Phoenix Flesh Ream Issues

Options
Ellestor - Heavens Tear
Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
This isn't a technical problem but rather a coding issue and I'm sure everyone is noticing it. It has been brought to my attention that the Flesh Ream ability associated with the Baby Phoenix Boutique pet is in a state of considerable error. To the extent that many players are leaving the game itself completely due to certain factions (Triad) abusing this bug. Now it's understandable that a Boutique pet should be more powerful but when it can kill players of higher level then there's a problem and even the Game Masters should know it.

Balance needs to take place or the power needs to be removed completely. I'm sure given time you'll see that hundreds if not more players who ARE NOT Venomancers will stand up and voice themselves about this problem. Do the right thing and set the game back to how it should be, enjoyable for all.
Post edited by Ellestor - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• apostasy
    apostasy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm in a guild called Avengers and we have high levels getting beat by venos left and right with those stupid overpowered pets it's sickening that an honest guild that came in a TW and fought their hearts out for two hours ends up getting beat by cash shopping losers! It
  • Dr_BlackJack - Heavens Tear
    Dr_BlackJack - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i agree wit them now there is no much in to this game in to the venos is just sad like a lvl 51 veno beats a lvl 70+bm just wit that stupid pet when normally that does not happen i say take that bug out and make it fair for all its become less fun in tw for all that have to fight them like a guild made up of them this is my opppain so i do hope somethign is done about it if not i will try my best to still enjoy the game have a great day all
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with flesh ream, its easy to fix, they just don't do it because they'd have to make foxes not suck some other way after fixing it.

High level archers with decent gear can tank phoenixes easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Notice your own words, it takes a high level archer in extremely good equipment to even stand a chance against one. That alone says something needs to change.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Notice your misrepresentation of Ren's words. High level, but also refering to equal level phoenixes. Also "tank" is a lot better then your "stand a chance" reference, and to top if off she said "easy".

On a side note, if the people who complained about phoenix spent the same money/coins(as the phoenix costs) on thier own gear, they would fair much better.

ie) its pretty obvious someone who spent 25mil on thier gear is better then someone who spent 1mil
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The more you post the more you show you do not even know how to play your class Ren. I have been in tons of TWs, WITHOUT a bleed skill and I never had a problem killing anyone. Heck, I'd have my pet attack one person, I"d hit another with spells and kill them both. I do not have a phoenix nor do any of my pets have flesh ream. You simply suck at the class.

Plus there is the simple fact that the class is not meant to be a killer in pvp.....
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Latentkarma - Lost City
    Latentkarma - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's not a bug it's a feature. (years later) It's a bug not a feature (removes it) Oh wait.. this isn't EVE sorry my bad.

Honestly.. do you think this game would have these pets with this much power for this long.. if they were not meant to? Things are working as intended! (and yes, i've been on both ends of a phoenix...) For that much cash for ONE item, it SHOULD be so strong that everyone fears it. And ya'll knew long before it got here, that it was coming, and would be just as strong as it is on all the other versions of PWI, so there is no need to complain about it. The Devs made it this way, and have NOT attempted to change or nerf it in any way shape or form.. which means.. thats how they INTENDED it to be.

So... Your stuff.. My bank.. k thanks!

LK
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    apostasy wrote: »
    I'm in a guild called Avengers and we have high levels getting beat by venos left and right with those stupid overpowered pets it's sickening that an honest guild that came in a TW and fought their hearts out for two hours ends up getting beat by cash shopping losers! It

Strange that you lose but they are the losers?

Ironically you are able to play this game for free thanks to these 'cash shopping' losers.
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i have gear worth twice the cost of a pheonix, bleeds still hit 500+ 300+ from low nixs that is what 5 times more then my bleed? oh and stun woo stun bleed stun stun fun, flesh ream is bugged it hasnt been fixed for years
    heavy armor veno is the pvp build and stands a pretty good chance
    pets are bugged in general , why do knockbacks only work on pets and not people in pvp? its all tied together, pets do not have pvp enable/coded properly
    pet range is also fubar, the amount of kiting a veno with a pet can do is ridiculous, the pet can still attack a person while the veno is running away at 40-50 range

cash shops can be done right and wrong, microtransactions that dont **** the economy and provide huge advantages were the way of cashshops of long ago until it turned into a greedy market, which i have seen MUCH worse in some games
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It's not a bug it's a feature. (years later) It's a bug not a feature (removes it) Oh wait.. this isn't EVE sorry my bad.

Honestly.. do you think this game would have these pets with this much power for this long.. if they were not meant to? Things are working as intended! (and yes, i've been on both ends of a phoenix...) For that much cash for ONE item, it SHOULD be so strong that everyone fears it. And ya'll knew long before it got here, that it was coming, and would be just as strong as it is on all the other versions of PWI, so there is no need to complain about it. The Devs made it this way, and have NOT attempted to change or nerf it in any way shape or form.. which means.. thats how they INTENDED it to be.

So... Your stuff.. My bank.. k thanks!

LK

It has already been nerfed in the CN version.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It has already been nerfed in the CN version.
    Then it should take about 3 years for that fix to trickle down to PWI. Enjoy.

*edit* It's nice to know you have access to Chinese information.. mind sharing with everyone where you pulled that info from? I.E. Provide proof of your statement.

LK
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i have gear worth twice the cost of a pheonix, bleeds still hit 500+ 300+ from low nixs that is what 5 times more then my bleed? oh and stun woo stun bleed stun stun fun, flesh ream is bugged it hasnt been fixed for years
    heavy armor veno is the pvp build and stands a pretty good chance
    pets are bugged in general , why do knockbacks only work on pets and not people in pvp? its all tied together, pets do not have pvp enable/coded properly
    pet range is also fubar, the amount of kiting a veno with a pet can do is ridiculous, the pet can still attack a person while the veno is running away at 40-50 range

cash shops can be done right and wrong, microtransactions that dont **** the economy and provide huge advantages were the way of cashshops of long ago until it turned into a greedy market, which i have seen MUCH worse in some games

Oh I agree that teh skill damage is bugged, I was just adding that it would be more fair to compare having spent equal sums on coins to balance(a lot of the people complainign walk around in 1star gear and Q_Q about getting 1shot). (Also veno do spend coins to get armor and weapons too people >.> [lol though some dont I suppose])
  • Mystify - Lost City
    Mystify - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The more you post the more you show you do not even know how to play your class Ren. I have been in tons of TWs, WITHOUT a bleed skill and I never had a problem killing anyone. Heck, I'd have my pet attack one person, I"d hit another with spells and kill them both. I do not have a phoenix nor do any of my pets have flesh ream. You simply suck at the class.

Plus there is the simple fact that the class is not meant to be a killer in pvp.....

OMFG i wish all venoes in lost city were as "good" as u
    retired from archlord, rohan
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As I said, this is for players who've had experience with this issue to speak, not the Venomancers who bought phoenix trying to safeguard their pet. We know you love your pet and it's ridiculous advantages, this topic is for EVERYONE else to speak up. Frankly I don't care if you spent $200 on your mothers credit card for your pet and want it to stay overpowered, you are one class and the other players/classes deserve an equal chance regardless. To the Venomancers who are supporting this, more power to you and I wish you the best of luck.
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Tw is different because theres people around to hit other than jstu one person. I play a cleric and i can run in and shoot at people and not get hit. Theres more targets.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Tw is different because theres people around to hit other than jstu one person. I play a cleric and i can run in and shoot at people and not get hit. Theres more targets.

None of the other pvp even matters. Only TW does.

Edit: forgot to say, both players WERE on me. No one else was involved with those players at that moment.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Notice how a gm never replies to any of these types of post.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think Xarfox responded to one a long time ago. But I think he only said "We are currently looking into the situation."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As I said, this is for players who've had experience with this issue to speak, not the Venomancers who bought phoenix trying to safeguard their pet. We know you love your pet and it's ridiculous advantages, this topic is for EVERYONE else to speak up. Frankly I don't care if you spent $200 on your mothers credit card for your pet and want it to stay overpowered, you are one class and the other players/classes deserve an equal chance regardless. To the Venomancers who are supporting this, more power to you and I wish you the best of luck.

Please, how about I farmed COINS for my phoenix, you should try farming coins some time. Maybe you could buy better gear and not cry as much.b:kiss
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Frankly I don't care if you spent $200 on your mothers credit card for your pet and want it to stay overpowered, you are one class and the other players/classes deserve an equal chance regardless. To the Venomancers who are supporting this, more power to you and I wish you the best of luck.
    b:cry

First.... My mother is dead. Been dead for 20 years thank you very much (and yes I know you were not specifically making that statement to me, I point this out so you'll begin to LEARN that your misconceptions of who is playing this game might start to adjust more to reality).

Second.... I've yet to see anyone once show where a DEV or a GM said the skill is bugged. What I have seen is a bunch of whiners that can't adjust their tactics to a "new" threat (flesh ream has been around a long time.. whine whine some moar plox) whining about getting killed by a class they "used" to be able to kill even when that class was 20 lvls higher than them.

Your now getting killed by players with Veno's more your level and can't deal with it. Adjust your tactics. If your unable to adjust your tactics, then yes.. your going to die. over and over and over and over again. And eventually you'll whine - whine and quit. You won't be missed.

I have a 70 Veno.. Level 70 Blademasters and Barbarians ARE able to take me out in short order. They adjusted their tactics to fight against my Phoenix, and have done so successfully. I've had clerics take me out, even when i've gotten the jump on them because they adjusted their tactics to enable them to fight a veno with a Phoenix.

If your trying to fight 'same old same old" then yeah.. your gonna die... so Adjust. learn. Failure to adjust means death and you screaming in the forums about OMG how overpowered and terrible is this! I can't 1 shot veno's 20 lvls higher than me anymore if they see me coming! Whine Whine!

LK
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Notice your misrepresentation of Ren's words. High level, but also refering to equal level phoenixes. Also "tank" is a lot better then your "stand a chance" reference, and to top if off she said "easy".

On a side note, if the people who complained about phoenix spent the same money/coins(as the phoenix costs) on thier own gear, they would fair much better.

ie) its pretty obvious someone who spent 25mil on thier gear is better then someone who spent 1mil

Iv spent 25mil on my top alone. Its +6 with 4 immaculate hp stones. I still die in about 5 seconds to a veno with a phoenix my level. I barely ever get a shot off. A few times iv managed to hell spark and 1-2 shot the veno and died after from bleed. Your point is not valid as the same amount of money spent on gear does not make u equal to a veno ur levle with a phoenix. I can however kill lower level phoenix venos although i sometimes die along with them. No other class under 90 can kill me 1v1. Veno with a phoenix it happens.
    b:cry

First.... My mother is dead. Been dead for 20 years thank you very much (and yes I know you were not specifically making that statement to me, I point this out so you'll begin to LEARN that your misconceptions of who is playing this game might start to adjust more to reality).

Second.... I've yet to see anyone once show where a DEV or a GM said the skill is bugged. What I have seen is a bunch of whiners that can't adjust their tactics to a "new" threat (flesh ream has been around a long time.. whine whine some moar plox) whining about getting killed by a class they "used" to be able to kill even when that class was 20 lvls higher than them.

Your now getting killed by players with Veno's more your level and can't deal with it. Adjust your tactics. If your unable to adjust your tactics, then yes.. your going to die. over and over and over and over again. And eventually you'll whine - whine and quit. You won't be missed.

I have a 70 Veno.. Level 70 Blademasters and Barbarians ARE able to take me out in short order. They adjusted their tactics to fight against my Phoenix, and have done so successfully. I've had clerics take me out, even when i've gotten the jump on them because they adjusted their tactics to enable them to fight a veno with a Phoenix.

If your trying to fight 'same old same old" then yeah.. your gonna die... so Adjust. learn. Failure to adjust means death and you screaming in the forums about OMG how overpowered and terrible is this! I can't 1 shot veno's 20 lvls higher than me anymore if they see me coming! Whine Whine!

LK

Im talking out of experience and from a perspective of having spent quite a bit to have good gear. Venos with phoenix are overpowered purely and simply. Get to lv 90 hell get to lv 80 and get lv 5 flesh ream then u will see how overpowered u are. Also i notice u are commenting only on barbs and bms the heavy armor classes, enlighten me on how u fair against LA and robe classes?
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Iv spent 25mil on my top alone. Its +6 with 4 immaculate hp stones. I still die in about 5 seconds to a veno with a phoenix my level. I barely ever get a shot off. A few times iv managed to hell spark and 1-2 shot the veno and died after from bleed. Your point is not valid as the same amount of money spent on gear does not make u equal to a veno ur levle with a phoenix. I can however kill lower level phoenix venos although i sometimes die along with them. No other class under 90 can kill me 1v1. Veno with a phoenix it happens.

Fair enough, I've never been on the opposite end, and I havent even been on the giving end substantially. My post was more directed at the OP(who is level 43) assuming he's pvping similar level venos, he has a pretty biased view when hes probably using **** gear(and I think the money factor is more relevent in lower levels, then again at lower levels they'd need to use Zen, making his point stronger(unless an alt farmed it), so I guess I could have viewed this topic in the wrong direction). As I've stated I do agree fleshes dmg is bugged. Nice top btw b:nosebleed Thanks for your input. b:thanksb:shy
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Fair enough, I've never been on the opposite end, and I havent even been on the giving end substantially. My post was more directed at the OP(who is level 43) assuming he's pvping similar level venos, he has a pretty biased view when hes probably using **** gear(and I think the money factor is more relevent in lower levels, then again at lower levels they'd need to use Zen, making his point stronger(unless an alt farmed it), so I guess I could have viewed this topic in the wrong direction). As I've stated I do agree fleshes dmg is bugged. Nice top btw b:nosebleed Thanks for your input. b:thanksb:shy

Nice post and ya its smexy isnt it b:cute
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm not one to argue when I'm presented with facts lol. I was just giving my view how I saw things, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I like to be constructive and see all sides to an argument, and it just sounded like the OP was whining for the most part.(specially since theres nothing we can do to change it [ LOLOL PW fixing bugs?! b:embarrass ] )... and yes me, wanty your top. b:beatup
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Please, how about I farmed COINS for my phoenix, you should try farming coins some time. Maybe you could buy better gear and not cry as much.b:kiss

As others can probably tell you I most of the time have more money than I know what to do with so lets not make this about money less I have to crush you with my wallet.
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    apostasy wrote: »

lol Triad kicked ur **** didnt they?
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hm...there's a lot of biased things I can say but foremost, I'd like the venos to not bring up how much money they spent on the bird to justify the damage it does. My equipment is pretty decent for my level and the fact that a lower level nix can kill me in 3 ticks of bleed WITH AN HP CHARM ON doesn't support your justification. Let me spend 30M on a bow and if that bow can slice through pvp reduction, I'll call it even. Of course I'm saying this from an all-dex archer point of view. I sacrificed some HP to do an extra point or two of damage. Why venos should be allowed to be uber tanks or whatever build they want while their pets kill faster than I do is beyond me. It's pretty broken of them to be killing in less time than a wizard or archer given the same opportunies (money, build, etc.).

I think it's fair if the phoenix's bleed be fixed and the veno class' damage output be increased so their capabilities become more build based than pet based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As others can probably tell you I most of the time have more money than I know what to do with so lets not make this about money less I have to crush you with my wallet.

If you hadnt noticed, I'm one of the more rational poster in this thread. You are just being plain rude.
    Hm...there's a lot of biased things I can say but foremost, I'd like the venos to not bring up how much money they spent on the bird to justify the damage it does. My equipment is pretty decent for my level and the fact that a lower level nix can kill me in 3 ticks of bleed WITH AN HP CHARM ON doesn't support your justification. Let me spend 30M on a bow and if that bow can slice through pvp reduction, I'll call it even. Of course I'm saying this from an all-dex archer point of view. I sacrificed some HP to do an extra point or two of damage. Why venos should be allowed to be uber tanks or whatever build they want while their pets kill faster than I do is beyond me. It's pretty broken of them to be killing in less time than a wizard or archer given the same opportunies (money, build, etc.).

I think it's fair if the phoenix's bleed be fixed and the veno class' damage output be increased so their capabilities become more build based than pet based.

Wish people read everything before commenting. b:surrender
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What exactly must I not have read? And don't give me "this person already said _____." Of all the nix threads I've read the things I've heard in its favor can basically be summed up in: 1) LRN2PLAY, deal with it and suck less 2) QQ more, venos suck without it. Oh yea and 3) 20M+ gotta show for something. There's more than 3 posts between all those threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I still have to see phoenix. However, all my venos friends at my level just talk about getting one in the future.

It's like they are going to become gods when they do.
This discussion has been closed.