Options

Comments

• june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    seanie wrote: »
    Hmm a few guild names
    1)Magnacarta Yes it was a game but it meant forbidden magic so sounds kinda cool
    2)Bloodknights Hope it doesnt sound to emo lol
    3)Sinners
    4)Tempest
    5)Lightbringers
    6)Nightfall
    7)Skeletoncrew
    8)Maleviolence
    9)Nova
    10)DeathDealers

Just a few names I thought of might be good. Also I do like the name Radiance
    Nice, I like Nova and Tempest! Most of the rest are too long for in the game. Like DeathDealers would have to be shortened to DeathDeal. :/ I think there is a 9 character limit for the faction name at the moment. Yay! Someone likes Radiance!
  • seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm does anyone have a vent or TS server we could use for when OB gets started?
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hmm does anyone have a vent or TS server we could use for when OB gets started?
    Hmm... I don't think Kitty_Kat has one. Maybe someone will join us who has one already. *puppy eyes* Are there any of the free ones good?
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I dont like talking so thats out for me lol I type fast enough anyway, so I dont hope thats a factor... I would hate if vent or whatever was needed for a rank or something, not being able to buy cash shop items is bad enough as it is, dont want more disandvantages

Anyway, I really like where youre going with names JUNE, celestial names sound alot more respectable.. I want people to look at the guild name and think "wow they must be nice, I wanna join" and those "DeathLegion" etc are the opposite
  • seanie
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have an open vent
  • crystalhaztazahs
    crystalhaztazahs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Radiance or Nova sounds like a beautiful guild name.

Same here Kaeriin, I don't have a microphone or anything and I'm not really into the vent stuff. I can type fast too.

For characters, I think I'll play a Werefox at first cause they level up so fast and the rest of the extra money I get from it can be funded for other things.. Then maybe wizard. Can't really make my mind up, both are fun characters to play.
  • seanie
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well you could always listen if you dont have a mic, for me its harder to type cause of my paralzation I lost muscle control of the sides of my arms, so sometimes my hands slip when typing so its easier for me to voice chat.
  • animefan
    animefan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    My name contribution: Eternal, Eternals, Ascend. (modify as needed):D

Vent or TS are great for FB runs and etc. I'm sure they would make TW easier to control. But like the others above, I'm more of a listener than a talker.
  • kittykat
    kittykat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    o.O so many more posts all of a sudden ^^

There are actually quite a bit of ppl interested in the guild who are not active on the forums, so regarding the guild name, if you people who are here can come up with something good ^^ then we can go ahead with that name. if not, we can wait until OB starts to involve as many ppl as possible.

as for the officers, i thought a bit more on this. here's what i have in mind. initially, i'll create the level 1 guild and remain as GM for a bit (TBD). however, asap we will get a rotation for VGM. VGM has basically the same powers (non-TW that is) that GM has. so, once the guild and the forums are up, i'll have a thread and time slots for people who want to give VGM a try. there will be some requirements, of course, but should allow most ppl who think they are up to it to give it a try. during this VGM rotation, me being GM will be purely ceremonial (think of me as the queen of england) and the VGM as the prime minister. after that, i'll switch to the ceremonial VGM spot and have a rotation of GMs.

however, once war starts, i would like to be GM in order to implement the salary and TW plans i touched on earlier.

as for commanders and captains, i initially would like to fill those positions with experienced PW players at first. they would be responsible for recruitment and also helping out the newer players.

also, soon after guild and forum formation, i will be seeking loans to upgrade the guild to level 2 and later on level 3, depending on fast the guild is filled up. this will hopefully not be donations, but will be counted as loans to the guild to be paid back once we start getting land income.

edit: sorry, i'm unfamilar with officer names in this version, so i used the names for MY version.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I too like "Radiance" for a guild's name.

As for a vocal communication software, for TW it's practically an obligation to at least be able to listen to the commander's order. By the time you type anything you can end up dead.

Anyway, only the various players that are in command have to speak in TW, the others only need to listen and talk when they have some important information to transmit. otherwise, the orders get lost in useless chitchat.

So it's allright if you don't want to talk, but being able to listen would be helpful.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • imahotfrog
    imahotfrog Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I shall put 3 more names on the table

BiG'n'Fat
    BigDaddy
    UgotOwneD

:D
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hey everyone ^^ since June has been working hard on a mock forum and will be working hard to provide us a really nice official forum, maybe June should make the final decision on a guild name XD

it may be better to have a guild name before OB if that will give June time to work on the forum before OB starts. we wouldn't want to have June spend too much time on making the forum after OB starts.

want to wait a couple of more days and see what others think? up to you guys.
  • spambox
    spambox Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have a few suggestions for the name ripped directly from wikipedia if you don't mind keeping with the game's theme.

Tianming (天命 "Mandate of Heaven") "divine mandate, God's will; fate, destiny; one's lifespan"
    Tianxia (天下, lit. "all under heaven") "the world, earth; China"
    Tiandi (天地, lit "heaven and earth") "the world; the universe"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tian#Compounds
  • acore
    acore Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    :D add me kitty add me woot woot

:rolleyes: hmm

pvp story
    a long long time ago.... wait nvm
    this is what happens me+others=me 5 feet under pushing up daisy's:o

People Have A Nice Day!
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    I too like "Radiance" for a guild's name.

As for a vocal communication software, for TW it's practically an obligation to at least be able to listen to the commander's order. By the time you type anything you can end up dead.

Anyway, only the various players that are in command have to speak in TW, the others only need to listen and talk when they have some important information to transmit. otherwise, the orders get lost in useless chitchat.

So it's allright if you don't want to talk, but being able to listen would be helpful.

hmm didn't noticed you can speak in Perfect World or future not available yet?:confused:

EDIT: sorry if it sounds noob question :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seanie
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Talked to kittykat tonight and a few people on vent.
  • kaeriin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Im not a big fan of radiance actually, I keep thinking about radiation instead LOL but that seems to be the consensus... Id be up for something more like "Ascension"
  • kittyeatsushi
    kittyeatsushi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think Radiance is a nice name ^^

My suggestions woulda included Exalted, Sanctity, Sanctuary, Eternal, and Euphoria.

I wouldn't mind 'FreeCookiesHere' either :3
  • lazycat
    lazycat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Radiance sounds like.. u know.. shampoo..

your hair shall shine with radiance, kinda thing.

I like UgotOwneD
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lazycat wrote: »
    I like UgotOwneD

I think it sound childish...
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kaeriin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Was that even serious? Because its the worst name someone could come up with
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hi everybody! It's neat to see everyone getting involved with it. By the way, it's just a mock site. The name doesn't have to be set in stone. ^_~
    imahotfrog wrote: »

BiG'n'Fat
    BigDaddy
    UgotOwneD

I think we should avoid UgotOwneD, because I think we're trying to form a PVE based guild, and UOD sounds like a we don't want any allies and would be bad even on the PVP server. Though, I have to admit, it is a funny name, like making an Elf Cleric called "IHelpUDie." Also we may as well call the guild "HotMama" instead of BigDaddy... I think I got tricked... Are these serious? ^_^"
    spambox wrote: »
    I have a few suggestions for the name ripped directly from wikipedia if you don't mind keeping with the game's theme.

Tianming (天命 "Mandate of Heaven") "divine mandate, God's will; fate, destiny; one's lifespan"

Even though Perfect World takes place within the Chinese mythos, I'm not sure we should have a Chinese name for the guild, only because most of the people we will be trying to recruit will may not understand it. So from our name, people won't had a sense of what the guild is about. (Even on MY-EN Oracle with a high Chinese speaking population, all the major guild names are English words, and not Chinese Pinyin. Though I like names Tian (which also means "Sky" and "Day" to others for reference) like
    天渊之别 Heaven Ocean Abyss Separation ~ meaning the vast gulf between Heaven and Earth
    天长地久 Heaven Long Earth Lasting ~ meaning as unending as Heaven and Earth
    Those names would really only make sense if we were on a Chinese server or trying to attract Chinese speaking guild members....

I think Radiance is a nice name ^^

My suggestions woulda included Exalted, Sanctity, Sanctuary, Eternal, and Euphoria.

I wouldn't mind 'FreeCookiesHere' either :3

FreeCookiesHere is beyond the guild name character limit. We'll have to shorten it to FreeCooks which is almost as good, because a cook could make all sorts of cookies, but cookies will be gone once they're eaten. Also, everyone knows it's bad to attack the cooks or they will starve, so no one will attack us. =^.^=

I've seen another guild use the name Sanctuary on MY-EN, (maybe from VCO? the guild was really cool there). Don't know if they're moving here. I started a small guild call Eternity once, and I don't know if the MY-EN one is migrating here. It's a really nice name. I kind of like Euphoria, but it's almost like calling a guild Ecstasy or Bliss, which may not be neutral enough? I like Exalted too.. Kind of like Divine, or Jubilee

kaeriin wrote: »
    Im not a big fan of radiance actually, I keep thinking about radiation instead LOL but that seems to be the consensus... Id be up for something more like "Ascension"
    Radiation is good for you! Solar radiation is what makes the plants grow and keep us all alive, or Earth would turn into a giant ball of ice! And when it comes to Territory War, we will incinerate and deatomize our enemies with the force of a nuclear antimatter supernova! Just kidding. :p

When I think about radiance, I think more of sunlight streaming through the cloud, the radiant glow of a smile, the ebullient feeling of joy in one's heart. Maybe another synonym would be like Brilliance, Luminous...

According to Merriam Webster:
    Radiance (noun) 1 : the quality or state of being radiant
    Radiant (adj)
    1 a: radiating rays or reflecting beams of light b: vividly bright and shining : glowing
    2: marked by or expressive of love, confidence, or happiness <a radiant smile>
    ... ;)
    http://pzavislak.googlepages.com/beamsofheavenSMALL.jpg
    http://wallpapers.pixxp.com/wallpapers/42/Sun_in_white_cloud.jpg
    http://images.google.com/images?q=radiant%20smile

I've known of a guild called Ascension before. Actually many big guilds. There is another guild in PWI currently called Transcend which is similar is meaning. It is a strong name, suggesting we will ascned above everyone else.

I have an open vent, setting it up atm. Will post it here in a sec. ok here it is IP : v2.hostventrilo.com, Port : 6278 PASSWORD : radpw1v1 Named it Radiance guild vent atm. Not on it now though have to go to work but will be on it later tonight hope this helps atm its a 25 person vent. Just bought it : ) You even have your own room June : )

Wow! Isn't that really expensive to buy? That is really great! (I'm a little vent shy. It's kind of like public speaking. I really dislike when people put me on speaker phone when I'm in a telephone conversation. That's one reason why I've been saying I wouldn't be a good leader. ^_^")

Everything Karmelia said is true about having a ventrillo/teamspeak system. Every guild I have been in, where there was territory war or the like, has used them. For those who aren't on vent though, usually there is someone who is typing all the important points brought up in vent into the chat window. Also, all the party leaders should be on vent, so those without it could just follow the party leader to where they need to be. When the forums are up, we can post guides for our operating procedure in TW for those that are new, (such as being familiarized with the territory war battlefield map, so when someone says "Enemy catapults at gate 1" everyone knows where is gate 1, and not get confused and go to gate 3 ^_^ ).

Because there seem to be more interest now, I will try to step it up and get the test site out soon so we can get a head start in open beta to have something for use as a recruiting tool!

Bye bye for now! Please have a good day/rest of the day!
  • kittykat
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hehe

I thought CareBear or FaceProblem would be funny names *ahem* all you PW-MY ppl should get it XD

anyways, personally guild name isn't that important to me as long as it's generally acceptable by majority of the people. i'm more concerned about the guild itself. if "Radiance" is acceptable to people for now, then we can have june go ahead and start working on the guild forum??? if there are some big objections to the guild name later, i guess we can decide on a new name then.
    spambox wrote: »

hi there spambox ^^ I would assume majority of players in the USA server would be speaking english, so using chinese characters may be a bit confusing. It was confusing for me on the PW-MY server, as I can't read chinese and had to ask ppl to translate for me. Even then, I still would get guilds that use chinese characters mixed up.
    imahotfrog wrote: »

BiG'n'Fat
    BigDaddy
    UgotOwneD

i met froggy in game. he likes funny names ;p he's just putting them on the table. i already told him that they're probably not going to be generally accepted. ^^ there's no need to take it seriously .
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    june wrote: »
    I've seen another guild use the name Sanctuary on MY-EN, (maybe from VCO? the guild was really cool there). Don't know if they're moving here.

I think I'll be the only Sanctuary member to move here. The others don't like the idea of having to start a new char from scratch.

• kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That seems like an interesting guild (enough for me to post my 1st post in this section of the forums).

I MAY want join it, but since I'm still quite active over MY-EN, I'll first see how much I play here. I don't want to say I'll join if I don't know whether I'll be active or not. Oh I'm lvl77 WF (venomancer) on MY-EN, however, have no TW experience. I'm not playing actively on CB, because of the wipe ^^; And I still don't know what char I will play xD (blademaster or venomancer).

Oh well, I'll remember this guild if I start playing here often ^^ And I agree that Radiance is a very nice name (and certainly an "acceptable" one enough to use it for now, if needed xD ). The other one I liked was "Exalted".

Good luck with the guild's birth ^^
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • melancholych
    melancholych Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I am interested in joining the guild, mainly because playing alone is boring, and the drama on the PVP server is an inevitable happening. The name Radiance sounds good, originally I was bent on forming my own guild on PvE but my guild names were way too long (Think LargeHadronCollider, FullMoonFollies, BridgeFallers, HalveMaen, Pedobears); so I decided "Guild names are way too hard to come up with, I'll just join a guild". =P Well it wasn't just that, reading through this thread I felt a sense of professionalism (If that's even a word) and organization from Kitty, Karmelia and June. My experience with PW is pretty much zero if you decide to count my lvl 10 WF on MY-EN, or my lvl 25 PWI Blademaster.
    So count me in.
  • seanie
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is what I think of for the Radiance thing I think of a mystical creature
    dragonfc1.th.jpg

Also June if you need help, I'm usually on vent PST time from 7-9 pm Ill be in your room if I am on, (Junes Room of Love).
  • spambox
    spambox Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Even though Perfect World takes place within the Chinese mythos, I'm not sure we should have a Chinese name for the guild, only because most of the people we will be trying to recruit will may not understand it. So from our name, people won't had a sense of what the guild is about. (Even on MY-EN Oracle with a high Chinese speaking population, all the major guild names are English words, and not Chinese Pinyin. Though I like names Tian (which also means "Sky" and "Day" to others for reference) like
    天渊之别 Heaven Ocean Abyss Separation ~ meaning the vast gulf between Heaven and Earth
    天长地久 Heaven Long Earth Lasting ~ meaning as unending as Heaven and Earth
    Those names would really only make sense if we were on a Chinese server or trying to attract Chinese speaking guild members....

You make a good point there.

To tangent off this, in an earlier post you stated you like celestial names.
    How about adding just Celestial to the growing list of recommendations?
  • blacksoulknight
    blacksoulknight Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    EUROPEAN is going to PVE heaven's tear, we might have some spots open then, contact BlackSoul
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    EUROPEAN is going to PVE heaven's tear, we might have some spots open then, contact BlackSoul

Please make you own recruitement thread. Posting yours in here is kinda rude....