Closed Beta is shuttered - Open Beta launches 3 p.m. (PDT) today!

Comments

• sumthin
    sumthin Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    what is the rule on the lvl difference when dueling or PvPing??

at lvl 30 can a like 50 attack you or is it like 1 or 2 lvl difference??
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sumthin wrote: »
    what is the rule on the lvl difference when dueling or PvPing??

at lvl 30 can a like 50 attack you or is it like 1 or 2 lvl difference??

No rules. On the PvP server, when you reach level 30, everyone above 30 can attack you. So a level 100 can gank you all he wants if he so desire.

On the PvE server, you have to choice to turn PvP on or off, so no one can attack you if you so desire.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    should end this sunday :p cb is waste of time after lvl 30 don't really see any bugs
  • julio69
    julio69 Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    are u guys going to put a countdown on the site?? because of time diferences u know
    i dont have idea when its 2pm here im brazil, i think it will be 8~9 pm but i wanna make sure :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RageQuit Inc.
  • lilanimeqt
    lilanimeqt Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    xD wooot i cant wait~ ive been waiting for an english version to come out and dont say the malaysian version since i have a malaysia server game.. SDO-X i can understand them but i want good english since english isnt really 2nd language in malaysia i know cuz... im from malaysia but i moved to NZ o.o i hope we can get in tho
  • elfanor
    elfanor Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Do we need a download an new version? Or will the Beta version gets an update?
  • karmelia
    edited September 2008
    elfanor wrote: »
    Do we need a download an new version? Or will the Beta version gets an update?

They said a patch will likely be available.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • wavemaster
    wavemaster Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    sweet..... was bout time :P

oh well guess i better hurry with DL-ing client, so should be done by tomorrow :P
    RADIANCE Guild Marshal ---> only the best ;)
    [SIGPIC]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa228/hackor5/pwlowser.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Wave - Barbarian lvl 3x
  • ukitake
    ukitake Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    1 question:
    when the open beta ends, will all the characters be deleted again?
  • daryl
    daryl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    wat time isit till the open beta
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Read.

The.

Frickin.

OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited September 2008
    ukitake wrote: »
    1 question:
    when the open beta ends, will all the characters be deleted again?

No. Your OB chars will be permanent.

• di0764
    di0764 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    They're gonna delete our charecters, after we worked so hard on them to. At least let us use the same charecter names.
    Tao strikes again!! Haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deanna
    deanna Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    :O We get to keep our chars in OB an they wont be wiped! Woo-hoo! Go us we rule...-cough-...
    got a little carried away...:rolleyes:
  • knitedreemer
    knitedreemer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    OMG! I soooooooo love this game. I'm definately glad it's closing after a week. I've done all of my flying around to get a look at the map... Almost the entire thing, died a few times but hey it was worth it. So looking forward to playing OB :D This is definately a great game and I will DEFINATELY recommend it to anyone ;) I'm a pretty big gamer and love games like this... Anyone know of anythin' else remotely like this?! I would love to have somethin' else to do... I don't particularly care fer playin' the same game all the time :D I have had no problems with this game and again, I absolutely love it... Can't wait :D
  • sirblade
    sirblade Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Thats So Awsome!
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If my calculations are correct, OB will launch exactly 20 hours as of this post :p:p
  • chainz
    chainz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    cant wait =)
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    meh too!!! :p:p:p
  • hardcorerm87
    hardcorerm87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So i Just made an account.
    and i' am pretty excited to try this game i missed closed beta.. but my luck Open beta is many hours away witch makes me happy. :) do you think it's wise to download the game now or is it better to just wait untill open beta starts ? Are the game clients gonna be the same with just update info let me now :confused:
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    what time zone is this in? according to the patcher it should just about be time for open beta to start!!!!!!!
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    So i Just made an account.
    and i' am pretty excited to try this game i missed closed beta.. but my luck Open beta is many hours away witch makes me happy. :) do you think it's wise to download the game now or is it better to just wait untill open beta starts ? Are the game clients gonna be the same with just update info let me now :confused:

The game client should be the same. All they're going to release before open beta period is new patches - so yeah, it's safe for you to download the client right now.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • deidei
    deidei Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Sorry, but i didn't want to read back all the forum.
    will i lose the cubigolds after CB?
  • roxy
    edited September 2008
    elite wrote: »
    what time zone is this in? according to the patcher it should just about be time for open beta to start!!!!!!!

It's in Pacific Time Zone. Open beta starts at 2pm on September 2nd, so it should be around 18 and 1/2 hours from now.
    6to4uv.jpg

• roxy
    edited September 2008
    deidei wrote: »
    Sorry, but i didn't want to read back all the forum.
    will i lose the cubigolds after CB?

Yes you will. Whatever you received in closed beta will be wiped before open beta starts.
    6to4uv.jpg

• akassa
    akassa Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Everything will be lost, you'll start all fresh... :P in around 15 hours.
    Thara - Level 32 - Venomancer - Lost City Server
  • ballz
    ballz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    18 and 1/2? then half an hour later its 15hours.. what times is it exacly? In ? hours is it?
  • roxy
    edited September 2008
    Right now it's 9:33pm pst. ( september 1st, 2008 )
    6to4uv.jpg

• xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    How soon can we expect the West servers to open?

Will Zen purchased when only East server is up be usable if we switch to West or is it only usable on one specific server?

Will territory wars be based on EST time schedule?
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taco
    taco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    To help people with the time conversions use this link: http://tinyurl.com/pwi-openbeta

That will tell you what time the open beta (10am September 2nd - Server Time) will go live in your time zone.

So for me, it'll be 1AM Wednesday morning. :D So I'll have enough time to create a character before I go to bed and then head to work. :)