want to form guild in PvE server

Options
kittykat
kittykat Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Guild Banter
edit: new thread is up!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33601

Okies, hi guys. It looks like there will be fewer people joining the PvE server and guilds as well. If anyone is planning on joining PvE server and interested in forming guild with me and some friends and some people I met during closed beta, please let me know and state your planned in game name here ^^

Nothing is definite, as we don't even have any name yet, but a friend has expressed interest in making a forum once all the people who want to form guild figure out a name when open beta starts.

Having experinced people from previous PW servers would be great in starting a guild off, but a blend of new and experienced people for a guild would be perfect.

About my PW history:

I played in the PW-MY-EN servers ever since their closed beta last october. I was a level 95 MG (aka wizard) on the oracle server called Kitty_Kat. To be honest, my main interest is in territory war and assigning guild salary from war and not really running a guild. The reason is because we've all been burned by secretive and sometimes dishonest guild leaders who are subjective, plays favorites, and even at some point takes guild money for themselves.

That's why I want to be involved with a guild this time around from the ground up (although, not really running it), but only in regards to war and accounting to make guild salary as objective, transparent, and fair as possible. I have a detailed plan for this aspect that I think will work out better in the long run *hopefully*

So, if anyone here is interested, please PM me or post here with your planned IGN. thank you!

edit: Personally, a rotation of GM seems interesting, at least, until the guild is strong enough to do war (lvl 60+). That may be an idea I'll float around.

very late edit: Forgot to add that my IGN will be KittyKat.
Post edited by kittykat on

Comments

• bictor
    bictor Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kitty come to pvp use east = =
    79 WR - Oracle
  • manorchid
    manorchid Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i'll hapily join. which PvE server will the guild be on?

IGN will probably be Aceras.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bictor wrote: »
    kitty come to pvp use east = =

hi there ^^

Honestly, I got tired of open PK. KOS would start from literally the stupidest things. So much drama on the open PK servers. Something as small as KSing would lead to entire guild wars. A KSing issue could have been easily resolved by the people joining same party and working on a quest together, but people seem to resort to PK so quickly in open PK servers.

Pretty soon, I would log on to find there's KOS going on, but no one knows why or how it started. I have to admit that I did PK a few people as well over petty things, but with optional PK in the PvE server, that shouldn't be a problem.

That's why I wish to be a part of the PvE server community. ^^ But, good luck on the PvP server.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    manorchid wrote: »
    i'll hapily join. which PvE server will the guild be on?

IGN will probably be Aceras.

Hi there, the GM recently stated that there will only be 1 PvE server when open beta starts, so there's no choice for us between east and west anymore.
  • kittyeatsushi
    kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'd like to join! PvE sounds like moar fun anyways :>

IGN will probably be Kittyeatsu. lawl Kittyeatsushi is too long :\
  • ivyslayer
    ivyslayer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i will want to join too!.. lets form it!

ign: IvySlayer
  • blue
    blue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Azurecut from Oracle here, Kitty. It's a shame I won't see you on the PvP server, but I wish the best for you and your guild.

Any idea on what you want to call your guild, or is it just an idea in process at the moment?
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hi, thanks to all the responses! :)

The reason why I want to wait until open beta to start forming a guild is because

1) This closed beta would be my 3rd beta for PW and having character being wiped soon is not providing much incentive to put much work into playing the game.

2) Since the west and east servers will be merged, there might be some players on east or west that are interested in forming a guild that may not be playing on the same server in closed beta at the moment.

blue wrote: »
    Azurecut from Oracle here, Kitty. It's a shame I won't see you on the PvP server, but I wish the best for you and your guild.

Any idea on what you want to call your guild, or is it just an idea in process at the moment?

hi, thanks for the well wishes.

Hopefully, it won't be just "my" guild. It will be awhile before any guild can take an unoccupied land, so I'm hoping it will be more of a community guild where those who want to run the guild will have an opportunity to do so.

And ya, it's just an idea at the moment. I personally am not tied down to any name, so I guess it will be up to the potential guild members to come up with one before guild is created.
  • bictor
    bictor Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    :) pvp and rebuilt sacred :rolleyes:
    79 WR - Oracle
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bictor wrote: »
    :) pvp and rebuilt sacred :rolleyes:

o.O is this victor?
  • myau
    myau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'll be playing a Wizard on the PvE server. IGN will be Trix if availible. Played MY-CN/EN but only took toons to level 40. Both the language barriers and open PvP were not my thing. I definitely will be looking to join a mature and well run guild.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    myau wrote: »
    I'll be playing a Wizard on the PvE server. IGN will be Trix if availible. Played MY-CN/EN but only took toons to level 40. Both the language barriers and open PvP were not my thing. I definitely will be looking to join a mature and well run guild.

Hi there, it's always good to have some people from previous versions with experience come over to the PvE server ^^
  • crystalhaztazahs
    crystalhaztazahs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm quite interested in joining this guild! I agree with you on the PvP thing. I don't like the fact there's idiots going around starting drama and pking random players. OB hasn't started, and there's a lot of drama on the forums.

I'll be starting out as a wizard, level it up to a high level, then starting some other classes just to help out the guild(and have fun on other classes) if they need a particular class in a party or a FB.(Like a cleric, tank, or puller) I'm not sure which ones I'll be doing next. I'll tell my IGN once OB is up.

I'm quite new here, and I haven't played any other PW version. I'm looking forward to meet you soon and the rest of the guild members in game.
  • sassyhilly
    sassyhilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I would be interested in joining this guild as well. I am a noob when it comes to this as this is the first game I have played (as of yesterday). If you don't mind having me around. I am a quick learner and will do what I can to help out. I would like to be a Cleric and my IGN would be Khalan if available.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hi crystalhaztazahs and sassyhilly ^^

new players are very welcome also. XD

I'm in the process of trying to convince some level 90+ friends from another version to join us on the PvE server, instead of the PvP server, so hopefully there will be some experienced people who can answer any questions you have about PW once open beta starts.
  • animefan
    animefan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hi kittykat,

I am also interested in joining, although I usually don't like to join a guild until I've got my characters up to around level 20. I've played an EP and MG up to 50 on the MY-EN Delphi server. The lag is what really got me :mad: and why I switched to here. When I found out they were going to provide a PVE option, I was ecstatic! I REALLY hated trying to take on a DQ miniboss and halfway into the fight, some jerk starts attacking me out of nowhere.

Anyway, I haven't settled on any names yet. Besides, if I were to list them ahead of time, I'll find that they've been taken by someone else by the time I can log in to create my characters. :cool:

As soon as I've created them though, I'll list them here.

Thanks for your time. Hope to see you all IG.
  • seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Do you have a vent/ts or skype name or website that we could contact you, since someone else my take your name in open beta just to be rude. So any info on how to keep in touch with you and everone else would be very helpful. And yes Heavens Tear is the only choice now for pve.
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hi animefan,

thanks for your interest ^^ please keep in touch. ;) i think initially, the level joining guild shouldn't really matter. if you actually have prior PW experience, it would be good to be part of the guild ASAP since you could provide information and tips to the new players.

seanie wrote: »
    Do you have a vent/ts or skype name or website that we could contact you, since someone else my take your name in open beta just to be rude. So any info on how to keep in touch with you and everone else would be very helpful. And yes Heavens Tear is the only choice now for pve.

hi there, since we don't have a name yet, we don't have a website yet. however, june, who will be joining us, will try to work out a nice forum for us when we do get a guild name up ^^ the name will decided by the would-be guild in open beta. i'm not too big on names, so it would be best if the intial people joining the guild had some input on it.

um..i plan on logging in as soon as the server opens so hopefully i should be KittyKat.

if not, we can stay in touch in this thread ^^
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No idea yet which guild I will join in OB, but it's nice to see something building up here.

I may give yours a try when it come up.

I too likes TW (even if I kinda sucks at PvP). What prevented us from TW in MY-EN was that our guild did not wanted to indulge into drama and KoS like it so frequently happens there. Playing on a PvE server will likely solve most of those annoyances.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmmm I might also be interested... Not sure if I will join a guild or make my own yet, but the main thing is Ive never been in a TW before, since I only PvE in every game... Like most here I cant stand the soap opera that comes along with dueling and whatnot

Plus I dont pay for the game, so I have to earn everything through in game gold (I already have a plan though)

But like Karmelia said its good to have some options around here
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hi karmelia and kaeriin,

well, i've managed to convince a lvl 90+ friend to join us on the PvE server. i'm in the process of trying to convince 3 more 90+ friends, who didn't like pvp much, to join us on the PvE server. they're all very experienced with TW, and some were officers in land-owning guilds. i ended up as a ceremonial commander towards the end of my stay in the land-owning guild i was in. so, hopefully we'll be able to achieve a nice balance of new and experienced TW people.

on another note, FYI, the plan i had in mind would be giving nearly 100% of the land income to those who particiapted in war every week (based on their level), even during the weeks with no war, nearly 100% of the land income will be given as salary. none of it will "disappear" as i will be keeping detailed spreadsheets of where all of the income goes and will make the spreadsheets available on the guild forum. a small percentage of the land income will go to the guild bank, but the guild bank will only be used for war related activites (i.e. building towers, buying carts, bidding land, paying back people for expanding guild to level 2 and 3..all of which will be detailed in the spreadsheets). none of the guild bank will be used to help individual players or groups of players obtain equipment. once guild forum is up, i'll be posting a detailed plan of what i have in mind and seeking feedback from everyone ^^

o..another FYI, because i'm not all that interested in actually running a guild (i.e. dealing with all the player issues) other than just war-related activities, a rotation of people for GM or vice-GM (say every week or every 2 weeks or so) might be fun, to give anyone who feels like they can run a guild the chance to do so or maybe realize that running a guild may not be for them.
  • seanie
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea running a guild isnt as easy as everone thinks, espically since gl has to be on alot for TWs among other things. I hope we can run FB and other instances as a guild, ill be going Blademaster Ill post my name here not posting it atm, dont want it stolen cause I may be at a PVA meeting when the OB starts. Also I am on PST I live in Arizona.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kittykat wrote: »
    well, i've managed to convince a lvl 90+ friend to join us on the PvE server. i'm in the process of trying to convince 3 more 90+ friends, who didn't like pvp much, to join us on the PvE server.

Looks like a nice beginning for the guild.

I raised a WF to level 91, so I'm not a newbie either.

As for TW, I got some experience of it while I was in Shades, but I was still relatively low level at that time, so i did not experienced it much. The other TW I experienced with Sanctuary were quite fun. There was no KoS wars, the opponents guilds were friendly guilds (save the last one vs Immortals), so I expect the atmosphere on the PvE server will be much like those.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kaeriin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sounds exciting! If it werent for my lack of exp on TW Id be up for the challenge of leader, mainly because Im very good at coming up with strategies in real time, never lose my cool, and Im as fair as it gets, but seeing I have no idea how TW works, people would just go "omg noob leader", but the idea of a rotation so that several people get to try it out sounds nice, that way everyone has a chance at seeing if they fit the role or not

I will also have ALOT of free time in the coming year... Obviously not all day like holidays, but I wont have a full time activity either, so thats a good thing

And I have a question... what about having multiple characters? I get bored playing just one, so Im planning on making 3 of them, now I assume I could only have 1 in the guild which would be pretty stupid, seeing as how I wouldnt be able to guild chat with the others... Thats annoying
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmmm... did I hear my name mentioned? Hi Kitty_Kat! Hi manorchid, kittyeatsushi, ivyslayer,myau,crystalhaztazahs,sassyhilly,animefan,seanie,karmelia,kaeriin! Originally, we were going to be on PVE West, but because there is only one starting PVE server, for an indefinite period of time, we may as well play on Heaven's Tear. Plus, as a server name, "Heaven's Tear" sounds much more appealing to me that "Plume City." (Maybe because I grew up in a Plume city, a smoke plum filled city. ^_^ Just kidding. If it were open, then that's where I would probably have been.)

~~~~~~~~

Is it possible for people to think of guild names? Then we could discuss them. (I'm itching to reserve a name for the forum site.) And from the name, we can derive the default theme. A guild name like "Gangrene" would be paired with a site filled with images of disease and infection and screenshots from the swampy areas and skeletons. A guild name like "Love4ever" would have red and pink hearts all over the place and screenshots from peach dock and people in "embrace" or weddings. A guild name like "★Justice★" might have images from Archosaur, etc. Anyway, the themes will be selectable, and we can have a poll on the forum to decide which will be the default theme that visitors will see.

~~~~~~~~

I've had some experience in Territory War with both victories and losses. In all, I've leveled a Venomancer and cleric to 76, and a Warrior and Mage to like 68, so I haven't got to the end stage (especially without the new skills available that we have now on Perfect World International for level 79 and 100, I stopped playing in MY-EN around 5 months ago.) I don't see my self as like a power player, but can help support the guild the best way I can.

Like Kitty_Kat, I really don't see myself in a leadership role where I would want to be guild master. A rotation system, or maybe a democratic process may work. The main thing, is whoever is guild master at the time (a.k.a. "leader", the current in game name :p ) will be the boss. ^_^ I've seen a council system with equal shared power, and it's not pretty when people cannot agree (though PKing is a big area of disagreement we will not have on the PVE server, thankfully! And no more worrying about KoS, "Kill on Sight" from other guilds.)

I think maybe once we have enough members, which may or may not be until open beta starts, then we can decide on a guild name?

Be seeing everyone! ^_~
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kaeriin wrote: »
    And I have a question... what about having multiple characters? I get bored playing just one, so Im planning on making 3 of them, now I assume I could only have 1 in the guild which would be pretty stupid, seeing as how I wouldnt be able to guild chat with the others... Thats annoying

To answer your question regarding having alts in the guild. I think that as long as we have space and as long as your alts are active, it shouldn't be a problem to have them all in the guild. I think the understanding would be that if we do start reaching the 200 limit cap, we might have to alternate your active ones. This seem to be the standard procedure in most of the guilds I've seen until they hit the 200 member limit. If you become an Executor, Marshall, Director, or Leader (current officer rank names in the game, which sorely needs to be changed) in the guild, then you will be able to rotate your alts yourself. ^_^

karmelia wrote: »
    I raised a WF to level 91, so I'm not a newbie either.

Very far from being a newbie. ^_^" Would you like to be the guild leader? We need a strong leader I think, especially in the initial stages of the guild.

• karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    june wrote: »
    [Very far from being a newbie. ^_^" Would you like to be the guild leader? We need a strong leader I think, especially in the initial stages of the guild.

I'm afraid I would not make a good leader. I'm much to impulsive.
    kaeriin wrote:

The main problem with multiple chars is that in the later levels (80+) levelling get very slow, so your 3 chars will somewhat stagnate at that point (or even sooner) And in a TW, one higher level char is better that 3 mid level ones, since you can only play one at a time.

I would recommand you roll 2 chars : one that will be your main, the one you'll play regularly; and a second one you'll play from time to time, to remove the boredness (is that a word in english?) of levelling your main.
    about the guild name

Not really any idea so far, but I hope something not too gruesome (gangrene X_x)

• kaeriin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well the thing is Im taking Eunice/Rosalin into account... Having 3 chars is alot more effective than having just one because even if you only play one of them for a week, the others will still get a lvl just from logging in 15 minutes to do Eunice ^^ thats how I did it

Also Im really undecided on which char start with..it depends on whether I can get a power lvling party at the start or not... I want my main to be an EP, but a solo fox obviously leaps ahead of anything when starting, unless you have a good elf party (plus being the first to 20 means being the first to catch rare pets myself and knowing when they will respawn.. AH!)

As for names, I actually made a "Zodiac" guild in CB just for fun (Im the sole member, the leader LOL, didnt invite anyone)... I like one word names, specially ones that sound mystical.. I also like "Eclipse", but its a rather common name

Well as long as it isnt something corny like LORDSOFHELL and **** like that ^^
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Not really any idea so far, but I hope something not too gruesome (gangrene X_x)
    Unfortunately, that is my favorite. *tongue-in-cheek*
    kaeriin wrote: »
    I also like "Eclipse", but its a rather common name
    I like celestial type names also, like Solstice, Equinox, Aurora, Andromeda, etc.

I made a test page during the weekend with the name Radiance which can be changed any time (but it helps to have a theme in order to build the site):
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm306/aliaporci/Radiancecopy.jpg

It's progressed a little since then. I've recoded the website so that it will be easier to change the color scheme. I've added Member's shoutbox and playlist and some basic javascript effects, and narrowed the width of the column in order for there to be more room for pictures so it doesn't look so basic. I also plan to add a forum jumps, and an announcement box on the index page listing the current guild leaders, and event/war status and a link to the forum rules and guild charter. The forum categories aren't set yet either. I will take more screenshots when I feel the website looks more presentable.

Choosing a name is so hard. Originally, I liked names like Charisma, Allure, Luscious, Glamour, or Elegance, but I'm afraid they're not neutral enough. On the other end of the spectrum is like Bloodbath, Necrosis, Vileness, Corrupt, Decreprit, Hysteria, Slaughter, Infection,GODSOFWAR, or Lobotomy (which are names I wouldn't want to have over my character.) I kind of like name that will make for bright nice look Guild Logos if they're implemented here. Like the name, "Cat's Meow" with Luna-P as the guild logo.
    http://www.qserenity.com/lna6.jpg
    But seriously, my vote is for something neutral and on the lighter side of the divide? Maybe like Radian(t/ce), Glory (ious), Cavalier,Spirit, Excel,Shimmer,Virtue,Supreme...?
  • seanie
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm a few guild names
    1)Magnacarta Yes it was a game but it meant forbidden magic so sounds kinda cool
    2)Bloodknights Hope it doesnt sound to emo lol
    3)Sinners
    4)Tempest
    5)Lightbringers
    6)Nightfall
    7)Skeletoncrew
    8)Maleviolence
    9)Nova
    10)DeathDealers

Just a few names I thought of might be good. Also I do like the name Radiance