strongest MASSIVE DAMAGE DEALER IN the Game!!!!!

124»

Comments

• The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    one of my favorite past times is makeing ppl just sit there while i kill the boss. and make multiple passes at it because i have to have my pet bm do damage regardless of how many open slots there is.
    and nothing i like more than having a wiz stop doing damage to take care of a spawn or some other mistake.
    i suppose you have never had a mistake happen eh? never had some one in the party agro a mob by mistake. oh that is right you and your 6 ppl are 100% perfection sorry about that.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    oh that is right you and your 6 ppl are 100% perfection sorry about that.

Yep. Sure am. I'm infallible and perfect. Hell, I don't make typos - I invent new words!

And me, Jesus, Chuck Norris are besties.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol this thread is so fail.. barbs can DD, we can outdamage bms.

how?

before you flame me take into consideration:

our channel and cast time. we have the lowest channel/cast time of any class in the game. which means we can get in more attacks than any other class in a 10 second span. if you dont believe me ill show you on my barb...

this is mostly for PvP, but also works in PvE
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    lol this thread is so fail.. barbs can DD, we can outdamage bms.

how?

before you flame me take into consideration:

our channel and cast time. we have the lowest channel/cast time of any class in the game. which means we can get in more attacks than any other class in a 10 second span. if you dont believe me ill show you on my barb...

this is mostly for PvP, but also works in PvE

Wrong. It's all very well and good if you do nothing but look at the chan and cast times.. but you also gotta take into account other thing... like the cooldowns. Despite having longer casting times, the BM and barb skills have about the same cooldowns. So essentially they're gonna cast just as fast.

Besides.. you'd be better off saving your chi to spend on fury bursts if you really wanna optimise your damage. This basically means going easy on the chi skills.. which leaves BMs and barbs pretty much solidly equal in terms of skill spamming. You can only spam as fast as your cooldowns. And sword, polearm and claw/glove BMs have a huge advantage in this area over barbs. Faster attack means more chi.

You might appear to be correct on paper.. but in game you're totally wrong.
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If the guy wants to get one shot by a low lvl veno let him. We can all just point and laugh as our better builds kick his to the curb in and and all tasks imaginable.

Thread fails, that kid fails, let this thread die XD Tanks = tanking hits D: not pimp slap a monster with high str only to get mega slapped by a boss, die and get kicked out of the fb party because you epic fail. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol.. barbs own deal with it fuzzles
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • kingqueso
    kingqueso Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok so are barbs good at all? cuz im kinda new to game and i dnt wanna train barb high and learn they suck so r they good or wat?
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    lol.. barbs own deal with it fuzzles

They are the worst DDers in the game. Deal with it.

I can't imagine how anyone could even think about disputing that.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    kingqueso wrote: »
    ok so are barbs good at all? cuz im kinda new to game and i dnt wanna train barb high and learn they suck so r they good or wat?

Barbs are the best at:
    Tanking, pulling and keeping aggro, running around at high speed. We can survive almost anything (with a HP charm anyways). We never die and we keep others from dying.

Barbs are the worst at:
    Dealing damage. Every class will deal more damage than a barbarian.
    The exception to this is the skill perdition, which converts HP into damage, and our massive HP comes into play there. However this isn't a skill that can be cast continuously as it consumes 50% of your HP and MP and all of your chi.

We are without a doubt the most survivable class. Only possible exception is a veno with a hercules or some other tank type pet who manages to never draw aggro herself.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Carza - Lost City
    Carza - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    k thx

wat is aggro mean?
    im prolly gonna stick with barb =)
  • Baraiai - Sanctuary
    Baraiai - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    k thx

wat is aggro mean?
    im prolly gonna stick with barb =)

agro = monsters that are attacking back.

Holding agro = you keep its attention while the real damage dealers pwn the **** out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    moymoy wrote: »
    u guyz are making me laugh.... even though "BM's" have the higher damage,,,, they can still only kill one by one!!! BARBS are still faster at AoE killing when it comes to physical attack.... before u guyz even know,,, we already achieve these kind of build in phillippines,,, we compare every character at the game... BM's are the strongest damage dealer in the game.. (note*** only on single enemy!!!) and barbs are stronger when killing more enemies..!!! when buying equipments at these kind of build you should only buy HP shards!!!! for higher HP!!,,, coz u will be getting a pretty high Phys defence because of str..... Guyz!! please don't post another st***pid reply anymore,,, if ur trying to make urself sound smart then go post at someone else's advice,,, coz "seriously" ur not helping those people who are trying to do this build...
    I smell a fail troll...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u guyz are making me laugh.... even though "BM's" have the higher damage,,,, they can still only kill one by one!!!...

i'm going to save myself the wasted time of reading 10 more pages of this nonsense, and simply comment on this single sentence of yours.

this proves you know absolutely nothing of what you're talking about, as i've seen, with my own eyes, a blademaster gather a group of 4 (or more) scorpions, then lay out 3 of them with aoe's and he decided to do single attacks to kill the last one.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    geez don't you guys get it? barbs are made to deal decent damage they aren't the strongest damage dealers but that is why they have so much health. BMs are versitile they do alot of damage yes but they have lower health then the barbs as a balance. barbs have low accuracy and low evasion but that is becuase they have a fast health regeneration BMs have high accuracy and high evasion but they don't have fast regeneration. barbs have a few AoEs because of their ability to take on a lot of mobs at one time and still survive. BMs have lots of Aoes (especially for the axe BMs) but they get hurt alot quicker and they can be overwhelmed if they have to many mobs dealing damage to them. and there is a lot more things i could list. but there isn't a "better" class they are equal in the advantages and disadvantages.
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This has got to be the most CRAPtastic thread i have ever read. DD type barb=fail!
    Because our trade mark skill perdition(**** the spell check,u know what i'm talking about)
    uses that massive hp we have to produce a quite powerful attack,but still i'm sure if even a BM tried hard enuff he could still out damege that skill even. so.. whith that said there are three question for ye... are we good a dishing out massive damage? NO, are we good at taking hits and saving all the squishy's arses? YES.. and most imortantly .. WHY THE THE F%^K IS THIS TRHREAD STILL GETTING REPLIES??!!
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think the OP is wrong. However, I was squading with a barb the other day and I was surpriced how quickly he was killing those mobs.

He appeared to be a " bit below average BM". If he had been a BM I would not have been surpised. Pure STR? IDK

As many people say, you will not do your role in the game, and you will have a hard time when you are needed for what you are "expected" to do.
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes like Granrey says... you will not do ur role in game, and you will have a hard time when you are needed for wat you are expected to do(and should do)... but he for got one thing, at ur later lvls YOU WILL FAIL!.. so go for a pure STR barb but PLEASE use it for an alt and not ur main(or for PVP)
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes like Granrey says... you will not do ur role in game, and you will have a hard time when you are needed for wat you are expected to do(and should do)... but he for got one thing, at ur later lvls YOU WILL FAIL!.. so go for a pure STR barb but PLEASE use it for an alt and not ur main(or for PVP)

TBH. I had to reset my character just to play my role in the game.

I prefer a BM with high points on Mag for lot of MP for buffs with high recovery MP rate too. But since my character gets no other benefits for adding lot of mag. I decided to reset and change that and follow the guides (However, I moved more points from STR and VIT to DEX, just to personalize a bit)

I don't feel my character is as "mine" as it was before and a bit of a carbon copy of the others regular BM's. However, my character is close to what is supposed to be and does his role that allows to squad like I'm expected.

• Terrorplex - Heavens Tear
    Terrorplex - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    u guyz are making me laugh.... even though "BM's" have the higher damage,,,, they can still only kill one by one!!! BARBS are still faster at AoE killing when it comes to physical attack.... before u guyz even know,,, we already achieve these kind of build in phillippines,,, we compare every character at the game... BM's are the strongest damage dealer in the game.. (note*** only on single enemy!!!) and barbs are stronger when killing more enemies..!!! when buying equipments at these kind of build you should only buy HP shards!!!! for higher HP!!,,, coz u will be getting a pretty high Phys defence because of str..... Guyz!! please don't post another st***pid reply anymore,,, if ur trying to make urself sound smart then go post at someone else's advice,,, coz "seriously" ur not helping those people who are trying to do this build...

This is what i really hate seeing, dude dont post anything in this form cause u my friend fail and its doesnt matter if u come from the PH version it doesnt change a thing.

Ok u got them back words bm kill ppl in groups and barbs r better suited to taking on more then 1 person on him but can only take 1 down at a time. IF FOR SOME REASON U NEVER BEEN IN TW THEN DONT TALK!. I seen a group of ppl all being stun with the AOE stun skill and then all dieing with 2-4 hits by massive AOE skillz just from 1 AXE BM. Barbs have like 1-3 ( idk really) AOE skillz and BMs got way more than that even if they werent a Axe/Hammer BM. All i see Barbs do in TW is pull Catap. and try to help out the rest by trying to kill ppl.

BMs are one of the fastes class to lvl for the factor that they AOE grind, which a barb can not do. Some times it happens if u zhening with BMs, the Barbs wont really be atking they will just be pulling the mobs into groups so that the BMs can AOE them all.

SO DONT POST THINGS ON THE FORUMS THAT U DONT KOW ABOUT.b:angry
    b:shockedWARNING YOU MUST READ THIS!b:shocked
    The more you hate me the more I love you, the more you fight me the more frisky i get, you can not destroy someone u dont know cause that will make em nothing but if i know u and you know me then you know wat i know, that i would know and that you should know. So in the end u know nothing of wat u just read cause it doesnt matter right? or does it?
  • Wen - Harshlands
    Wen - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    y is this thread still up?

im a archer and never been out damaged by barbs(i can ks them easliyb:chuckle)

and probably wont change in the future

+what massive dd misses so much
    Archers~Kill before they touch you or you're gone...unless u cs ALOT!!b:shutup
    F those sins its a knife fight for your life, turn your swag right on, put on them claws..click clack next thing they gone.b:cute
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    y is this thread still up?

im a archer and never been out damaged by barbs(i can ks them easliyb:chuckle)

and probably wont change in the future

+what massive dd misses so much

wow...because when a lvl 36 archer dueled me in arch with updated skills he did only 334 damage on me.... but i almost killed him until he used mana pots and flew into the air and i had to chase him that way even though he had boutiqe(sp?) wings so i kind of couldn't catch up to him so he just layered me with skills....
    yet the lowest of level
  • Wen - Harshlands
    Wen - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wow...because when a lvl 36 archer dueled me in arch with updated skills he did only 334 damage on me.... but i almost killed him until he used mana pots and flew into the air and i had to chase him that way even though he had boutiqe(sp?) wings so i kind of couldn't catch up to him so he just layered me with skills....

he must of sucked and not used winged shell(or lvl it)

i never lose to barbs and will mayb if u hav beserker axes later and when ur hp gets to high(even than if i crit enough ull die)
    Archers~Kill before they touch you or you're gone...unless u cs ALOT!!b:shutup
    F those sins its a knife fight for your life, turn your swag right on, put on them claws..click clack next thing they gone.b:cute
  • Horseman - Sanctuary
    Horseman - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009

Im fairly new, so dont know how much your opposition would impact your ability to deal damage, but as a level 24 Archer, i hit for 400-800 depending on what attack i use, of course Archers lose half their attack when they are in melee combat (save for Lightning Strike and perhaps a couple of others i havent gotten to) but i think an Archer should be able to keep people at a bit of a distance via Frost Arrows and Knockback. So all in all i feel (though could be wrong) that your experience says more about that particular Archer (and possibly their build) than it does about Archers in general.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    u guyz are making me laugh....

i dont know why i can't stop coming to this thread every once in a while...
    BUT EVERY SINGLE TIME I READ THIS... oh my gosh... my god...!

who doesnt get mad when they read this line?!

"ooh, u guys make me laugh," jesus, u sound much smaller than ur trying to sound...
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • firefang11
    firefang11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    he must of sucked and not used winged shell(or lvl it)

i never lose to barbs and will mayb if u hav beserker axes later and when ur hp gets to high(even than if i crit enough ull die)

well thats the thing...he did use all of that he ran out of mana at one point and started using mana pots to recover it...i had 1200 hp at this point. but his regular attacks did 125 damage on me at most except when he got a crit of 293 damage
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    ^ thats me btw
    yet the lowest of level
  • Prof - Harshlands
    Prof - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    in real pvp, barbs don't lose to archers 1v1. simply as that.
  • Balanar - Lost City
    Balanar - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Thats right! We are trying to 'help' people 'not' do this build!

When i start the game as a barbarian ( level 1 ) My lvl 1 barb can probably pwn ur barb.... EPIC FAIL
    -Balanar
    Saisei
    Lost City
    <3
  • Balanar - Lost City
    Balanar - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sry Hazar, wrong quote
    -Balanar
    Saisei
    Lost City
    <3