strongest MASSIVE DAMAGE DEALER IN the Game!!!!!

Comments

• BUYmeDUNKS - Heavens Tear
    BUYmeDUNKS - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lmfao i cant believe this thread got 4 pages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-Posted by Maiya - Lost City-
    Understand now, kids?
  • XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear
    XCloudStrife - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    In truth, this entire game is all a matter of personal preference.

Personally, I like the "Enough str and dex for weps and armor then dump all the points into vit." system. It works well for me.

As for the moron who started this thread though; first, learn english, no one wants to try and decipher your virtual chicken scratch; second, learn the game. You have obviously never played a BladeMaster past level two. At levels in the forties and above, BM gets incredible AoE skills which just physically pwn massive ****. Sure, Perdition(Or Armageddon, 'cause I think it sounds cooler) is a powerful skill, but it's, in many people's opinions, the ONLY useful damaging AoE Barb skill that's meant for anything but Aggro grabbing. It's only useful when you're soloing or when you have an insane amount of 'Tankliness' to keep your **** from dying and letting the cleric rest his/her poor fingers.

Anyway, again, it's all a matter of preference. It is a good idea NOT to go with this "All Strength Build" barbarian because of the numerous reasons above like: 'You'll never get invited to parties'. Wizards, Archers, BM all the best damage dealers. To be honest, even a well-built Cleric out damages a well-built barbarian. It's a matter of simple game mechanics. The amount of Phys. Attk. A barbarian gets from the STR stat is nominal in comparison to the BMs or the Mag.Atk of a Wizard.

Now, if you happen to be experienced enough at this game and want to give this build a go, then by all means, do as you please. And hope like holy hell that your guildmates love you enough to let you into the parties, because it's going to get REALLY lonely REALLY fast.

Therefore, this build is not recommended for new players simply because you'd get pwned REALLY fast. Barbarian is a difficult class to build in actuality. One out of balance stat and the entire Tank goes out the window. Drop a few too many points into dex in a non-Agility tank make and you're going to get obliterated by physical mobs very fast. Drop too many into HP and you're going to find yourself in the same situation...

Moral of the story, leave the Damage Dealing to the classes meant to do it. Seriously, you wouldn't ask a BladeMaster to be the party cleric, so don't have the barbarian become the party damage dealer, or the squishy veno will end up playing tank REALLY fast...
  • Magenko - Lost City
    Magenko - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You're such a noob.

Axe BM's are the best at AoE. They have 5 AoE's. Six if you count Stun AoE as one. And they are stronger than WB's.

lool dude at l8er lvl wb get over 30k hp do u think a bm can even get half of that hp...
  • argetlambr
    argetlambr Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    danm, maybe this build works, but anyway, i will not want a barb that need other barb to thank for me
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    HaTorah - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wouldn't a pure STR BM do the same base damage as a pure STR Barb using the same axes?

And if the BM has more AoE's, then wouldn't the BM be the "strongest massive damage AoE dealer?" Or at least stronger then the Barb?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wouldn't a pure STR BM do the same base damage as a pure STR Barb using the same axes?

And if the BM has more AoE's, then wouldn't the BM be the "strongest massive damage AoE dealer?" Or at least stronger then the Barb?

Hmm, no I don't think so. A pure Str BM will do more damage than a pure Str Barb.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Shinzoryo - Lost City
    Shinzoryo - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lool dude at l8er lvl wb get over 30k hp do u think a bm can even get half of that hp...

mind u show me the SS of the(your) 30K HP WB??
  • Terrorplex - Heavens Tear
    Terrorplex - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hi :d Xd :d Xd :d Xd
    b:shockedWARNING YOU MUST READ THIS!b:shocked
    The more you hate me the more I love you, the more you fight me the more frisky i get, you can not destroy someone u dont know cause that will make em nothing but if i know u and you know me then you know wat i know, that i would know and that you should know. So in the end u know nothing of wat u just read cause it doesnt matter right? or does it?
  • BubbaRay - Lost City
    BubbaRay - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You know, this idea of a pure str barb might not be that bad of an Idea. Sure, you are going against the whole reason for a barb's existence (to tank) and you will play hell trying to get into a party, but take into consideration how PK/PvP chars are designed.

PK/PvP chars commonly adds enough attributes to wear light armor and everything else goes into whatever attribute that gives them the most damage!

Archer: Enough STR to equip Light Armor and everything else into DEX.
    Wizard: Enough STR/DEX to equip Light Armor and everything else into MAG.
    Attack Cleric: Enough STR/DEX to equip Light Armor and everything else into MAG.

Why should a Barb be any different? Enough DEX to equip Light Armor and everything else into STR. Not to mention that the Barb's Defense bonuses are decent and come from adding str. So you don't really lose out much on defense compared to a standard (6 STR / 1 DEX / 3 VIT) Barb. Especially when you take into consideration the diminishing returns of Damage Reduction. But, why Light Armor and not Heavy Armor? For the Magic Resistances. Magic is the Barb's true weakness when it comes to Pk/PvP. What Pk/PvPer is going to expect a Barb to have Decent Physical Resistance and Decent Magical Resistances?

Oh, and your DEX is just about doubled compared to the posters design; thus, giving you twice as much accuracy and evasion. Throw Blood bath into the equation and watch your accuracy reach 3000+ at level 90+. So now your accuracy is extremely comparable to even an EA or BM's accuracy. And whala, no more problems missing your opponent. Only downfall is that you have to able to find them and reach them before they kill you.

But then again, there are MANY more experienced players out there then me and I'm sure at least one of them have tried this build. So, maybe we can get there input from here...
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Points do not distribute stats equally, it depends on your class. IOW, a blademaster that puts in one VIT will not get 17 HP like a barbarian, but instead 15.

To keep thing simplified, barbarians get more HP than the blademaster per point of VIT. They also get LESS accurracy and dodge per point of DEX. And finally, they get LESS phys atk per point of STR than a blademaster.

Pretty obvious, but what does this mean?

If you want to be a pure STR melee aoer with DEX+ equips, roll axe BLADEMASTER. You will get more bang for your buck. More stats for your points.

Not to mention, axe blademasters have more consistent aoes than barbarians anyways.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    1 point of dex for a barb increases accuracy by a mere 8 b:sad. A lot of dexterity on a barb wont help accuracy much. Yes light armour does have better magical def, but you loose out on a lot of phy def and about 70-90% of mobs in game at lower levels are physical (more magical mobs as you get higher level, yes).
    BUT
    99% of the magical mobs use physical attacks if you get close enough (and as a barb your are always gonna be in the mobs face).
    After 5-6 physical attacks the mob goes into casting the magical attack. With light armor you take less damage on the magical attack, but you take more damage on the 5 physical attacks you bore previously. End result, you're getting toasted.
    You have light armor so less phy def, less Str so even less phy def, loads of dex, which besides increasing the crit rate didn't do squat for you.

Light armor is useful against ranged magical attacks (and so good for archers) and against mobs that have only magical attacks (very few of those Ive seen so far). Better for a barb to have heavy armor always.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Xraiden - Lost City
    Xraiden - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    this thread = fail..

BM is the strongest aoe phy dmg dealer in-game dps-wise.

a low vit barb = epic loss. seriously, at least get a lil bit of vit. PK barbs are fun to play but as above posters said, you won't get into a party.

I have to disagree with some though, although barbs are meant to be a tank in theory, they can also be good 1v1 PKers. their single target skills are nice.

agree , barb's aoe delay is too slow. unless u hv 79 skills i guess.
    b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    moymoy wrote: »
    Did u guyz know that BARBS are the strongest Massive Damage Dealer???!!! as you guyz know i played this in the phillippines for a while.... and if u read my ohter threads i explained my characters there..... alright back to the topic.... a strong build of BARB who is massive damage dealer is pure STR!!!!!!!! in the skill tree u can see the skill of the humanoid barb that they hav like 4 or 5 AoE skills..... these are the most important fastest killing machine... this kind of barb kill monsters in one combo.... but theres a rule.... it requires a tank build BARB (which is white tiger form)!!! and a healer.... all u hav to do is wait for the tank to lure all the enemies then start stiking them with AoE Skills....... Remeber the STATS??? pure STR,,, u might not over pass the damage of BM!! but remember that ur faster than them when it comes to cleaning an area of massive MOBS!!!! and about the itemss,,,, ur equipment should be focused on dex!!! remember it focus on dex!!!!! u need dex for ur massive attack (so it will never miss!!!) and about the skills.... focus it on the massive AoE skills and the buffs for ur self ^_^ (take note*** dont put any a lot of beast king's inspiration..) u wont need it... ur party will buff u with it... and the other thing u need is blood bath... to give your self a lot of accuracy... in exchange of ur hp... don't worry about the hp... coz ur not tanking the mobs anywayz.... and the most important of all... put the shards about accuracy in the weapon.... and in the armor is the shard with +HP!!!! u dont need to worry bout ur DEFENCE..... coz this kind of build is only for AoE type of BARB!!!! in other words... this is Lazy+greedy=Massive Damage dealer Build........... Follow this build if u want to be a stong humanoid in the game... ^_^ pm me in the game if u have wuestion... the name is Eimsowsekse..............

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/paragraph b:bye
  • turonga
    turonga Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A barb was ment and designed for tanking but it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to be a tank.
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    ElMieda - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    turonga wrote: »
    A barb was ment and designed for tanking but it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to be a tank.

True, you don't have to be a tank, but barbs aren't good for anything else. So you will be pretty useless.
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    useless? a melee wizard is useless... a DD barb is probably subpar, but i dont think it will be that bad.
  • ISLEOFPEN - Heavens Tear
    ISLEOFPEN - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i don't know that you guys are talking about. i'm using this build and i'm rank 6th on heaventear pvp rank list.
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i dont really see the connection between the criticism on the build, and the fact that you are nr. 6 on the list. being a BM would have brought you just as far i guess
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ISLEOFPEN: i know how you got to number6, By trying to kill white-named lv60 archers doing zhen with his aoe up inside blue ball with charms. Fail much? Yes i saw. Truth is any dmg based barb would have been better rolling axe bm.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the comment earlier about personal preferance is dead on. i have a barb friend who is going the damage path not to out damage a bm or replace him but to do damage as a barb.
    truth be told equipt ment plays THE MAJORITY role in defence and attack after that it is buffs and then stats so far i noticed this when i looked at a bm who was 10 lvls higher than me and we had nearly the same def unbuffed however i still had 2k hp over him. my dp barb friend has less but close to the same def as me but like 1k less hp wich puts him over the bm. however base attack for my friend was the same as the bm.
    so his high str build increased his attack potential and hp on BASE LEVEL appear to be similar and better.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    and i would rather have a higher hp slightly lower dper than a squshy bm any day. the less the clerics have to res/heal him the more the can focus on me. also trading a barb with basic tank skills as aux dp and tank works better than a spare bm for additional mobs and runners as tanking is in barb's nature. keeps cleris alive kills mobs can even sacrafice life as main tank to save clerics in case of epic failure. much better than bm.
    but again his is still a play between str and vit not str dex
    and yes btw we do stay care bear pve totally except for fun duels to pass time or brag.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • weezyy
    weezyy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm new and I'm still downloading this game actually, but I'v played WoW :World of Warcraft: so i'm guessing its kinda like that ina way, but to the guy that made this topic has a point ina way, he's basically making a dps tank just like WoW. I'm sure you can still tank just not as good but they put out a hell of alot of damage. When I played WoW I was a Rogue, one of the most OPed chars in game, I beat most warrior tanks unless they were better geared than me and even then I still won, but rarely, anyways my friend was a tank and he went to dps he was still able to tank almost anything just a lil more healing and they level so much faster than a tank would.

Anyways thats my 2 cents like I said I'm new I don't know anything about this game just yet but I really want to learn it seems like a really cool game. my name will be weezyy.
  • Reeperofevil - Sanctuary
    Reeperofevil - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Let me tell you something moymoy...Barbarians DO NOT have 4 humanoid AoE's first of all, and second the only one that does massive damage is Armageddon which takes 2 sparks, half your MP/HP, and has a long cooldown. So if you want to go out and try that, be my guest. Come back and tell me how epicly you failed. Also BMs do not suck for doing AoE. Excuse my opinion, but you obviously know nothing about this game, or at least the Barbarian class. b:bye
  • AstigII - Sanctuary
    AstigII - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    you are a /~#@ing idiot!!!

Great your new you have no idea what is PWI! But yet you post a comment anyway. You played WOW for many years and got laid off from work so you ran out of money to pay WOW monthly and you heard about the PWI Free play which is almost similar to WOW. SO that’s great and welcome! But don’t make anymore stu pid comment when you have no clue what you are talking about. b:angry
    you are a /~#@ing idiot!!!

"Ageed" b:victory
    PNAS recruiting all pilipinos apply at: pnas.guildlaunch.com
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Anyone who plays barb as a DD is a complete idiot. Specially the OP and Ferenczy's friend. But we've already established that Ferenczy isn't that bright, so it's not amazing that he'd have idiots for friends.

Having said that though.. feel free to play a pure attack barb if you want. Just let your party know that you're a wannabe DD before you get wiped out by some halfassed boss, not after.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Did u guyz know that BARBS are the strongest Massive Damage Dealer???!!! as you guyz know i played this in the phillippines for a while.... and if u read my ohter threads i explained my characters there..... alright back to the topic.... a strong build of BARB who is massive damage dealer is pure STR!!!!!!!! in the skill tree u can see the skill of the humanoid barb that they hav like 4 or 5 AoE skills..... these are the most important fastest killing machine... this kind of barb kill monsters in one combo.... but theres a rule.... it requires a tank build BARB (which is white tiger form)!!! and a healer.... all u hav to do is wait for the tank to lure all the enemies then start stiking them with AoE Skills....... Remeber the STATS??? pure STR,,, u might not over pass the damage of BM!! but remember that ur faster than them when it comes to cleaning an area of massive MOBS!!!! and about the itemss,,,, ur equipment should be focused on dex!!! remember it focus on dex!!!!! u need dex for ur massive attack (so it will never miss!!!) and about the skills.... focus it on the massive AoE skills and the buffs for ur self ^_^ (take note*** dont put any a lot of beast king's inspiration..) u wont need it... ur party will buff u with it... and the other thing u need is blood bath... to give your self a lot of accuracy... in exchange of ur hp... don't worry about the hp... coz ur not tanking the mobs anywayz.... and the most important of all... put the shards about accuracy in the weapon.... and in the armor is the shard with +HP!!!! u dont need to worry bout ur DEFENCE..... coz this kind of build is only for AoE type of BARB!!!! in other words... this is Lazy+greedy=Massive Damage dealer Build........... Follow this build if u want to be a stong humanoid in the game... ^_^ pm me in the game if u have wuestion... the name is Eimsowsekse..............

This guy chats bubbles.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    Anyone who plays barb as a DD is a complete idiot. Specially the OP and Ferenczy's friend. But we've already established that Ferenczy isn't that bright, so it's not amazing that he'd have idiots for friends.

Having said that though.. feel free to play a pure attack barb if you want. Just let your party know that you're a wannabe DD before you get wiped out by some halfassed boss, not after.

hmmm i had some respect for you fuzzles, but alas it comes to an end. i am a PvP built Barb. i have over 10k hp in tiger with my DD equips. i can tank 2-3/3-1 just fine. idk what kinda half **** barbs youve come accross, but in PvP damage dealing barbs deal huge damage.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terrorfox - Lost City
    Terrorfox - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In truth, this entire game is all a matter of personal preference.

Personally, I like the "Enough str and dex for weps and armor then dump all the points into vit." system. It works well for me.

As for the moron who started this thread though; first, learn english, no one wants to try and decipher your virtual chicken scratch; second, learn the game. You have obviously never played a BladeMaster past level two. At levels in the forties and above, BM gets incredible AoE skills which just physically pwn massive ****. Sure, Perdition(Or Armageddon, 'cause I think it sounds cooler) is a powerful skill, but it's, in many people's opinions, the ONLY useful damaging AoE Barb skill that's meant for anything but Aggro grabbing. It's only useful when you're soloing or when you have an insane amount of 'Tankliness' to keep your **** from dying and letting the cleric rest his/her poor fingers.

Moral of the story, leave the Damage Dealing to the classes meant to do it. Seriously, you wouldn't ask a BladeMaster to be the party cleric, so don't have the barbarian become the party damage dealer, or the squishy veno will end up playing tank REALLY fast...

First, you are a jerk, english isnt the only language and just cause its the language you know doesnt mean its the superior language. this guy says he is from phillipenes and is trying his best to communicate.
    Also, if this build works in the phillipenes, why not here? Just cause most people dont use it doesnt mean it sucks. People from different countries generally have different thinking styles and strategies to try to be more accepting.
  • Gratora - Sanctuary
    Gratora - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ahh this is what old fashioned people do. tut tut. If any1 has watched developer diaries it says like this "untamed are race that are for players who love creating unique and innovative builds" well not word to word but still.

Barb is also said to rule at later lvls. and like starter said: tested in phillipenes. If it worked there, then why not here? u guys ever heard term :Battle tank?so what Terrorfox said before me: try to be more accepting or (personal note) GET IMAGINATION!!
    there are Full Attack Clerics that work just fine. Ooops. aren't clerics meant to be supports? Well good build and right skills and they can be formidable attackers. Only thing preventing them and damage dealer barbs from getting to parties is group of old-fashioned players with no imagination at all.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    coz "seriously" ur not helping those people who are trying to do this build...

im not sure anyone is based on the number of negative comments...b:surrender
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.