Comments

• suchda
    suchda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hi ambie, may i ask, what's a tanker?
  • Sindygoboom - Sanctuary
    Sindygoboom - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    A tank is the person whose job is to let all the monsters wail on him. You'll also hear it called "taking aggro" or "hate". This will usually fall to one of the melee/physical classes since they have high health, good defensive skills, and good armor. There are certain magic using creatures that are best suited for magic classes to tank due to their superior magic defense.

Tanking is a crucial role for most sucessful groups, since allowing the monsters to focus their attacks on one player that can "handle it" (help from a cleric is welcome, so long as they don't take the aggro away from the tank) because then the squishier people can focus on doing their jobs (wizards and clerics often fall into the category of "squishy", but again, not a hard and fast rule).
  • aran8
    aran8 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    thanks ambie i learned alotta stuff
    (>_<)
  • dooctor
    dooctor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    we lvl up fast in this game? b:question
  • agnaaarr
    agnaaarr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Amazing guide, Keep it up^.^
  • Vanburen - Heavens Tear
    Vanburen - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ohhh nice i like it
  • dubstack
    dubstack Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Awesome. Thanks. Best game I've ever played.. I usually switch games every month. And I've been playing since I was like.. 10. For 7 years, the most popular MMORPGS... Lol.
  • kurotanpopo
    kurotanpopo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    skill trainer. where can i find him?? i'm a venomancer... i started to play yesterday but i can't gain skills either for my pet or for myself... :( what am i doing wrong?
  • kurotanpopo
    kurotanpopo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Try playing Shaiya :) it's also very good... I'm fan of it ;DDD
  • liace
    liace Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hey i know this may sound weird but how do i start the game i mean I installed it and stuff but i didn't see something that says new game so where should I go?
  • liquidfusion
    liquidfusion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    For the past 2 days, I have been asking in Chat 30 times per each day, how do you do this quest. Where can I find the 10 badges of strength. I find it absolutely stunning that not one single human being responded to me. There are no directions on where to go, and how to find these 10 badges of strength. The help support in this game is the worst I have ever seen compared to WOW and GW. Why is it nobody out of the thousands of people can answer a question about a beginner quest ??????/ And the game itself does not give any instructions on where to find these badges whatsoever. The map is huge, and i find it just totally lame that there are no directions as to where to go to do this quest.
    I also have 3 colored arrows on my screen, pink, blue and green. And there are no instructions telling what the hell these arrows are for. Is this game that poor of quality, that they cannot afford to give information on the questions I have asked ? Because obviously, the people and the veterans of this game dont give a rats **** about helping a beginning. Im very disappointed in this game, and I will be deleting it and never playing it again. Absolutely pathetic.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    For the past 2 days, I have been asking in Chat 30 times per each day, how do you do this quest. Where can I find the 10 badges of strength. I find it absolutely stunning that not one single human being responded to me. There are no directions on where to go, and how to find these 10 badges of strength. The help support in this game is the worst I have ever seen compared to WOW and GW. Why is it nobody out of the thousands of people can answer a question about a beginner quest ??????/ And the game itself does not give any instructions on where to find these badges whatsoever. The map is huge, and i find it just totally lame that there are no directions as to where to go to do this quest.
    I also have 3 colored arrows on my screen, pink, blue and green. And there are no instructions telling what the hell these arrows are for. Is this game that poor of quality, that they cannot afford to give information on the questions I have asked ? Because obviously, the people and the veterans of this game dont give a rats **** about helping a beginning. Im very disappointed in this game, and I will be deleting it and never playing it again. Absolutely pathetic.

Its NOT a beginner quest. You can't complete the quest until you are level 60. The main reason no one answers you about it is because no one even knows about it either! My character is 67 and I still don't know much about it.

The colored arrows, you are the one that put them there so you should know what they do.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • kimikachan
    kimikachan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    thanx 4 the info i'll try 2 remember!
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Veno And ArcherS FTW!
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • lvl1337
    lvl1337 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I`m new on PW and this guide helps me to create a character! Thanks a lot!
  • Guldor - Heavens Tear
    Guldor - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Is it possible to change back!? I can't seem to find it...
  • drakemaster125
    drakemaster125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol oh ****, now u makeit look like the archer is bad ^^"' damage is low in air and is vulnerable (more) than it looks.....hmm, now it looks like the BW is "better".....:( sniff* i wanted to be a fast guy cuz my fav stat is speed in fighting games. sigh* well, not only that, i have to spend a lot for my elf archer, any tips for getting money fast? XD
  • flamman
    flamman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hi all im new here my gf made me join hope u all can help me when i get on on thiscool thing kisses flamman ps im a girl that likes both genders
  • Chayra - Sanctuary
    Chayra - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    great tutorial i just started playin last week and really enjoy this game, but i'm still confused when creating sockets for weapons and armor. who do i goto in the game to do this? and wat type of stones are required for the socketing? and last after the socket is made wat type of stones or gems, etc. do i put in the sockets? ur reply to this little dilemna would be greatly appreciated
    take care
  • markthelo
    markthelo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    how do i get an avita for my profile
  • *chitose* - Heavens Tear
    *chitose* - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Is it possible to change back!? I can't seem to find it...
    ^^ Yes, it is. just click the same skill, and you'll change back.
    lol oh ****, now u makeit look like the archer is bad ^^"' damage is low in air and is vulnerable (more) than it looks.....hmm, now it looks like the BW is "better".....:( sniff* i wanted to be a fast guy cuz my fav stat is speed in fighting games. sigh* well, not only that, i have to spend a lot for my elf archer, any tips for getting money fast? XD
    Archer's vulnerable alright, but they can push back mobs and be untouchable. *is very angry at the archer who pushes her BM back in a duel b:angry* I guess every class is spending a lot. The only way to get much money is: SET A SHOP! Collect Dragon Quests items then put up a shop. ^^ Or, you may also want to directly sell it to NPCs (b:sad b-but... you'll not that high of a price)
    great tutorial i just started playin last week and really enjoy this game, but i'm still confused when creating sockets for weapons and armor. who do i goto in the game to do this? and wat type of stones are required for the socketing? and last after the socket is made wat type of stones or gems, etc. do i put in the sockets? ur reply to this little dilemna would be greatly appreciated
    take care

Sockets cannot be created. You can only find items that already has sockets in them to embed soul stone. You can use any Soul Stones or Shards, each with their own respective boost, then go to the blacksmith. There, you can click one of the option to embed the socket to your weapon/armor.
    how do i get an avita for my profile
    You'll know how to from the tutorial by the Sticky in the Beginner's Guide about 'How to Change my '?' Portrait/Avatar"
  • arus140494
    arus140494 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Just call me 1 think who is the top of game and what his lvl ????
  • nickomi
    nickomi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Can anyone tell me how to catch my own pet? I'm VERY new to this game...actually new to the whole online gaming thing so I'm learning kinda slow.....pretty please with sugar on top! I'm a level 13 veno
  • opan
    opan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ive just loged on and i cant find where to go
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Sockets cannot be created. You can only find items that already has sockets in them to embed soul stone. You can use any Soul Stones or Shards, each with their own respective boost, then go to the blacksmith. There, you can click one of the option to embed the socket to your weapon/armor.

Actually it is possible to "create" sockets. But you need a cash shop item called socket stones. You go to the botique manager and create a socket. Max 2 for wep and 4 for armors. The number of socket stones required to make a socket depends on the level of the equipment and the number of sockets it already has.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • jack22
    jack22 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ty alot =p it would take forever for me 2 learn all this by myself
  • Paragonx - Sanctuary
    Paragonx - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for this guide it was helpful :).
  • fad77
    fad77 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wow thanx for the guide it'll help me out a hole lot once I finally get it running!

your the best!

ps. when you make your character, do you get to name them or do you use your nick name?
    If so than how do I change it?

Thanx!b:thanks
  • lilmann223
    lilmann223 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Nice guide, alot of people will appreciate it i sure did.
  • skittles323
    skittles323 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    yayy! guide! :D~
    tyvm~helps bunches!!!
    <3~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Noob <3~