For New Comers<3

Options

Comments

• roxxstar
    roxxstar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    my english is so..........im sorry-.-"....
  • Darimari - Sanctuary
    Darimari - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    b:sadOk u make this guide, i'm new here, but, u must say WHO IS THE GOODEST (U PREFER) CHARACTER(CLASS): -Blademaster -Wizard -Barbarian -Venomancer -Cleric elf -Archer elf
    b:angryb:shockedb:shocked
  • tallia
    tallia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    Wow you multitasking on 3 comps,hopefully? Otherwise i think its against the ToS.
    Nice job if multitasking :D

It's actually not possible to run multiple clients on the same machine as you have to run the client from the launcher program, and it won't connect if there is a client running already.
  • satyadev
    satyadev Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I am archer level 2 can someone tell me where to buy arrows .
  • mereklar
    mereklar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I am coming to this game from WoW and I have a few easy questions but havent been able to find the answers.
    Movement: Can you direct your character by holding down both mouse buttons? (Make your character run and look around plus change directions etc.)
    PVP: Can you attack while moving and jumping etc. Or do you have to just stand there toe to toe?
    Skills: In WoW we have talents I think here the equivalent is called Skills. If I develop my character with a certain set of skills and later decide I don’t really like the choices I made, is there a way to re-skill my character from the ground up or am I just stuck with my mistakes?
    Thanks for all of you help guys, I look forward to seeing you in game!
  • Maiwarena - Heavens Tear
    Maiwarena - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    mereklar wrote: »
    I am
    Movement: Can you direct your character by holding down both mouse buttons? (Make your character run and look around plus change directions etc.)
    PVP: Can you attack while moving and jumping etc. Or do you have to just stand there toe to toe?
    Skills: In WoW we have talents I think here the equivalent is called Skills. If I develop my character with a certain set of skills and later decide I don

1. yep you can but it probably won't be as smooth oh you can also double jump by pressing space bar and there is no penalty for dropping from high places b:pleased <hate horde camp in thousands ridge so high killed me 2 times out of 3 time climbing>
    2. you can attack when you jump i think but i'm not so sure
    but you definitely can't cast when jumping
    that being said always jump around
    3. you can take all skills eventually just it will cost alot the only things that will change the effect is the sage path or the demon path when you are high lv
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I am coming to this game from WoW and I have a few easy questions but havent been able to find the answers.

Skills: In WoW we have talents I think here the equivalent is called Skills. If I develop my character with a certain set of skills and later decide I don

Movement: You can click to move or use WASD and the camera control can be done while moving. I have not tried using both at the same time, just no real need for it.

PVP: You can attack standing still but you can attack once, run back, attack, run back. You can also attack while flying but it does less damage.

Skills: There is always a reset skill item in the boutique
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dinnetia - Heavens Tear
    Dinnetia - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
  • Mordran - Heavens Tear
    Mordran - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    noob question time!
    where do you get fashion items? do you buy them, make them or find them? got someone past lvl 10 and didn't see any new features for this.......
  • Fffx - Heavens Tear
    Fffx - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Just gotta say that this guide's an extremely helpful facility for newcomers, helped me get to grips with a lot of things that I probably would've spent a long time trying to work out otherwise. Thanks a bunch xx
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hello, i'm new here and I definately like your guide.I found it realy helpful.b:victory
    Well actualy i'm still downloading the patches right now.But i'll be giong in strong <3
    Yaii for Capitain Ambie b:chuckle
    I apologise if I have upset you by calling you Capitain Ambie.
  • phredphem
    phredphem Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thank you Capn Amber

YAY to you

Lotsa help Thanks muchly for FAQ

b:pleased b:pleasedb:thanksb:thanks
  • TsumiKitoaji - Lost City
    TsumiKitoaji - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Zomg 0-0
    Thankies, helped me lottses :D
    Phew, thank goodness this is stickied X3
  • Cute_Sharon - Lost City
    Cute_Sharon - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thanks. That helps a lot.
  • CloudKH - Heavens Tear
    CloudKH - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    this is good
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I only read the pros/cons of classes, but there are a few things in it that need some work, things like spelling and consistency.
    If it's a con that only veno's can be female, why isn't it a con that barbs can only be male?
    How come bm's are the only class that have flying slowly as a con, when mages fly no faster?
    All classes do less damage to ground enemies whilst in the air, not just archers, so how come it's an archer only con?
    And of course, a lot of the comments about low P.Def depend a lot on the build. A light armour cleric compared to a light armour archer or light armour bm is going to have similar defences, but I appreciate that you don't want to complicate things and instead deal with generalities.
  • amilya
    amilya Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I have been an avid wow player until they (meaning Blizzard) dmca'd most of the private servers making it pretty much impossible to play for free (and well lets face it the economy in the us is crashed, making most everyone poor) and the servers left are well...not very good. I ran across this today and it looks extremely fun and to me might even be better than wow, and thats saying alot! It was very helpful to get all this info, thank you very much! I look forward to playing!b:pleased
  • byrdtalon
    byrdtalon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    you know, i haven't even started this game (still downloading) and i was looking around for the best beginner's guide to start, and i believe i have found it right here! i am thoroghly intrigued by this game, all the abilities, the free flight, and the fact that u can carry others is simply heaven for a hopeless romantic like myself....:) thank you all very much and i hope to meet some of you in the game and come into good friendships with those that are firendly and willing to help out a noob like me XD. take care and best wishes.

soon to be: ign: Infernobyrd
  • mysticman4700
    mysticman4700 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    thanx this helped me verrrrry much
  • DutyArchster - Heavens Tear
    DutyArchster - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    satyadev wrote: »
    I am archer level 2 can someone tell me where to buy arrows .

I also am a level 2 archer.. and dont got any ammo left!
    Please can somebody help us!?
    I cant wear wolffan arrows to high lvl -.-' (lvl 3)

Thanks for the replay
  • Naeva - Sanctuary
    Naeva - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ambie wrote: »
    Able to harvest eggs at a higher level and sell to NPC.

Don't you only get 1 coin for the eggs at NPC?
  • sunflowermarr
    sunflowermarr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I am a lvl 11 cleric i have wings but for some reason i cant get them to work. Ive tried everything that some people have told me to do what am i doing wrong?
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Equip the wings then press Fly, it's in the Emote (press E) list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • andais
    andais Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Thanx so much for your guide I don't think I got the shovel thingy yet. Much more complicated than the other game I play. Also wanted to ask is there a mob guide out there for all the monsters and locations?
    Thanks,

The uber noob lol
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    andais, check http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi
    Has everything you need on monsters. Note that if they don't have a location, they're not ingame yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • ForlornSoul - Sanctuary
    ForlornSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I also am a level 2 archer.. and dont got any ammo left!
    Please can somebody help us!?
    I cant wear wolffan arrows to high lvl -.-' (lvl 3)

Thanks for the replay

the blacksmith sells arrows for all levels, select bows, then shot i believe, you should have highlighted items you can use, the typical ones i would guess would be the woven arrows at 2g each

be careful not to buy bolts, as they are for crossbows, and of course dont buy the shot for the slinghots
  • ForlornSoul - Sanctuary
    ForlornSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    andais wrote: »
    Thanx so much for your guide I don't think I got the shovel thingy yet. Much more complicated than the other game I play. Also wanted to ask is there a mob guide out there for all the monsters and locations?
    Thanks,

The uber noob lol

thats a pick i believe its called, it can be gotten from the merchant i believe, under (MISC)

i think , i am uber newb as well :P
  • kayvaan
    kayvaan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    what is the highest lvl u can be
  • Matter56 - Lost City
    Matter56 - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    LMAO nice newbie guide ambie.Didnt cover everything but u covered most.U need to put how they should destribute their skill points so they wont **** up and have to buy reset notes.And also to tell them wat kind of armor they should use for each class like:
    Barb:heavy plate
    Bm:heavy plate
    Archer:light armor
    Ep:light armor or arcane **** lmao
    and veno:arcane ****
    Well hope this helped u improve the guide and yes i know wat im talkin bout, played enough to know this stuff. >(^.^)< LMAO kitty =)
  • Cherylady - Sanctuary
    Cherylady - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    no way! alot of what you posted is new for me, so i read with open mouth...

Here's a dumb noob question (only started today)! SO: how do i leap? Ive asked ingame, but it's prolly such a stupid question that no one really bothers. lmao

b:chuckle