Closed Beta is shuttered - Open Beta launches 3 p.m. (PDT) today!

Options

Comments

• akassa
    akassa Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That's good, i ope we will keep our chars on open beta :)
    Thara - Level 32 - Venomancer - Lost City Server
  • robertjanvaneijk
    robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Do we need to download a new client to play the ob or will this one just be updated? its also still strange to me why they would whipe our characters....
  • afksuicide
    afksuicide Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    akassa you idiot didnt you read .There will be a wipe.
    ~
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Do we need to download a new client to play the ob or will this one just be updated? its also still strange to me why they would whipe our characters....

You will not need to download a new client. You will be able to patch to the newest version on the 2nd of September. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicedward
    magicedward Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    READ THIS. This is a quick summary of everything going on, because people can't read old posts apparently. CB characters are going to be wiped. You will not get anything for participating, other than knowledge of how to quickly level your character for OB. Better claim your names as soon as OB servers open, then rush to level 20 to claim your guild names. Character wipes after CB is standard procedure, they don't want a few thousand people having a head start on all the other players. All of this is standard, there have been many games like this treated in exactly the same way. Also, CB people are not testing the game for glitches, they are testing to see if the servers can handle the player traffic, which has probably already reached its peak for CB sometime in this short week, so there is no reason for it to go on any longer. If the game had serious glitches, they would be happening on other versions of the game, because all that happened here was a re-translation into English for North American players. They did not mess with the code, only the text, so it is not necessary for characters to reach high levels and "test" the high level parts of the game. That has already been done in other versions.

Summation: Character wipe imminent. Be ready to claim names and guilds when OB starts. Those will be preserved for final release. XD
  • helba
    helba Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!! I=Excited but not looking forward to starting all over again. I'll get there fast with my fellow Guildies :D

When u need a Healer Look 4 ME!!!
    Name: TBA (dont want anyone to steal it -_-)
  • keithtan69
    keithtan69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dvorak wrote: »
    The current Closed Beta playtesting period will come to an end on Tuesday, September 2 at 10 a.m. PDT (1 p.m.for you East Coasters).

Gameplay will resume 4 hours later that very same day at 2 p.m. with the launch of Perfect World International's OPEN Beta.

This initial launch will open with 1 PVP server (Lost City) and 1 PVE server (Heaven's Tear).

Do keep in mind that all of your current progress and characters will be wiped at the end of the Closed beta period so enjoy this experience while you can. But fear not, with the launch of the Open beta all characters, stats and data are permanent components of your account for as long as you choose to play our game.

happy adventuring!
    ~dvorak~

Please indicate is OB for current CB players or it is open for everyone?
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    OB is "open", meaning... for everyone.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Why no east and west servers anymore?
  • golder
    golder Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sorry for my question as stupid but if you go to delete the accounts when the complete game this? if I do lvl high is not going to mean anything?
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    seanie wrote: »
    Why no east and west servers anymore?

No reasons was given officially.

My guess is that with the incoming official european realease they figured out the game population to begin with will not be large enough to fill 4 servers. So they decided to open 2 to begin with, and will open others as the need arise. (I repeat that this is my guess, nothing official)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • willow98
    willow98 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Can't wait till OB, from what I've seen so far....this is an amazing game.
  • demonangel
    demonangel Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thats cool i wish i could have done the closed bata
  • agentzer0
    agentzer0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    that's awesome! cant wait
  • orostheavenger
    orostheavenger Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This looks to be a lot of fun. Although I'm somewhat disappointed (excuse me) that it isn't being released in time for the long holiday (well, where I am at least) I am still happy to open beta. Look forward to seeing you all out there :)
  • peroulter
    peroulter Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have played the other perfect world and i liked it but this international version looks sweet, just wanted to know if their have been any clues as to how long cb will last. not that it matters ill wait as long as i have to cus this game is awesome.
  • reversal
    reversal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This game IS sweet

But Stickies are sweeter

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=19841
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Maybe someone can tell me the difference between the PVP server and the PVE server? Thank you.
  • kyofubad99
    kyofubad99 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    peroulter wrote: »
    I have played the other perfect world and i liked it but this international version looks sweet, just wanted to know if their have been any clues as to how long cb will last. not that it matters ill wait as long as i have to cus this game is awesome.

It never ceases to amaze me that people can't see what is directly in front of them... or in this case, the title of the thread they are posting in. :confused:
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    godcrusher wrote: »
    Maybe someone can tell me the difference between the PVP server and the PVE server? Thank you.

PvP server (free PvP) : at level 30+, you can attack everyone that is also level 30+. Likewise, everyone level 30+ can attack you.

PvE server (optional PvP): at level 30+, you can choose to activate or deactivate PvP.

If activated you can attack everyone that is also level 30+ that have PvP activated (white named). Likewise, everyone level 30+ that have activated PvP can attack you.

If PvP is deactivated, you cannot attack anyone, and no one can attack you. (blue named)

Otherwise, both server are identical. Same quests, same events (Arena, Territorial Wars, Dragon Palace, etc.). If one of the event requires PvP, it will be automatically set at on on the PvE servers.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Was mainly asking for the difference in PVP, I see. Then people wouldn't need to complain being ganked :o what are the penalty of dying after being PKed?
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wow that's fantastic, a PVE server. :D:D I spent a lot of real money on dolls on PW Malaysia, because of those **** kids with ****ed up real lives who always random PK. Thanks God it won't be a problem here.:p:p
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    godcrusher wrote: »
    what are the penalty of dying after being PKed?

If you don't fight back : a small chance to drop items from your inventory.

If you fight back : a greater chance to drop items.

No XP loss.

• fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    If you don't fight back : a small chance to drop items from your inventory.

If you fight back : a greater chance to drop items.

No XP loss.
    Either way we may lose something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    khaai wrote: »
    Wow that's fantastic, a PVE server I spent a lot of real money on dolls on PW Malaysia, because of those **** kids with ****ed up real lives who always random PK. Thanks God it won't be a problem here.:p:p

Having to buy dolls means you were red, otherwise you would not fear dying because you won'T loose anything important anyways.

meaning: you were most likely one of those **** kids pking? :D
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    as the title says
  • wargasm
    wargasm Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    september 2nd at 10 am and OB starts at 2 PM i think wester time but not sure you just try every hour :P
    :DBFME2 on PW (Oracle lv 89WB+lv 71EP):D
    wargasm1 on FFR rank top 200/1.5 million players
    :):p:)TO JOIN PVE GUILD PM ME:):p:)
    ===============================
    Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?
  • tanga
    tanga Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    this has prolly been answered a dozen times BUT, on my launcher the time is 1:16, is that server time?

also if it's the server time 1:16, and the TW's are at 8:00, that means the TW's are in like 7 hours tomorrow?
    Signed,
    Tanga.
  • betch
    betch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I believe the timer is a bit wacky at the moment. I'm sure it'll be fixed at Open Beta launch.

It should be 8:22 pm in California right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Sheik
    Class: Bard
    Guild: Immortals
  • cooki3monsta
    cooki3monsta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Woooooooot can't waittttttt Pve here I comeeeeeeeeeee :D