TW & Flying (unannounced patch changes)

Comments

• Meatshield - Lost City
    Meatshield - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Why do you insist on ruining this game? This is the most ridiculous update I've EVER seen in ANY game.

You just made half the classes USELESS per say. And now the classes that rock in pk, ROCK in tw.

Am I wrong when I say you can FLY OVER THE WALLS? Seriously, think about that aspect...

Because CN apparently did it means it is a good idea? No.

Lvl 7x WB, Now considering leaving the game if this is not FIXXED.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just smell the money making schemes in the air.

Even though I haven't done TW in awhile, it's purely stupid to have flying in TW. It's the same reason jumping and flying isn't allowed in dungeons. So you can't avoid everything that you're supposed to be fighting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not having Flying battles beats the point out of even having the phoenix (which won't be overpowered) Thus ruining it for Venomancer's who wish to participate in TW with their favorite pet..And people will be less inclined to buy those superfast flying mounts.

Let me put it like this.No Flight in tw,means no phoenix or Petit Sawfly.Huge loss of $ on those trying to get those phoenix' in the first place.I bet your bosses dont want that right GM's?=)

~One
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    People will still buy the pheonixs for pvping outside tw the fact that your saying they should keep flying in tw is ****. You do realise how easy they made tws now right there is no major challenge when u can go right over your oppponent to the main goal right? I am sorry to say I think you are the biggest idiot I have ever met.
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Oh and fyi PWE your losing a lot of players JUST because of this alone. If you top it with your **** cs prices I am sorry to say I really see your servers dying very fast and sadly you will be a Rohan repeat. Please don't make the same mistake they did and turn a deaf ear to your income.
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not having Flying battles beats the point out of even having the phoenix (which won't be overpowered) Thus ruining it for Venomancer's who wish to participate in TW with their favorite pet..And people will be less inclined to buy those superfast flying mounts.

Let me put it like this.No Flight in tw,means no phoenix or Petit Sawfly.Huge loss of $ on those trying to get those phoenix' in the first place.I bet your bosses dont want that right GM's?=)

~One

First, the Pheonix is and will remain overpowered because it's a cash shop item with a rather hefty price tag (something like US$200 on PW-CN?).

Second, a simpler way to allow this cash cow into the TW would be to just not restrict the use of flying pets (or preferably code flying pets to use ground pet mechanics in dungeons and TWs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i wonder why no ''GM'' answer at this post... sorry but you will make quite all wr,wb since they are almost useless in tw now... ''ty'' for patch you only ruined the TW....b:angry
    I feel bad for all wb,wr ...b:surrender
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    People will still buy the pheonixs for pvping outside tw the fact that your saying they should keep flying in tw is ****. You do realise how easy they made tws now right there is no major challenge when u can go right over your oppponent to the main goal right? I am sorry to say I think you are the biggest idiot I have ever met.

I didnt mention they should keep flying in tw.Im just pointing out the obvious consequences of this happening.By the way,enforcing your argument with a ad-hominim attack is really immature.Let's keep it civil please.=)

@puppetsoul.
    Are u aware that the GM's will investigate if the bleed bug of the phoenix is really overpowered?This is something Xarfox wrote in another topic.
    That means when the expansion comes eventually whatever the case may be the phoenix will be strong but balanced(compared to other classes)and not overpowered.

~One
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    edited October 2008

~One

Your really not saying they should keep flying in TW in your above post? Cause it looks like exact opposite to me.
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    @puppetsoul.
    Are u aware that the GM's will investigate if the bleed bug of the phoenix is really overpowered?This is something Xarfox wrote in another topic.
    That means when the expansion comes eventually whatever the case may be the phoenix will be strong but balanced(compared to other classes)and not overpowered.

Not possible. There's no way to balance a pet with a 100% damage selfbuff with the rest of the pets in the game which don't have access to it.

And the Bleed "bug" has been around for years. At one point it was "fixed", but then they realized it left pets unviable in PvP and thus they required a significant increase in the base stats of pets (grossly imbalancing WF in PvE) or the creation of pet based spike-DPS PvP nukes which in the end would serve the same function that the "bugged" Ripping Bite skill did. So they "rebugged" it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mixie - Lost City
    Mixie - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Why do you insist on ruining this game? This is the most ridiculous update I've EVER seen in ANY game.

You just made half the classes USELESS per say. And now the classes that rock in pk, ROCK in tw.

Am I wrong when I say you can FLY OVER THE WALLS? Seriously, think about that aspect...

Because CN apparently did it means it is a good idea? No.

Lvl 7x WB, Now considering leaving the game if this is not FIXXED.

QFT. fffffffffff stupid text limit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (;゚ Д゚)ℳℴℯ❤
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    @Xifox
    Im not.
    Im suggesting the financial consequences of what would happen if they don't allow flying or phoenixes in the TW.I'm not saying im for or against this phenomenon cause i've simply havent formed an opinion on that as of yet.

~One.
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    You guys do fine with your kowlin in pvp tw. Allowing flight makes pvp tw no challenge whatsoever. So you really don't need to have flying pets in pvp tw.
  • Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008

~One
    veno are still usuable in a ground battle in TW, making it a aerial fight, destroys the need for blademasters and barbarians though

imo better to have a unhappy veno using ground pet, then to have the 2 tanking classes quit the game because they aren't needed in TW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • lilly90
    lilly90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    what's really getting on my nerves, that no mod or GM answered , can we please get some light on this issue ?how on earth a patch like that was not announced ?
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They'll probably say that they're looking into this issue, and that the game is still in beta, and sorry for the inconvenience.

GMs are so hard to come by with their supposed 24/7 coverage, but I'm thinking it's a skeleton crew of one person hopping around the servers, chatting with players about random things rather than resolving issues.

Since this issue is so severe, none of the staff wants to say anything and risk being flamed hard. Forum mods don't know anything, nor will they comment anything other than general questions.

Please prove me wrong PWE.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They'll probably say that they're looking into this issue, and that the game is still in beta, and sorry for the inconvenience.

GMs are so hard to come by with their supposed 24/7 coverage, but I'm thinking it's a skeleton crew of one person hopping around the servers, chatting with players about random things rather than resolving issues.

They stopped Duke's shouting cause it was causing people to be severely annoyed and to stop playing. :P Quick, everyone threaten to stop playing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lilly90 wrote: »
    what's really getting on my nerves, that no mod or GM answered , can we please get some light on this issue ?how on earth a patch like that was not announced ?

We're looking into the matter, and...

Sorry, but we need time to contact the higher-ups and figure out precisely what the deal is. I do not think we'll be able to give any better information regarding intent or purpose until after we can iron the details out, and that's probably not going to occur this weekend.

Regardless of what the case of the matter is, I will ask that people take the requests that this be undone to one of the existing threads in the Suggestions forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ordain - Lost City
    Ordain - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    We're looking into the matter, and...

Sorry, but we need time to contact the higher-ups and figure out precisely what the deal is. I do not think we'll be able to give any better information regarding intent or purpose until after we can iron the details out, and that's probably not going to occur this weekend.

Regardless of what the case of the matter is, I will ask that people take the requests that this be undone to one of the existing threads in the Suggestions forum.

Flying in territory wars was enabled a long long time ago on PW-CN and PW-VN. No, It does not wreck the "TW experience" I've fought in TW's with and without flying and trust me, Flying TW's are much more exciting and strategic.

The fact is that we have to develop tactics to counter it. But yes, I do believe that the 30% more damage thing kinda threw things off for TW's. But hey, get used to it.

In the end, the only real complaint which i have is that the WFs "Flesh Ream" skill for their pets is still broken, Making them horribly unbalanced. Especially when the new battle pets release like the Phoenix which has a move speed of 12.0 m/s. Just imagine playing a robe class and trying to fight in a battle all the while you have a pet with 12.0m/s chasing you around. Which even with you best flying mounts you could barely outrun. Which means, Stopping to cast a skill is pretty much insta-death in the forum of ripping bite.

Edit: Not to mention, The only classes who have the right to complain about this are Mages and Warriors, Mages because they will have far fewer oppurtunities to use their AOE skills and warriors for the same reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmm... so many whiners here... all for the wrong reasons.

1. Flying in TW gives attackers more advantages?

WRONG.

Both defenders and attackers can fly. If you complain about attacking archers can fly over and kill all your mages, then HAVE YOUR OWN ARCHERS FLY to defend/attack as well.

If you complain about attacker's werefoxes being strong with their sawflies (or phoenix in future patches), then HAVE YOUR OWN Werefoxes with sawflies and phoenixes to defend/attack.

The attacker side has no advantage whatsoever. Both sides are on the same field. The only difference is now there are more strategies and dynamics to be planned out for attacking as well as defending.

For sure, if the defending side does not change their defensive tactic and stick to the typical "ground only battles" strategies, they will LOSE badly to the attacker using FLYING + GROUND strategies.

Bottom line is that the new flying in TW gives MORE fun in TW. You guys just have to learn to adapt and create new tactics to defend as well as attack. Stop playing the same old way and blaming your failures on your lack of ingenuity on the new game play.

2. Flying in TW makes you spend more money on cash shop?

WRONG

With the old days (ground only war), towers can be erected and a smaller defensive force can withstand larger attacking force for some time. This burns more Hieroes (charms) on both sides making the players spending more cash-shop overall.

With the new flying war battles, a larger force will be able to win a smaller force relatively quickly (this is logical). Quicker battles result in less hieroes (charms) being burned.

For equal attacking and defending forces, the time to finish the war can be significantly less as well depending on the strategies used by each side.

Bottom line is that flying in TW forces players to use their brains to win, instead of using their cash to win.

Flames away :)
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I didnt mention they should keep flying in tw.Im just pointing out the obvious consequences of this happening.By the way,enforcing your argument with a ad-hominim attack is really immature.Let's keep it civil please.=)

@puppetsoul.

~One

Since when did the admins investigate anything?
    Flesh Ream has been around for 2-3 years (Time PW has been out) so I don't expect it to be changed.
    The halloween event was never fixed, therefore people /abusing a bug/ and remaining unpunished.
    The bosses are still buggable, fb29 and the like
    The Instances in Perfect World HH's,FB's are all buggable, and still are where you can **** through walls to avoid mobs, and /A LOT/ of people do it
    Forest Ruins still bugged, but they did the lazy thing and just removed it

Thats just some of the bugs that have never been fixed in the history of PW. Do you really think they're going to bother any time soon? It all stems from the main company in Beijing and also for the administration on PWI to provide a good service for their overlypriced game.

@Ultima I'd want to know what your territory war experience is really. You and Ordain /may/ have a point but seriously barbs and blades really lose their point.

As for flying pets in territory war? Are you frikkin mental!? We have the kowlins with their amazing speed. If you'd want to use the fly over the kowlin in tw before we could fly you would have to be pretty inept at playing a veno

I'm getting too annoyed at this game and unlike the other hypocrites who continue using the cash shop and threatening PWI I've stopped all cash shop transactions and just use in game money to purchase it. I won't stop playing though, I'll take their bandwith x3
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Got answer to my ticket really fast, Flying in TW shouldn't be happening so obviously a bug slipped in with the patch.

Lets hope they fix it before next weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    Barb and Blades have their roles on the ground. You still need the catapults to attack the crystal.
    For Blade stunners, they can fly and drop in a middle of a pack of mages to stun. Archers will busy with other archers and priests mostly.

The only class that gains the most advantage is Venoms since their pet's range is the longest, attacking from high above the sky, but then pets can be easily taken care of.

So all the classes will still serve their purposes. Only the pulling Barb gets the same old game play.

As for why I mentioned sawflies (bees) and phoenixes, I was simply replying to the whiners who said bees and phoenixes. If they mentioned other pets, then those will also be mentioned.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i wonder why no ''GM'' answer at this post... sorry but you will make quite all wr,wb since they are almost useless in tw now... ''ty'' for patch you only ruined the TW....b:angry
    I feel bad for all wb,wr ...b:surrender

Because it's the weekend and the admins don't work in the weekend.

So, if I got it right, now there is no need for strategy in TW. The winner is the one who rush the fastest to the enemy crystal and destroy it. No need to build towers...So eveyrone spur up you aviation gears!

Additional changes incoming to PWI :

1 - The new TW map will now be a big empty cube with 2 crystals at opposing end.
    2 - New cash shop items : F16 and MIG aerogears and Air-Air missiles.
    3 - The game will now be renamed to FFM (Flying For Money)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Because it's the weekend and the admins don't work in the weekend.

So, if I got it right, now there is no need for strategy in TW. The winner is the one who rush the fastest to the enemy crystal and destroy it. No need to build towers...So eveyrone spur up you aviation gears!

Additional changes incoming to PWI :

1 - The new TW map will now be a big empty cube with 2 crystals at opposing end.
    2 - New cash shop items : F16 and MIG aerogears and Air-Air missiles.
    3 - The game will now be renamed to FFM (Flying For Money)

Really cant figure out where you got that they dont work today. I posted a ticket about this and got answer in about 1 hour... Found above your post a bit... So at least someone in support side is working at weekends too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ultima999 wrote: »
    Hmm... so many whiners here... all for the wrong reasons.

1. Flying in TW gives attackers more advantages?

WRONG.

Both defenders and attackers can fly. If you complain about attacking archers can fly over and kill all your mages, then HAVE YOUR OWN ARCHERS FLY to defend/attack as well.
    Attackers aren't trying to protect a crystal. Defenders have to stop attacks on it from every direction now.

and you fialed to mention how flying in TW removes the use of any melee character since we cant meat walll anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    thom wrote: »
    Really cant figure out where you got that they dont work today. I posted a ticket about this and got answer in about 1 hour... Found above your post a bit... So at least someone in support side is working at weekends too.

Admins and support staff are two different things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Most of you people are stupid. You can't fly very high, in fact you can barely fly higher than the wall. You can't dodge the tower or anything. I can tell you one thing and UL didn't lose because CQ could fly, they lost because they simply couldn't kill CQ.

There was about 2 or 3 CQ people who were flying in the war, you had some too except we were smart enough to kill them. Oh, and if people are dumb enough to fly in the war their damage is halved while the people on the ground can hit the people in the air for full damage.
  • ultima999
    edited October 2008
    Attackers aren't trying to protect a crystal. Defenders have to stop attacks on it from every direction now.

and you fialed to mention how flying in TW removes the use of any melee character since we cant meat walll anymore

First of all, in TW, both sides are attackers as well as defenders... it's not one side attacking, and one side defending. That only factors in when the 3 hours expired, then the current land owner wins.

Meat wall is a stupid way to play a war ( ie: burning charms and heiros - wasting money.). An analogy is looking back in history during the 1800s where the soldiers line up in front and shoot each other out. Whoever got more standing after the firing is over, wins. Compare that to the more current real warfare with airplanes, bombs, missiles, etc... and you get my drift..

Flying in TW does not make melees obsolete unless they make flying catapults (equivalent to nukes in current real warfare).

Melees are still needed to defend and attack catapults' pullers on ground. If you think that you can win TW by simply fly straight to the crystal with your fastest gears, then you're for a big surprise.
  • Reigha - Heavens Tear
    Reigha - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ok, there are conflicting veiw pionts and hard information on what is and isnt alowed in a flying TW. Here are some questions I have for Admins, Gms, Support, and other general players who have experienced the Flying TW.

#1 How high can you fly?

#2 What flying pets are allowed?

#3 Can a solo person attack a Crystal?

#4 Whith the Half damage from flying, does that effect pets too?

If you have any really good questions please post them. I probably forgot alot that really need to be answered, considering our guild is fighting 2 TW's tonight.