Concerns About Cash Shop Pricing

Comments

• syndicatearts
    syndicatearts Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The cost of operating and maintaining an MMORPG in the US is much higher than it is over in Asia.
    Are you telling me that with all of America's technology and resources, we git beat out by Malaysia when it comes to hosting servers?

The average salary staff members is much higher.
    Having enough staff to maintain optimal response times on e-mails costs money.
    Staff? What staff? Where are they? My friend accidentally locked his account and contacted a GM. After 5 HOURS he gave up and logged off! Where was your staff then?

Having enough staff to monitor in-game for bots and gold spammers costs money.
    Most MMOs use anti-bot programs that look for repetitive actions that happen at precise intervals that can only be achieved by bottling programs. Also MMOs use programs that mute players if they continually initiate world chat or use too many words in the censored list.

High speed bandwith costs money.
    WTF? I have seen home use internet service that gets enough bandwith, upload and download speed to host this game! And some start at 20$ a month!

Having GMs that are not corrupt that do not favor players or guilds costs money.
    May not favor guilds, but so far I would not say that they are not corrupt. Pulling this price BS proves that.

What I'm really upset about is NO ANSWERS, ONLY EXCUSES. If your considering what we have to say, then tell us. If your not going to listen, then let us know so you can stop waisting both our times.
    :confused:Archo-um-a... The city formally known as DRAGON:confused:
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Here is a tip ^_~ lower the item prices to the same as MY (as they are your competition as of now) and make the bulk zen amount purchase higher like the minimum amount of zen a player can purchase is for 20$.

add in bonus like, if you purchase zen for 100$ you get 5 extra gold or something... come on you can see many console game companies do this like "buy 4 DvDs at the price of 3" while they actually bundle 2 good games with 2 flops.

If you guys are worried about the income, just try this for 1 month. If you think you are getting low profit we can talk it out again, at least by then lots of people would have invested something here so they might think about quitting.

This is not a very good 1st impression... You are scaring away players who are willing to spend about 50$ every month >_>
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • xkuramax
    xkuramax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The cost of operating and maintaining an MMORPG in the US is much higher than it is over in Asia.
    Are you telling me that with all of America's technology and resources, we git beat out by Malaysia when it comes to hosting servers?

The average salary staff members is much higher.
    Having enough staff to maintain optimal response times on e-mails costs money.
    Staff? What staff? Where are they? My friend accidentally locked his account and contacted a GM. After 5 HOURS he gave up and logged off! Where was your staff then?

Having enough staff to monitor in-game for bots and gold spammers costs money.
    Most MMOs use anti-bot programs that look for repetitive actions that happen at precise intervals that can only be achieved by bottling programs. Also MMOs use programs that mute players if they continually initiate world chat or use too many words in the censored list.

High speed bandwith costs money.
    WTF? I have seen home use internet service that gets enough bandwith, upload and download speed to host this game! And some start at 20$ a month!

Having GMs that are not corrupt that do not favor players or guilds costs money.
    May not favor guilds, but so far I would not say that they are not corrupt. Pulling this price BS proves that.

What I'm really upset about is NO ANSWERS, ONLY EXCUSES. If your considering what we have to say, then tell us. If your not going to listen, then let us know so you can stop wasting both our times.

dude...you really need to chill, its "their" game they can do whatever they want and run the game to the ground if they wanted to. 2nd trust me to host a STABLE server to host games like this is not 20 bucks. If i remeber correctly when i hosted ro + lineage 2 at the same time the server cost around 60-90 bucks a month for a 500-1k population server....well population wise i think we are pass that?

Having gms or staff around? well to be honest unless you are willing to pay monthly i don't think that should be offered at all. If you work for perfect world and your a staff are you going to stay around 24/7 for like a salary of 8 or 9 dollars an hour? Games like WoW, EQ2, FF11 are all pay 2 play and their staff is like around every 2-4 hours depending on the time of day; just to check messages and gets off.

ALSO side note since i haven't been on at all, has gms posted what they are going to do or just ignoring the issue?
  • datenshisama
    datenshisama Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Ok, So here is my take on the matter, though im sure it doesn't matter. After 19 pages of complaints, only 3 replies from staff. I doubt anyone is going to take the time to read through all of this anyways. Staff members will probably never even see this message. But, in the case that they do, here is what i have to say.

I have never played any other version of PW, yet i still can't EVER see myself spending so much for so little. Lets assume thet your GDP argument means we really do have more disposable income.(which it doesn't by the way, cause of cost of living, and 90% of the income being held by 1% of the population...and i hate to see it, but that 1% doesn't play PW).

I work, i pay bill, i play games...at the end of it all, i have $50 left over to spend. That is disposable income. Now, you want all of it, that should be your goal as a company. If you want to get all of my $50, do you charge me $50 for 1 item, that i use and then have to wait another month before i can have that fun again? No, you keep me happy all month long. You give me digital items, that cost no money to impliment into the system, lots of them. That way i got my $50 worth.

All the GDP means is that there is potential income, in order to claim that income as your own, you have to offer a superior product at a superior cost. Nobody is going to give you their money for something with less value.

In my case, i don't have $50, i might have closer to $5 that i can spend on a game, and i will not be giving it to you simply because i can't buy anything worth having with it. If i could then my $5 is yours...do the math.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi Everyone,

Please keep your posts civil. Insulting PWE and making derogatory comments towards our staff does not ease this process for anyone.

There are a lot of solid arguments in this thread and we are definitely reading each and every post here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thirst
    thirst Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    45k........... i make like 22k...... then after taxes, bills........ of course if i was middle class and made 45k a year i wouldnt playin a video game i tell you that much, its cause of the 22k a year im here in first place :P

side note, i have never spent so much on a game as much as i did on MY version. :)
  • catica
    catica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    There are a lot of solid arguments in this thread and we are definitely reading each and every post here.

Can we expect an official update anytime soon? So we all know if we are just wasting our time or not.

I have stated how I felt about the issue enough now. I find it tedious to read through page after page of what everyone is saying when its all the same just to see if anything official has been said.. Just let us know if they are going to change it or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • datenshisama
    datenshisama Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I must say, im kinda of suprised that a staff post proceded me saying what i said, i do now have to take that back. I meant it in no ill maner. However, action is all that needs to be taken. There is at least several thousand dollars worth or potential income tied up in these posts, if you listened to them, then that money would fast become property of PWI. I really do want to see this game thrive, i just hope that this problem is fixed before it tanks. I have seen many games i liked vanish due to poor managment. May i direct your attention to Hellgate: London, and the MMO they were producing called Mythos, which would have given Diablo stiff compitetion. They no longer exist. Would be a shame to see this game go the same way, at least to you, all it means to the customers is that they goto the EU or MY-en version.
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi Everyone,

Please keep your posts civil. Insulting PWE and making derogatory comments towards our staff does not ease this process for anyone.

I <3 Xarfox

I don't know what his role with PWI is, but I <3 him :-)
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dagny wrote: »
    I <3 Xarfox

I don't know what his role with PWI is, but I <3 him :-)
    He is the product manager for PWE, he's the guy from the developer diaries videos.
    he denies it but ;) we know
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • cerberus
    cerberus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i take back anything that i said about the cash shop items i gave it a closer look , $50 for only 5000 zen you guys should really partner with offgamers like MY version did thats ridiculous
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    thirst wrote: »
    45k........... i make like 22k...... then after taxes, bills........ of course if i was middle class and made 45k a year i wouldnt playin a video game i tell you that much, its cause of the 22k a year im here in first place :P

side note, i have never spent so much on a game as much as i did on MY version. :)
    You made a really good point. Does it make sense to charge a lot to people who are playing a free game? Many are here because they simply like PW. However, most are probably here because the game is free. It literally costs us nothing to play this. Do you think we are the kinds of people who would be willing to pay high prices for anything? I thought it seemed frivolous for people to buy 100-gold flying devices on PW-MY. You can imagine my opinion of someone buying that here. It's insane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adi
    adi Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Guys... whatever u say about the zen prices... I still think it is too much!!!!!

1$ for 1 gold? ... in condition when a lvl 40 mount what? 10 -15 or w.e. gold? it is too much ... MY server seems to me that had better prices .. and more ppl could pay real money for some stuffs. At this prices I will NOT buy any zen .

tyvm
  • mojin
    mojin Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hi Everyone,

I'm happy to see that we at least are not wasting are time, I look forward to your decision, and hope it will turn out well :D
  • bail
    bail Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i just dont know what to say..i mean really 20 pages of omfg you cost too much..insults, and just all around /kick in the face...my thoughts on this have been stated on many other posts...

lets see here 45k a year....sorry guys i work for wal-mart maken 13k a year have a wife and a child and i barley scrap by as it is....and if i have to live in the cash shop after lvl 90 i dunno what ill do

i was looken for a f2p game this one stuck out...back ground check....this is not my first mmo, i have been playen many diffrent ones for about 10 years now....

my suggestion to you guys is please look at whats on the market, undercut em and you will come out on top every time...

like i said i just dont know what to say..most of my argument has been stated in previous posts.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bail wrote: »
    i just dont know what to say..i mean really 20 pages of omfg you cost too much..insults, and just all around /kick in the face...my thoughts on this have been stated on many other posts...

lets see here 45k a year....sorry guys i work for wal-mart maken 13k a year have a wife and a child and i barley scrap by as it is....and if i have to live in the cash shop after lvl 90 i dunno what ill do

i was looken for a f2p game this one stuck out...back ground check....this is not my first mmo, i have been playen many diffrent ones for about 10 years now....

my suggestion to you guys is please look at whats on the market, undercut em and you will come out on top every time...

like i said i just dont know what to say..most of my argument has been stated in previous posts.
    here here very nicely put and I totally agree with you. I wish others that post in here would have the same respect as we do for the Admins / GM's who make this game possible.
    severan wrote: »
    He is the product manager for PWE, he's the guy from the developer diaries videos.
    he denies it but ;) we know
    hehe :P its like this, Xarfox has a secret so naturally everyone knows about it! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • theking
    theking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    bail wrote: »

Im from Europe and we don't have so much money like US peoples . I have 4 728 $ per year ,

We can pay like about 10-20 $ for month on a game..... So 1$=1gold = NO WAY
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    wow. nearly 200 posts, 20 pages and 6k vievs. yesterday when i gone to bed it was 3k... O.o
    not to defend Xarfox but remember that he's not the God himself. he dont owe this game. from what i see and read hes like betwen hammer and anvil here. and if i sense correctly that GPD is not his idea. its true that rather explanation we got excuses. ever been wondering why? this will be a weird example but...
    imagine you are a tax man, your bosses tells you to go and pick the taxes from people. some of them can afford it, some cannot. and theres and one day your boss decide to triple the taxes. and your job is to go and gather this triple taxes from people. they are sad, angry and stuff. you dont need to actualy agree with your bosses new triple taxes idea but thats urrelevant - this is your job, and if you dont like - you'll get fired. and so theres our Xarfox. it doesnt matter what he thinks -he got his job to do, like it or not. maybe he thinks the same as we - but he cant write it here officialy. maybe he just dont care about all this but hes job obligates him to participate in all this.
    when people dont talk much? when they dont have anything to say. or cannot say.
    i belive some people here forgoten that Xarfox is human being just like you and me. hes not a machine. but he do have his orders and if he want to maintaine his job he needs to follow that orders whatever he likes them or not. i hardly doubt that this prices and all this mess is he's creation. but many people here put the blame directly on him. when thinking about what do you know think also about what what you dont know. about what Xarfox dont write here. in company discussion, stress, the role of official company punch bag which is his. the people behind him dont need to face us - the raging crawd. he - do.
    ofcourse all above is my own personal speculations but the point of all that is to remember to you - that Xarfox is basicly not some kind of Hitler or Sauron from LOTR lol. hes not the evil mastermind. so dont threat him like one. fight for your rights - yes, ofcourse. but dont go berzerk with that. belive me - you want him to be your friend, not enamy. and by throwing insults on him i dont know how you plan to do that. as i said - i quited already, i unistaled PWI from my hard disk and currently i am downloading other MMO i found just yesterday. so i will not gain or loss anything whatever the final results will be. so basicly
    nobody payed me for this post.
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • theking
    theking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    wow. nearly 200 posts, 20 pages and 6k vievs. yesterday when i gone to bed it was 3k... O.o
    not to defend Xarfox but remember that he's not the God himself. he dont owe this game. from what i see and read hes like betwen hammer and anvil here. and if i sense correctly that GPD is not his idea. its true that rather explanation we got excuses. ever been wondering why? this will be a weird example but...
    imagine you are a tax man, your bosses tells you to go and pick the taxes from people. some of them can afford it, some cannot. and theres and one day your boss decide to triple the taxes. and your job is to go and gather this triple taxes from people. they are sad, angry and stuff. you dont need to actualy agree with your bosses new triple taxes idea but thats urrelevant - this is your job, and if you dont like - you'll get fired. and so theres our Xarfox. it doesnt matter what he thinks -he got his job to do, like it or not. maybe he thinks the same as we - but he cant write it here officialy. maybe he just dont care about all this but hes job obligates him to participate in all this.
    when people dont talk much? when they dont have anything to say. or cannot say.
    i belive some people here forgoten that Xarfox is human being just like you and me. hes not a machine. but he do have his orders and if he want to maintaine his job he needs to follow that orders whatever he likes them or not. i hardly doubt that this prices and all this mess is he's creation. but many people here put the blame directly on him. when thinking about what do you know think also about what what you dont know. about what Xarfox dont write here. in company discussion, stress, the role of official company punch bag which is his. the people behind him dont need to face us - the raging crawd. he - do.
    ofcourse all above is my own personal speculations but the point of all that is to remember to you - that Xarfox is basicly not some kind of Hitler or Sauron from LOTR lol. hes not the evil mastermind. so dont threat him like one. fight for your rights - yes, ofcourse. but dont go berzerk with that. belive me - you want him to be your friend, not enamy. and by throwing insults on him i dont know how you plan to do that. as i said - i quited already, i unistaled PWI from my hard disk and currently i am downloading other MMO i found just yesterday. so i will not gain or loss anything whatever the final results will be. so basicly
    nobody payed me for this post.

I expect PW Europe to come out soon .Hope there isnt same situation like in here.
  • kojak
    kojak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    ah come on everyone is talking bla bla just make it pay to play and THEN they can low the prices like what you want guys !!

this is sucks. Have any one of you any IDEA how much money they have spent onto this? We are talking about over and XXXXXX amount. And it's growing, stop your whining.they can do whatever they want :mad:
  • poison
    poison Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    dagny wrote: »
    Why would you post something like that? You need to rea dup on "reaganomics"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics

being a liberal and not liking reagan is one thing, but misrepresenting is another. You actually can support your own ideology without tearing another down through misrepresentation. A country can be united with differing opinions through respect.

Actually I love Reagan, we haven't had a good president since. It was a joke, hence the smiley. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mountainman
    mountainman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    At the end of the day it all comes down to this. Something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. Just look at the housing market. Someone might stand strong and try and sell their house for $500,000 and they might truly think its worth that. They might even get appraisers in to agree with them and value the house at that much, but if no one buys it at that price then its not worth that much. In fact if someone buys it for $450,000 then that's truly what its worth. So if they keep the prices at this rate and everyone buys Zen then guess what?? The price will stay there. Heck for all our arguing if they raised the prices and people still bought it then that's it's real value.

However if no one buys it at that price then it really isn't worth that much. Nothing like this really has an intrinsic value to it. Its worth and value is different to everyone out there. Some are willing to pay X for it and some are willing to pay Y. The GMs need to find a happy medium where X and Y meet so they get enough income through volume and price combined.

They'll figure it out. If at the end of the day their balance sheets match up then they will not change the price. If however no one or few people buy and they start tanking then I guarantee they will wake up and pay attention and there will be a change. I play another free MMORPG that the GMs hadn't done anything for about a year. No updates, no communication (little comm I should say - About once a month). However they still sold cash items and still had auctions for items for real cash. So we hit them where it hurts. Right in the pocket book. We stopped buying auction items and posted in there that we wouldn't until they made changes. I never saw a faster turn around. Got me a 5 day ban for suggesting it, but it got their attention and believe me when I say they communicate once a week now and are making changes and updating us. Money talks. everything else walks.
  • dagny
    dagny Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    poison wrote: »
    Actually I love Reagan, we haven't had a good president since. It was a joke, hence the smiley. ;)

Then I apologize if you got caught in my "carebear stare". With all the rhetoric going on about the upcoming election I am getting a little punchy trying to defend the good in this country from the partisan attacks. Stupidity from both sides of the aisle really gets my hackles up!
  • odin
    odin Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This thread is set up for getting patrons' serious and helpful opinions and I want to give a serious opinion. I can only hope it is helpful. Only PWI can decide that.

I started a serious thread about marketing, and pointed out that it is important to know the pricing implications, before I make posts with my observations and recommendations. HERE is the thread I made.

I have played PW for well over a year, starting on the CN/My server, with a translation patch (months before MY/EN began). Because of my PW experience, pricing problems were immediately obvious. The pricing of 3 or 4 of the most high profile items, is so out of line that I began to worry about how hard it would be for PWI to build a healthy gaming community. Healthy = fun for the players and profitable for the hoster.

My next thought was "wonder if all the other prices have that same implications"? Obviously, I can't know unless I play the game. So I began to play, hoping I could learn enough to be informative and helpful WHEN I post my observatios and recommondations to the thread I started (link above).

This reply is to show my support for this thread (WILL BE MONITORED) and to go on record with with some information that may matter (experience from a player's/marketer's) point of view.

I repeat (re. my marketing thread), to understand the pricing implications, it requires someone to play a character to 90+.

I want PWI to build the best, most profitable gaming community possible.

FYI My motive is somewhat selfish, I bought stock in Perfect World, Co. Ltd.
    (PWRD).

Thanks, in advance, for reading this reply. I will be in touch.
    Is this post appropriate?

Later
  • adrian
    adrian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    vigor wrote: »
    I've seen it happen in another mmo I played a while back

And is that MMO going well after that?
  • parshath
    parshath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    maximusgod wrote: »
    OMG, $100 per month to play. How is this competitive is that with other MMO games? This is 4 times more other games. I am a pricing analyst for a very large corporation and you never price your products that high over your competitors. Especially when you are trying to attract new players.

Pricing Solution = market research. How does an appraiser determine a price for a house? By using market data. Over and over market data is a proven method of determining prices. Using market data should has the most weight in determining a reasonable price.

I'm not sure how much market research you guys did but it seems like it is way off and you probably already have lost many of your customers (or mmorpg players). Being a new game, starting a price like this is certinly not a wise idea. If I was pricing in your company, I would say, to begin with an introductory price to blow your competitors out of the water. This also gets new players comfortable with the idea of buying zen. Having a temporary sale is a great way to start this. Not the other way around. The idea is to attract new players not push them away with a high prices. Price should start low and increase incrementally when you have more players. I would say to start price as half as MY version to start pulling customers.

I agree with you on this. Even though it appears like PWI has a very large customer base currently, realistically only a certain percentage of those customers are actually paying customers. I am sure that the nonpaying customers are the majority among the whole. The best thing to do would be to start off with low "introductory" prices that will keep paying customers happy and "draw out" those that would have otherwise be nonpaying customers. Then as the players become "addicted" to the service, the prices may rise due to "increases in cost of operation". It's "evil" but it'll work.

Also since PW is only selling 1s and 0s, the monetary cost of such should be low, and mass production should be easy. However the drawback of ruining in-game economy could severely hurt them

In my personal opinion, I think their best bet would be to either:

1. Set a certain high price that is profitable even if they can only obtain a niche market. I have seen many companies do very well with just a niche market and a very loyal fan-base. However, this will limit the growth of the company in the long run.

2. Set a low price that will still be profitable on the assumption that mass quantities will be sold. In this scenario it could be either "feast or famine". It depends on if players are actually buying in mass quantities and the possible issues that may occur due to a flood of cash items. This option has the highest potential growth.
  • parshath
    parshath Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sorry for double post...

But for those that still think PW-US is competing with other PW versions, you are so wrong. Try contacting customer support and you will get told the same thing I have been telling you. Please refer to the support section: http://support.perfectworld.com/

"Is my country blocked? I can't access the game.

We're sorry, but we are obligated to block certain regions which that have their own localization of Perfect World.
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Its now day 3 since open beta. I have read this entire thread and I am quite concerned with the way the folks who run this game are doing so. I am not so much worried about ZEN as I will never buy it. I do think the current prices are out of wack, but as the old saying goes "there is a sucker born every minute". Someone will buy those inflated priced items. What I think really shows to me and others is the way that the company hosting PWI goes about doing business.

We have seen a lot of just /facepalm moves since CB began. We were promised that 4 servers would be up when CB opened only to have the Devs/GMs reneg to only 2 and both were pvp. This irked off a ton of PVE only players. A very bad sign right from the start.

Then, we saw the forums just in complete disarray. Any other online gaming community I've ever been in hasnt had such awful Vitrol spewed on its forums. A lot of it was directed at one guild mostly, but any real gaming company would have done more to lock, delete, or ban those who offended. It just wasnt the case and again made this company look bad that they didnt seem to care enough to take the necessary steps.

Now, we are in OB and we have this issue with ZEN. This is a major concern for a lot of players. Its not a real issue with me, but I understand why everyone is upset. Its now Day 3. When are we going to see some real action by the PWI team on this subject? Everyday you dont make an official post to give everyone an official decision you lose more members of your community who would have made purchases if things had been changed. Most members who want ZEN feel your overpricing them and they dont want to belong to a gaming community where the Devs dont listen to their playerbase. You must make some decisions and soon. If only for the sake of having folks left who will actually purchase the ZEN and pay your companies wages.

So, as I have said, we have seen poor management from the PWI team from the very beginning. With the business model you have you would think your team would have looked over previous incarnations of this game and had everything in place before. I know that these beta stages are for tweaking and I know hard choices do have to be made from a financial point of view. I know that not everything you have done has been done lightly, but I do believe its time you guys really get on the ball. A lot of your potential capital are leaving because of your inabilities to successfully run a business. You have suffered a lot of negativity here on the forums and its spreading to other gaming sites, friends, etc. If your company doesnt act soon its going to severely hurt the reputation of this company and keep players from playing here in the future. You should really consider this when you finally announce a compromise and in future decisions. Right now people are wanting real answers and it behooves you to give it to them.
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    parshath wrote: »
    Sorry for double post...

But for those that still think PW-US is competing with other PW versions, you are so wrong. Try contacting customer support and you will get told the same thing I have been telling you. Please refer to the support section: http://support.perfectworld.com/

"Is my country blocked? I can't access the game.

We're sorry, but we are obligated to block certain regions which that have their own localization of Perfect World.
    How does that prove anything? Here's the deal: This version and the Chinese version are the only ones in which the income goes directly to the parent company. For all other versions, a percentage of the income goes to the hosts of the game. That alone creates the competition. What else is there to debate on this issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragingwind
    edited September 2008
    danubus37 wrote: »
    Someone will buy those inflated priced items. What I think really shows to me and others is the way that the company hosting PWI goes about doing business.
    For me, that defines my whole perspective on the parent company of Perfect World. They created this game as a marketing ploy for making money. They let the graphics designers go nuts and create a beautiful world for us to enjoy. Then, they choke the other aspects of the game so they can save money. Then, they charge us ridiculous prices for item mall stuff that either is in high demand for enjoying the game or that ain't worth jack (realistically speaking). It's all just marketing. They just want $$$.

For those who would argue that every other game in existence is also just a marketing ploy... Grow up. While that is technically true, most games deliver good quality for our money that we are glad to spend because we know that they're worth every penny. While PW seems to be a good value at first (being free), it's just a fancy scam. I'd rather spend $50 on a new game for a popular game console than on one fancy flying device in PW.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry for the double post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.