Closed Beta is shuttered - Open Beta launches 3 p.m. (PDT) today!

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
The current Closed Beta playtesting period will come to an end on Tuesday, September 2 at 10 a.m. PDT (1 p.m.for you East Coasters).

Gameplay will resume today at 3 p.m. with the launch of Perfect World International's OPEN Beta.

This initial launch will open with 1 PVP server (Lost City) and 1 PVE server (Heaven's Tear).

Do keep in mind that all of your current progress and characters will be wiped at the end of the Closed beta period so enjoy this experience while you can. But fear not, with the launch of the Open beta all characters, stats and data are permanent components of your account for as long as you choose to play our game.

happy adventuring!
~dvorak~

edit: Launch of Open Beta has been delayed by 1 hour to 3 p.m. (PDT)
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• atiori
    atiori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Only 1 week Closed Beta? Thats way less then the estimated 1 month. I guess that means everything is going smooth. ;)

I can't wait!
  • petzku00
    petzku00 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I was hoping that they do closed beta short that possible :p
    [SIGPIC]Tiger[/SIGPIC]
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Aw first day of school..kinda bittersweet
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wow! That's great news to hear! I think most of us won't even be level 30 before closed beta ends (and that means no territory war test. The servers must be holding up really well! Hopefully, the install issues (like with the corrupted gamershell client) and some problems people have with Vista UAC, administrator privileges, .NET framework revision, East Asian language pack, etc. will be resolved by them. And hopefully, some other suggestions people have mentioned can be implemented in the week's time frame.

Last, but not least, many people now are expecting 4 servers at open beta launch. That must mean the 2 PVE servers will be ready in like 2 weeks already. Excellent job PWE!

(BTW, add an extra patch server for open beta please. Or have a manual download of a patch if there is one, like on filefront. A lot of people have had patching problems it seems.)
  • darkzor27
    darkzor27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sweet super happy :) btw just curious will there be any cb gifts?
  • noctura
    noctura Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I really think anyone involved in the Closed beta should get cb gifts :D!!! Seeing as anyone in CB will have their character deleted. It is time put into something that will be taken away.
    I hope there will be gifts.

Im also REALLY happy with the PVE idea. :D !!! I cannot wait for the PVE servers to open. ^^v!!
  • palidore
    palidore Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, I'm personally happier with just a little over a week of closed beta anyway. I would have hated to get everything wiped after an entire months worth of play time :P
  • hellkingcqh
    hellkingcqh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ... man you guys dont understand the reason for a closed beta its not to play and get rewarded for being in it man its to find what they could'nt find. To be honest thats what I see in most mmo's closed beta so im not surprised but, I have learned because I to was like you.

1. hope we all get along in the short time we have to lvl and search for glitches
    2. be happy you got to test this game.
    3. have fun play and kick some monster **** ^_^

games i have beta tested: SRO,2moons,Chaos,LastChaos,L2,PW
    there are more but i cant think of anymore off top of my head i wanna play PW to much ^_^
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Nice to know the date of OB, not too far off yippee~
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I do hope the changes being made will reflect on the time spent in CB, and you guys aren't rushing this product into OB, and then spend another week there and then release it just like most of the Ported MMOs that American companies like to do and it usually ends up in failure *cough* Requiem.
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dvorak wrote: »
    The current Closed Beta playtesting period will come to an end on Wednesday, August 27 at 7 p.m. PDT (10 p.m.for you East Coasters).

Gameplay will resume on Tuesday, September 2nd at 2 p.m. with the launch of Perfect World's OPEN Beta.

Do keep in mind that all of your current progress and characters will be wiped at the end of the Closed beta period so enjoy this experience while you can. But fear not, with the launch of the Open beta all characters, stats and data are permanent components of your account for as long as you choose to play our game.

See you in-game!
    ~dvorak~

What do you mean with that stats and data are permanent componentes of your account, for as long as you choose to play our game.

I'm sorrry to ask you that, I just really didnt get that.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ganja wrote: »
    What do you mean with that stats and data are permanent componentes of your account, for as long as you choose to play our game.

The characters that you start building up during the open beta period (from Sept. 2nd and on) are your permanent characters. No more wipes from 9/2 onward.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That's good news :D I really don't want to bother leveling much during closed beta because it's going to be wiped. :p
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ganja wrote: »

It means there will never be another character wipe. Everything about your characters and the characters themselves will be on your account until you decide to quit the game.
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    awesome news! :)
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dvorak wrote: »
    The current Closed Beta playtesting period will come to an end on Wednesday, August 27 at 7 p.m. PDT (10 p.m.for you East Coasters).

Gameplay will resume on Tuesday, September 2nd at 2 p.m. with the launch of Perfect World's OPEN Beta.

See you in-game!
    ~dvorak~

What does the part I highlited in red means??

PS: *nvm just found out* =)

sealed~
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Here's a suggestion, how about increase the rates to 100x so we can actually test end-game stuff? It's closed beta afterall, and we're only testing low level contents which is uselsss. Think about it.
    RoC.
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hong wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion, how about increase the rates to 100x so we can actually test end-game stuff? It's closed beta afterall, and we're only testing low level contents which is uselsss. Think about it.

Agreed, but 100x more exp would be too much, you would get like 30 lvls in 1 kill:p

sealed~
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hong wrote: »

Here is a quote from the FAQ thread:

Q : Will there be changes in XP or drops rates for closed/open beta?
    A : In order for our beta to be an effective test, we need the test environment to be as similar to the live environment as possible. Tweaking EXP or drop rate values during beta would taint our results and skew the data we'll be collecting. (Xarfox)
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There's going to be a lot of griefing and namestealing. Players who have our names on closed beta should be able to reserve the names for open beta.

Other than that, I don't feel that CB players should get anything else, but that's just me. The names should definitely be preserved, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    There's going to be a lot of griefing and namestealing. Players who have our names on closed beta should be able to reserve the names for open beta.

Other than that, I don't feel that CB players should get anything else, but that's just me. The names should definitely be preserved, though.

Agreed. ............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • aretsukusu
    aretsukusu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's perfect! ^^ I can't wait for this moment of the Open Beta Release!
  • callandor
    callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Are they freaking serious? They are going out of Cb alrdy?????! I Still can't logg in!!! First i was stuck on the elements.data thing now im stuck on tasks.data!! How can you possibly be realsing it with so many people that cant logg on??? Things cant possibly be "running smoothly" if not everyone can logg on!
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »

NOT AGGREEEEEEEEED!!!!!
    I OBJECT!!!!

My name was Stolen in CB, and its not a common name, its one I made up myself but used it in other PW versions that players probobly got it from, so yeah....
    I want to steal it back, so no name saving please
    :mad:

sealed~
  • warbeef
    warbeef Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »

My name was Stolen in CB, and its not a common name, its one I made up myself but used it in other PW versions that players probobly got it from, so yeah....
    I want to steal it back, so no name saving please
    :mad:

sealed~

Your name wasn't "stolen" it's first come first serve, and you don't have the rights to any name. If this were OB already, you'd be SOL. If they reserve names, you still are. If not, best be there when OB goes live or it might get used again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rion
    rion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Seriously, what is the point? Just go to OB. You must know that things are fine if you aren't even allowing us to testy the majority of the game being that people won't even get to ****ing PvP in this short period of time. Or if there is actually a reason for the CB then pump everyones levels up so we can "test". :rolleyes:
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ****, that's the time I go Back to School Shopping...
    Now, someone can steal my name...
    T.T
  • borderliner
    borderliner Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ... man you guys dont understand the reason for a closed beta its not to play and get rewarded for being in it man its to find what they could'nt find. To be honest thats what I see in most mmo's closed beta so im not surprised but, I have learned because I to was like you.

1. hope we all get along in the short time we have to lvl and search for glitches
    2. be happy you got to test this game.
    3. have fun play and kick some monster **** ^_^

games i have beta tested: SRO,2moons,Chaos,LastChaos,L2,PW
    there are more but i cant think of anymore off top of my head i wanna play PW to much ^_^

you're right basicaly but you're wrong ;)

because perfect world is a fully developed game (like sro, last chaos, and so on) they're just adapted to another language. i understand that the reason to be in a CB is not to "play"(sure if u find bugs/errors/glitches and so one, report them).

but here it is a reason to play

because the servers are new. they want you to play and cause database and server traffic. they need to check their network / nodes and connectivity...if they really need someone to test seriously they wouldn't giveaway CB keys like candy :)

but yes you are right at all. so lets have phun till the release errrrm open beta comes :P
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Usually that's the case, but when you port a foreign MMO over to the USA, the game is packaged in that country's native language, which is Chinese. American developers have a hard time translating Chinese code to implement into English, therefore you get translation errors that you see in-game right now. Too many of those and it'll cause server-side problems like lag, security issues, etc. I do hope this dev. team has some damn good translators when the main company sends the patch notes over.
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esc0rz
    esc0rz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Looks like it'll be fun taking pics with all the new people I've met within the first 2 days. :D

Then we can do our little level up contests without a wipe.