Strongest class

Options

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, actually, they are better in damage. The Cyclone/Gush, Pyrogram/Quill, and Mountain Press/Galactic Storm are the only things that compare. Plus, if you have the holy book for the Wellspring Quaff, you have a buff that doubles your damage for 30 minutes... and gives 60% extra max mana, too.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Yeah, actually, they are better in damage. The Cyclone/Gush, Pyrogram/Quill, and Mountain Press/Galactic Storm are the only things that compare. Plus, if you have the holy book for the Wellspring Quaff, you have a buff that doubles your damage for 30 minutes... and gives 60% extra max mana, too.

you mean mages or clerics and how do I get that book and on what level?
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wizards > Clerics for damage. That book is available in D99 and you can use it at level 92.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wizards easily outdo clerics in damage when it comes to skills. Not only do they have three elements so their chances of getting bonus damage in much better, but in their skills they always have a higher matk multiplier in their skills. When a cleric is left with 100% matk, a wizard gets one spell that does 200%. When a cleric gets a spell that has 200%, wizards already have spells with 300%, and same with the ultimates when a cleric has 400% the wizard has 500%. About wellspring quaff, isn't that buff only 30 seconds as well? I don't remember it lasting 30 minutes.

If you ask me, barbarians are the best at PvP easily. A crappy barbarian can still do good in PvP, but a decent barbarian can rule the PvP world easily. The only reason why is because they have ungodly HP so they are hard to take down. You people probably think archer because you're used to seeing Ne0 running around with a level 100 bow thats +ed up out the wazoo and killing everyone in a few shots. Barbarians can do the same at level 90 with the gold HH axes.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    haiz wrote: »
    Wizards easily outdo clerics in damage when it comes to skills. Not only do they have three elements so their chances of getting bonus damage in much better, but in their skills they always have a higher matk multiplier in their skills. When a cleric is left with 100% matk, a wizard gets one spell that does 200%. When a cleric gets a spell that has 200%, wizards already have spells with 300%, and same with the ultimates when a cleric has 400% the wizard has 500%. About wellspring quaff, isn't that buff only 30 seconds as well? I don't remember it lasting 30 minutes.

If you ask me, barbarians are the best at PvP easily. A crappy barbarian can still do good in PvP, but a decent barbarian can rule the PvP world easily. The only reason why is because they have ungodly HP so they are hard to take down. You people probably think archer because you're used to seeing Ne0 running around with a level 100 bow thats +ed up out the wazoo and killing everyone in a few shots. Barbarians can do the same at level 90 with the gold HH axes.

Ah k I only checked the first spell pyrogram vs Feather Arrows those are both 100% and the the wizard deals only 200 more damge :). And I think you mean barbarian with weapon spec and not tiger? Yeah those could be very strong with the right damage and easy overdamage all other classes Sage Perdition rocks (http://perso.numericable.fr/ecatomb/pw/skillpwi.html), the only thing is that I don't know how much HP and Mana they have so i can't calculate the damage :P Only real problem is that they have a bigger chance to miss with attacks I thought. Or am I wrong?
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think that werebeast is the strongest, it has the most health and paired with an elf priest it is nearly unstopable (unless matched against something 2x+ levels higher)
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    elite wrote: »
    I think that werebeast is the strongest, it has the most health and paired with an elf priest it is nearly unstopable (unless matched against something 2x+ levels higher)

But werebeast is bad in damage....
  • lnodiv
    lnodiv Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Regarding wiz doing more damage than FA clerics, I'm just wondering what debuffs Wiz have. Because The cleric gets ones that greatly increase magic or physical damage dealt.
    Not disputing that they do more damage, just wondering if they have similar debuffs.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lnodiv wrote: »
    Regarding wiz doing more damage than FA clerics, I'm just wondering what debuffs Wiz have. Because The cleric gets ones that greatly increase magic or physical damage dealt.
    Not disputing that they do more damage, just wondering if they have similar debuffs.

I know my cleric outdamaged all types of classes that had same level and even 1 or 2 lvl's higher. But we talk about lvl 50+
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lnodiv wrote: »
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I've seen a lot of responses saying wiz do the most magic damage.
    Granted I'm still low level but...
    *prepares for flame fest*
    My FA cleric has outdamaged and taken agro from all 3 same level wizards I've duo quested with.
    And except under circumstances where I had multiple mobs on me, I have never had to kite.

*sigh*... alright!

1. Wizards have bad base stats, but good growths. This means they get more powerful later on.
    c. Wizards have more high-levelled offensive skills than Clerics do. These skills have great base damage(better than Cleric damage) and superb growths.
    12. Your build probably differs in Mag. to those Wizards you were outdamaging.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    *sigh*... alright!

1. Wizards have bad base stats, but good growths. This means they get more powerful later on.
    c. Wizards have more high-levelled offensive skills than Clerics do. These skills have great base damage(better than Cleric damage) and superb growths.
    12. Your build probably differs in Mag. to those Wizards you were outdamaging.

From what level a blademaster outdamage a Cleric? And which class does more damage a blademaster or a wizard till lvl 20 and lvl 20+. And is a Venomancer not supposed to do more damage then a cleric which is supposed to heal primary :P Cause venemancers could have pets which deal lots damage if you have a good one and they've good spells :P
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    From what level a blademaster outdamage a Cleric? Never.And which class does more damage a blademaster or a wizard till lvl 20 Wizard.and lvl 20+Wizardm. And is a Venomancer not supposed to do more damage then a cleric which is supposed to heal primary :P Not alone. The combined total is better than a Cleric, though. Cause venemancers could have pets which deal lots damage if you have a good one and they've good spells :PIt's commonly said that Venos are overpowered.

I don't know how Venos and BMs got into this, but w/e.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I don't know how Venos and BMs got into this, but w/e.

2 things :P why a blademaster never deals more damage then a cleric while thery're supposed to deal much damage? Why are Venomancers overpowered is this in damage or...?
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Blademasters: Blademasters: Valuable for their stuns, buff, and can deal good damage with a berserk weapon. 90Gold sword=pwnage for bosses.
    Venomancers: Pets.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Blademasters: Blademasters: Valuable for their stuns, buff, and can deal good damage with a berserk weapon. 90Gold sword=pwnage for bosses.

And how is the damage of a barbarian? Do they deal more damage then a blademaster, a cleric or a venomancer? cause they have serious hard attacks when not in tiger form (tigerform is bad for damage)
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No.

As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • lnodiv
    lnodiv Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I know my cleric outdamaged all types of classes that had same level and even 1 or 2 lvl's higher. But we talk about lvl 50+

As did my FA cleric @ around level 30. Still wondering on higher levels though.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sage Wizards have a buff that doubles their magic attack and increases their max mana by 60% for a half an hour.

/thread
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sage Wizards have a buff that doubles their magic attack and increases their max mana by 60% for a half an hour.

/thread

How long is the cooldown of that buff and when do you get it?
  • rizlaz
    rizlaz Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i <3 my Cleric
    [SIGPIC]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7927/rizlazsignaturefh0.png[/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Rizlaz
    Class: Cleric
    Level: N/A
    Server: Lost City (For OB)
    Guild :Guardians
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    3 seconds cooldown, 1 spark cost, level 92.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    3 seconds cooldown, 1 spark cost, level 92.

And it increases your damage with 100% or...?
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yes. I already said that a number of times in various places, including on this thread.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yes. I already said that a number of times in various places, including on this thread.

So a spell that does normaly 500% from weapon damage and +14k=..... damage and with this spell it doubles, so you deal over +28k aditional damage and 1000% weapon damage? That would be a bit to much i think...
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options

Ow i see already why they're overpowered :P your pet easy kills 1 mob while you kill a second one in the same time :) Those pets deal realy much damage :P I have a lvl 5 wolf that has 150 psychal damage although he hits the mobs that are the same lvl as he is for 30 every second :P....
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It doubles the base MAtk, not the total. So, let's say I have 8k base. That'd be 16k base after the buff.

Fire doom example: Pre buff:
    *The weapon, let's say, has 2k base matk on it.
    2(8k + 200% + 6200)= 36400 damage

After buff:
    2(16k + 200% + 6200)= 52400 damage

As you can see, for only the cost of one fury(lasts for a half an hour and gives 60% extra mana too) you've gained 16k extra damage on your fire doomspell.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It doubles the base MAtk, not the total. So, let's say I have 8k base. That'd be 16k base after the buff.

Fire doom example: Pre buff:
    *The weapon, let's say, has 2k base matk on it.
    2(8k + 200% + 6200)= 36400 damage

After buff:
    2(16k + 200% + 6200)= 52400 damage

As you can see, for only the cost of one fury(lasts for a half an hour and gives 60% extra mana too) you've gained 16k extra damage on your fire doomspell.

Hmm where does the 8k come from? I know the 2k comes from your weapon but..
    Could you make your excample 1 time more with this skill:

Sage Mountain's Seize Level 11
    Range: 30.0 meters
    Mana: 655
    Channel: 5.0 seconds
    Cast: 1.4 seconds
    Cooldown: 30.0 seconds
    Weapon: Unarmed, Magic Instruments
    Requisite Cultivation: Celestial Sage
    Use all of one's energy to invoke the spirit of the Mountain. Slams the target and all enemies 12.0 meters around the target dealing Earth damage equal to base magic attack plus 500% of weapon damage plus 12149.0. Has a 95% chance to stun all enemies for 6.0 seconds.
    Requires 2 Spark to cast.
    Sage version has a 50% chance to cast at a cost of only one Spark.
    (http://perso.numericable.fr/ecatomb/pw/skillpwi.html)
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Base: 16k(with buff)
    500%(weapon):10k
    Spell: 12.1k

= 38.1k damage
    = 30.1k w/o buff
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Base: 16k(with buff)
    500%(weapon):10k
    Spell: 12.1k

= 38.1k damage
    = 30.1k w/o buff

Thanks I still don't get the point where the 8k comes from, the 8k increase is very nice and this is current the strongest skill of a Wizard so ownage :P And its even 25% more from the earth mastery skill for sage :P
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Er... no, actually, the Blade Tempest is the strongest. The fire spell. The Earth spell just looks like it's stronger(in numbers).

And the 8k comes from the Mag.-Dmg bonus plus the base weapon damage plus the mastery bonus. You can easily get over 9k base damage if you're a pure Mag type.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.