ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    #1 How high can you fly?

- about the height of the wall of castle

#2 What flying pets are allowed?

- all flying pets are allowed

#3 Can a solo person attack a Crystal?

- yes but it will take you more than two hours to kill it by yourself

#4 Whith the Half damage from flying, does that effect pets too?
    - flying pets do full damage to flying players, and do half damage to ground players
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When you say that UL should have been flying, you might want to remember that no one was even told this was in the patch, and since it clearly says on this site that flying is prohibited in territory wars, it would only be logical to assume it is a bug and an offense for which you can be banned for. If you abuse a bug in any game, you can be banned, so unless we are told it is allowed, how can we expect not to be banned if caught doing it?

By the way, it wasn't only a few CQ flying, there were many. Either they found out when someone got in while flying and just didn't care what the cost might be or CQ was told in advance, and I seriously doubt it is the second of those. So can it be blamed if UL didn't want to take a chance of suffering the same fate as another guild who abused the territory war system?

Also, flying does change the way territory war will go. The walls are of no use now, so they might as well be taken out. The only way the walls will be of any use is if you can't fly over them, which defeats the purpose of flying in my opinion. Warriors are also at a disadvantage because we could use Cloud Sprint while on the ground to quickly get to our opponents, but in the air we can't. Because of this, other classes can easily kill us before we even reach them. The only way to balance this would be to allow us to use Cloud Sprint while flying.

If they are going to keep flying in, then I'm fine with it. At least, however, balance the system. Not to mention, it would also be nice if we are made aware of these updates when they are put in rather than when it is too late.
  • Reigha - Heavens Tear
    Reigha - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, if that is the case, that it is a bug, then there should be a roleback, and the TW's this week redone, Cause I have heard there were alot of Guild flying in TW so far this weekend.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When you say that UL should have been flying, you might want to remember that no one was even told this was in the patch, and since it clearly says on this site that flying is prohibited in territory wars, it would only be logical to assume it is a bug and an offense for which you can be banned for. If you abuse a bug in any game, you can be banned, so unless we are told it is allowed, how can we expect not to be banned if caught doing it?

By the way, it wasn't only a few CQ flying, there were many. Either they found out when someone got in while flying and just didn't care what the cost might be or CQ was told in advance, and I seriously doubt it is the second of those. So can it be blamed if UL didn't want to take a chance of suffering the same fate as another guild who abused the territory war system?

Also, flying does change the way territory war will go. The walls are of no use now, so they might as well be taken out. The only way the walls will be of any use is if you can't fly over them, which defeats the purpose of flying in my opinion. Warriors are also at a disadvantage because we could use Cloud Sprint while on the ground to quickly get to our opponents, but in the air we can't. Because of this, other classes can easily kill us before we even reach them. The only way to balance this would be to allow us to use Cloud Sprint while flying.

If they are going to keep flying in, then I'm fine with it. At least, however, balance the system. Not to mention, it would also be nice if we are made aware of these updates when they are put in rather than when it is too late.

I didn't even know we could fly until your amazing 4x players where flying in war, probably because they didn't know that you couldn't fly in war. So congrats your players where the ones who let lane B know we could even fly.

BTW I didn't fly once in war, didn't die once. b:cry
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2008

You sir, are a failure. Walls can still be jumped on from the side, how does flying make it any different? It's easier to see someone flying towards the wall than someone jumping on it from the side. Oh, and I rushed down lane C with my polar bear and met a UL party at their gate, one of your venomancers was already on a swan with the bee out. Don't think of lame excuses to why you lost. If you want to know a huge difference from last war, you're missing about a page of BL in your guild.

Warriors still have the same type of move wizards do like distance shrink, in fact you have two of them. Maybe you should try utilizing those two some in the air. CQ and BL won because they overpowered the other guild, thats it.

Does this seriously look like we had to fly to kill you? You just weren't strong enough, face it. You killed one of our catapults the whole war, and we only knew about flying right when the war began.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ultima999 wrote: »
    For Blade stunners, they can fly and drop in a middle of a pack of mages to stun. Archers will busy with other archers and priests mostly.
    Bwahahahaha. Fly and Drop in the middle of a pack of Mages? I don't think you realise how slow AND obvious a flying BM is, You will get nuked down way before you reach them unless they are all blind. If they take to the air then they probably wouldn't be in a group and it becomes much harder to get anyone with AoE. With this little *update* the already severely gimped BM class is now also nigh-useless in PvP TW. Guess now we'll just sit around buffing the people who res...
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    We're looking into the matter, and...

Sorry, but we need time to contact the higher-ups and figure out precisely what the deal is. I do not think we'll be able to give any better information regarding intent or purpose until after we can iron the details out, and that's probably not going to occur this weekend.

Regardless of what the case of the matter is, I will ask that people take the requests that this be undone to one of the existing threads in the Suggestions forum.

Whoever said that they don't work on weekends should learn to rea the entire thread (this was posted 3.5 hours ago)

b:bye until Barbs and Bm regain their usefulness in TW
  • Shygirl - Lost City
    Shygirl - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    We're looking into the matter, and...

Sorry, but we need time to contact the higher-ups and figure out precisely what the deal is. I do not think we'll be able to give any better information regarding intent or purpose until after we can iron the details out, and that's probably not going to occur this weekend.

Regardless of what the case of the matter is, I will ask that people take the requests that this be undone to one of the existing threads in the Suggestions forum.

Why? You dislike people hating on the change so much? Trying to save face for the people who run PWI? They can save there own fave by thinking with there brain before making changes to PW before they think so selfishly with there wallets.

They deserve every bit of critisizm they get and MORE. The server is still new, and your already wrecking it!
  • lilly90
    lilly90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You sir, are a failure. Walls can still be jumped on from the side, how does flying make it any different? It's easier to see someone flying towards the wall than someone jumping on it from the side. Oh, and I rushed down lane C with my polar bear and met a UL party at their gate, one of your venomancers was already on a swan with the bee out. Don't think of lame excuses to why you lost. If you want to know a huge difference from last war, you're missing about a page of BL in your guild.

Warriors still have the same type of move wizards do like distance shrink, in fact you have two of them. Maybe you should try utilizing those two some in the air. CQ and BL won because they overpowered the other guild, thats it.

Does this seriously look like we had to fly to kill you? You just weren't strong enough, face it. You killed one of our catapults the whole war, and we only knew about flying right when the war began.
    okay, please explain to me how BM's are supposed to protect walls when they cant stun grouped people on the rock or on the wall?how warriors are supposed to protect walls when people are FLYING over the wall ? ,
    -about the warriors and wiz thing, have you EVER seen a warrior in tw using the forward leap skill?i'll just leap back when he\she does it lol and our leap range is better than theirs i think?i dont know for sure tbh , but you get my point :D , only use for warrior was to dash like nuts and stun\aoe then leap backwards if he\she survives it, now tell me please how they are supposed to do it now ,,
    about the "one page of BL" and 17 BL members **** , look i told this to wild card too,, either get better spies or shut up if you can't even get something right , he "claimed" that BL helped vs veng, i told him give me 1 name of any BL in our guild when we were warring you guys, he said "well it was late and i couldnt memorize" b:surrender
    -anyways ,its not about winning or losing in tw , it's about that we had no fun at all x.x , besides it's all fine with usss :) we lose a land , and get one :D better than nothing ^^
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    Bwahahahaha. Fly and Drop in the middle of a pack of Mages? I don't think you realise how slow AND obvious a flying BM is, You will get nuked down way before you reach them unless they are all blind. If they take to the air then they probably wouldn't be in a group and it becomes much harder to get anyone with AoE. With this little *update* the already severely gimped BM class is now also nigh-useless in PvP TW. Guess now we'll just sit around buffing the people who res...

It seems that you're not familiar with the concept of meat walls and AOE damage. Have you try running a Blade through a meat wall to mass stun a bunch of mages behind? Don't think so.

Players complained that flying blades are useless, but they are not. A flying Blade can pass through the meat wall provided that the enemies are busy with other targets like Barbs, archers, and other blades on the ground.

A few stun-build blades can pass through the opponent's meat walls and land on a pack of mages to stun.

If they don't remove flying in TW, you will see this being done a lot.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Why? You dislike people hating on the change so much? Trying to save face for the people who run PWI? They can save there own fave by thinking with there brain before making changes to PW before they think so selfishly with there wallets.

They deserve every bit of critisizm they get and MORE. The server is still new, and your already wrecking it!

You're free to "hate on" a change as much as you'd like -- at least within the "don't make duplicate threads", "stay on topic", and "be at least mostly civil if not courteous" rules, which an impressive number of players have followed. I'd actually prefer that complaints and discussions of the effects and results of this change stay here; it's rather on-topic. You have the right to an opinion, and it's good for other players and the PWE community staff to know how players respond to a change.

I recommend that requests and suggestions for altering the matter go here, for the simple matter that the Suggestions forum exists precisely for such things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markillian
    edited October 2008

General discussion forum is for general discussion (thats where you say this is stupid I hate it, then discuss why), Suggestion section is where you suggest stuff (I believe that x and y and z should be changed because..)
  • velvatina
    velvatina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I dont see what the problem is, if this were a real world and a real war (It ISNT I know!!) - would there be war-rule of no flying? lmao I dont think so.. the defenders in a real war would have find ways of combating the flyers... like put some higher level archers, venomancers with their flying creatures and blademasters on swords in the air, right by the wall and high in the air, where the enemy is about to try and come over...

...get some battle plans together people and quit complaining cos you cant get an easy win.
  • Foxygoth - Heavens Tear
    Foxygoth - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    $$$$$$
    its all about $$$$$$$$$
    when will you all figure it out$$$
    foxygoth-lvl92- arcane veno

ElfyGoth-lvl 65-support cleric
  • Weng - Heavens Tear
    Weng - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I don't know why people are complaining about flying in TW. It's not like only one side gets to fly. This change applies to EVERYONE. Which is the fairest change possible. It's a just a matter of now a need to develop a new battle strategies. It is no longer a 2 dimensional war, it's now 3 dimensional.

I think it'll be more challenging and more fun. And since everyone's complaining that the war will be overed so quickly because of attackers flying over the wall and such, then have the developers increase the HPs of the bases/crystals to balance things out.

-Weng
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lilly90 wrote: »
    okay, please explain to me how BM's are supposed to protect walls when they cant stun grouped people on the rock or on the wall?how warriors are supposed to protect walls when people are FLYING over the wall ? ,
    -about the warriors and wiz thing, have you EVER seen a warrior in tw using the forward leap skill?i'll just leap back when he\she does it lol and our leap range is better than theirs i think?i dont know for sure tbh , but you get my point :D , only use for warrior was to dash like nuts and stun\aoe then leap backwards if he\she survives it, now tell me please how they are supposed to do it now ,,
    about the "one page of BL" and 17 BL members **** , look i told this to wild card too,, either get better spies or shut up if you can't even get something right , he "claimed" that BL helped vs veng, i told him give me 1 name of any BL in our guild when we were warring you guys, he said "well it was late and i couldnt memorize" b:surrender
    -anyways ,its not about winning or losing in tw , it's about that we had no fun at all x.x , besides it's all fine with usss :) we lose a land , and get one :D better than nothing ^^

I'll give you three BL members that were in the UL war right now off the top of my head. Lrod, FieryDevil and Tigerlily. Three high 7x/low 8x that left your guild right after our first war and joined back with BL, they didn't stick around for the war against Vengeance though.

Oh and about warriors, yes I have seen them use the leap skills and even if they don't go as far as the mages, the best player will utilize all of their skills. I have seen some warriors good enough to combine them both to do a forward leap then they turn around and do a backwards leap in the same direction almost instantly. Stop talking like the war is ended through people flying. The only thing that matters in a TW is a catapult and clearly they don't fly. If everyone is flying then go beat on the catapult while they all do half damage to you. The flying has next to no height and you can very easily hit anyone flying from the ground. The only class that flying really helps are the clerics so they can survive a little easier while healing.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    $$$$$$
    its all about $$$$$$$$$
    when will you all figure it out$$$

and they make more money when TW are 15 minutes long as opposed to the over 2 hour long ones?
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    I'll give you three BL members that were in the UL war right now off the top of my head. Lrod, FieryDevil and Tigerlily. Three high 7x/low 8x that left your guild right after our first war and joined back with BL, they didn't stick around for the war against Vengeance though.

Oh and about warriors, yes I have seen them use the leap skills and even if they don't go as far as the mages, the best player will utilize all of their skills. I have seen some warriors good enough to combine them both to do a forward leap then they turn around and do a backwards leap in the same direction almost instantly. Stop talking like the war is ended through people flying. The only thing that matters in a TW is a catapult and clearly they don't fly. If everyone is flying then go beat on the catapult while they all do half damage to you. The flying has next to no height and you can very easily hit anyone flying from the ground. The only class that flying really helps are the clerics so they can survive a little easier while healing.

i was talking about veng war.. what i meant by warriors being useless in protecting the walls that they CANT mass stun anymore , about the leaps , maxed leap is 16 meter, so that's 32 meters , and maxed mage leap is 25 :) so EVEN if the "best" warrior as you say does both leaps in the same direction furthest he'll get is 32 meters, so the mage will leap back , making the warrior wasting vigor and only coming close by 7 meters, and EVEN if the warrior cought up with the mage,,the mage will just drop :D ,,i'm a mage my self and this is very good for me in tw to dodge warriors and all ,i'm smart enough to realize what's fair and what's not for other classes too ,i never said that war ended with flying , i just pointed out that there is no fun anymore in it , and that's the only reason i play tw for , winning or losing doesn't really matter to me, those 2,5 hours last week were very fun for me :) and i'm sure it was fun for you too, but you have to admit,,flying takes all the fun away and turns it to something like "whoever has the biggest number of archers win" simple as that , since they have crits already and that 30% thingy is NOT helping so they can basically **** everything and do Enough damage, on the other hand , try flying with a mage and nuke some one on the ground..
    again i say, its not about if you can hit who is flying its about , EVERYONE can pass walls now,,basically there is NO efficient way to choke walls and protect them by using BMs, BMs are not made to hit 1 target you know , flying or not ,,anyways it's just my opinion , agree or not :P but i'd really like to have more fun in tw x.x
    Wrathy
    edit: can any warrior confirm if leap uses vigor?i'm not sure if it does or not
    edit2: i think that some how the Chinese company or whatever didnt mention in the patch that we can fly in the tw to the int version O.O just a guess because mods were as surprised as us from my impression :S or maybe the last patch made flying available by mistake or a bug,,,because i'm sure that if PWI wanted to add flying it's not really hard to just say it or announce it
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    #1 How high can you fly?

- about the height of the wall of castle

Much higher than the wall castle. High enough than you can painlessly fly over it, making the wall totally useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    markillian wrote: »
    Whoever said that they don't work on weekends should learn to rea the entire thread (this was posted 3.5 hours ago)

gattsuru is a moderator, not an admin, and have no power wathsoever on anything that is decided in the game.

He may even be one of those volunteer moderators that were here before open beta...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • sivledragon
    sivledragon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It seems like only Haiz,ultima999 are very good with flying TW and they love this so much and Haiz is not talking about the flying TW and she/he's out of topic by no suggesting no even think of what this thread is talk about and just keep blame it's good to fly in TW 'cause his/her guild (conqueror) won in 15 mins. Nice work thought, but 15mins TW's fun? Excited? Well, if that's the way you like, fine. But get back to our topic please, we are talking about the unbalance in the game, any game that is unbalanced will be a loser at the end. Why WOW so successful? they keep it balanced at all time!!!! If you think more high lvl guild will pwn in game, then what's fun to play it? We need to have fun to play this game no just keep getting new flying mounts and shop pets or higher grade to power the war. If this is your choice,you can spend all your $$ and you win, what fun is that? Money spender? WE NEED THE GAME TO BE BALANCE!!!! So just stay the topic and don't show off PLZ!
  • sivledragon
    sivledragon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Anyway, if PWI need to keep this game stay alive at least 2 or 3 more years. Change your maps or change something to make us satisfied with BALANCED game! DO SOMETHING NOW before it's too late. We spend money to have fun. So if u choose flying TW then do something to make it fun. It's ridicurious to have wall if u can fly, this is one thing. Others like skills classes and so on I don't have opinion. But for now, TW's failure by majority! FIX IT NOW.
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    I'm bored so I'm gonna tell you an amusing story during the CB of PW-China. This was 4 years ago.

So version 0.1beta was released, characters can walk and run around on land to explore and players can engage in PK and split each other's head.

Then comes version 0.2beta, flying was added. Everyone was so happy... yayyyy we can fly... then some PKers started to scream.... NOOOOO... our land skills are gimped nowwww... we can't winnnnn... nooooooooo.... this is the worst patch everrrrrrrrrr.

Then comes version 0.3beta, swimming was added.... everyone was like woot... we can swim now... so cool, look at that fish... and I can breath under water

Fast forward to version 1.3.9, and here we are... repeating da same ****...

On a more serious note, once half of the server gets to 80+, you'll see that there's virtually no strategy with land TW battles. It boils down to meat walls and heiro's burn. The side that got more HP pool wins.

Adding air battle to TW allows more complex strategy. Each class can be used to its full potential. Stealth, recon, flanking, etc... all can now be executed much more freely and efficiently.
  • Melancholy - Heavens Tear
    Melancholy - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kowlin is now, useless...
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm bored so I'm gonna tell you an amusing story during the CB of PW-China. This was 4 years ago.

So version 0.1beta was released, characters can walk and run around on land to explore and players can engage in PK and split each other's head.

Then comes version 0.2beta, flying was added. Everyone was so happy... yayyyy we can fly... then some PKers started to scream.... NOOOOO... our land skills are gimped nowwww... we can't winnnnn... nooooooooo.... this is the worst patch everrrrrrrrrr.

Then comes version 0.3beta, swimming was added.... everyone was like woot... we can swim now... so cool, look at that fish... and I can breath under water

On a more serious note, once half of the server gets to 80+, you'll see that there's virtually no strategy with land TW battles. It boils down to meat walls and heiro's burn. The side that got more HP pool wins.

Adding air battle to TW allows more complex strategy. Each class can be used to its full potential. Stealth, recon, flanking, etc... all can now be executed much more freely and efficiently.

too bad its temporary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008

would you please try to explain more how EXACTLY BMs and Barbs will have their skills "executed much more freely and efficiently " while in the air ?thank you :) ,
    btw please read the first post in topic and stay in topic b:cute
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lilly90, I don't participate in TW, but apparently we must be playing different games.

Having played both barbs and blades, I have used both AoE stuns and Perdition (whatever its called on this version) in the air with devestating results. Axe build blades have TONS of AoE attacks which I used to use when grinding on air mobs, so suddenly those same skills wouldn't work on players??

And, after going back and reading the first post, it's just someone unhappy with a change and declaring that "the sky is falling and we are all dooooooooomed" and that the flying change is the end of the server and TW. So how is ultima999's post off topic when he is explaining that people throughout the evolution of PW have always freaked out when changes came, yet, miraculously, the game survived and players adapted to the new challenges. To me, it is a perfectly justified post concerning this topic explaining that it is not, in fact, the end of TW or the server.

Personally, talking to my friends back on the other servers who are more experienced and more active in TW, simply through more time exposed to it, would welcome a strategic change, because currently the only "strategies" are "full defend" (tons of stunners, de-buffers and DD around the home stone and noone bothering to attack the enemy stone) or variations of "bull rushing" (relying on better gear and supplies mostly to over power evenly leveled opponants).

Evolve, adapt, or become obsolete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilly90
    edited October 2008
    lilly90, I don't participate in TW, but apparently we must be playing different games.

Having played both barbs and blades, I have used both AoE stuns and Perdition (whatever its called on this version) in the air with devestating results. Axe build blades have TONS of AoE attacks which I used to use when grinding on air mobs, so suddenly those same skills wouldn't work on players??

And, after going back and reading the first post, it's just someone unhappy with a change and declaring that "the sky is falling and we are all dooooooooomed" and that the flying change is the end of the server and TW. So how is ultima999's post off topic when he is explaining that people throughout the evolution of PW have always freaked out when changes came, yet, miraculously, the game survived and players adapted to the new challenges. To me, it is a perfectly justified post concerning this topic explaining that it is not, in fact, the end of TW or the server.

Personally, talking to my friends back on the other servers who are more experienced and more active in TW, simply through more time exposed to it, would welcome a strategic change, because currently the only "strategies" are "full defend" (tons of stunners, de-buffers and DD around the home stone and noone bothering to attack the enemy stone) or variations of "bull rushing" (relying on better gear and supplies mostly to over power evenly leveled opponants).

Evolve, adapt, or become obsolete.
    well , first call me wrathy please :)second, you need to participate more then ,, just because you have cool skills that you use vs 1 person on air doesn't mean that that's what you should do in tw, you should see warriors in tw dashing and choking gates stunning over 15+ people and doing couple of aoes then leaping back while dds finish the job, have you ever seen 2 teams holding off a guild? that's the power of warrior , and air mobs don't drop, leap back wards, nuke the heck out of you and kill you BEFORE you reach them b:chuckle so please please don't compare tw to fighting air mobs.,,,look in the dam title of the topic >.<
    TW & Flying (unannounced patch changes) , here , look again
    and if you are talking about the maly version then you are a liar, because 1 guild dominates each server, so defend is even harder if any guild gets attacked by these major guilds,,,
    edits:if you can fly in tw, why you think they made walls?
    i'm sick of defending BMs while it's in my advantage to fly , sure i can be sniped by archers ,,but hey :) no BM can rush stun me now :D ,,you guys will see next tws how "good" the flying "thing" is for bm-barb :)
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    lilly90 wrote: »
    would you please try to explain more how EXACTLY BMs and Barbs will have their skills "executed much more freely and efficiently " while in the air ?thank you :) ,
    btw please read the first post in topic and stay in topic b:cute

You misread my point. I said that with flying TW, every class can be used to its full potential and the strategies like steallth, recon, flanking, etc... can be executed more freely and efficiently.

I never said that every skills can be executed much more freely and efficiently. Here's a plain break down for you in case you wanna misread me any further.

Barb - best used for pulling cata
    Blade - best used for ground attack ie: defending pulling-barb or killing mages that target pulling-barbs
    MAG - best used for nuking pulling-barbs
    EP - best used for healing when flying
    EA - best used for recon/stealth/flank etc...
    WF- best used for anything

Lastly, it is stupid to be attacking ground from air because damage is halved (unless on weak def like poor robe mages). Therefore flying is a tool for freedom of movement, not for freedom of attacking.

Please try to think out of the box.

EDIT: I have seen quite a few of you said "Why have walls when you can fly?" Obviously, these people do not know the concept of TW? If you think that walls are there to prevent the players from coming in from all directions then you have absolutely have no idea how to play TW.

The walls are there so that the CATAPULTs cannot come from all directions. Catapult pullers are forced to choose 1 of three paths to come in. It is the catapults that break the crystal, not your arrows and nukes.

Learn the game first before saying those comments again.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    You misread my point. I said that with flying TW, every class can be used to its full potential and the strategies like steallth, recon, flanking, etc... can be executed more freely and efficiently.

I never said that every skills can be executed much more freely and efficiently. Here's a plain break down for you in case you wanna misread me any further.

Barb - best used for pulling cata
    Blade - best used for ground attack ie: defending pulling-barb or killing mages that target pulling-barbs
    EP - best used for healing when flying
    EA - best used for recon/stealth/flank etc...
    WF- best used for anything

Lastly, it is stupid to be attacking ground from air because damage is halved (unless on weak def like poor robe mages). Therefore flying is a tool for freedom of movement, not for freedom of attacking.

Please try to think out of the box.

EDIT: I have seen quite a few of you said "Why have walls when you can fly?" Obviously, these people do not know the concept of TW? If you think that walls are there to prevent the players from coming in from all directions then you have absolutely have no idea how to play TW.

The walls are there so that the CATAPULTs cannot come from all directions. Catapult pullers are forced to choose 1 of three paths to come in. It is the catapults that break the crystal, not your arrows and nukes.

Learn the game first before saying those comments again.

what you don't understand is that adding flying pretty much makes the castle walls and all that stuff alot less useful, and they're a very cool feature of TW.