Strongest class

Options

Comments

• robertjanvaneijk
    robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Er... no, actually, the Blade Tempest is the strongest. The fire spell. The Earth spell just looks like it's stronger(in numbers).

And the 8k comes from the Mag.-Dmg bonus plus the base weapon damage plus the mastery bonus. You can easily get over 9k base damage if you're a pure Mag type.

Wow ok thanks. Why is that fire skill better btw, it has 300% less and +6000 damage less :P
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Fire doom example: Pre buff:
    *The weapon, let's say, has 2k base matk on it.
    2(8k + 200% + 6200)= 36400 damage

After buff:
    2(16k + 200% + 6200)= 52400 damage

Earth Doom=

Base: 16k(with buff)
    500%(weapon):10k
    Spell: 12.1k

= 30.1k w/o buff
    = 38.1k with buff

Numbers.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The level 100 skills requires level 109 cultivation, taken from PW-China. Not sure about the mats required to craft the book i think it comes from either 99fb or 109fb.

In order to upgrade all your skills to heaven or hell version, you must have level 99 cultivation(big fairy). With the exception of the first couple skills in your tree.

The first couple skill books drops fom 89 fb, then couple more skill books are availible in 99fb, and the doom skills and mastery skills are only availible in 109fb(but you can use at level 99, it was designed to be used at level 109, but PW-China changed it so it's achivable).
    *The weapon, let's say, has 2k base matk on it.
    2(8k + 200% + 6200)= 36400 damage

After buff:
    2(16k + 200% + 6200)= 52400 damage

Apply the 75% reduction in pvp the figures goes to

9100 and 13100

Then apply the % reduction on a typical player around your level, for example a very crappy BM at level 100 might have 70% physical reduction and 50% magical reduction.

For the first figure, 8325 is magical damage and 775 is physical which reduces to 4162.5 and 232.5 = 4395

For the second figure, 12325 and 775 reduces to 6162.5 and 232.5 = 6395

With all those factors counted in, you'll do about 2k more damage

Keep in mind that a +12 8th military sword would give 2.3k - 2.5k Mattack, so to achive 2k Mattack on your weapon, you need to have at least +10 level 99 gold sword.
    But it is totally possible to 1 hit a BM because there have been wizards with +12 8th military weapon that 1 hit a level 100 Barbarian under the best conditions.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Alright, but my figures were for mobs. Obviously, you use the water dragon/earth spell for heavy armours. Fire for light/robes.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • seawolf
    seawolf Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The translations on that skills site aren't 100% accurate or were shortened for some odd reason. The Sage Quaff skill, Holy Moistcuring on the MY, lasts for 15 seconds. You can check the other 3 versions and the actual skill book. So 100% matk for 15 seconds is kind of like a long, weak level 1 Spark Eruption/Fury Burst. So if you want to see the effects for yourself in-game, it's easy to test with the Fury Burst and then subtract a little damage to account for the extra 100% from the Fury Burst.

faxaxue is right. Level 59 skills (those mostly 2 vigor ones) can only be upgraded with the 109 cult so it's not really something to plan on getting any time soon. The ingredients for the 100 skills, they drop from those [?] bosses roaming around the map. Those bosses also drop some G9 stones and other misc things.

With a 105 cap, most of the sage/demon skills are not really accessible anyway because they need to be farmed in 109FB (or crafted). This may include the Quaff skill but I forget off the top of my head.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Oh, that's a shame. False info ftl.

... And you only need 99culti to use the holy/dark doomspells.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Oh, that's a shame. False info ftl.

... And you only need 99culti to use the holy/dark doomspells.

Ya but you need more than level 99 to farm the books :mad:
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm wondering what's the views on blademaster, in-depth and general.
  • piebandit
    piebandit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wizard and clerics do nice damage but they die very easily.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    piebandit wrote: »
    wizard and clerics do nice damage but they die very easily.

Lolz I have a lvl 15 cleric and he never dies so far..Just use flying when you get to much damage and heal yourself in the air. You have also a good skill that reduces damage you gain on max rank with 80%..
  • ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wrong. Both the player and class come into play. An Archer will do better in PK then any other class, hands down. The differences aren't huge(though the methods used to kill are), but some classes have advantages over others... definitely.

Archer is slightly better at PK, I agree. However, lets just be fair and say if it wasn't just killing some unsuspecting person without a will to fight but a duel or TW. I'd say the classes are all pretty balanced out at high level. At least it was in MY-EN version. Each class have their own characteristics, and each class can have varying builds, so strongest class depend on the definition of "Strong". Depend on which type of damage style you are looking for; archer, blademater, and magician usually does the most damage.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ishtori wrote: »
    Archer is slightly better at PK, I agree. However, lets just be fair and say if it wasn't just killing some unsuspecting person without a will to fight but a duel or TW. I'd say the classes are all pretty balanced out at high level. At least it was in MY-EN version. Each class have their own characteristics, and each class can have varying builds, so strongest class depend on the definition of "Strong". Depend on which type of damage style you are looking for; archer, blademater, and magician usually does the most damage.

Hmm there are always classes that have a hard time leveling but are good in support, and there are classes that level extremely fast and own in pvp but can
  • betch
    betch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    With my experiences, archers defiantly hit very hard, especially with their great critical rate.

I guess the highest magical damage would go to the mage, and if at level 89 and go for hell cultivation, I've heard more then once that mages become one of the best PvP classes.

Defence would go to WereBeast for their ultra high HP, although I believe WR still have alot more physical defence.

All classes ahve something special to offer, that's what makes Perfect World great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Sheik
    Class: Bard
    Guild: Immortals
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    betch wrote: »
    With my experiences, archers defiantly hit very hard, especially with their great critical rate.

I guess the highest magical damage would go to the mage, and if at level 89 and go for hell cultivation, I've heard more then once that mages become one of the best PvP classes.

Defence would go to WereBeast for their ultra high HP, although I believe WR still have alot more physical defence.

All classes ahve something special to offer, that's what makes Perfect World great.

WR? Whats that?
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    WR? Whats that?

Warrior

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    russel wrote: »
    Define strongest.
    Go for WB if you don't want to be ganked. a WB with Hiero hard to take out alone.
    If you want to kill fast go for WF. In future patch WF can buy godly pets. Heard it's overpowered as fu ck.

really? bcoz if its true yes, wf will be overpowered as hell nothing to do against Phoenix pet.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    stryke wrote: »
    really? bcoz if its true yes, wf will be overpowered as hell nothing to do against Phoenix pet.

How strong is phoenix pet? What is his damage?
  • piebandit
    piebandit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lolz I have a lvl 15 cleric and he never dies so far..Just use flying when you get to much damage and heal yourself in the air. You have also a good skill that reduces damage you gain on max rank with 80%..

noone dies at the low levels lol
  • theforester
    theforester Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Full attak clerics are pretty strong bc they can deal alot of damage and cast buff and debuff spells. Here's a pretty good on how to build a strong cleric: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=11781
  • Biowolf - Lost City
    Biowolf - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    WB forever :)
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    WB and BM are the strongest characters cause they have the most str b:chuckle
  • Jyotina - Sanctuary
    Jyotina - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think every class is good, and no class will ever be the best. The only thing you can do is choose a class that plays to your strengths to get to the top. Some people play awesome casters, but suck at close range. Some play very good up close attackers, but suck at casters/range. So it is based off of what you are best at.

(Please take a moment to help me in the fight.)
    http://s11.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=60011
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    In my opinion,

Best Class= One with the best equips
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In my opinion,

Best Class= One with the best equips

the best answer so far....(well, if u put aside veno's pet)

Veno = High dmg in phy atk (pet), mid high dmg in mag (char) and have alot of debuffs, BUT
    its only applicable in 1 v.s 1, prankly, veno arent that good in a team battles aside from their deflect skill which is very annoying to phy dmg dealers and their debuff.

Mage = Highest magic dmg in game (if u will look at later level), no doubt about that.

Clerics = mid high dmg in game (later level), best support skills.

BM = mid high dmg in Phyatk and a mid power tank (regarding phy dmg dealer)

WB = highest HP in game (the meat shield in game) mid Phyatk.

Archers = Highest Phyatk dmg dealer in game (mid-later lvl) and good for aggroing boss too :)

so thers is it, i showed u all of classes pros in every aspect.
  • elitewonderer
    elitewonderer Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    in my opinion and have been reached to lv 100+ with warrior/archer/priest
    warrior decent dmg good def
    archer hard hits.. good evasion=good pvp char pvm eh alright
    priest dmg is good self supporting good party suppor greatest solo eh not so much
    wear fox easyiest to play becouse u always have a tank+dmg is like the mages so decently high but look out for wood resist
    wear beast best tank can take even the hardest monsters in game if built right good agro holder down fall.. for the def and being hard to kill .. he is just a tank support char like the priest.. he holds the agro but doesn't dish the dmg out ..
    hope this over view of each char helps everyone
    and decicdeing who u wanna be in the long run
    almost forgot .. mages well still working on theroy of the battle mage.. means heavy armor =dec def mid magic attack i think might be able to easly solo stuff later in game i call other one's paper mages .. thay are easy to hurt but pack a powerful punk persay..but if u can even that out dmg and def u got all around char for risistant monsters u'll face later on
  • xxxwolfteamxxx
    xxxwolfteamxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think barbarian is the strongest class http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Necro....Let a mod please close this thread.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    inb4threadclosed4necro b:victory
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    now we have direct answer to this question. strongest class - overpowered fishes.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    What do you people think thats the strongest class for level 1-20
    It's gonna sound baised but:

Psychic wins.
    Lonely man with a big heart.