild vs guild situation it wont cut it.

I don't make post and looking at the arguments thus far it seems like half are actually constructive (from both sides) and the other half is just emotional bickering and flaming, trolling, and whatever net slang is in at the moment, but hey that's what I get for expecting intelligent conversation or debate in a gaming forum b:surrender

One thing I do know is that the GMs, Admins, Devs whatevs seem slow to respond on this issue. I'm pretty sure transparency or some kind of valid response would be greatly appreciated from both sides of this argument.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't own a phoenix and very likely never will, but for all of you who insist flesh ream/phoenix is bugged, please show us even 1 example where a GM even remotely aknowledges it as a bug in ANY version of PW.

Some people think **** marriages and male Venos should be a part of PW as well... but just as with "nerfing pet bleed".... guess what, it AIN'T gonna happen!

They can't even fix the things that they DO aknowledge are bugs, what makes you think they would be worried about fixing a skill that is quite possibly working exactly as it was intended?!?!

No Use crying over it, learn to deal with it or stop playing.
  • Science - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't own a phoenix and very likely never will, but for all of you who insist flesh ream/phoenix is bugged, please show us even 1 example where a GM even remotely aknowledges it as a bug in ANY version of PW.

Some people think **** marriages and male Venos should be a part of PW as well... but just as with "nerfing pet bleed".... guess what, it AIN'T gonna happen!

They can't even fix the things that they DO aknowledge are bugs, what makes you think they would be worried about fixing a skill that is quite possibly working exactly as it was intended?!?!

No Use crying over it, learn to deal with it or stop playing.

Good point. I've never seen any official statement, but I'm not on the forums or Perfect World related webs much. All the information and arguments I use are based from players in game (Many being Venos).

So if this is the intended damage so be it, but being on a pvp server and fighting against them I can say personally the damage is other worldly. I have above average equipment for my lvl (All HH, 3*, or gold) and I literally melt fighting against Venos using phoenixes. Granted I'm pure dex, but I can hold my own 1 vs 1 against every other class my level and a bit higher.

Last, but not least I dislike when people dismiss and trivialize valid points as crying/QQing. It's the best way attempt to diminish any points of importance from the other side without giving a logical rebuttal. . . Most people lacking intelligence fall for it every time. And yes with all that said I doubt anything will be done about it if there actually is malfunction with the skill
  • Law - Lost City
    Law - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    People.. I'm sure the GMs are awared that the Phenoix bleed is bugged, in fact, one of the in-game GM (Not gonna name names..) answered me in PM and said that Phoenix flesh ream IS doing much more damage than it's suppose to be.

The problem is, PWI is a F2P game, and cash shop is the only way they earn income. Now, how many duke shouts of "XXX has gotten a Phenoix" you see a day? I see about 1-3 on average.. Considering each one cost about $200 USD.

My point is, this battle pet holds a somewhat significant percent of PWI's income, and if flesh ream gets fixed, the demand for Pheonix will drop dramatically, which results in their income dropping dramatically.

So, unless you can convince their marketing managers to change their mind, it's useless (at least at this point) to make anymore post regarding the bugged flesh ream.

*This is just my opinion* b:bye
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Good point. I've never seen any official statement, but I'm not on the forums or Perfect World related webs much. All the information and arguments I use are based from players in game (Many being Venos).

So if this is the intended damage so be it, but being on a pvp server and fighting against them I can say personally the damage is other worldly. I have above average equipment for my lvl (All HH, 3*, or gold) and I literally melt fighting against Venos using phoenixes. Granted I'm pure dex, but I can hold my own 1 vs 1 against every other class my level and a bit higher.

Last, but not least I dislike when people dismiss and trivialize valid points as crying/QQing. It's the best way attempt to diminish any points of importance from the other side without giving a logical rebuttal. . . Most people lacking intelligence fall for it every time. And yes with all that said I doubt anything will be done about it if there actually is malfunction with the skill

My point being, whether it is or is not a bug(and we don't know for sure that it is), and yet we know nothing is going to be done about it any time in the near future, but we continue to drone on about it.... what are we doing??? Call it beating a dead horse if you like but it sounds like crying to me.

Another point I'd like to make is that talk of "nerfing" a key ability of any class cannot be discussed intelligently, there will ALWAYS be two sides with a heavy bias one way or the other and it will degenerate into a pissing contest EVERY single time, this much is inevitable.

The most we can hope to do when we believe there is an imbalance is attempt to point it out to the GMs and let them take it from there..... The GMs already have PLENTY of information to work with on this and yet they remain silent on this issue..... this should tell everyone that nothing is going to be done about this.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    one of gms posted they are looking into it months ago, the link was in one of the pheonix threads
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    one of gms posted they are looking into it months ago, the link was in one of the pheonix threads

Translation: "Yeah, we checked our bank balance, but.. eh... little David's college fees aren't gonna pay themselves. Moar phoenixes plox."
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Translation: "Yeah, we checked our bank balance, but.. eh... little David's college fees aren't gonna pay themselves. Moar phoenixes plox."

b:laughb:laughb:laugh........yes
    also forgot the part where gms here cant do anything programming wise
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    odb wrote: »
    @rundora

actually the only issue i have with archers is their big heads. i can gank an archer with my veno if i get in first but i get pretty much **** by archers on my BM no matter what. if archer gets first hit on veno thats dead too. do i care that i died? nope i get over it and look for a chance to blindside them the next time.

here you go chaotic here is the wisdom you asked for and i even split it up this time...

why dont all you whiners quit complaining about phoenix this phoenix that. the phoenix isnt the issue. the issue is the bleed skill not the phoenix. a leveled sawfly with bleed does a ton of damage as well so you cant say that phoenix is bugged. if you are going to complain at least complain about the right thing.

my BM has **** equips yet i've taken down a veno 15+ levels higher solo. venos are not invincible even with the bleed as it is. i honestly dont care if they lower it a bit as long as they do 2 things...amp the venos skill attacks and fix how flying pets get stuck when they move over the ground and ground pets disappear when you standing in water thats only up to your ankles.

you want 1 way to stop a flying pet? just run on the ground and it will get stuck. veno without pet=squishy. if they stat a heavy veno call yourself a mage or cleric to come in and 1 hit them or use your metal attacks.

you cant always use the same tactics against everyone. you have to change based on your opponent. your opponent will change their tactics to find a way to beat you. just because it changes how you need to fight a veno that you could destroy without it doesnt mean that the game needs to be "fixed" to make things easy for you again.

b:chuckle Sawfly can bleed, but it doesnt completly murder every class w/stun and a overpowered bleed like the phoenix does.
    You can talk about tactics, fight a veno with a phoenix with anything else same level and good gear, then you will see how annoying it is to be killed in a few hits while the veno kites... >.> aint helping barbs (Beastial Onslaught is the only skill that can hit..even then everyone carries a heiro -.-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Considering you buy the same flesh ream pet skill for all pets, the only difference it makes on the pheonix is that it the pheonix has higher damage than the sawfly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i have gear worth twice the cost of a pheonix, bleeds still hit 500+ 300+ from low nixs that is what 5 times more then my bleed? oh and stun woo stun bleed stun stun fun, flesh ream is bugged it hasnt been fixed for years
    heavy armor veno is the pvp build and stands a pretty good chance
    pets are bugged in general , why do knockbacks only work on pets and not people in pvp? its all tied together, pets do not have pvp enable/coded properly
    pet range is also fubar, the amount of kiting a veno with a pet can do is ridiculous, the pet can still attack a person while the veno is running away at 40-50 range

cash shops can be done right and wrong, microtransactions that dont **** the economy and provide huge advantages were the way of cashshops of long ago until it turned into a greedy market, which i have seen MUCH worse in some games

Thats pretty funny you can't kill the venomancer before you yourself die from the phoenix, Especially if your gear is 'double' a phoenix which I doubt unless you're djkinetic rofl.

My main is a BM and I don't worry about phoenixs in TW/PK, Run in and kill the veno with mass amounts of stuns/AOE. So enough QQ and make a veno if its such a problem?
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is exactly why I want to quit the game. WAY overpowered **Ridiculous** and the GM's yes*** I will make this topic nasty Fvcked up so hard core **** they ruined the game for every other class who tried hard. FOR FVCK MAN this phoenix and HERC man wtf Seriously WAY over powered.
    I am ****ing done. I am giving my acc away dude. The GM's are fuking dumb as a bag of rocks.
    Ban me for this post also **** GM's. The work force who run this game are complete fvck ups.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is exactly why I want to quit the game. WAY overpowered **Ridiculous** and the GM's yes*** I will make this topic nasty Fvcked up so hard core **** they ruined the game for every other class who tried hard. FOR FVCK MAN this phoenix and HERC man wtf Seriously WAY over powered.
    I am ****ing done. I am giving my acc away dude. The GM's are fuking dumb as a bag of rocks.
    Ban me for this post also **** GM's. The work force who run this game are complete fvck ups.

Holy cow!b:shocked
    b:bye
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Holy cow!b:shocked

How would you feel being same lvl as me dieing at my hands in 2 seconds without me hurt just because I have a Phoenix?
    Not even using any Vigor/Chi?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How many of you are trying to take out the pheonix when you should be 3 shotting the arcane veno behind it anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Less QQ more PewPew ? b:bye

And @ the poster 2 posts above - the GM's in this game are very good compared to ALOT of other games. It's not their fault, is it?
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Less QQ more PewPew ? b:bye

And @ the poster 2 posts above - the GM's in this game are very good compared to ALOT of other games. It's not their fault, is it?

So they over power one class completely beyond any another... hmm that seems pretty fair I guess.
    Might as well just all be Venos.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought it was the GMs fault or decision to "make venomancers overpoweredQQomgomgomg".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options

Yayay your so mature :) HT server = No need to go into PK mode anyways, I dont see why HT people cry about phoenixs/hercules really..Hell your even a venomancer..Go solo TT n buy a phoenix or re roll to a class that can 1-3 shot the arcane robe behinde the mob..If you get 2hit by a herc or phoenix then you fail miserably at your level.

And in TW theres enough AOEs/Stuns/Tactics so phoenixs n hercs arent an issue in TW really.. Triad cashshops phoenixs .. o well..Put them against RoCs Phoenix/herc killing squad..the end.. If your QQing bout phoenixs n hercs in TW .. then dont TW.. Enough QQ and learn how to Pew pew.. learn how to ninja them venomancers hell gank them if you suck that bad..But stop these pointless and useless posts..qq more plz
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How would you feel being same lvl as me dieing at my hands in 2 seconds without me hurt just because I have a Phoenix?
    Not even using any Vigor/Chi?

I would feel like the mage that i am. 1 shot for everyone, wooooohoooooooooo
    b:bye
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would feel like the mage that i am. 1 shot for everyone, wooooohoooooooooo

Yep everyone 1 shots mages basically :) But a high level light armour mage can deal alot and take some more damage then they normally would
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol fix the bug
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Even though, out of the times I've been against a phoenix, I agree that its bleed is overpowered, a venomancer is built to be a solo-class, of course they have insanely dynamic skills and abilities. Look at their level 79 skill: Myriad Rainbow Venomancer.

Pepper the air with scarabs. All targets in range of 15 meters have a chance to be affected by various status ailments.
    Bleed: 4,500 physical damage over time.
    Poison: 4,500 Wood damage over time.
    Armor break: Physical defense reduces by 100%.
    Mind break: Magic defense reduces by 100%.
    Lasts 9 seconds.

If you thought the phoenix was overpowered, take a gander at that spell. One use of that on a pile in tw and everybody is dead.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I can beat a level 63 veno that had a Pheonix I just sparked and the veno died b4 pheonix touched me really she had Pheonix and herc (kinda sad)
    But this is only from a non TW point of view :3 and a lvl 63 point of view
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    @Forp

There are two level 79 scarabs of the same thing, one is aoe and one is 1v1.
    The aoe skill is a fox form skill. Just putting it out there that there are very few
    fox form venos. And those numbers on bleed and poison look like pve to me.

Not to mention other classes also get level 79 skills......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ZZZ I keep telling myself im going to stop posting about phoenix but u guys keep posting stuff that is so wrong b:sweat
    How many of you are trying to take out the pheonix when you should be 3 shotting the arcane veno behind it anyway?

Pvp build venos are not in arcne armor they are in light/heavy therefore not a 3 shot. Also if i got 3 shots on a veno i would be happy. The problem is as has been said before the veno runs away whilst the phoenix bleeds and normal attacks until u are dead. Therefore u die without the veno ever being close enough for u to attack back. Also there is chain stun from venos who actually like to stick around.
    Yayay your so mature :) HT server = No need to go into PK mode anyways, I dont see why HT people cry about phoenixs/hercules really..Hell your even a venomancer..Go solo TT n buy a phoenix or re roll to a class that can 1-3 shot the arcane robe behinde the mob..If you get 2hit by a herc or phoenix then you fail miserably at your level.

And in TW theres enough AOEs/Stuns/Tactics so phoenixs n hercs arent an issue in TW really.. Triad cashshops phoenixs .. o well..Put them against RoCs Phoenix/herc killing squad..the end.. If your QQing bout phoenixs n hercs in TW .. then dont TW.. Enough QQ and learn how to Pew pew.. learn how to ninja them venomancers hell gank them if you suck that bad..But stop these pointless and useless posts..qq more plz

Plenty of Venos with a phoenix have posted that they too believe the bug should be fixed so its not about jus going out and buying one. When small scale pvp occurs such as a fight over a grind spot (fish/undine) it is hard to "go into ninja mode" in open fights with 6 or so people. In TW it is easy to hide amongst the masses and take out venos same for any class. Is it really balance if because of one class u quit TW as u suggested? So u know Mosz wasnt lying each individual piece of my hh90 armour and my weapon is worth a phoenix or more yet i still die to them straight up. Especially the 9x ones that spend all their time running. Dont talk about wat u dont know la
    @Forp

There are two level 79 scarabs of the same thing, one is aoe and one is 1v1.
    The aoe skill is a fox form skill. Just putting it out there that there are very few
    fox form venos. And those numbers on bleed and poison look like pve to me.

Not to mention other classes also get level 79 skills......

You dont have to be a "fox form" veno to switch into fox form debuff amp and switch back, especially considering ur defense in fox form. Also yes other classes get 79 skills but do they get a 10 second immune to everything skillsb:shocked?
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
This discussion has been closed.