for Gm's :jones Blessing ruin game and pvp

Options

Comments

• Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    And @Mieze, every guild knows this now, so everyone still has the same advantage by agressively recruiting DDs.

Can't really say about mages, but archers still aren't really needed in some guilds. The high lvl ones would get invited to zhen, but the high mid lvl ones aren't really needed until tw time.
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Can't really say about mages, but archers still aren't really needed in some guilds. The high lvl ones would get invited to zhen, but the high mid lvl ones aren't really needed until tw time.

Archers are by far more useful than mages in about every situation. Archers can just normal hit in HH and FB not to steal aggro from the WB. As a mage you would have to wait before recasting most of the time.

Anyways, let's stay on topic about the blessing.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    whine a while why dont you. shut up and play the FREE game. its a 30% boost TO ALL CHARACTER CLASSES. it evens out in the long run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Spoken to ironman ingame, QQ'ed to Xarfox via. PMs.... couldn't catch Orinj or i would have bribed him with cookies... This blessing this is totally evil. In PVP those level higher level ranged characters than the target keep **** the hiero too fast, this puts the melee characters on a handicap.

d**k heads like CrazyPolter had their ego jet set to a new level. Remove the blessing or remove the "safe zones" ON LOST CITY.

p.s. for those carebears from PVE... stfu and go grind.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Stupid RQ with stupid demands... If you were all that you claim you are, you wouldn't be asking this, right?
    You should rename your guild to DQ - Drama Queens.

Srsly.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Stupid RQ with stupid demands... You should rename your guild to DQ - Drama Queens.
    Removing the safezone would be a nice imo. you can't really talk s**t on WC or anywhere after that.
    especially people like you.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • egaenil
    egaenil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ah, the joys of server arguments derailing the original topic. Not that I'm gonna help much in fixing that. >.>

It amuses me here that you've essentially bullet-pointed most of the reasons I suspect people choose pve servers over pvp. Certainly are the reasons I did. Although the primary was is your 4th point: "You will find level 70-80's killing level 30-50's. (getting money out from their dropped equipment)"
    This is akin to a high schooler running into a playground to kick kindergartners because they think it makes them a badass. Who then usually hide inside the high school building when the older siblings come out to protect the younger.
    In my eyes, this is nothing more then griefing. I'm sure someone will defend the reasons for doing such things, but it doesn't make the analogy any less correct. It's still someone beating up people who cannot even hope to win with tactics and greater numbers. (And kindergartners can at least hope to win with either, really.)

But, I must say that it's honestly folly to believe everyone on a PVE server has no idea what it's like to be on a PVP. And not even because we've taken part in things like TW. I come from the Malaysian server - as do a great number of people I know on HT, and even more that I don't - which are PVP servers. Infact, they won't even entertain the idea of having the pvp toggle. I played there longer then PWI has been open, including the CB time. I've dealt with the whole list of situations you've bullet pointed numerous times. But, I simply do not find such things enjoyable. Not my play style. My enjoyment of PK comes with having a defined purpose and goal beyond just beating someone down. (Yes, I just prefer TDM, CTF, and other such style pvp modes over pure DM.) So I happily take part in Territory Wars. I've massacred, and been slaughtered by, innumerable people in the Dragon Palace. And I'll join any new pvp events that open.
    And, as I run around white-named at almost all times (I actually do it to beat up pillars in FBs for chi. Far too useful that.), I've even dealt with being jumped in zhen (AoE), nuked by friends while fighting bosses (albeit accidentally and without the intention to kill me. Not that they'd have beaten the cleric heals at the time even if they were trying), and randomly attacked by higher levels while mat-farming. These things still happen, even on HT, just not to the extent they can and likely do on LC.

Anyway, as for the primary topic of this thread: I'm personally still surprised Jones is still in. But it's kinda nice all the same. And I've honestly yet to see too much of an imbalance issue with it even in pvp (note the above situations, which have happened before and during the blessing being around). I've dealt with nuker and pvp mages (veno and wizards) without any more problem then normal. I've even fought an honest pvp built/loving archer the same level as me (and yes, he's good at it) while we both had one on, and I've still won all our bouts. I'm sure that'll change in time, but I highly doubt whether or not the blessing is worn at the time will have any bearing on the situation.

To be honest, the only time the blessing has caused any problems was in Twilight Temple when mine vanished, and the party I was with started doing more damage then I could apparently keep up with easily agro-wise. But that's Wizards for ya.

--Oh, and the Blessing does in fact add +30% - for the one who says it doesn't add the %. But it's a conditional % bonus. There's two opposing ratings: Attack and Defense. (I forget if they have a more specific name at present.) Neither of these are specifically Physical Attack/Defense, nor Magical Attack/Defense. It's an all encompassing factor. The Blessing adds +30 to that attack rating. For ever 1 that that Attack rating is over your target's Defense rating, you gain a +1%. No players have a defense rating above 0 (to my knowledge), and as far as many of us know, neither do any mobs. (I sorta suspect bosses may have this, but who knows, really. And if they do, hopefully that +30 is countering or at least lessening whatever bonus they may have.) So, in short, you're getting the full +30% against everything.

I do kinda wish there was an option between an attack or defense blessing though. Tanking better ftw! (at least for me). But it's not a big deal either way. And I honestly suspect that, though it has been in for some time longer then expect, Jones and his blessing will not be around forever. Just enjoy it while you can

b:shocked omg.. lao u wrote so much..LAO. LAO would be another person who's a hero. The stuff he's created over the years, I don't really read it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what topic I'm talking? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot.

so long... b:surrender i will be on ur side of the argument
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thanksgiving is quite close...and then Christmas...and then New Year's Day...and then Valentine's Day. Maybe the devs just decided to keep Jolly Old Jones around for all the holidays. :)

I don't think they'll do a thanksgiving event, since it's North American only particularly the USA....granted the servers and many/most players in this game are in the USA but all the other MMORPG's I've played didn't do a thanksgiving event....
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Stupid RQ with stupid demands... If you were all that you claim you are, you wouldn't be asking this, right?
    You should rename your guild to DQ - Drama Queens.

Srsly.

Spoilers: RQ didn't make this thread, lowbie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Dtone - Sanctuary
    Dtone - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Statistically, the only group of people suffering from the blessing is the High Level Lost City players, but everyone else... All Sanctuary Players, Low-Mid level Lost City Players, All Heaven's Tear players are benefitting from this. Ruining only one set of people. However, it's ruining only because you preferred to pick a server to be able to ruin each other and be at each other's throats.

So, the problem really isn't because of the Blessing, the problem is that you guys are at each other's throats.

You're being ruined from wanting to have the ability to ruin many others. Beautiful logic I'd think. You knew you'd take a huge risk entering the server itself and you consented it yourself, and now that risk has taken form and it's one of the best bonuses given to everyone else but a select bunch of people who actually chose to take this particular risk.

If anything, you guys had it coming for a long time, and now that it came you guys are complaining about it.

So, 8 out of 9 types are reaping the 30% exp/quest speedup (due to power) benefit while only 1 out of 9 types that risk ganking and and being ganked are complaining about other gankers.
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Seeing that no GM has currently spoken on this topic, I suppose that they're having problems removing it or want to keep it for some reason.

Either way, I appeal to the GM's to post a statement on this topic. Thank You.
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • dekciw
    edited November 2008
    Options
    whine a while why dont you. shut up and play the FREE game. its a 30% boost TO ALL CHARACTER CLASSES. it evens out in the long run.

No it's not, either your logic fails you or you simply didn't bother reading the topic or just both.

Take this example to understand better my point :

Let's say we increase everyone's money by 30%

1st Guy has has 1000 $
    The other one has 10 000$

Both get their money increased by 30%, sounds fair right? Well no because the 2nd guy gets a way bigger advantage out of it. Well that's the same problem we have with Mage&Archers vs others ( mainly WB & WR ) .... And that's just one thing that is really bad about the blessing.

Statistically, the only group of people suffering from the blessing is the High Level Lost City players, but everyone else... All Sanctuary Players, Low-Mid level Lost City Players, All Heaven's Tear players are benefitting from this. Ruining only one set of people. However, it's ruining only because you preferred to pick a server to be able to ruin each other and be at each other's throats.

So, the problem really isn't because of the Blessing, the problem is that you guys are at each other's throats.

You're being ruined from wanting to have the ability to ruin many others. Beautiful logic I'd think. You knew you'd take a huge risk entering the server itself and you consented it yourself, and now that risk has taken form and it's one of the best bonuses given to everyone else but a select bunch of people who actually chose to take this particular risk.

So, 8 out of 9 types are reaping the 30% exp/quest speedup (due to power) benefit while only 1 out of 9 types that risk ganking and and being ganked are complaining about other gankers.

It bothers me when people like you give their opinion on a topic and they don't even bother reading what people say about it. You just jumped on the occasion to make yourself look smart (Even tho the number of "ruins" you put in your post really "ruined" it) by telling us to "f off".

Speaking of beautiful logic, you just said it yourself the reason you like it is because it speeds up your leveling, well guess what we did most of it without it without much trouble and we want it to be taken out because it ruins every other aspect of the game. Stop being so selfish about your leveling and think about those who want to enjoy the game the way it's meant to be played.

I'll quote my own post just for you on some of the reasons why the blessing should be removed.

dekciw wrote: »
    There are tons of reasons why the blessing should be gone

- It was only supposed to be an Halloween Event
    - Kills the PvP Balance ( Nukers/Archers are overpowered with such a blessing)
    - TW is messed (No cata pullers can tank 30% more damage / people targeting them when focus fired)
    - The blessing is simply an attack one, for it to even be fair to begin with it would of required a defense one.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Dtone - Sanctuary
    Dtone - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    If I remember correctly, they clearly stated that they're keeping Jones around for the holidays. Considering he's Jolly Old Jones, possibly past Christmas.

That and what PvP balance was there in the first place? First there were many complaints that Clerics are difficult to kill, now they're easier. Without blessings, it'd be harder to fight Clerics, no?

TW isn't messed as it requires more focus and strategy now.

And now who wants something broken? Not only an attack one but a defensive one. Now you just want to make Clerics become powerhouses. I don't mind since I'm a Cleric myself, but adding a defense one might as well make Clerics specifically built for soloing be able to solo difficult bosses not meant to be solo'd.

That and I'm not sure what you mean by "meant to be played". If I'm not mistaken, a great portion of the game isn't even implemented yet, such as Tomes, other type of blessings, Aerotickets, Black Market, Material Merchant, so on, and so forth. Adding a Lv. 30 attack bonus is nothing compared to what we don't have. If anything, we're NOT playing the way it's supposed to be played because it is simply not available yet.
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ironically, the Blessing does have a benefit for those of us who are called Care Bears. We don't have to worry about being killed by people with that, now do we?

And after all, if you play in a dog eat dog world, you should expect to get chewed on from time to time.
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mieze - Lost City
    Mieze - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That and what PvP balance was there in the first place? First there were many complaints that Clerics are difficult to kill, now they're easier. Without blessings, it'd be harder to fight Clerics, no?

lol? clerics ever hard to kill? you really are a funny one clerics always die so fast and I'm talking without blessings. tbh with blessings they are HARDER because their skills 1 shot light - heavy classes with this damn blessing.

oh and about ruining? its called a PVP server. its not ruining if you chose to go to Lost city thats your own fault if you get pk'd. blessings just make it crazily unbalanced.

the only time these blessings are nice is when you are grinding, but no a mage can come along and 1 shot your whole party with the blessings then run away and hide in a safezone. Without the blessings they would be lucky to get a hiero tick >> and I don't normally complain about pk T_T
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

If you have ever done a tw before you would realize it is messed. To win you have to take down the enemies crystal. The only way you can do that is if u can keep your cata pullers alive. With the +30% dmg addon now all it takes is a bit of focus fire and that tank is dead. We cant strategize around that because there isnt a +30% dmg reduce item is there? Also I don't want them to introduce a dmg reduce item because most likely after the event they will find their way into the cash shop. So that means even more cost to the people who don't like dropping money on this game to stay competitive.
  • dekciw
    edited November 2008
    Options
    If I remember correctly, they clearly stated that they're keeping Jones around for the holidays. Considering he's Jolly Old Jones, possibly past Christmas.

And now who wants something broken? Not only an attack one but a defensive one. Now you just want to make Clerics become powerhouses. I don't mind since I'm a Cleric myself, but adding a defense one might as well make Clerics specifically built for soloing be able to solo difficult bosses not meant to be solo'd.

That and I'm not sure what you mean by "meant to be played". If I'm not mistaken, a great portion of the game isn't even implemented yet, such as Tomes, other type of blessings, Aerotickets, Black Market, Material Merchant, so on, and so forth. Adding a Lv. 30 attack bonus is nothing compared to what we don't have. If anything, we're NOT playing the way it's supposed to be played because it is simply not available yet.

There was some sort of balance yes, we were used to play that way and would like to keep it that way. Now it's all about if you are a Nuker or an Archer. Clerics were never hard to deal with they are good 1v1 but in mass pvp they hit the floor all the time.

You call a defense blessing broken but an attack one not? What kind of f'ing world do you live in? was logic every brought to you? The blessing makes Archers(archers already were but still) and Nukers PowerHouses... where is the damn difference? You just proved my point by trying to refute it.

Just an image for you pver's to see how broken it is : Would you like it if physical/magical ranged mobs would hit you for 30% more damage? Think about it.

Also I don't want them to introduce a dmg reduce item because most likely after the event they will find their way into the cash shop. So that means even more cost to the people who don't like dropping money on this game to stay competitive.

+1 to that, adding any sort of blessing to the CashShop like in the CN version I think? Would just make it impossible for people that don't invest RL money in the game to stay competitive. The best of both worlds would be to make them disabled for pvp I'm sure it's possible but it requires some work from the dev and are they willing to do it.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • dekciw
    edited November 2008
    Options
    bump.... would really like to have an input from one of the GM's on this.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Deity - Lost City
    Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    bump.... would really like to have an input from one of the GM's on this.

warmachine, you are taking things too serious ;o
  • dekciw
    edited November 2008
    Options
    warmachine, you are taking things too serious ;o

brb spending 3 grands on a game.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Deity - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    brb spending 3 grands on a game.

brb spending 36 hours straight grinding at fish

Do you honestly measure one's addiction on how much money he spent? Is the person with the Bugatti Veyron more of a automobile fanatic compared to someone with a heavily modded evo 8?
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The GMs are too busy siting back, reading and laughing at this topic discussion and the flame wars. Besides at the HT's kill the GM event I saw two or three other GMs there and one was laughing. ;P
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • dekciw
    edited November 2008
    Options
    brb spending 36 hours straight grinding at fish

Do you honestly measure one's addiction on how much money he spent? Is the person with the Bugatti Veyron more of a automobile fanatic compared to someone with a heavily modded evo 8?

brb taking a semester off to play a video game. Sad Panda.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Deity - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    brb taking a semester off to play a video game. Sad Panda.

was it your right eye or your left eye that saw me taking the semester off for PW? i said i am taking a semester off. Could it be that I started getting into the game AFTER i took the semester off?

Funny thing is, I'd still graduate younger than 98% of my peers albeit the little vacation.

Bad panda, bad b:chuckle
  • dekciw
    edited November 2008
    Options
    As you say...

any words from the GMs on the blessing?
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Deity - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    to whom it may concern,

whining will not bring the blessing away
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    this topic isnt for pvp server vs pve server or warmchine vs deity

amd honstly i dont expect 1 reply from GM because reading on chinese server forum its same..

gm's give us 1-2 more weeks of blessing free(so pve nublet get used/addict to it) afer it will be CS with defensive blessing who cant afford it will be screwed and all you newbie from pve server will be kicked out from game because you cant afford 5-10 dollars per week(or you would buy dolls and would play on pvp) only of blessing.Gap between rich and poor will be much more high(30% defence or offense is a lot)..i dont care i can afford defensive or offensive blessing,this topic was for help who cant afford this stupid and useless CS item.
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    raven wrote: »
    this topic isnt for pvp server vs pve server or warmchine vs deity

amd honstly i dont expect 1 reply from GM because reading on chinese server forum its same..

gm's give us 1-2 more weeks of blessing free(so pve nublet get used/addict to it) afer it will be CS with defensive blessing who cant afford it will be screwed and all you newbie from pve server will be kicked out from game because you cant afford 5-10 dollars per week(or you would buy dolls and would play on pvp) only of blessing.Gap between rich and poor will be much more high(30% defence or offense is a lot)..i dont care i can afford defensive or offensive blessing,this topic was for help who cant afford this stupid and useless CS item.

Every single person who has ever been confronted with the question of what they would do should these items be introduced in to the cash shop has said that they would quit the game. To effectively BUY stats is ridiculous. It will give the biggest advantage yet over non cash shop users - alienating a lot of people in the process. Adding these to CS would be a dumb move PWE...
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Lolz, to OP:
    Just think, you also get the extra 30%. And, if you want defensive blessings or whatever, are you going to come back later after you try it out and complain that you can't kill other people will def. bless. fast enough anymore? Pfft, and if you hate it so much, don't use it, lol. c: Just my POV.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Meanmean - Heavens Tear
    Meanmean - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thank you for proving my point that PvP is nothing but a drama/ego boosting fest. And I've seen you post about how you were on lost city so why would I go and think that's your only character?

Let me simplify what I said for you. You say I'm talking foolish noob talk, well don't you think this is sorta like the pot and kettle hm? Wait what am I saying? An ego boosting Lost **** player like you wouldn't understand.

You kill players, I kill monsters. You like to make a big deal out of that? Pretty sad. I love how you act like there's no PvP or drama whatsoever on our server. But then again whats so good about drama when there's enough of it in real life? I know your server is full of drama queens but I play this game to have fun, I don't care if I'm better than someone else or not.

Like I've told others before, I played a PvP based game called Rohan. It was full of whiners, ego boosters, and drama queens Lost **** is no different. Hence why I went to the PvE server where I play my way. You may get off to repeating quests because players PK you during them, but unlike you I hate wasting time.

b:chuckle You wrote this with alot of hate for us. Take a deep breathe and think a bit clearly. You wanna fight monsters and I wanna kill people right? The reason you say this is because you've given up on yourself as a pvper.

That's "sad". No... You're sad. You complain so much about how we have big ego boosters, whinners, and drama queens. But yet you forget to mention the pve whinners such as yourself.

You're taking my "Forum Comment" to the head. Calm down and continue killing those 1 shot creatures that mean no harm b:shutup

Bully XD.
This discussion has been closed.