for Gm's :jones Blessing ruin game and pvp

Options
raven
raven Posts: 241 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I'm angry for this jones blessing 30% extra damage..it was ok on halloween event as extra but its still up after 4 weeks and ruin game.

30% damage extra is a lot but help only damage dealer class for meele class is only a minor boost useless specialy in pvp and pk

upgrading armour is useless because also nub mage with 30% damage boost hit as with a weapon+12 bypassing every defence and mdefence

why Gms want nerf barbarian and warrior class?(fly tw +blessing -GG)

why jones blessing is still up?

why only attack blessing and not defensive blessing?
Post edited by raven on

Comments

• mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Agreed. We've been telling them since it went in that Jones Blessing ruins PVP and TW... I don't know what's going on with them, but I hope it's removed soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    But it is so nice for grinding mobs. Only basically the one character type spec'd for defense will not get a large bonus. Kinda like if you made a physical defense charm you will then get the characters spec'd to not take any hits saying its not fair. Everyone still gets a bonus.

This is your standard please nerf something because it affects PVP even if it make PVE better. If it is only a 30% increase over the huge reduction in pvp vs pve damage it should not be that big a issue if it is based on PVE damage then I suspect the made a math mistake and need to fix it.

This really sounds like waaah my character cannot use the bonus as much as other so please take it away from everyone. For TW both teams have it so its fair just may change tactics. For ganking sure the power may have shifted but people long complained that a tank spec was unkillable. When it comes to unfair PK style of play you will never get a agreement.
  • Seilen - Heavens Tear
    Seilen - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    raven wrote: »
    I'm angry for this jones blessing 30% extra damage..it was ok on halloween event as extra but its still up after 4 weeks and ruin game.

30% damage extra is a lot but help only damage dealer class for meele class is only a minor boost useless specialy in pvp and pk

upgrading armour is useless because also nub mage with 30% damage boost hit as with a weapon+12 bypassing every defence and mdefence

why Gms want nerf barbarian and warrior class?(fly tw +blessing -GG)

why jones blessing is still up?

why only attack blessing and not defensive blessing?
    What is ruining TW is not Blessing its flying, blessing actualy help defenders as they can kill atackers faster.

What you saying is noncense 30% boost in damage apply for anyone equaly (any class kill 30% faster maybe except pet kiling veno ((not sure if it apply for pet dmg too) and i dont realy feel sory for them as they are anyway easiest/fastest leveling class) and specialy for lower DPS clases as healing clerics and Tanks (faster kills less HP lost)
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What is ruining TW is not Blessing its flying, blessing actualy help defenders as they can kill atackers faster.

What you saying is noncense 30% boost in damage apply for anyone equaly (any class kill 30% faster maybe except pet kiling veno ((not sure if it apply for pet dmg too) and i dont realy feel sory for them as they are anyway easiest/fastest leveling class) and specialy for lower DPS clases as healing clerics and Tanks (faster kills less HP lost)

well you are from heavenpvetear no wonder you cant understand...

barbarian and wr damage is much lower than other DD class as cleric mage archer venomancer

if archer damage is 20000 and barbarian damage is 5000 its easy to understand(also for you that play a pve server) 30% damage of 20k(7k extra) is more high than 30% of 5k(1.5k)

this blessin only **** all build your char is strong only with pure damage stats

mage goes full int cleric full int archer full dex venomancer full int is pointless to use ibryd build because with pure damage and 30% off can ra-pe everyclass 1-2 hits at 90

all gears are obsolete is pointless to have +10 set when ur enemy can bypass ur defence doing full damage +2k hp cant save you .

i would like 1 reply from a GM why hell this blessing is still ingame
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Just enjoy the free boost while its there. People should stop making fusses over things that are given extra and free. <_< Its not like its permanent, they probably just forgot to take it out, or wanted to extend it since the last event was focused more on those who were rich and/or could buy gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yes, let's ruin the game for everyone because you can't get over a simple bonus to help us play in general. The item wasn't meant to help either side (PvE or PvP), it was just an added bonus that they were generous enough to give for us on Halloween.

Be happy you even got a bonus.
  • sebz
    sebz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It sounds like some of you had they a** **** one time too many!

As someone just said enjoy the freebie!
  • fluwerbas
    fluwerbas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This Item is awesome I mean I think it balances PVP instead of unbalancing it because with charm 10 sec cool down is nearly impossible to kill the tank classes 1v1(even2v1unless debuff and buff wipe or 2DD or more) in this game at end game. Due to them having high HP, DEF and the stupid short cool down of charms. Have you ever tried to fight a level 89+ BARBARIAN (with decent gear by your self)? nearly unkillable specially if you are a BM(20k+ HP hello? 10 sec to do 20k damage on highest DEF char? yeah right!!). The Venomancer's pet don't get this damage boost to so that makes the Venomancers (was said to be the most OP class of this game) get less out of this(which kinda of nerfs them compared to other classes which is good), which means it's making balance in this game PVP and PVE wise.
    Now wizards(considered only good for TW, or AoE damage dealing) are more wanted in BOSS hunt / FB/ HH since they deal more damage than before not unlike before Venomancer's pets and archers (because their 16%HP reduce debuff and DPS with high critical rates) dominated HH parties there was nearly no point on bringing wizards along) etc.
    Also don't act like if this item only favors damage dealer classes because it doesn't, it also gives a tremendous boost to BARBARIANS perdition skill(highest spike damage skill in game if u didn't know) and to all skills specially when u critical and berserk triggers at the same time that's 90% more damage than before right there something casting classes don't get.
    This item is just making high level PVP much more fun allowing other classes to get kills too not only the Archer's, Wizards and Venomancers like it was before what I think should be done though is like put a level cap in the Jones blessing item(lvl60+maybe) because yes at low level it is a bit OP because people don't got much refined armor or items thus lacking of HP and def (at low lvl) but that's not a big deal anyways since one gets through those levels fast and the change isn't that big.
    Also keep in mind that in december 1st we are getting a new patch which will change alot of things in the game, add new ones and increase the level cap so you never know(this item might have its actual purpose ).
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thanksgiving is quite close...and then Christmas...and then New Year's Day...and then Valentine's Day. Maybe the devs just decided to keep Jolly Old Jones around for all the holidays. :)
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Blksunrising - Lost City
    Blksunrising - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Guys on my jones blessing it only says +30...not 30%
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    its nice for zhen
    omg im posting stuff.
  • noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    quit complaining noobs and be happy that the GMs care about us so much to listen to us and respond to real problems with great timing. We love you GMs!!!
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I agree with Raven. This charm makes pvp unbalanced. Archers overpowered. Archers are already a broken class and yet they want to make them even more stronger? I asked a GM in Lost City and he/she told me it will be taken off soon enough, yet nothing has happened. For all you Heavenstear teaparty pve server: Don't comment on pvp, you have no idea what real pvp in this game is.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well I do kinda agree that the jones blessing is a little scary right now...
    An archer could almost one hit me now with the damage bonus.
    But I really enjoy the extra damage I get for PVE also.
    Its a blessing, and a curse all at the same time.

But based on watching my friend's TW, I honestly think the flying is killing the TW a lot more than the jone's blessing is. Oh and the hiding under the catapult thing too.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I agree with Raven. This charm makes pvp unbalanced. Archers overpowered. Archers are already a broken class and yet they want to make them even more stronger? I asked a GM in Lost City and he/she told me it will be taken off soon enough, yet nothing has happened. For all you Heavenstear teaparty pve server: Don't comment on pvp, you have no idea what real pvp in this game is.

Suck it up.
    PVP on any game is always a drama/ego boosting fest, the pvpers on this game are no different. *Kills players* "LOL I R SUPERIOR."

PvP is PvP on both servers be it optional or free. I see white names on HT everyday. Can we go around killing anyone we want? lol no. Mostly high levels go white name making them have to kill those near or a couple of levels above them. While you guys can kill anyone at 30 and above.

Please explain to me what "real" PvP is. That's if you can step down from your pedestal for a sec.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Suck it up.
    PVP on any game is always a drama/ego boosting fest, the pvpers on this game are no different. *Kills players* "LOL I R SUPERIOR."

PvP is PvP on both servers be it optional or free. I see white names on HT everyday. Can we go around killing anyone we want? lol no. Mostly high levels go white name making them have to kill those near or a couple of levels above them. While you guys can kill anyone at 30 and above.

Please explain to me what "real" PvP is. That's if you can step down from your pedestal for a sec.

The feeling that you could be ganked any minute while you're either
    1) Gathering materials
    2) Killing a boss

That doesn't happen much on HT, considering the fact you could just turn off pvp and start doing the quest. E.g. killing Jewelscalen and then having someone backstab you because they want to kill Jewel first.

That's what I think "real" PvP is. Not something you could decide to participate in whenever you want to.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    1) Gathering materials
    2) Killing a boss

That doesn't happen much on HT, considering the fact you could just turn off pvp and start doing the quest. E.g. killing Jewelscalen and then having someone backstab you because they want to kill Jewel first.

That's what I think "real" PvP is. Not something you could decide to participate in whenever you want to.

Wrong, you can't turn off PVP at will, you have to wait 10 hours to do so. So having a feeling you can be ganked any second is "real" PVP?

lol alright...so where does the skill come in at?
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Wrong, you can't turn off PVP at will, you have to wait 10 hours to do so. So having a feeling you can be ganked any second is "real" PVP?

lol alright...so where does the skill come in at?

Having to base your equipment, skills, and build around PvP, to be able to defend yourself or attack back. And knowing that a lot (most) of people around you have a PvP based build too.

You improve yourself getting better at PvP, whenever you're forced to participate into an PvP situation, like getting attacked by one or multiple players while you grind, do a boss, etc.

You won't find this on a PvE server.
  • Georgebush - Lost City
    Georgebush - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    sorry, but it seems like no one has farmed whole set lvl 90 HH armor yet, until you get those, your so call "pvp builds" are pointless.
    your so call "pvp" before 90 is also pointless as every class is quite broken and under developed before the real fun begins at 90.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So you will just skip PvP up to level 90 at a PvE server (to be safe of any PK before that), get the best equipment you can get, and start PvP'ing against people that has near to nothing experience about PvP because they choosed to not PvP (and/or keeps a PvE based build), and expect it to be the same as in a PvP server. Where a lot of people have PvP experience and builds, and know what they are doing.

You should train people that want to do boxing. I mean, skipping all the training and amateur fights, and going to the ring and challenge the heavy weight world champion, is the best advice they can get. Because that's where the fun and fame is, anything before that in simply pointless.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    1) Gathering materials
    2) Killing a boss

Well to me, "real" PvP is when you're about to fight an enemy of equal power who's actually prepared for you and knows that you're coming. You know, like.. as in sports? If you have played GvG in Guild Wars you know what I mean. I really don't mind people who like the PK substyle of PvP (personally, I find PK to be a very childish sort of PvP, but no offense intended to anyone who likes it). But I feel it laughable if people think they are more "skilled" or more "leet" because they open themselves up to potentially having to start a quest twice because somebody might stab them in the back under way. In most PK situations, the attacker exploits the element of surprise or favorable odds of other kind. I fail to see in what way this takes leet skillz to do, really.

Anyway, back on topic: I love my Jones Blessing!!! It makes grinding a few levels easier for a limited time and I can't see anything wrong with it. I guess even you PK types level your chars every now and then, no? But, some people really have to complain about everything, including good weather and free items,,,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Having to base your equipment, skills, and build around PvP, to be able to defend yourself or attack back. And knowing that a lot (most) of people around you have a PvP based build too.

You improve yourself getting better at PvP, whenever you're forced to participate into an PvP situation, like getting attacked by one or multiple players while you grind, do a boss, etc.

You won't find this on a PvE server.

Sure we won't.....b:laugh

Fact is, there is no "real" PVP, PVP is PVP that's all it is. Alot of PvPers just need to get their heads from out of their you know what. You turn PvP on the PvE server you have to go through the same thing a PvP player has to go through on LC.

How ganking became known as "real" PVP is beyond me. PvP= Players vs Players not Players vs Players vs Monsters.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    PvP and PvE servers:

Yes, both have the same classes and races.
    Yes, both have the same stats and skills.
    Yes, both have the same equipment and items.
    Yes, both have the same PvP avaiability.

Then, what makes an PvP server different from a PvE server? I mean, both can get the same, right?

The answer: The environment.

Yes, both have the same in game content, but they don't have the same people. There's a reason why different people choose to go to a PvP or to a PvE server.

At PvP server you will find people spamming drama at World Chat almost all the time, "omg! i own u n00b, u hid @ sf zne lolololol".
    You will find people learning all they can about PvP since they hit level 30.
    You will find guilds specialy interested in PKing people.
    You will find level 70-80's killing level 30-50's. (getting money out from their dropped equipment)
    You will find people willing to spend insane amounts of money just to become the best at their class or the best at the server in PvP.
    You will find a lot of people improving at PvP whenever they want to or not. The ones that do, are always testing, making, doing, new stuff just to beat their oponents.
    You will find people bringing friends or even their whole guild to bring you/your party down.
    Poor people having to deal against those rich ones with endless charms.
    You will find factions having KoS on you or your faction, and having to deal with them almost all the time you spend playing.

Doesn't matter what you do in a PvE server, you won't get the same result as an PvP server. A lot of people at the PvE server are not interested in PvPing, many of them will never be. You won't find people always willing to improve at PvP by in game money or real money just to become the best at it. You don't know how to deal with all the drama that you will find in your way up to level 89.

Yes, at the PvE server you can become good at PvP, and selected people will become too. But a great majority are not willing to be the best at it, or even participate and get skill before getting to the cap level. Yes, you can have a war and KoS against another faction, but you can just get white name, PvP a little, go to sleep, turn blue, grind, turn white again, and repeat. You're very limited to what your server can offer you.

Anyways, on topic.

Yes, I think the Blessing is generating an unbalance at PvP. More from certain classes than others, but it's still effecting it.

For PvE is good, I love it.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I understand what you're saying, but just because you guys have a different enviroment doesn't automatically grant you the right to be the only ones to have say on this whole Jolly Old Jones issue.

That's basically where me saying" PvP is PvP" stemmed from. And it all started running off into a completely different discussion as you can see.

I'll have to disagree with us being limited to what our server can offer. And how to deal with drama? Been there done that. (Rohan ftl).

I will leave it at this, didn't mean to de-rail the topic.....b:laugh
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i have no charm nd dueled a mage same lvl as me with charm.. nd i won.. doesnt matter if someone has a charm if you know how to use ur skill in a way to take someone else out then ull do fine (STUN FTW WOOT)
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Charms don't activate during duels.

Lyndura, your definition of PvP sounds more like insecurity and paranoia. You couldn't be more wrong about PvE servers, the ultimate goal of this game is to hold land, to do so it is inevitable that one must go into a PvP situation with other guilds contesting for land. A lot of people enjoy PvP, which is fighting with other players, but they may not like the idea of having others sneak up on you and attack you randomly or having unbeatable opponents hunting you for their own amusement. PvE servers have their fair share of PvP, but most of these take the form of Duels or GvG battles, not random street fights. There really is no such thing as a PvE build, as the bare minimum gear and skills are sufficient for fighting monsters, in the end everyone builds their character for survivability/damage/speed and disabling ability, which is the core of PvP anyway.
  • Starang - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Charms don't activate during duels.

Lyndura, your definition of PvP sounds more like insecurity and paranoia. You couldn't be more wrong about PvE servers, the ultimate goal of this game is to hold land, to do so it is inevitable that one must go into a PvP situation with other guilds contesting for land. A lot of people enjoy PvP, which is fighting with other players, but they may not like the idea of having others sneak up on you and attack you randomly or having unbeatable opponents hunting you for their own amusement. PvE servers have their fair share of PvP, but most of these take the form of Duels or GvG battles, not random street fights. There really is no such thing as a PvE build, as the bare minimum gear and skills are sufficient for fighting monsters, in the end everyone builds their character for survivability/damage/speed and disabling ability, which is the core of PvP anyway.

Insecurity and paranoia? Dude come test Lost City and you will see what we are talking about. Lynduras post couldnt be more right.

About PvE builds: Yes, there is PvE builds. Example a cleric with full INT, a venomancer with full INT etc etc. People take VIT for PvP to survive better with more HP. Classes with pure INT or pure DEX tend to be 1 shot builds.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I never said anything about her being wrong about the PvP servers. I'm just saying that her idea of PvP sounds more like being paranoid and insecure all the time rather than just figthing with other players. Also you'd find that later on Pure Int and Vit becomes pretty hard unless slotted with many HP shards, or else handling AoE bosses would be impossible and just general grinding would be hard as death could result in very few hits. Every stat has it's ups and downs, there is no such thing as a definitive PvP build as going Vit would sacrifice Damage and Defence while going Mag or Str will sacrifice HP. Pure builds work in PvP situations as well, prehaps it makes it harder to survive a sneak attack but in a face to face fight it has its advantages. Just because you are on a PvP server and you need HP to survive random people coming down on you and attacking you, it doesn't make those builds "PvP" builds.
  • Starang - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I never said anything about her being wrong about the PvP servers. I'm just saying that her idea of PvP sounds more like being paranoid and insecure all the time rather than just figthing with other players. Also you'd find that later on Pure Int and Vit becomes pretty hard unless slotted with many HP shards, or else handling AoE bosses would be impossible and just general grinding would be hard as death could result in very few hits. Every stat has it's ups and downs, there is no such thing as a definitive PvP build as going Vit would sacrifice Damage and Defence while going Mag or Str will sacrifice HP. Pure builds work in PvP situations as well, prehaps it makes it harder to survive a sneak attack but in a face to face fight it has its advantages. Just because you are on a PvP server and you need HP to survive random people coming down on you and attacking you, it doesn't make those builds "PvP" builds.

So what exactly would you name them then? Random builds? Guess again. Like I said, come test Lost City, after that you can actually have an opinion on this.

Everyone who actually knows how to play this game, slots his equipment with HP stones. Who are you to talk? As far as I see, youre lower level than I am.
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It seems PvP players cannot refrain from being haughty and contemptuous when not downright insulting. That's a good thing the servers are separated, that way they stick to their (un)kind and I can enjoy my game without having to mix with such disagreeable types in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.