TW & Flying (unannounced patch changes)

Comments

• lilly90
    lilly90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    for archers its not stupid ,,thats exactly my point,,they are the only class now that can attack efficiently from air with that 30% item and their critical ,,, which is very unfair to mages because it's not as easy for us to kill warriors for example like that,,and how about that scenario since you love to make out scenarios out of your imagination
    4 cata pullers
    76 flying archers basically **** everything in sight from air b:chuckle
    Edit:he'll never understand it..honestly i'm not sure why,,,you should be the open minded person here not me ,,BECAUSE i been in a flying tw, and it sucks ,both sides admitted it ,,
    about your cute rules for everyone
    barbs- no comment on that one
    BM-how they going to defend from flying archers? or when they try and go stun a group of mages the mages just fly ?:) would you explain to me how a wr can do his\her job ?did you ever try to pk with a BM?if the person is weaker he\she will just fly and goodluck catching them
    EP- it's an advantage to them in case you didn't notice, so that's +1 for eps and +1 for eas
    Ea- no need to say anything,,they basically rule tw now
    WF-might as well add **** people with bleed bug
    p.s you forgot mages :P
    and i do know the game well,, incase you dont know ,,let me enlighten you , there are CERTAIN spots that you can jump to Walls from it ,, by putting BMs in these spots ,goodluck on jumping walls sweety :) walls are there to protect the base vs catas AND people rushing from everywhere because it'll be chaos and very distracting
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Change it back to normal or make the towers have a range of shooting players across the map. Oh wait, that's even worse dont do it. Seriously though, bring back the old TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lilly90 wrote: »
    well , first call me wrathy please :)second, you need to participate more then ,, just because you have cool skills that you use vs 1 person on air doesn't mean that that's what you should do in tw, you should see warriors in tw dashing and choking gates stunning over 15+ people and doing couple of aoes then leaping back while dds finish the job, have you ever seen 2 teams holding off a guild? that's the power of warrior , and air mobs don't drop, leap back wards, nuke the heck out of you and kill you BEFORE you reach them b:chuckle so please please don't compare tw to fighting air mobs.,,,look in the dam title of the topic >.<
    TW & Flying (unannounced patch changes) , here , look again
    and if you are talking about the maly version then you are a liar, because 1 guild dominates each server, so defend is even harder if any guild gets attacked by these major guilds,,,
    edits:if you can fly in tw, why you think they made walls?
    i'm sick of defending BMs while it's in my advantage to fly , sure i can be sniped by archers ,,but hey :) no BM can rush stun me now :D ,,you guys will see next tws how "good" the flying "thing" is for bm-barb :)

Ok, Wrathy it is. b:victory

And actually, I one of the servers I was referring to was the PW-MY, Delphi actually. And yes, fully aware that Immortal dominates there (and not without quite a bit of contraversy I might add). But, before the fall of Espada, and the departure of many of the Legacy group (not the originals, the ones after Helios bought the guild leader account and merged and then left after Game Masters got involved in a TW and sided with Immortal), it was a tough nut to crack if someone wanted to go full defend. Currently, thats the strategy some of the few remaining "lil land owning guilds" use to keep one or two lands. They simple concede that they can't beat Immortal by attacking, so they just all protect the crystal and hope time runs out and there are some hps left on it.

Never been in there with any of them, I'll admit that, but just the image of 80 people cowering around in a huddle trying to outlast a fierce storm kinda makes me chuckle.

Hey, I might be completely wrong, and those I brought the subject up with, might not like it even though they think it would give them a fighting chance. I was more curious about how it actually affected PvP in the TW versus mobs.

I do thank you for your explanations! Honestly, no sarcasm. I am intrigued by the whole concept of TW, but I fear the comps my family uses wouldn't be able to process all the graphics effectively enough. So, I will live vicariously through the stories of others I suppose! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    for archers its not stupid ,,thats exactly my point,,they are the only class now that can attack efficiently from air with that 30% item and their critical ,,, which is very unfair to mages because it's not as easy for us to kill warriors for example like that,,and how about that scenario since you love to make out scenarios out of your imagination
    4 cata pullers
    76 flying archers basically **** everything in sight from air b:chuckle
    Edit:he'll never understand it..honestly i'm not sure why,,,you should be the open minded person here not me ,,BECAUSE i been in a flying tw, and it sucks ,both sides admitted it ,,
    about your cute rules for everyone
    barbs- no comment on that one
    BM-how they going to defend from flying archers? or when they try and go stun a group of mages the mages just fly ?:) would you explain to me how a wr can do his\her job ?did you ever try to pk with a BM?if the person is weaker he\she will just fly and goodluck catching them
    EP- it's an advantage to them in case you didn't notice, so that's +1 for eps and +1 for eas
    Ea- no need to say anything,,they basically rule tw now
    WF-might as well add **** people with bleed bug
    p.s you forgot mages :P
    and i do know the game well,, incase you dont know ,,let me enlighten you , there are CERTAIN spots that you can jump to Walls from it ,, by putting BMs in these spots ,goodluck on jumping walls sweety :) walls are there to protect the base vs catas AND people rushing from everywhere because it'll be chaos and very distracting

Post like this shows you never think out of the box. 4 pulling barbs + 76 archers will die so quickly vs 20 pulling barb + 50 archers GROUND + 10 priests GROUND.

All of your flying archers will die so easily since the ground archers can hit you twice as much.
    The only key to flying is to avoid being mass stunned by warriors. If your team does not consist of warriors, then there is absolutely no reason for my team to fly.

At least you realize that the walls are there to stop the CATA (NOT PLAYERS) from coming from all directions. The distraction from players sneaking through (stealth) or coming from behind or the side (flanks) IS WHAT STRATEGIES are all about.
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    @ Twil :P thanks :) tw was really fun for warriors :D they were like the kamikaze of tw lol , i really hope you have fun with the new flying tw thingy,,
    @utlima,, you talk about thinking outside of the box, I WAS IN THE DAM FLYING WAR, you werent , so i dont even need to imagine Because i S E E N it , your the one that needs to see it :) , and 76 flying archers will **** anyone on the ground , you failed big time :P from ground to air is still half damage hun, and from air to ground is Still half damage, from water to air and from water to ground is half damage :) .. you DID NOT see the flying tw so please dont talk about dodging stun,,hun all the archers were flying lol
    -i do agree with the walls part, but you have to admit, flying over the walls just like that still kinda ruins it, jumping was OK , just 3 BMs at the 3 spots and it was dealt with and fun as always :D but flying?seriously..
    edit: how come there is 20 pulling barbs?you do realize that in tier 3 lands only 4 catas are allowed ?
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ultima999 wrote: »
    Post like this shows you never think out of the box. 4 pulling barbs + 76 archers will die so quickly vs 20 pulling barb + 50 archers GROUND + 10 priests GROUND.

All of your flying archers will die so easily since the ground archers can hit you twice as much.
    The only key to flying is to avoid being mass stunned by warriors. If your team does not consist of warriors, then there is absolutely no reason for my team to fly.

At least you realize that the walls are there to stop the CATA (NOT PLAYERS) from coming from all directions. The distraction from players sneaking through (stealth) or coming from behind or the side (flanks) IS WHAT STRATEGIES are all about.

you can talk about thinking outside the box all you want, but try using that thinking to explain how the people who were in the TW this weekend all agree that flying is stupid.
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    @ Twil :P thanks :) tw was really fun for warriors :D they were like the kamikaze of tw lol , i really hope you have fun with the new flying tw thingy,,
    @utlima,, you talk about thinking outside of the box, I WAS IN THE DAM FLYING WAR, you werent , so i dont even need to imagine Because i S E E N it , your the one that needs to see it :) , and 76 flying archers will **** anyone on the ground , you failed big time :P from ground to air is still half damage hun, and from air to ground is Still half damage, from water to air and from water to ground is half damage :) .. you DID NOT see the flying tw so please dont talk about dodging stun,,hun all the archers were flying lol
    -i do agree with the walls part, but you have to admit, flying over the walls just like that still kinda ruins it, jumping was OK , just 3 BMs at the 3 spots and it was dealt with and fun as always :D but flying?seriously..
    edit: how come there is 20 pulling barbs?you do realize that in tier 3 lands only 4 catas are allowed ?

Are you serious? You have a 7x character and you say that ground to air is 1/2 damage? That explains it all. 'Enuff said.

And by the way, just because you were IN THE DAM FLYING NOOBIE WAR, where everyone plays like a noob, doesn't mean that you know everything about the flying aspect of TW.

I suggest that you do a 1 on 1 test with a friend about ground vs air damage and air vs ground damage before saying further.

EDIT: 4 catas... but 20 barbs total to confuse your archers from targeting... of course there's a mark above head... but it helps.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    Are you serious? You have a 7x character and you say that ground to air is 1/2 damage? That explains it all. 'Enuff said.

And you think that walls have no effect on players. 'Nuff said
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    what i understood from what you said is "the ground archers can hit you twice as much." so i was saying that ground would hit air half that damage x.x besides +1 markillian lol ,,anyways
    at least i was in the war, you never seen one, played in one, even saw pics of one , basically you are just assuming stuff out of your head and dreaming ,keep up the good work :)
    about the cata trick , anyone with half a brain can recognize the cata puller , specially that tiger speed is higher than cata so it's very noticable when they are on the move
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    I'm bored again, so I'll spend some time to teach lilly90 and markillian about the concept of TW.

TW is not about players splitting other player's head - that you can do outside in open PvP map.

TW is about strategic war between two guilds controlling catapults destroying the opponent's towers and crystal.

The players' roles are to assist, defend or attack these catapults, towers and crystals. That means TW revolves around catapults, towers and crystals. Players are pawns used for strategic formations only.

Hopefully that will enlighten you two about the mechanics of TW.

So have you understood why flying attacking archers are the most stupidest tactic to use? If not, take my advice and go try out with a buddy 1v1 air-ground combat and find out.

PS: about the 20 barbs pulling 4 catapults, you'll be surprised how effective it is to confuse the opponent. Not only that, the extra barbs are used to draw fires from towers, so that the catapults can zoom through quickly.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You sir, are a failure. Walls can still be jumped on from the side, how does flying make it any different? It's easier to see someone flying towards the wall than someone jumping on it from the side. Oh, and I rushed down lane C with my polar bear and met a UL party at their gate, one of your venomancers was already on a swan with the bee out. Don't think of lame excuses to why you lost. If you want to know a huge difference from last war, you're missing about a page of BL in your guild.

Warriors still have the same type of move wizards do like distance shrink, in fact you have two of them. Maybe you should try utilizing those two some in the air. CQ and BL won because they overpowered the other guild, thats it.

Does this seriously look like we had to fly to kill you? You just weren't strong enough, face it. You killed one of our catapults the whole war, and we only knew about flying right when the war began.

Tell me, does it take longer to fly over a wall or longer to jump over one? I am pretty sure that flying is faster, since if you fly, you don't have a decrease in forward velocity. Also, did I use the flying as a reason to why we lost? I read my post and no where in it did I say "if we knew we could fly legally, we would have won." I know we would have most likely lost, but because most of us didn't think we could fly without being banned we didn't. Because of this, we didn't fly and therefore our warriors could not take out your clerics who were flying.

This also means it didn't take flying to kill us to make a difference, just our lack of flying to kill your clerics, who were healing and resurrecting the werebeasts. Therefore, your idea of it simply being overpowering us is irrational. Yes, we most likely would have lost, but had we known flying was legal since they didn't make it known, we would have been flying and the war would have lasted longer.

Warriors may have two distance moves, but only one of them moves towards an opponent, and it is not far enough to make a big enough distance compared to the Cloud Sprint. Therefore, your idea for using those two skills is irrelevant since we can't spam either one of them.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    TW is not about players splitting other player's head - that you can do outside in open PvP map....

...take my advice and go try out with a buddy 1v1 air-ground combat and find out.

Thanks for contradicting yourself.

You can talk all you want about your opinions, but since you haven't been in a flying TW your opinions aren't worth much. You think about stuff, but lily has actually experienced it, so I'd take lily's opinion anyday.

Since you keep on telling us how you're so bored, why don't you go try fighting in a flying TW and then come back with some experience to back up your theories.
  • sivledragon
    sivledragon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmm... so many whiners here... all for the wrong reasons.

1. Flying in TW gives attackers more advantages?

WRONG.

Both defenders and attackers can fly. If you complain about attacking archers can fly over and kill all your mages, then HAVE YOUR OWN ARCHERS FLY to defend/attack as well.

If you complain about attacker's werefoxes being strong with their sawflies (or phoenix in future patches), then HAVE YOUR OWN Werefoxes with sawflies and phoenixes to defend/attack.

The attacker side has no advantage whatsoever.

2. Flying in TW makes you spend more money on cash shop?

WRONG

With the old days (ground only war), towers can be erected and a smaller defensive force can withstand larger attacking force for some time. This burns more Hieroes (charms) on both sides making the players spending more cash-shop overall.

Flames away :)

Hey what are you thinking? If you say in No.1 is right, then you will spend more time and more hieroes....If you say in No2. is right, then you can get your WF or EP do defend much. So what are you saying? I am so confused, can you plz explain more clear and don't bite your mouth with your teeth again plz
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    might as well just remove the warrior class and compensate each person with a same level wf b:surrender
  • sivledragon
    edited October 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    Wrathy from Unlimited I suppose.
    I think its your horrible English thats making you write that from ground to air you deal 1/2 damage as well.

To be honest I have never been in a flying territory war but I have played perfect world for around 2 years now. *Technically speaking* Ultima does have a point. I was actually against flying territory wars but now I understand it.

It's all about the catas hence flying doesn't really that make much of a difference, it just makes things more tactical and for people who came from previous versions of tw its a new thing we have to get used to. Though since we're all lazy and open for change we complain about it.

I don't really mind the flying in territory war now. Just means the more co-ordinated guilds stay and the cluster**** ones go.

First, No personal offence here, t0yo. It seems you are in a Ultima guild like Conqueror? I don't really like your personality. So you mean other guilds than Conqueror are cluster****? Plz stop what your opinion here now because you are in the winner side and never think too much about how to defend in the flying TW. Think clearly before you say anything here and stay how you going to defend and how the BM and WB have advantage in defending. Later on you go attack so you can defend easliy and not crying loud like wtfb:laugh
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    First, No personal offence here, t0yo. It seems you are in a Ultima guild like Conqueror? I don't really like your personality. So you mean other guilds than Conqueror are cluster****? Plz stop what your opinion here now because you are in the winner side and never think too much about how to defend in the flying TW. Think clearly before you say anything here and stay how you going to defend and how the BM and WB have advantage in defending. Later on you go attack so you can defend easliy and not crying loud like wtfb:laugh

Ultima means the last syllable of a word.

L2English plox.

I'm pretty sure t0yo thinks through his replies before posting than most people on here.

Can you translate your post into English for me?

Google hasn't added an Engrish -> English option yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    edited October 2008
  • sivledragon
    edited October 2008
    enrilysis? are you english teacher or a player really care about the PWI?
    btw, are you blind? Read this thread's topic plz before your speak, read the title. It's english states "TW & Flying (unannounced patch changes) ". Do you know what this topic means in ENGLISH?
    Sigh, I am out of topic too, sry guys. This person is not saying anything just spam the topic with his great ENGLISH,lol. nvm him:)
  • t0yo
    edited October 2008
  • evrilysis
    edited October 2008
    enrilysis? are you english teacher or a player really care about the PWI?

Sorry, Babelfish doesn't have it either.

I'll keep looking for a translator.

Lrn 2 McSpellzorz. I can haz plox?

Yes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    evrilysis wrote: »
    Google hasn't added an Engrish -> English option yet.

I don't know what has happened in the last while on this thread, but this is funny b:victory
  • sivledragon
    edited October 2008
    markillian wrote: »
    I don't know what has happened in the last while on this thread, but this is funny b:victory

what they do is trying to spam the thread and not really do anything about it. And I have not clue what will be happened in the last for this thread if we continue discuss how well English they are and blame me about it. This is PWI, it's not USA PW. So if they like to continue with this plz create another thread, I am tired of waiting for your opinion about how well you can defend in TW. Looks like they have neither suggestion nor idea to make improvement for TW. They just like to spam the thread that's all.
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    Wrathy from Unlimited I suppose.
    I think its your horrible English thats making you write that from ground to air you deal 1/2 damage as well.

To be honest I have never been in a flying territory war but I have played perfect world for around 2 years now. *Technically speaking* Ultima does have a point. I was actually against flying territory wars but now I understand it.

It's all about the catas hence flying doesn't really that make much of a difference, it just makes things more tactical and for people who came from previous versions of tw its a new thing we have to get used to. Though since we're all lazy and open for change we complain about it.

I don't really mind the flying in territory war now. Just means the more co-ordinated guilds stay and the cluster**** ones go.

well , sorry that english is my third language >.< geez and i played pw for 1,5 years and when you defend it's not about catas -__- because going full defense or choking walls gates with warriors are impossible strategies now, basically the guild with MORE people will win ,specially if it was attacking, want to know why?because they will just zerg in flying above the walls with no one to stop them then they can do havoc over the base,
    basically the days of tactic > numbers are over ,,and toyo didnt you realize that the GMS didnt even know that it existed?some one said here that he\she pmed them and they said they didnt even know that it was introduced ,,so i dont know :S ,,and the fact that they didn't announce it make sense now
    edit: Ultima , again i say, BOTH guilds that participated in the last flying tw hated it , i'm not sure why you love it so much , but please don't make any opinions about it till you try it :) , you can't tell if some thing is tasty or not till you try :P (no offense)
    and can we keep this in topic please x.x a mod will lock it for sure if the topic goes on like that >.< let's be civil anddd use the topic to get a clarification from a GM\MOD
    edit2:Ult why dont YOU go get a robe user and get your archer buddy to attack you from the air and tells us how this goes :) , that's one of the main points that i dislike about flying tw , that archers with that 30% attack can EFFICIENTLY attack from air specially vs robe users ,and don't say it's stupid , it HAPPENED so again i'm begging you >.< don't make opinions of a thing that you didn't experience yet
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    I won't bother responding to this thread anymore... you guys are too stubborn to even try to think outside of the box.

I don't like repeating myself; so if something is still unclear then please re-read what I've said previously.

PS: I'm glad that T0yo understands what I'm trying to say.
  • krystar
    krystar Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's not TW anymore. It's just PK wars with catapults.

there is no longer use for WRs or WBs. There's no USE for a wall team. EPs EAs and WFs are now dominant. This is bs. I wanted a GOOD war with Conquer. I dont mind the loss much, but I think it was just BULLCRAP that we dropped in 15 minutes with EVERYONE FLYING AROUND. It's ridiculous. Yes, Conq has more levels and what now, but it's RIDICULOUS WE COULDn"T HAVE A PROPER WAR.

Plus, that stupid event giving out that Jonas Blessing ...... My god. b:surrender

FFS cry me a river UL it's not like you couldn't fly too. And like it would have made a difference anyway, we all know UL can't do anything unless they have their BLT cronies backing them...wtf was up with BLT's high joining you and then going back. Granted you lost anyway but that was some major BS too and you didn't hear anyone complaining to gm's about that.
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    krystar if you want to flame go somewhere else, it's not about winning or losing as anber clearly stated, "btw you need new eye glasses" it's about that the thing was NOT announced, let alone the obvious disadvantages that been discused over 10 pages ,again,plase lets be civil -_- we dont want this thread end up locked while we can just use it to get any of the GMs attention for an official answer
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All these posts and flawless theories about defending, and not 1 person realized that while we were not expecting to defend against CQ with their new addition of the 55+ veng, we did expect to last a least 1.5 hours or even 2. Jonas blessing was really what did most of the dmg, since heiros don't even have to tick when you get 1 shot/2 shot....so all those lvl 70+ were just wtfpwning the lvl 60-70ppl instantly. Because of that, defenders would be sitting in the base watching crystal getting destroyed and waiting for the 30 sec no casting thing to run out (not actually sure if they can die when they have that on, but it felt like you could). The Jonas blessing did most of the actual dmg to the defenders in this weekend's TW, not the flying.... although I don't see what CQ is so cocky about when we had lvl 40's last week and held off for 2.5 hours....

Now back to the point. Had we known we could fly, we might have lasted longer. We might have realized defense is pointless because whatever you say, you cannot expect to defend a flying war for 3 hours. Why? Well, as soon as your enemy goes inside, all those mages that are supposed to be killing catas and getting protected by BMs get overrun from the air by hordes of everything except maybe the WB and BMs.... then everyone trying to defend the mages starts shooting those flyers down, and next thing you know, you are getting mowed from the ground by enemies.

I can say, if BLT was planning to straight out defend (like we were) and realized ppl can fly everywhere and cause chaos, they also wouldn't last 3 full hours of defense. Maybe because they have higher lvls they could kill off the first wave, but then what? Eventually they're screwed unless they just kill the enemy crystal themselves.
    UL just couldn't force off the first wave, and even if we did, we prob wouldn't have the power to kill the CQ crystal in 1 rush.
  • evrilysis
    edited October 2008
    The rules require you to use English when posting on the forums.

There's auto-spell check for Firefox, there's no excuse for not being able to spell.

And if you're using IE, you should kill yourself anyways.

All these threads asking for changes to the coding and game mechanics are completely useless.

Nothing is going to be changed, so get over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    this is not about english and engrish and spelling lessons and using fire fox or IE okay?and the GMs actually listen here :P they did lower the charms for a bit didnt they?and the fashion\mounts
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .