want to form guild in PvE server

Comments

• kittykat
    kittykat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kelo wrote: »
    That seems like an interesting guild (enough for me to post my 1st post in this section of the forums).

I MAY want join it, but since I'm still quite active over MY-EN, I'll first see how much I play here. I don't want to say I'll join if I don't know whether I'll be active or not. Oh I'm lvl77 WF (venomancer) on MY-EN, however, have no TW experience. I'm not playing actively on CB, because of the wipe ^^; And I still don't know what char I will play xD (blademaster or venomancer).

Oh well, I'll remember this guild if I start playing here often ^^ And I agree that Radiance is a very nice name (and certainly an "acceptable" one enough to use it for now, if needed xD ). The other one I liked was "Exalted".

Good luck with the guild's birth ^^

hi there ^^ thanks for posting XD TW experience is not necessary. Just being level 77 is more than enough experience. if you do decide to play here on the PvE server, you can PM here on the forums or in game ^^
    I am interested in joining the guild, mainly because playing alone is boring, and the drama on the PVP server is an inevitable happening. The name Radiance sounds good, originally I was bent on forming my own guild on PvE but my guild names were way too long (Think LargeHadronCollider, FullMoonFollies, BridgeFallers, HalveMaen, Pedobears); so I decided "Guild names are way too hard to come up with, I'll just join a guild". =P Well it wasn't just that, reading through this thread I felt a sense of professionalism (If that's even a word) and organization from Kitty, Karmelia and June. My experience with PW is pretty much zero if you decide to count my lvl 10 WF on MY-EN, or my lvl 25 PWI Blademaster.
    So count me in.

hey ;) I'm very much a numbers person, that's why i seem more focused on the salary accounting issue because we've all experienced guilds where just a few members at the top and their friends pretty much get everything, and the rest just kind of tag along for the ride unable to speak up. yea..that's completely opposite of what i want :p

anyways, if you think you can run a guild, i think an initial VGM-rotation would be a good idea if people don't mind. commanders and captains would need to be fixed to have some sort of stability though. anyways, you could try out for that.
    EUROPEAN is going to PVE heaven's tear, we might have some spots open then, contact BlackSoul

Europe is coming out with its own PW multilanguage servers located in germany soon. If your guild name is representative of where your guild members are located, you should give PW-EU a shot since the ping will be much lower for you guys ^^
  • koolk
    koolk Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm interested in a PvE guild. Just letting you guys know.

I'll make sure to PM KittyKat when OB starts. Not sure what my name is yet....

:cool:
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    We still also welcome anyone from Europe into our guild. After all, we are playing on "Perfect World International" and there will be no IP block to Europe. Perfect World Malaysia had bad server lines initially which could result in ping times over 400ms for those living in Europe/North America. It's possible for ping times to be 80ms from the UK to the US, and maybe 110ms from France. It depends on our server location and the hub they're connect to, but I'm sure their either using fiber optic to the node or are on site. So if you're willing to sacrifice a little ping, be free to play on Perfect World International, or Perfect World MS, whichever you desire. ^_~
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hi again! Now that I have some time, I can respond to a few of the posts.

spambox wrote: »
    To tangent off this, in an earlier post you stated you like celestial names.
    How about adding just Celestial to the growing list of recommendations?

Actually, I also thought of "Celestial" as a name, so we think alike. ^_^ However, it might be weird if some of us in the guild decide to go the Demon path at level 89. I do like that as a name too. By the way, Radiance is also a Celestial type name when it comes from the sun or the stars. ^_~
    seanie wrote: »
    This is what I think of for the Radiance thing I think of a mystical creature
    dragonfc1.th.jpg

Also June if you need help, I'm usually on vent PST time from 7-9 pm Ill be in your room if I am on, (Junes Room of Love).
    Hihi seanie! Sorry, I'm not making it to vent, but I'm really shy. Plus, the name of the room is interesting. I do think that the whole world can use more love. ^_^ I really love that picture!!! Something like that could make a really great guild logo! It can be a "Radiant Dragon", or an "Exalted Dragon" or a "Celestial Dragon" or a "Nova Dragon", basically our guild logo and mascot/secret weapon, whatever the name of our guild is! It could look really nice if we are able to have in game guild logos. Does anyone else like a golden dragon as a guild logo? (Other ideas would be like a cross, or a kitty cat, or a sword with wings, or a shield, or a flying pig, etc.)
    I am interested in joining the guild, mainly because playing alone is boring, and the drama on the PVP server is an inevitable happening. The name Radiance sounds good, originally I was bent on forming my own guild on PvE but my guild names were way too long (Think LargeHadronCollider, FullMoonFollies, BridgeFallers, HalveMaen, Pedobears)...
    So count me in.
    Welcome melancholych! You didn't happen to have a Barbarian Panda Bear char with the IGN PedoPanda, BTW? -_-
    Disturbing pic by infrequentia:
    http://i35.tinypic.com/nr0opt.jpg
    (Wah! I like Fat Pandas, but that one is scary! T_T )
    Those are some really long creative names...
    kelo wrote: »
    ...Oh well, I'll remember this guild if I start playing here often ^^ And I agree that Radiance is a very nice name (and certainly an "acceptable" one enough to use it for now, if needed xD ). The other one I liked was "Exalted".

Good luck with the guild's birth ^^
    Thank you Kelo! Good luck to you also and hope to see you around in game!
    karmelia wrote: »
    I think I'll be the only Sanctuary member to move here. The others don't like the idea of having to start a new char from scratch.
    I can understand that. Having devoted a lot of time and money to a character, it can be really difficult to restart. Sanctuary seemed like a really nice guild on Voyage Century where I first met them. I can't believe the number of games they're playing. They have a really nice website too!
    koolk wrote: »
    I'm interested in a PvE guild. Just letting you guys know.
    I'll make sure to PM KittyKat when OB starts. Not sure what my name is yet....
    :cool:
    Hi koolk! Don't worry, we're having the same trouble with the name of our guild! See you in game!

Umm... still really busy, but I'll have something up soon. ^_^"

• seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You guys wont have to chat in vent but would be nice to have you all in there. Just to at least be able to listen :)
  • wargasm
    wargasm Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    do you ever read PM's?

IGN = Wargasm
    Class = WB
    :DBFME2 on PW (Oracle lv 89WB+lv 71EP):D
    wargasm1 on FFR rank top 200/1.5 million players
    :):p:)TO JOIN PVE GUILD PM ME:):p:)
    ===============================
    Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?
  • dai
    dai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I am considering to join this guild :).
    Originally I planned to play on the PvP server, but the drama and wasting hieros+dolls turned me off lol. I enjoy PvPing (even random encounters. I don't start any though. "Too nice to antagonize" hehe :D), just not the idea of having to use cash shop items to PK well (I'm poor :p). Well, I'll still buy from the cash shop in the PvE server, but at least I won't be forced to waste them. Also, I like the server name "Heaven's Tear" much more than "Lost City" xD.

Anyways, back on topic - I've only been playing Perfect World since the start of PWi closed beta, but I have gotten quite used to it already. I've also been reading guides, forums, updating quests for 1PerfectWorld.com, etc. So I can also help some of the newer guildies. My main will be a Barbarian in open beta. I'll try to level up quickly while still being able to help guildies out. Hope to join you all in-game at Heaven's Tear in open beta!
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    hi hi everyone

thanks for your interest. we should have a guild forum up in the not-too-distant future ^^ so, once that's up and running all those interested can register there. i'll finally be able to put up some of my ideas and also some links and such ;p and so will everyone else. in the meantime, check out seanie's vent for some chatroom fun XD

i do apologize for some of my ideas not being focused, but i've been getting some good suggestions, which has molded some of my ideas over the past week or so. i'll go over them in much, much more detail once the guild forum is up and please continue to make more suggestions ^^ i was never the bossy type unless i really had to be, so i think it'll be fun to watch a guild grow from scratch with involvement from everyone, new and experienced.
  • melancholych
    melancholych Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I guess I'll check the vent out and think of the IGN I'm going to use. Speaking of Voyage Century Online, here's hoping that thing with the BBS doesn't happen to a game like this. Corruption at it's best.
  • seanie
    edited August 2008
    Ive got 2 friends of mine to start playing the game and hopefully 3 more friends to join up, they already all know to go pve.
  • wargasm
    edited August 2008
    I got 2 friends + me joigning in too the 2 friends are veterans :P
  • devast
    devast Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'd like to join as well, when OB starts :) Slots filling up faster then expected, i guess :p
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Since Wargasm is also joining this, it seems it will be the "super" guild of PvE, so Im in definitely ^^

Also, Id really like if Paradigm (the name Wargasm was thinking of) came forward as the official guild name... It sounds way better than Radiance to me... Dont know how you guys feel about it, so...

It has that enigmatic/mystic feeling, it makes you think, it sounds smart, thats exactly what I look for in a name

Oh btw Ill join in as a Cleric, and if alternates are allowed, a Veno as well... I will actually power lvl a fox to 20 before any guild is made (go go money maker :P), and THEN make the cleric and join it
  • wargasm
    edited August 2008
    kaeriin wrote: »
    Since Wargasm is also joining this, it seems it will be the "super" guild of PvE, so Im in definitely ^^

Also, Id really like if Paradigm (the name Wargasm was thinking of) came forward as the official guild name... It sounds way better than Radiance to me... Dont know how you guys feel about it, so...

It has that enigmatic/mystic feeling, it makes you think, it sounds smart, thats exactly what I look for in a name

Oh btw Ill join in as a Cleric, and if alternates are allowed, a Veno as well... I will actually power lvl a fox to 20 before any guild is made (go go money maker :P), and THEN make the cleric and join it

Really? Doesnt sound like a very efficient way to level an account lawl xD
    And yeah Paradigm sounds a better name not just cause its mine, the word also has its meaning :

Paradigm : A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices constituting a view of reality.
    Basically means its something not necessarilly known or popular but it has an effect on alot of things (server :P)
  • koolk
    koolk Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    4 more days.....

This feels like de ja vu again.....
  • crystalhaztazahs
    crystalhaztazahs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah! I can't wait too. I've already hit level 30 and 31 on my venomancer in game and explored a bit. Now I'm just waiting for OB. But 4 days won't be much.

Paradigm reminds me of a pidgeon or pilgrim. But it's still creative in it's own way, though I like Radiance better. It reminds me of that purple glittering thing in the middle of Archosaur.
  • wargasm
    edited August 2008
    could make it radiandigm rofl nvm
  • sentinel
    sentinel Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hello, hello. Totally new player to PW here but I've been poking around on the forums for a good bit, getting a feel for everything. I'm glad to see there are people that will be playing PvE seeing as how PvP gets a bit hectic - most of the issues with PvP have already been addressed in this thread. While I'm new to this game, I have played quite a bit of MMORGP's and MMOFPS's in the past so I hope I won't be a complete nub, heh.

I was actually a bit hesitant at first to express interest in this guild due to the lack of a vent server but I'm glad seanie stepped up and purchased one. It really does faciliate communications during gameplay. Anyways, good stuff you guys and gals have got going on here...I hope to meet you all in game and maybe I'll hop on vent one of these days before OB and get to know some of you. Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sassyhilly
    sassyhilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have a friend that might join as well.
  • cooki3monsta
    cooki3monsta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm in! as long as you all are organized & help each other <3
  • wargasm
    edited August 2008
    I'm in! as long as you all are organized & help each other <3

Lawl kitty seems to take her job seriously :P
    Oh and i cant wait to be the tank of service once again that flatters my ego alot.
    Hey guys i just got this idea, we should have a character name theme like in reservoir dogs like Mr.Cobalt, Mr.Blue, Mr.Green, Mrs.idontknow lol basically anyone is free to pick whatever, just a suggestion :P
  • kaeriin
    edited August 2008
    Lol I wanna be free to choose my names ^^ Because I already have them anyway

In that we feel the same way, thats why Im making an EP... You want to be the tank of service, I want to be the healer of service (though it will be a nuker as well, not full support)

Its just so appealing that everywhere people go, they always call for EPs ^^ and if you do a good job everyone loves you

Oh and about my fox, its because I wont have money for the cash shop, so I NEED to have a fox to earn money, or else Ill barely have enough for skills :(
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hey, got a PM from someone on the forums to check this out. Id like to join if you would have me. Im more into the pve aspect of gaming than pvp. Im an older gamer and I co own an internet cafe so I have tons of time to play at work :)

My in game names id like to hang onto for now so no one takes them when the server goes up. I can msg whomever I need too after i've made my toons. You can always get in touch with me here on the forums if you have any questions, etc.

Really hope this takes off. I've enjoyed the game just havent enjoyed some of the folks on the forums who are extremely immature.
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Btw Bravewill would be my choice for a guild name. Was an old guild I was in with the singer Voltaire back in Everquest. He ran the guild and hosted our website. The guy is a trip. Im down with any name, though. After all its just a name. Its the folks in the guild that truly make the guild special or not.

btw if anyone pops on Vent let me know ill hang out.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    hi everyone ^^ sorry for being late to reply...got distracted with after work activity ;p thanks to all for the interest. XD

anyways, as for the guild name...i hope Radiance is acceptable to everyone because i believe that is what we're leaning towards. june has been busy but is working hard on the forums, so hopefully it should be up shortly. it takes a bit of effort to design the guild forum, and a name change this late would require june to start over. i trust june's choice, so i hope everyone who is planning on joining the guild will also trust her. the practice forum she posted earlier looked great!!!

like i said previously, alot of ideas are constantly changing and probably will take a bit to hammer out, but we still have lots of time to go through the growing pains of a guild. there are some things i have a firm grasp on (i.e. salary) and other issues i don't, so lets see what we can accomplish together. ^^

but, do keep in mind that this is a PvE server, so hopefully the lack of open PK will remove alot of the player tension that plagued MY servers, but there are still going to be players with various backgrounds that will be joining the server and the guild, so we have to mindful of each other and realize that our attitutes and play styles will be different from each other.

4 days to go!
  • devast
    devast Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kittykat wrote: »
    but, do keep in mind that this is a PvE server, so hopefully the lack of open PK will remove alot of the player tension that plagued MY servers, but there are still going to be players with various backgrounds that will be joining the server and the guild, so we have to mindful of each other and realize that our attitutes and play styles will be different from each other.

4 days to go!

Well, to be honest i prefer open PK environment, but not in cash shop oriented(aka f2p) games. It's quite clear cs stuff will be used in TW alot, and maybe some during grinding, but i probably couldn't keep up with the expenses if it needs to be used nonstop. I'm looking forward to the 2nd as well, i hope we can get along well and we will succeed at many things.
    PS: Are there any other applicants from EU timezone, or only me ?
  • kaeriin
    edited August 2008
    GMT here

And Ive seen lots of people from europe, as expected, so we wont be alone by a long shot
  • cooki3monsta
    cooki3monsta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wargasm wrote: »
    Lawl kitty seems to take her job seriously :P
    Oh and i cant wait to be the tank of service once again that flatters my ego alot.
    Hey guys i just got this idea, we should have a character name theme like in reservoir dogs like Mr.Cobalt, Mr.Blue, Mr.Green, Mrs.idontknow lol basically anyone is free to pick whatever, just a suggestion :P

I will also be a tank woooooooot wb/barb ftw!!!!!
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Seeing that many people are intent on joining us, one of the main priority will be to make the guild level 2 to be able to take in 100 players.

Level 1 guild limit is 50, and at this rate we will reach it fast enough after OP opening.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • seanie
    edited August 2008
    Im always on vent when playing name is Persona37 with a capped P, Im usally in Junes room of love.