TW & Flying (unannounced patch changes)

Keef - Lost City
Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Appears they allowed flying in TW in that last patch, without notifying anyone about it.

So far 2 territories dropped in less than 15 minutes, hard to defend if people can fly over your walls.

This also kind of destroys the need for melee classes entirely in TW.

reroll archer, gg gms way to ruin an already bug ridden game even more
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
Post edited by Keef - Lost City on

Comments

• Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I also don't like flying in TW, and no one knew it before hand. I am getting tired of people QQing over it like it's the only reason they lost though.

If anyone should complain, it's the damage increase item (Jones' Blessing) that ruined TW a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keef - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    I also don't like flying in TW, and no one knew it before hand. I am getting tired of people QQing over it like it's the only reason they lost though.

If anyone should complain, it's the damage increase item (Jones' Blessing) that ruined TW a bit.
    Well honestly you shouldn't be able to mount or fly in TW, and they should reduce jumping, that way it's a real battle for the castle, not 'lets hop over the walls and shoot from up here'

but then again i come from real mmos where they think about things like pvp before they think about $$$ fashion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • venomus
    venomus Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Flying in TW is fked up... in war the defending team is suposed to have the advantage not the atacking team.... now the atk team has all the advantage and defending has nothing.
  • sivledragon
    sivledragon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If that's the way they design it, it's good to join the attacker faction, simple 'cause it's very easy to attack from air, no reason for A, B, C now cuz it's time to fly all the way to defender's base and no one will stop u in 360 degree, the wall's useless, the lanes useless, the towers, who cares now? you can heal and revive the cata puller without let them know where u are. It's very fun to attack, sorry to defenders, you are simply lose without doubt.
  • lilly90
    lilly90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i was getting killed by archers flying all over the place b:cry at least let the poor robe users know first ..< and btw mages don't get that much advantage , because it's easier to **** a robe user with a flying archer, but not as easy for the mage to kill a warrior or barb ,,,,,also that 30% thing >.< ffs i had 4k physical defense and i was getting hit from archers by 1k from air and i was on the ground >.< ,,anyways,, great war and thanks for the fun :) ,,gms kinda ruined it tho ,,but ,,whatever b:victory
    Wrathy
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Anberlin - Lost City
    Anberlin - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's not TW anymore. It's just PK wars with catapults.

there is no longer use for WRs or WBs. There's no USE for a wall team. EPs EAs and WFs are now dominant. This is bs. I wanted a GOOD war with Conquer. I dont mind the loss much, but I think it was just BULLCRAP that we dropped in 15 minutes with EVERYONE FLYING AROUND. It's ridiculous. Yes, Conq has more levels and what now, but it's RIDICULOUS WE COULDn"T HAVE A PROPER WAR.

Plus, that stupid event giving out that Jonas Blessing ...... My god. b:surrender
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    i just wanted to poke shizo couple of times in war b:sad now with ,mean archers flying all over the place i cant b:cry
    p.s: make the cata fly too ^_^ :D *imagines cata with white wings hovering above the crystal* b:surrender
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • sivledragon
    sivledragon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I like this game at first moment, and I like TW before today. You can see how many mins Unlimited defent Conqueror last week. 2hr and 20mins. It must be fun and excited!!! Now this game is unbalanced. The way TW is meaningless. You ruin the game yourself PWI. It's no fun to play. Why don't you change FB so we can fly too? By the way, I agree, why not make cata fly also,lol. It must be fun to watch.
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    wow

wtf

thats ridiculous

it must be changed back

why would they put flying into TW? Its, just, insanely ridiculous
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    my sawfly says "yay."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Mixie - Lost City
    Mixie - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I seriously hope this is changed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (;゚ Д゚)ℳℴℯ❤
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    <(T______________________T)>

Monkeh is not satisfied :'c
  • Celes - Lost City
    Celes - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Glad I quit the game!
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    I like this game at first moment, and I like TW before today. You can see how many mins Unlimited defent Conqueror last week. 2hr and 20mins. It must be fun and excited!!! Now this game is unbalanced. The way TW is meaningless. You ruin the game yourself PWI. It's no fun to play. Why don't you change FB so we can fly too? By the way, I agree, why not make cata fly also,lol. It must be fun to watch.

i bet flying catas would be so cute =x ,and how dare they ! they let the people fly but not the defenses ! or the walls ! or catas ! or CRYSTAL ! b:cry now they feel left out
    Wrathy
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was expecting Jonas blessing to play in favor of defenders, but with the flying, it completely turns the tide. EPs can fly to get hit for less, so, archers would eitehr hunt EPs or help kill cata pullers...and mages would have to fly to escape the pwnage because of extra dmg, so they would do less dmg to cata pullers...but the flying archers from other team would down them. It generally translates to lots of ****, no use for walls and overall under 30 min tower wars. In fact I bet if BL got atked in these conditions they would also fall within an hour if they try to defend. Maybe they should have given lvl 30 atk and lvl 30 defense blessing instead, to help us level and at the same time keep TW balanced. Flying would still ruin it for the defenders though...being able to hop over the wall was bad enough, but now this too? GG.
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    bascially , archers just ruled tw :D congrats to all of you lucky archers ^_^ ofcourse venos too :P with that bleed skill ;( "i'm allergic to bees " clerics can heal the cata pullers from air ;3 avoid towers too and peoples can just choke the walls all they like now ^_^ WE NEED FLYING CATAS ! <3 we should make a protest or somethinggg LOL ,,they would look really good with fluffy cute white wings :P

Wrathy
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Guardianmp - Heavens Tear
    Guardianmp - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Just wondering, since not everyone that has posted has their server listed, is everyone who has posted in here from the PvP server?

And I haven't done TW yet, so this is just a question, but why couldn't you split forces up to guard the sky and the ground (I mean are the classes that unbalanced that the rolls classes play on the ground don't apply to the air?).
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    Just wondering, since not everyone that has posted has their server listed, is everyone who has posted in here from the PvP server?

And I haven't done TW yet, so this is just a question, but why couldn't you split forces up to guard the sky and the ground (I mean are the classes that unbalanced that the rolls classes play on the ground don't apply to the air?).

it's still a disadvantage to the defender guild because we rely on towers as well and walls, with flying now all of that is nothing , they can as well remove the whole castle thingy, it'll be useless
    i'm from the PvP server
    -make mages fly=cant get cata pullers "what mages are made to do"
    -make warriors fly= they suck in air fights everyone knows that
    -make barbs fly= they cant pull cata i think in air O.O thats why we need the FLYING CATAS :D lol
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oooh, flying in TW! They need to update their guide to change where it says flying is not possible.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/guide/feature/territory

It certainly changes the dynamics of the entire Territory War.
  • Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lilly90 wrote: »
    bascially , archers just ruled tw :D congrats to all of you lucky archers ^_^ ofcourse venos too :P with that bleed skill ;( "i'm allergic to bees " clerics can heal the cata pullers from air ;3 avoid towers too and peoples can just choke the walls all they like now ^_^

Wrathy

I still got hit by Towers b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    fly higher :D i]b:chuckle or go fly between the towers in the walls section :D
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Dusk - Lost City
    Dusk - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i will never be able to sleep soundly again..
    ☺☻
  • Keef - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Flying battles are perhaps one of the worst parts of the game, and they are basically forcing that upon us in TW now since it's the 'easy win' for attackers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • Ibiki - Lost City
    Ibiki - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I haven't done TW yet.

But it does sound ridiculous to have a capture-the-flag kind of battlerealm/system and than change it so that the bases of the teams are completely useless.

Imho, really bad call on the game-developers' side.

If they want this game to keep growing/staying as popular as now, they shouldn't be scared to admit they made a mistake and change it back.

Just my 2 mangos.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    New we all have to buy Aerogear to keep up. Excellent money grabbing scheme there, isn't the halloween lottery enough to satisfy the greed?
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's a pity. This server was doing so well compared to PW-MY. Now its just falling under its stupidity. Its becoming the love child of Rohan+PWMY :C
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    i just remembered now , ,:D venos can use their phenoix pet in tw i bet ;D so when it's out :P tw is gone with the winds lol
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I guess I'll just quit since my 2 favourite classes (BM and WB) just lost all their usefulness in TWs
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    markillian wrote: »
    I guess I'll just quit since my 2 favourite classes (BM and WB) just lost all their usefulness in TWs

i honestly feel bad for all the BM's that created their char for tw :( and can some admin or something please say why there it wasnt announced?i mean , changing the tw map and allowing us to fly is a big change :P couldn't have hurt anyone if you told us before so we at least know ,,and not attend tw in the first place b:surrender
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I never complain that the WF is over powered in PVP with the phoenix because I know that they cant be used in TW.. now it's gonna be ridiculous. For mages to kill the cata pullers they gotta be on the ground or they do half damage. Then the archers can just fly over the defense and gank the mages.. It's ridiculous that you guys implement a game changing aspect then never tell anyone YOU CAN FLY IN TW. You still havent made an announcement.