Yay for Captain Amber! \o/
Good work!
Post edited by specter on

Comments

• ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    hehe thankies, thought I might as well roll down the basics and just a few things people should know hehe.
    <3
  • timioo
    timioo Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Looks good, nice work ambie :) this should help new players alot ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harvest of Chaos Marshal
    Nalle - 6X Wizard

-Lost City-
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Nice guide Ambie. Though you might want to fix the part about Barbarians "always asked to be tank" and change it to say: IS the Tank of the game.

No other class can tank like barbarians since they simply dont even have skills to get aggro and keep it.

Also you might want to add something about Aggro/Hate.

Aggro/Hate means simply who the monster is going to attack. Not sure about the numbers, but on normal skills it seems to be 1dmg=1hate

Barbarians have skills like ripping bite,bluster and devour to help keep aggro/hate. Not to forget that they have highest pdef and hp in game too.
    Devour generates greater hatred while reducing pdef,bluster sets the hatred to a set level and is an aoe-skill(Game doesnt tell numbers on this) but lvl3-4 on this keeps hate pretty well,even with rest of the party spamming skills.

And finally,ripping bite, the best skill barbarian tank has on tiger-form. Its just an attack with does your normal equip dmg, but the best part on it is,it gives bleed for 15secs. When you have this skill leveled high enough, all you need is one bite per monster and you should keep hate until it dies.

hmmm...this might go better to class-discussion :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    Nice guide Ambie. Though you might want to fix the part about Barbarians "always asked to be tank" and change it to say: IS the Tank of the game.

No other class can tank like barbarians since they simply dont even have skills to get aggro and keep it.

Also you might want to add something about Aggro/Hate.

Aggro/Hate means simply who the monster is going to attack. Not sure about the numbers, but on normal skills it seems to be 1dmg=1hate

Barbarians have skills like ripping bite,bluster and devour to help keep aggro/hate. Not to forget that they have highest pdef and hp in game too.
    Devour generates greater hatred while reducing pdef,bluster sets the hatred to a set level and is an aoe-skill(Game doesnt tell numbers on this) but lvl3-4 on this keeps hate pretty well,even with rest of the party spamming skills.

And finally,ripping bite, the best skill barbarian tank has on tiger-form. Its just an attack with does your normal equip dmg, but the best part on it is,it gives bleed for 15secs. When you have this skill leveled high enough, all you need is one bite per monster and you should keep hate until it dies.

hmmm...this might go better to class-discussion :)

Okie dokie >_<
    D: i just don't like being asked about being a tank (have a wb) D: but i'll change the part. there isnt really that many cons to wb.
  • thom
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ambie wrote: »
    Okie dokie >_<
    D: i just don't like being asked about being a tank (have a wb) D: but i'll change the part. there isnt really that many cons to wb.

Why do you play a WB if you dont like to tank? Thats what the class is designed to do :D

I found my WB one of the easiest classes to level, mainly because of the hp+def,i can go on and on before even potting.

Once magical attacks are getting more common on higher levels,just use amulet/neky or soulstones to fix the only weakness you have: Mdef.

WB's dmg is good enough too to solo easy.

hmmm, let me ask you, did you craft your equips or did you use storebought/drops only?

Because that makes a huge difference on any class on gameplay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I play as my own personal tank. D: I play 2 and sometimes three chars at once, Ep, Wf and wb, i get my wf to lure switch to wb take the agro spam heal with ep, go back to BB and then do a few more skills. xD
  • thom
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I play as my own personal tank. D: I play 2 and sometimes three chars at once, Ep, Wf and wb, i get my wf to lure switch to wb take the agro spam heal with ep, go back to BB and then do a few more skills. xD

Wow you multitasking on 3 comps,hopefully? Otherwise i think its against the ToS.
    Nice job if multitasking :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • sakon
    sakon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    makes me wnana play the game more :o
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Yup multi tasking to the extremes.
    xD I am my own party so I could only blame myself when things go wrong.
    I like to make things hard *shy face* wait that could be took out of context, i like to make things a bit more difficult is much more like it. *shy face*
  • thom
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Yup multi tasking to the extremes.
    xD I am my own party so I could only blame myself when things go wrong.
    I like to make things hard *shy face* wait that could be took out of context, i like to make things a bit more difficult is much more like it. *shy face*

Lol yeah that could have been misunderstood :D

Got two comps too but never bothered to party with myself :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • bunny
    bunny Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Cute guide. ^^ It's helpful!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • king
    king Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Yea, its simple and easy to absorb for newer players. Keep up the good work amb.;)
  • shadowwarrior
    shadowwarrior Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I suggest that this post be made a sticky so it is always at the top for new players.

Very well done Ambie, and cute too.

Shadowwarrior
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the guide, it's extremely helpful :) I couldn't really find anything like this while I was trying out the MY version of PW.
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Can someone elaborate on the Holy and Dark elements or whatever they are called. What is it and does it affect the game in some way?

BTW nice guide:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silentblade
    silentblade Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Nice guide.
  • thom
    edited July 2008
    Options
    sphinx wrote: »
    Can someone elaborate on the Holy and Dark elements or whatever they are called. What is it and does it affect the game in some way?

BTW nice guide:D

You choose at lvl89, i think it was, will you go to the path of hell or heaven. It will give additional bonuses to your skills.

Also you get a small devil/fairy flying around your head.

But atm its nothing to worry about,getting that high level takes some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Hi hi, I'm Captain Amber, there are some of you who haven't played this before so I'll give you the basics....

Thanks for such an extensive intro for our new players, Amber.

And no, you didn't waste your time writing it.

It is highly valued and very much appreciated.

- Orinj and the PW Team
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    This is a great guide for anyone wanting to know more about the game ^^

I'd add a CON to the Barbarian class though (unless it has changed in this version, which would be a nice surprise)
    - Low character customization

It doesn't affect gameplay, but it is an important resaon to why there is like 80% blademasters, and 20% Barbarians. I'm one of these people who won't play barbarian because I can't make it unique. (unless I spend way too much cash in fashion, but even then, the facial features will be the same). A great feature of this game is character customization and the possibility of creating a unique character, so I think it's unfortunate that this class has so few options...
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    You are now my female idol in this forum/game.
    *Stares blissfully with a glimpse of hope and happyness in my eyes*
    But is it true that some classes immediatley start with wings ? No pay needed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    winged elves have wings from lvl1 that drain 2MP/sec when used
    not a problem for clerics but a problem for archers
    also note that the flying mastery only affects these starter wings, not the ones bought from item mall / obtained from quests.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    And another thing, when this game makes it's official debut will it be 2.2GB like the other versions, or will it be smaller considering it has only just started?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • eattiger
    eattiger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    nice job very helpful thread:D
  • mellora
    mellora Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Adding my thanks, ambie, I found it very helpful

*Mellora gives Captain Amber 5 stars* :cool:
  • salamis
    salamis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    The Blademaster sounds a bit underpowered like the Barbarian is the way to go if you want a good tank. Should have some good hybrid builds though when the game gets underway. Thanks for the guide for us who has never played a release of Perfect World before.
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options

Thanks for the useful guide. I'm sure it'll help the newbies a lot!

- Roxy

(\(\
    ( ='.' )
    o(_ ") ")

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world

6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • caribbean
    caribbean Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Nice info;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Caribbean is a cold blooded reptilian like an amphibian.
  • ninjer
    ninjer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Very helpful guide. I'm glad I took the time to read it. x3
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    salamis wrote: »
    The Blademaster sounds a bit underpowered like the Barbarian is the way to go if you want a good tank. Should have some good hybrid builds though when the game gets underway.
    If you want a tank, yes the Blademaster is a bit underpowered. Barbarian's skills are screaming "I am THE tank". So if you want a tank, don't even hesitate and take a barbarian. Still, Blademaster can tank in many situations, but it's real speciality is to hit hard, not to tank. It won't as good at drawing aggression from mobs, especially groups, and won't have as much HP. However,damage dealt by blademaster is quite higher than barbarian. Blademaster is, I think, more customizable too in character progression. You can do an axe-wielding one, with AOE attacks and stuns, or a powerful dueller using swords, for example. You can even do an agility-based fighter using claws, or add some range to your attacks with spears. With a barbarian, you can't vary much from the tank build , and you'll only use axes and hammers, if I'm not mistaken (but you won't have as much stun skills as blademaster, and still not do as much damage).

These 2 characters are not meant to have the same role in party. You want an awesome tank, take a barbarian. You want a powerful melee damage dealer, take a blademaster
    . But you can still experiment a bit and look on some PW forums to find specific builds for those. I only outlined the basics.
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • lindove
    lindove Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Great information with lots of detail. Really appreciate your effort.
    Thankyou! I know what I'm going to play to start out with:)