Battle Pet Pack : the rip-off/scam

Options

Comments

• shaminy
    shaminy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    peregryn wrote: »
    *laughs* Where do you live? I agree with your point about $800 for a pet that as an in game product is not completely yours and can be removed from game completely at discretion of game operators is insane (and only slightly less so at $300). However car, vacation for a week (sunny place), or new pc .... nope sorry. Of the three the new PC is the only one you could get for under 800.
    Well, here in Finland u can buy all of those with the 600 euros that is. Ofc not new car, but still nice used car. 1 week vacation on Las Palmas costs around 500e, with with 300e u already get computer with 19" flat screen, with that 600e u get close to top end pc.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lol thanks! Goose went with my shadou cub named Duck.. get it... Duck, Duck, Goose! Hehe. But sadly I didnt like the frog compared to my kitten and needed the pet space so Goose had to find a new home *sniff* Duck actually might be finding a new home soon if Hercules does serve me well. I dunno if Ill have the space to really maintain a golem, cub, and hercules or If i really need 3 tanks. kinda want the armored bear now that im lvl 80 and still want the phoenix in the future.. We need more than 10 pet slots damnit!!!

Hey Cat, thank for the kowlin you gave me b:victory. I got both pet finally but for the short time I tested the phoenix, it stats seen broken, I have yet to bring her up to my level to test with other pet. Just a head up.

Hope PWI don't mess with the stats as in CN PW did.b:angry
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    doremi12 wrote: »
    I went and did a little research on CN version of PW.

They have pack with 1000 feathers @ 88G, so to own one phoenix, you need spend 800G. This 800G is RMB, if you translate to USD, is abt $120

Lots of chinese play who owned these pets complained that they nerf them couple months after the introduction.

To buy or not is up to you. For me, I wait and see.b:surrender

When you compare the average salary of Chinese and Americans, we get it way cheaper. Still, I could not imagine paying real life money for something that's pretty much still owned by others. I was so close to spend $20 bucks to get something in PWI. Luckily, my friend slapped me out of it b:laugh Those prices are still ridiculous!
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    When you compare the average salary of Chinese and Americans, we get it way cheaper. Still, I could not imagine paying real life money for something that's pretty much still owned by others. I was so close to spend $20 bucks to get something in PWI. Luckily, my friend slapped me out of it b:laugh Those prices are still ridiculous!

average American is 8k in credit card debt, hence we should get free gold
    please people keep following the average salary logic more :]
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    HAHA jeez someone said it best in world chat on Lost city.... Hmmmm new PS3 or a battle pet in PWI what a scam and a waste of cash good luck with that fellas.... hope they break PvP and get removed haha
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Aww... where are the upgrades to make the Blademaster and Barbarian stronger.. against those things. We should get be able to get a SUPER legendary twilight rare weapon then to slice those Pets up ^__^

Lol, PW please if you do give us this weapon to go against the pets, please dont make us get 9999 sword/axe fragments or something like that AHahaha.

Perfect World is no longer balanced.. the forces of class balance is gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Aww... where are the upgrades to make the Blademaster and Barbarian stronger.. against those things. We should get be able to get a SUPER legendary twilight rare weapon then to slice those Pets up ^__^

Lol, PW please if you do give us this weapon to go against the pets, please dont make us get 9999 sword/axe fragments or something like that AHahaha.

Perfect World is no longer balanced.. the forces of class balance is gone.

Yes because it was totally balanced before when Barbs and BMs could just run past our pets and beat the snot out of us, Archers could just stand still and one-three shot us, Clerics would alternate between kicking our asses and healing, and Wizards would pile on damage but *might* be taken down by the bleed skill thing, depending on hiero/pot usage. b:victory
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    HAHA jeez someone said it best in world chat on Lost city.... Hmmmm new PS3 or a battle pet in PWI what a scam and a waste of cash good luck with that fellas.... hope they break PvP and get removed haha

Even if they get removed, people who purchased it would get a refund in gold, so it's not like people wind up wasting money on an item that gets removed. They just get it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Class Balance? I'm lvl 47 and a level 40 Blademaster or Barbarian can easily take me out, wtf is that Balance your talking about? Oh yeah I forgot, that is Balance for YOU i.e. Ha Ha I can kill Venos that are higher lvl than me.

Arcane Armor wearing Veno's don't stand a ghost of a chance against you Blade wielding killers until now. Bypass our pet and go straight for us, and in 1-2 maybe 3 hits at tops we are dead, now.. it might be a bit more even.

Over Priced? yeah I think maybe a "little" but not terribly so. You can expect me to have one very soon, I look forward to the evening the odds. b:laugh

Halfway there now lol!

~Saitada
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Maiya just got the Phoenix! Congratulations and enjoy your pet! b:laugh

Be sure to come back and give us the details, eh? ;)
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • De_Caf - Heavens Tear
    De_Caf - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The Battle Pet tab is still empty in the boutique, so I'm wondering if:

1. The Battle Pet pack was misplaced.
    Yes it was misplaced, u'll find it in the gifts section of boutque, flashing icon saying New
    and mention to a previous post "did they think this thru, no they didnt obviously, they just had larger $$ show up in their eyes,
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Maiya just got the Phoenix! Congratulations and enjoy your pet! b:laugh

Be sure to come back and give us the details, eh? ;)

I'm also 6mil in debt. xDDD But no worries, I'm allowed to pay it off whenever.

I could actually care less if this thing gets nerfed. It's damn cute. o.o Sadly I haven't been able to do much with it. Been busy with my papers. Brought it out, fed it one Wild Ginseng (+200 loyalty) and stashed it back. ._.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/phoenix.jpg

Starts off with Pounce lvl 2, Blessing of the Pack lvl 5, and Claw lvl 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heaven - Heavens Tear
    Heaven - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    well congrats to everyone who has them so far D: i want to get one of them (or both) later (christmas = to much money spent already rofl)
    Doll [Inactive] Cleric & Heaven [Inactive] Veno

~ quit for a while :]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hey Cat, thank for the kowlin you gave me b:victory. I got both pet finally but for the short time I tested the phoenix, it stats seen broken, I have yet to bring her up to my level to test with other pet. Just a head up.

Hope PWI don't mess with the stats as in CN PW did.b:angry

hehe np Daji, you helped me when I tried to get mine, it was only fair to get you one too :D Thanks for the heads up, Ill probably find you ingame next week to see how the lvling goes and if it still seems broken.

I got my Herc to lvl 64 earlier then took him on some TT runs to test. It was really great, so I know his stats are fine. I should have him up to lvl 80 in 7 huors or so, See how it goes then lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm also 6mil in debt. xDDD But no worries, I'm allowed to pay it off whenever.

I could actually care less if this thing gets nerfed. It's damn cute. o.o Sadly I haven't been able to do much with it. Been busy with my papers. Brought it out, fed it one Wild Ginseng (+200 loyalty) and stashed it back. ._.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/phoenix.jpg

Starts off with Pounce lvl 2, Blessing of the Pack lvl 5, and Claw lvl 5.

(Looks at phoenix stat growth) HOLY ****!
  • sarahjane
    sarahjane Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Absolutely got to be the most expensive "Free" game i have EVER played & this just tops it all off I wasted about 8 gold before i eventually sat back & did the math & at the way it was going i would have had to spend my life savings to buy a VIRTUAL PET on a VIRTUAL GAME wtf ???? absolute rip off totally agree u bunch of greedy (Insert nasty word here).!!!

NOT AMUSED !!!!!

BTW i have already spent over $300 on this "Free" game & before ppl start bitching to me about the do's & don'ts etc etc just shut it ok! No matter how much pretty paint you put on this it's a damn rip off & the company should be ashamed of themselves young children will be pestering there parents (mum dad i want i want) & u are monopolising on this.
    Be Ashamed Be Very Ashamed!!!!

b:shocked
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Arcane Armor wearing Veno's don't stand a ghost of a chance against you Blade wielding killers until now. Bypass our pet and go straight for us, and in 1-2 maybe 3 hits at tops we are dead, now.. it might be a bit more even.

Maybe you shouldn't be wearing Arcane Armor then.... lol
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Maybe you shouldn't be wearing Arcane Armor then.... lol

Light Armour nerfs our PVE damage. Big time. It's the armour of choice for endgame PVP venos (or for those able to maintain two sets, in TW) but for the most of us, it's Arcane till levels 80-90!
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    sarahjane wrote: »
    Absolutely got to be the most expensive "Free" game i have EVER played & this just tops it all off I wasted about 8 gold before i eventually sat back & did the math & at the way it was going i would have had to spend my life savings to buy a VIRTUAL PET on a VIRTUAL GAME wtf ???? absolute rip off totally agree u bunch of greedy (Insert nasty word here).!!!

NOT AMUSED !!!!!

BTW i have already spent over $300 on this "Free" game & before ppl start bitching to me about the do's & don'ts etc etc just shut it ok! No matter how much pretty paint you put on this it's a damn rip off & the company should be ashamed of themselves young children will be pestering there parents (mum dad i want i want) & u are monopolising on this.
    Be Ashamed Be Very Ashamed!!!!

b:shocked

You DO realize Venos, despite the fact that them being rich is highly overrated, still have more money than average right? That being said, if they really wanted to work for it they could get it using in game gold like many other Venos here. If the game's a rip off, remember you don't have to pay a cent if you don't like. Don't give me **** about not being able to play without using charms or guardian angels or whatever. If you're not willing to put the time and effort into it, then don't. Go play a P2P game... and remember that if you stop paying you won't be able to play anymore.

$300? That's less than many, and far more than the average (I really hope). If you wanted to spend less money maybe put a bit of savings into buying Zen in $10 increments. That way it's cheaper than WoW and most P2P games, and that buys you a couple of charms and guardian angels. If that's not enough to get you through the month... something's wrong.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If that's not enough to get you through the month... something's wrong.

that parts totally wrong at high lvl seeing as you can go through that 10 bux in charms in <7 hours zenning, most barbs use 1-3 gold charms per tw, in TT a charm can burn through in a couple of runs, especially for barb and cleric , a good dew more runs for other classes,charms are priced too high and give not enough to be "micro transactions"
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    that parts totally wrong at high lvl seeing as you can go through that 10 bux in charms in <7 hours zenning, most barbs use 1-3 gold charms per tw, in TT a charm can burn through in a couple of runs, especially for barb and cleric , a good dew more runs for other classes,charms are priced too high and give not enough to be "micro transactions"

Apologies, I didn't realize you had absolutely no ability to level without doing zhen parties. Barbs that are in TW usually (or at least should) have access to some of that 10mil/land, and TT mats can be sold for a decent profit.

However, I do agree that charms could do with a good permanent price reduction.
  • giest
    giest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Some of your numbers are off guys. Statistically a box containing 10-50 sources/feathers will average 25 per box which would take four boxes to get 100 sources/feathers. On that idea, 1000 sources/feathers would take 40 boxes, which cost 20 gold, so 9999 of these items only cost 200$ on average and 400$ for both. They don't cost 800$ b:thanks

I think it dose not matter really how much you all complain about the price. The programmers and developers are more likely to change things in the game for those who spend money, not those who gripe about the price of pets. In conjunction with that thought, people who have 200-400$ to spend on these awesome pets probably don't care about the price. I am sure there are people who spent the money and do care, but lets not dive into exceptions =p the game admin are not going change stuff for 5% of their money makers.

They don't make this game for free people, I am not sure if you know how much electricity cost in California, but its quite expensive =p. Furthermore, can you blame them for free enterprise? For the exception of of a small amount of people the entire worlds populous would do the same if in a position to make money off of others.

Some people buy alchohol and illeagal substances, others buy tobacco, many buy new clothing every week, and some people buy game items. Really does it matter what you buy? In the end its all junk and you can't take it with you to the grave b:victory
  • frostbringer
    frostbringer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The higher the prices the better. I am serious, since this way we will hopefully not see too much of this f***ing uber pets. b:angry
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    giest wrote: »
    Some people buy alchohol and illeagal substances, others buy tobacco, many buy new clothing every week, and some people buy game items. Really does it matter what you buy? In the end its all junk and you can't take it with you to the grave b:victory

I agree whole heartedly with this and used to say it to people all the time. Even though I didnt spend real life money on this version( I do think about 90% of the CS on this version is WAY overpriced for me to want to buy them) and I can so far pay for the things I need with ingame cash, However I spent tons of money on the pw my version where the prices are more reasonable in the 9 months I played there. Would always crack me up people in guild would say things life I cant believe you spent money on a game! Thats so stupid I would never waste money on a game. Then 30 minutes later talk about the $100 tab they ran up drinking on Friday night..

Yeah its stupid I wasted money on virtual Items that I can use over and over and some are even permenant.. But is cool you spent $100 on **** and ****, considering thats what all that beer turns into lol. I think Ill take the virtual items tyvm b:laughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    giest wrote: »
    Some of your numbers are off guys. Statistically a box containing 10-50 sources/feathers will average 25 per box which would take four boxes to get 100 sources/feathers.

The average between 10-50 is 30, not 25...

And that would be true if all kind of boxes appears at the same rate. BUT...You get much more 10-20-30 boxes than 40 and 50 ones....

So the average you get per box is much lower than 30. It's closer to 20.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    the average really isnt that far off..

Average 30 per box: takes 333 boxes technically 334 cause 333 leaves you 9 short..
    Cost: 167 Zen

Average 20 per box: Takes 500 boxes
    Cost: 250 Zen

People I know who got the pets:

Myself: spent 176 Zen- 9 Over 30 average and 74 under 250 average
    Guildie: spent 154 Zen- 13 Under 30 average and 96 under 250 average

Ill ask some more people I know when they come back online their exact amounts as well. But as far as I have heard its been fitting in the 30 average pretty accurately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I think some people in here need to distinguish between Overpriced and Expensive.
    Overpriced : Sold for more than it's worth
    Expensive : High in price relative to the income of consumers
    If you are a low Veno who don't have the cash or coin to buy it then don't. If you are high level Veno you'd have to be a fool to be spending cash only on the pet. At least pour some in game coins into the pet. If you can afford the pet using purely ingame coins you can probably make back the money doing TT runs solo.
  • sarahjane
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You DO realize Venos, despite the fact that them being rich is highly overrated, still have more money than average right? That being said, if they really wanted to work for it they could get it using in game gold like many other Venos here. If the game's a rip off, remember you don't have to pay a cent if you don't like. Don't give me **** about not being able to play without using charms or guardian angels or whatever. If you're not willing to put the time and effort into it, then don't. Go play a P2P game... and remember that if you stop paying you won't be able to play anymore.

$300? That's less than many, and far more than the average (I really hope). If you wanted to spend less money maybe put a bit of savings into buying Zen in $10 increments. That way it's cheaper than WoW and most P2P games, and that buys you a couple of charms and guardian angels. If that's not enough to get you through the month... something's wrong.

And what has this got to do with the price structure? someone somewhere has to pay to get these items even if some use ingame money!!! wake up.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I am sure complain about Hay price will start really soon. Hay price is already above 6000+, I think we are going to see 12k+ soon.
  • sarahjane
    edited December 2008
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    I am sure complain about Hay price will start really soon. Hay price is already above 6000+, I think we are going to see 12k+ soon.

tbh ingame cash prices are not at issue here were talking about real money prices (and yes its zen/gold) but its still comes out of ppls banks.
This discussion has been closed.