Concerns About Cash Shop Pricing

Comments

• dankmonkey
    dankmonkey Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    That's is the dumbest and most insulting explanation yet for Zen prices. And to make it worse after sending a email with Screen Shot of me hitting lvl 40 I still cant get my free Zen, sorry but what the hell? I feel scammed. So I basically got screwed 2 times by you guys. I will take my money to PW-MY and not spend a cent here, now. KARMA, you should know the word. Stick that in your Zen !!!!:mad:
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i repeat this company is using a risky and crappy marketing strategy...maybe hire any economical expert..you cant increase product price for gain more money, increasing product price when you are not in monopolio(when only you in the world make a product) is a big failure, people will move for get cheaper service(same service).

decreasing CS price this company will gain way more money because therere will be more high demand...if a person has a budget of 60 dollars will buy 60 dollars of CS doesnt matter if 1 hiero cost 5 dollars or 1 dollar he always will spend max 60 dollars because this is his budget so increasing cash shop price only will do unhappy this person...

how much this company spend for make cash item??NOTHING they are virtual item...so why you dont want to sell more high ammount of cash item for lower price and make happy community??if 10 people buy 1 virtual shirt for 30 dollars u gain 300 dollars if 50 people buy same virtual shirt for 10 dollars(1/3) you gain 500 dollars...so now this company rather to earn 300 dollars or 500 dollars????your marketing strategy totally fail so i suggest of decrease fast cash item price.....
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Let's look at the prices of Charms (Heirograms) in some of the other regions that have a comparable GDP to the United States:

Silver Charm
    Japan - 300 Yen = $2.81
    Korea - 3000 Won = $2.95
    US - $2.50 USD

Initially we had our price for Silver Charms set to $3.00, as that was the standard set across the world for countries with similar GDP. However after hearing some of your feedback, we changed it to $2.50 at the launch of Open Beta.

Glad to see you are ignoring our opinions after asking us to post them, at least when you don't have a job anymore you will know why. I refuse to play or pay any money to you until a change has been made, and I have a decent sized group of people I know in real life that will be doing the same. Enjoy your failing company if you don't start listening to your community, I won't support a company that ignores its customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mudeater
    mudeater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well I logged out hoping to see a new post on forums saying there was a solution for pricing, instead there is this, tbh it seems like the main point of the players has been completely ignored.

More players who buy cheap item = more money for you. So why must we be convinced to pay these high prices still?

This issue has significantly reduced my will to play this game, it's in the back of my head when I play and it's annoying, so I was hoping it would be resolved quickly, to something like a 50% cut on everything, making everyone happy.

Instead I'm starting to lose faith, at this point it feels it's gonna take a while to resolve, and the company seem greedy, I bet it will take like a week to for a 50 cents reduction here and there. Don't really feel like logging back in the game atm, I like to use cash shop 50$ here and there when I can, but im not gonna be investing hundreds of dollars each months in a game when I can log in a p2p game for 15$, and have access to everything.

F2P are becoming ridiculous, hey guy pay 30$ for an inventory (normal game feature), hey guy pay us 50$ for costumes so you dont look like a cheap clone of everyone else, hey well reduce exp to unplayable so you buy tons of exp bonus, well charge you 30$ to reset your stats (free in the best p2p MMO i wont name).

I know you need to make money but it feels more and more like abuse, and just spending money on normal features that are just taken out of the game as hostage to be bought back trough cash shop.
  • daveee
    daveee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Honesly, I would've bought many items on the cash shop, along with my friend, but seeing the prices, both of us will not be able to buy anything. I'm reiterating for everyone, but PWE seriously needs to lower the prices. Many valuable customers will not pay a cent with the ridiculous prices.
    Server: Lost City
    Barbarian 3x
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    daveee wrote: »
    Honesly, I would've bought many items on the cash shop, along with my friend, but seeing the prices, both of us will not be able to buy anything. I'm reiterating for everyone, but PWE seriously needs to lower the prices. Many valuable customers will not pay a cent with the ridiculous prices.

Exactially, many of us including myself had our wallets out and ready to spread some support for the company via the cash shop but when we realized how little we can get with our money we had to earn one way or another, we decided to not spend any at all. Instead of spending $100.00 for some random fun to be wasted in a week or two, I spent $00.00 and kept my $100.00 to spend supporting a different company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • greystok
    greystok Posts: 62
    edited September 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    Exactially, many of us including myself had our wallets out and ready to spread some support for the company via the cash shop but when we realized how little we can get with our money we had to earn one way or another, we decided to not spend any at all. Instead of spending $100.00 for some random fun to be wasted in a week or two, I spent $00.00 and kept my $100.00 to spend supporting a different company.

agreed it may already be to late.... alot of trust has been lost by many in the company
  • bumbar
    bumbar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    what puzzles me is what the heck makes them think that someone will actually play this version (or to be more precise - buy their VIRTUAL! gold)?
    With like 8 other versions already out and another international coming in no more than a few weeks, ALL of them with lower prices than this one... it really makes me wonder which one will people choose... :eek:

And for gods sake stop using freaking GPD as your main argument. ITS VIRTUAL property youre
    trying to sell to us. YOU HAVE NO REAL COSTS MAKING IT, ditto.

If it was a house youre trying to sell, well - fine. If its worth 100.000 in MY its probably 300.000 in US. But you are 'trying' to sell something that does not require ANY effort or money to make and it simply does not make any sense to bring GPD into this discussion.

Yes, you do have to pay your employers. And no, you wont be able to pay them with current gold-$ ratio.
    Simple maths, which none of you obviously considered, as it looks like there are only two things which influenced CS prices - GPD and umm... GPD.
    10x 50$ < 100x 10$

cheers, and please dont try to start your own business. I can already see it coming -

some random poor guy
    "Hi, can i have a #%."
    uberbusinessman, wont name him here
    "of course, here is your #% - 2$ please."
    rich guy standing aside, after its his turn to buy absolutely the same darn thing
    "Hi, can i have 1 #% too, please"
    uberbussinesman
    "sure thing, here it is. 6$ please"

:o
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Okay listen up,
    I thought this was Perfect World International version not PW America. Take note that people from Africa will also be playing this game. in which case how do you expect their economy to bolt up to your prices. Africa's GDP is like down the scale...

When you decided to brand your version as INTERNATIONAL you should have seen this coming. I don't want to go deep into the GDP stuff, that's just lame excuse. Those guys are not your customers, we are... and if you wish to make anything called a "profit" i deeply suggest you start bending towards us and not make us dance to your tune, we can assure you that only the music will be playing.
    The goal of your job is to satisfy us not your organisation, by management principles it's never possible ^^

With games like Aion, Diablo 3 about to launch soon, most people who decide to play PWI would just play without using the cash shop and switch over to the new game which never had hidden values about their prices. Right now your only competition is PW-MY, soon you'll have PW-Europe and then a year later Aion and Diablo 3, which means you'll loose EU players in the short run and American players in the long run. Asians will just stick to MY and other countries have their own.

so much for Global rates ^^ I'll play PWI without the cash shop till D3 is launched if this is the final decision on your rates ;)

Its like this, if your rates are lesser than MY version you'll have more people playing in the future. If you have the same rates as MY version... you'll have the current population and may gain a few customers in the future, if your rates are heigher than MY version... you'll just loose all the people here to MY, EU and new games in the future.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • ruve
    ruve Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I thought America's unemployment rate has been the highest it's been since Regan. Did you guys even bother checking the percentage of unemployed/employed Americans?

xarfox you and your companies rationalization for the prices sounds like a cash shop scam to me.

It confuses me how a f2p game can and will cost more then 15 bucks a month to play.
    Aka if you want to make it to 50 by this weekend, you will need cash shop items I am sure. I'm 20 already and meditating sucks. So I see the reasoning for buying the goodies from the CS to stay competitive with leveling. But when you people buy from it no matter the pricing your supporting this company to abuse you, your money, and everyone else that plays this game. So if you truly care about this games well being and want to keep a fairly large and diverse community then stop driving us away by supporting them by buying their overpriced CS items.

Currently World of Warcraft is cheaper then this game. Which I find funny as hell because at least with WoW I can customize my key bindings.

All insults aside I like the newness this game has for me. It's fun so far, but who knows? I won't be purchasing any CS stuff as long as it's this high. It's completely silly and you guys are being greedy.
    IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
    Server ~ Lost City
    420ifur
  • janppah
    janppah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    prices lower people buys more for sure!!!! if prices are like this how aoe partys gonna work? Cleric can use GOLDEN hiero (900k mana) 4 h in aoe if spam mana pots too...lvl 80+ 3% from one aoe if use exp scroll...count there how many hieros you need to get lvl :D just why its so difficult? i was buying in PW MY 2 times month cubis...here none!!
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I understand the feelings of the mayority here.
    A new PW publisher is coming out and they will be based in the States. Less lag and better translation was expected. Ppl fed up of the lag and the support of Cubizone ditched their char and waited anxiously for CB.
    Wow even a PVE server is coming up, this publisher is the best!!! Wot??? Publisher is linked with the makers of the game. Now we expect real cheap prices. And due to the IP block we don't have to face those damn asians. Yeah a game for us Westerners, I didn't understand why they had to play the MY-EN version but now
    we finally have our own version.
    Wow they said they have a business strategy where PVE is profitable.... This publisher is the best!!!
    What??? 4 servers are cming out. Man this communbity rocks. No buggy game anymore and let's start topics to predict the Cubi prices. I'd say they will be cheaper than MY. Why else I sold my lvl100 WR.
    WTF WR is blademaster? But I plan to make a fist blademaster......
    Dumb translation but who cares. This publisher rocks, all those nice admins here promising us the world.
    OOhh CB is out. WTF!!!!!!!
    No PVE server.... Damn those bas tards. Uuuhh what? When CB almost closed we hear a price is rewarded for ppl reaching lvl40.....
    Fu ck that. I created different classes to determine if I should continue with fist blademaster or switch to other class..... Wut??? Zhen is freaking expensive. Slver Hiero cost me 3 box??? Hell no let's complain.
    Oohhh luckily the admins reassure us these prices are not fixed yet. But how about their business model?? Oohhh who cares prices will be cheaper when OB goes live.
    OOh man OB is finally live... Where is my promised Zhen??? What Silver Hiero cost 2.5 dollars.........
    ??? Only 2 servers instead of 4...

Mmmhhh looks like it was too good to be true afterall.......
    Or were my expectations too high??
  • syndicatearts
    syndicatearts Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Not to mention the people that have bought mall items on other versions can't get there stuff transferred. I wasn't too worried about it because I thought the prices were going to be the same but now I see this and I'm not willing to pay 3 times more for the stuff I already have.

American companies need to be making more money but charging these amounts makes people want to spend more money on the MY server, exporting more money out of America degrading our economy even more. Nice to see how patriotic you guys are. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

The only good thing I have seen so far is that monsters seem to get one less hit on me. Everything else like font changes I can do with out but the name changes are just confusing people and rendering all the guides and databases useless. Are you going to create new guides and databases for us? No? Then why would I want to give you my money?

Why is this even called a beta? All it is, is the MY server with different font, names and dialog. Should be called MY server v2.0. I at least expected to see things from the Asian versions that had not been put into the English versions. What a rip.

WTH?! Why is it that every time an F2P game makes its way to the US, the developers always have sell to the company that knows squat about marketing. OMG guys, take a freeking business course at a community college! Why do you think Walmart rules the world? Because they charge 3 times more then other stores? NO! Even though they practically monopolized the whole world they still charge low prices. Why? Because they relize that getting a million people to spend $1 is a lot better then getting a hundred-thousand to spend $3. No one complains, they make more money and they don't loose customers. HINT*
    Bet you if you had to deal with REAL people instead of just text you'd lower your prices. I do it every day. You never imagine how low you would charge for something until you have a 4'5" 43yo woman rake you over the coals for charging her $1 more then what she thinks she should pay.

Supply and demand. Your supplying us with a load of **** and we are demanding a better prices. LOL! I actualy like that line.

PS. If you don't like the prices, don't just leave.... Sit around in the server 24/7 doing nothing but taking up bandwidth. Peaceful Protest! If they do not like it and kick us off, then we will let the gaming media deal with it.
    :confused:Archo-um-a... The city formally known as DRAGON:confused:
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    russel wrote: »
    I understand the feelings of the mayority here.
    A new PW publisher is coming out and they will be based in the States. Less lag and better translation was expected. Ppl fed up of the lag and the support of Cubizone ditched their char and waited anxiously for CB.
    Wow even a PVE server is coming up, this publisher is the best!!! Wot??? Publisher is linked with the makers of the game. Now we expect real cheap prices. And due to the IP block we don't have to face those damn asians. Yeah a game for us Westerners, I didn't understand why they had to play the MY-EN version but now
    we finally have our own version.
    Wow they said they have a business strategy where PVE is profitable.... This publisher is the best!!!
    What??? 4 servers are cming out. Man this communbity rocks. No buggy game anymore and let's start topics to predict the Cubi prices. I'd say they will be cheaper than MY. Why else I sold my lvl100 WR.
    WTF WR is blademaster? But I plan to make a fist blademaster......
    Dumb translation but who cares. This publisher rocks, all those nice admins here promising us the world.
    OOhh CB is out. WTF!!!!!!!
    No PVE server.... Damn those bas tards. Uuuhh what? When CB almost closed we hear a price is rewarded for ppl reaching lvl40.....
    Fu ck that. I created different classes to determine if I should continue with fist blademaster or switch to other class..... Wut??? Zhen is freaking expensive. Slver Hiero cost me 3 box??? Hell no let's complain.
    Oohhh luckily the admins reassure us these prices are not fixed yet. But how about their business model?? Oohhh who cares prices will be cheaper when OB goes live.
    OOh man OB is finally live... Where is my promised Zhen??? What Silver Hiero cost 2.5 dollars.........
    ??? Only 2 servers instead of 4...

Mmmhhh looks like it was too good to be true afterall.......
    Or were my expectations too high??

Sounds like Rohan with less asians!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ruve wrote: »
    I thought America's unemployment rate has been the highest it's been since Regan. Did you guys even bother checking the percentage of unemployed/employed Americans?

xarfox you and your companies rationalization for the prices sounds like a cash shop scam to me.

It confuses me how a f2p game can and will cost more then 15 bucks a month to play.
    Aka if you want to make it to 50 by this weekend, you will need cash shop items I am sure. I'm 20 already and meditating sucks. So I see the reasoning for buying the goodies from the CS to stay competitive with leveling. But when you people buy from it no matter the pricing your supporting this company to abuse you, your money, and everyone else that plays this game. So if you truly care about this games well being and want to keep a fairly large and diverse community then stop driving us away by supporting them by buying their overpriced CS items.

Currently World of Warcraft is cheaper then this game. Which I find funny as hell because at least with WoW I can customize my key bindings.

All insults aside I like the newness this game has for me. It's fun so far, but who knows? I won't be purchasing any CS stuff as long as it's this high. It's completely silly and you guys are being greedy.

No, the unemployment rates are lower than they were when Reagan took office and lower than the beginning of Clinton's time in office. Econmoies are cyclical.. expansion and contraction. By historical standards unemployment is fine.

We're in an election year so count on the news networks to preach gloom and doom. It's like having had 3 hot girlfriends and now you only have 2... life is not so bad, stop watching the news, that **** will depress you.

Times are not as good as they were and energy costs are high, but things are improving and will improve. The sky is not falling.

YEAR.............LABOR FORCE.......EMPLOYED......UNEMPLOYED......UNEMP RATE
    2008 YTD Average 153,937,000 145,661,286 8,275,714 5.4%
    2007 153,167,750 146,093,917 7,073,833 4.6%
    2006 151,427,583 144,427,000 7,000,583 4.6%
    2005 149,297,833 141,707,250 7,590,583 5.1%
    2004 147,401,000 139,252,000 8,149,000 5.5%
    2003 146,510,000 137,736,000 8,774,000 6.0%
    2002 144,863,000 136,485,000 8,378,000 5.8%
    2001 143,734,000 136,933,000 6,801,000 4.7%
    2000 142,583,000 136,891,000 5,692,000 4.0%
    1999 139,368,000 133,488,000 5,880,000 4.2%
    1998 137,673,000 131,463,000 6,210,000 4.5%
    1997 136,297,000 129,558,000 6,739,000 4.9%
    1996 133,943,000 126,708,000 7,236,000 5.4%
    1995 132,304,000 124,900,000 7,404,000 5.6%
    1994 131,056,000 123,060,000 7,996,000 6.1%
    1993 129,200,000 120,259,000 8,940,000 6.9%
    1992 128,105,000 118,492,000 9,613,000 7.5%
    1991 126,346,000 117,718,000 8,628,000 6.8%
    1990 125,840,000 118,793,000 7,047,000 5.6%
    1989 123,869,000 117,342,000 6,528,000 5.3%
    1988 121,669,000 114,968,000 6,701,000 5.5%
    1987 119,865,000 112,440,000 7,425,000 6.2%
    1986 117,834,000 109,597,000 8,237,000 7.0%
    1985 115,462,000 107,150,000 8,312,000 7.2%
    1984 113,544,000 105,005,000 8,539,000 7.5%
    1983 111,551,000 100,834,000 10,717,000 9.6%
    1982 110,204,000 99,526,000 10,678,000 9.7%
    1981 108,670,000 100,397,000 8,273,000 7.6%
    1980 106,940,000 99,303,000 7,637,000 7.1%
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Sounds like Rohan with less asians!
    That game is dead now, 30 ~ 70 people online thats it
    severan wrote: »
    Okay listen up,
    I thought this was Perfect World International version not PW America. Take note that people from Africa will also be playing this game. in which case how do you expect their economy to bolt up to your prices. Africa's GDP is like down the scale...

When you decided to brand your version as INTERNATIONAL you should have seen this coming. I don't want to go deep into the GDP stuff, that's just lame excuse. Those guys are not your customers, we are... and if you wish to make anything called a "profit" i deeply suggest you start bending towards us and not make us dance to your tune, we can assure you that only the music will be playing.
    The goal of your job is to satisfy us not your organisation, by management principles it's never possible ^^

With games like Aion, Diablo 3 about to launch soon, most people who decide to play PWI would just play without using the cash shop and switch over to the new game which never had hidden values about their prices. Right now your only competition is PW-MY, soon you'll have PW-Europe and then a year later Aion and Diablo 3, which means you'll loose EU players in the short run and American players in the long run. Asians will just stick to MY and other countries have their own.

so much for Global rates ^^ I'll play PWI without the cash shop till D3 is launched if this is the final decision on your rates ;)

Its like this, if your rates are lesser than MY version you'll have more people playing in the future. If you have the same rates as MY version... you'll have the current population and may gain a few customers in the future, if your rates are heigher than MY version... you'll just loose all the people here to MY, EU and new games in the future.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • nith
    nith Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bumbar wrote: »
    If it was a house youre trying to sell, well - fine. If its worth 100.000 in MY its probably 300.000 in US. But you are 'trying' to sell something that does not require ANY effort or money to make and it simply does not make any sense to bring GPD into this discussion.

:o

i wouldn't even give them that. that implies that they actually built something, where as in reality, they carbon copied the code, and translated the text. PWI HASN'T CREATED ANYTHING ORIGINAL, nothing that warrants a %300 increase in CS prices. Its like me showing you a walmart tshirt and asking for $60 for it. Completely uncalled for, and i for one, am actually offended to think that PWI thought id be naive enough to buy into this ****.

I am a 20+, educated, fully employed member of society, and i sure as **** don't have a bunch of spare cash floating around. so im definatly not dipping into my little amount of spare cash to pay someone else's salary. And, seeing as probably a good 95% of the games population are still pimply faced teens (no offense teens, just an expression) that sponge off their parents for spending money, they aren't going to be feeding your wallets either.

I will continue to play the FREE part of the game, mainly cause i like the community, but as soon as it vanishes due to this oh so very stupid move on PWI's part, im gone too.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Very true regarding GDP growth. According to the US White House, we have had a 0.2% contraction of the GDP in the fourth quarter of 2007, follow by 0.9% expansion in the first quarter of 2008, and 1.9% in the second quarter of 2008.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/commerce-dept-concedes-us-economy/story.aspx?guid={B40570D2-40FB-45BD-8920-FEC19E1A1F26}

According to the CPI, our unadjusted 12 months inflation for all urban consumers was 5.6%. Inflation of Energy alone was 29.3 percent for the past 12 months.
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm

From NBER.org, which defines US recession:
    "The NBER does not define a recession in terms of two consecutive quarters of decline in real GDP. Rather, a recession is a significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales."

Some may argue that we are in a "technical recession", because GDP growth is below inflation. The Fed chief and former chief, and NBER, have been careful in saying that we are facing recession, or a verge of recession, or slipping into a recession, but not actually confirming that we are in a recession.

On the more personal level, the GDP slowdown coupled with inflation have been very hard on many of us. Some of us, very personally, by the collapse of Bearn Stearns, or Indy Mac, having deposits of over $100,000, and millions others who have become unemployed, or have had their house foreclosed, and either face large debt, or have filed bankruptcy. Inflation, has also changed the way many of us lived, and have caused us to have tighter management of our disposable income.

Justifying setting high zen prices based on our GDP and our rate of inflation, is logical, but missing factors of alternatives and substitution that will influence the supply and demand of zen and the equilibrium market price. Don't forget, that we are in a global economy. If US residents could only buy cars from US auto makers, then GM and Ford would not be cutting back jobs and reporting losses. Just like there are alternatives from Japan and Korea for automobiles, there are and will be alternatives for Perfect World in Malaysia and Europe, both which provide English translation and are not IP blocking US citizens. In addition, Perfect World "International", is attempting to capture an international market, not just one of US residents.

Marketing should also be a consideration. Take for example, Walmart. When they had setup a new store in a rural town, they would often set prices below market value in order to drive the competing mom and pop businesses into the ground. Their business practices, while not "nice," and the municipal government often also at fault, has helped them garner according to 2008 Fortune Global 500, the title of being the world's largest public corporation by revenue.

Anyway, I do appreciate the attempt to lower prices by setting the cost of silver hierograms to $2.50, which is below the price in Perfect World Japan and Korea (even though it's not completely comparable, because unlike us, they have no licensed competitors which provide localization into Korean and Japanese, whereas we have alternatives for Perfect World translated into English.)

At least thank you for hearing us, and for the responses Xarfox!

June
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Then why is PW-EU going to be so cheap then? It's going to even cheaper than PW-MY. Nice try though. I will be keeping my money safely in my bank account unless the prices drop significantly.
  • hellmatyr
    hellmatyr Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hey can you have an alternative way to buy ZEN.
    I live in Singapore & its harder to purchase ZEN from here , so im wondering if you guys could sell zen in cards like what 9 dragons / Maplestory does which contains something like 10,000 zen each.
    I really wish that could happen:)
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So it's all about the USA after all...

You guys do realize that PW EU is gonna have cheaper prices than yours more likely similar to the ones of PW MY right? Their GM stated so many times. As far as I know Euro is worth more than a Dollar, yet they'll be able to afford cheaper prices unlike you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Bravo, I'm surprised that these people hadn't figure it out yet...
    This is an US based operation.
  • mojin
    mojin Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I have posted many times on this subject and it keeps getting moved. I believe its not so much the price of the items as it is the amount of zen you get for a $1. Compromise with us, cause guess what, without us paying for your items, the higher paid gms won't mean ****, because if your guys lose money, then you have to make staff cuts, and possibly just go bankrupt and everyone that worked on this will be out of the job anyways, so its in YOUR interest AND ours for the price of zen to be lowered or some alternative that the players will be happy with.

Oh and on a side note, the majority of people making the amount of income your facts posted, are not the people playing this game. And most likely never will play this game, if your lucky there children MIGHT play this game and if they even have money after bills and taxes then they MIGHT give a little to there kids for cash shop items.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Open your eyes; nobody wants these prices and only the whoriest of cash shop whores will deal with it.

Drop a dollar or a dollar 50 off of the heirograms or you guys might as well stop hosting the game now and cut your losses. Honestly.

Look at the responses. This is ridiculous. I've managed to get a TON of MY-EN players to move here using my reputation, but they're going to jump right back to MY-EN at this rate. And I don't blame them in the least.

Please do not nip this server in the bud. It has so much potential.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • kaeyo
    kaeyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    so...cash shop items too high and they dont seem to be changing them, every body uncomfortable about the amount of servers....
    i fear to start playing the game now...
    and many other players will fear it too if this continues
    why not they ask...
    is cool they say...
    damn internetz
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Bearing in mind, folks.. just looking at some of the cash shop item prices.. they're a whole lot cheaper than in PW-MY. Silka Deer for instance costs 20 gold here.. over there it was 44, if I recall correctly. Jag is 10 gold. Over there is was something like 22. Hieros are also slightly cheaper. Mounts are about as cost effective here as anywhere else. Whole most other things are worse, but not as bad as it might seem.

Having said that though...

Ehh.. the whole "non-corrupt GMs" part in bold makes it pretty clear that they've been looking at PW-MY in an effort to avoid making the same mistakes. But these substantially higher prices are making PW-INT run the risk of alienating a large number of paying customers. And can pretty much forget about attracting any players from outside the US.

I don't think the higher overall prices will pay off.

Everyone understands the 'need' for them. But everyone is also after the best deal for themselves. The only possible reason to play PW-INT over any other version is less lag and better service. Not sure if that's worth the extra cost.

Oh yeah, and I think the playerbase will be quite a bit smaller than was expected. One more reason people will be less likely to choose PW-INT.

But whatever.. I'm not a paying customer. I'm just planning on going where more people are.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • siege
    siege Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    While I understand your overall idea behind your statements Xarfox.. I for one refuse to pay these ridiculous prices and will simply move on to the next game. It's a shame since I enjoyed the pvp here and what not, but I will not be forced into paying crazy sums of money for a game when at level 60 and up you 'need' those items..

Not happening.. I'm officially done playing unless things change.
    For those saying well just buy less and what not, No.. If a company can't listen to their customers
    I definitely won't be giving them a cent. Prices need to be lowered.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    fuzzles wrote: »
    Bearing in mind, folks.. just looking at some of the cash shop item prices.. they're a whole lot cheaper than in PW-MY. Silka Deer for instance costs 20 gold here.. over there it was 44, if I recall correctly. Jag is 10 gold. Over there is was something like 22. Hieros are also slightly cheaper. Mounts are about as cost effective here as anywhere else. Whole most other things are worse, but not as bad as it might seem.

You're not very bright, are you? Gold here is 1 gold for $1. That's like 3x the price of MY-EN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    To me, it,s sum up to this :

MY-EN : I opened all the slots in my pet backpack
    PW-US : I will open 4 or 5 slots in my pet backpack

MY-EN : I bought a jaguar pet ride, that I later upgraded for a deer
    PW-US : I'll buy a jaguar and I will not upgrade it

MY-EN : I bought a dark fish that I later upgraded to a swan
    PW-US : I'll keep my free fish and not upgrade it

MY-EN : I bought fortune stones and dragon orbs to enhance my weapon adn armor to +3 or higher
    PW-US : I will keep my equipment at +1 or +2

MY-EN : I bought some fashions and dyes
    PW-US : I will not buy fashions and dyes

In the end, can you point out which version will have made the more money with me?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    severan wrote: »
    Okay listen up,
    I thought this was Perfect World International version not PW America.
    destruction said it best:
    Bravo, I'm surprised that these people hadn't figure it out yet...
    This is an US based operation.

The only versions of PW that can be called "International" are PW-MY-EN and the soon-to-enter-CB PW-EU.
    PW-US calling itself "International" is a joke considering they are blocking so many countries. "International" means everyone is able to play, no matter where one is connecting from.
    esux wrote: »
    Then why is PW-EU going to be so cheap then? It's going to even cheaper than PW-MY. Nice try though. I will be keeping my money safely in my bank account unless the prices drop significantly.
    Uh, where did you get the info PW-EU prices will be cheaper than PW-MY? Last thing i heard was, they were planning to set their prices around MY ones.

When the EU-GMs were asked the question what they think about the US prices and if they plan to set theirs to a similar level, this was the answer:
    Luco wrote: »
    Nein, wir sind selbst erstaunt.
    Yes, it's in german cause the question was posted in the german subsection. It translates roughly to: "No, we're surprised at their prices"

PWE's decision was a great gift to the EU company, if they are really planning to set their prices lower than PWE. ;)
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.