Two thumbs down for PW-INT

Comments

• godcrusher
    godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    A lot more smoother gameplay than PW-MY, I gave up on MY before reaching level 2 ;x

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    roxy wrote: »
    Yes it is! =) I've met a few cool people so far, lol.
    By the way, I love your signature. It's so pretty! Did you design it? if so you're really good.

NO ^^ hehe I got a bit lazy at designing my own. I do have Adobe Photoshop CS3 though if you send me some SS of your character and your in game name I can make you a beautiful signature!
    I went to school for Desktop Publishing right after High school. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    NO ^^ hehe I got a bit lazy at designing my own. I do have Adobe Photoshop CS3 though if you send me some SS of your character and your in game name I can make you a beautiful signature!
    I went to school for Desktop Publishing right after High school. =]

All right, I sent you a pm ^^! Thanks!
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    roxy wrote: »
    All right, I sent you a pm ^^! Thanks!

NP! I should have it to you by tonight or tomorrow morning ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So this is now a sig thread?

Forum mod is hijacking the thread! :p:p:p

Back on track, problem is that so far the admins took some decisions that were not so good.

And many questions are left unanswered, or are answered rather vaguely so as to raise even more questions.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Forum mod is hijacking the thread! :p:p:p

Back on track, problem is that so far the admins took some decisions that were not so good.

And many questions are left unanswered, or are answered rather vaguely so as to raise even more questions.
    What you mean?
    Admins did good...

She means that admins, even if they answer they just give some excuse and act like if they don't understand(sometimes, and question relative to this thread)...
    For eg:
    xarfox wrote: »
    This contest is in fact on the front page, and your game's launcher.

Also its a contest, meaning, that it's something that has to be achieved.

If everyone was able to achieve it easily then it would be a giveaway not a contest. :)
    Nice contest...Make a char lv 40(wich will be wiped) and they give you 10$=6.67Euro(woaw!!! -- personally, i take this as an insult, they consider you as a poor person who even doesnt have 10$)
    How can they call something "contest" when its unfair contest, everybody dont begin at same time, i mean some even didnt brother lv their char(no PVE server).
    Besides lv 40, iam sorry but isnt easy to get, IF YOU HAVE A LIFE OUT OF PWI and school!! (they egsager)
    Ps: this is beta=find bugs, and not lv for something useless >>

They should have called this "Rewards given to chars reached lv 40"
    And then all seems ok... But calling this a contest, its really...
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    She means that admins, even if they answer they just give some excuse and act like if they don't understand(sometimes, and question relative to this thread)...
    For eg:

Nice contest...Make a char lv 40(wich will be wiped) and they give you 10$=6.67Euro(woaw!!! -- personally, i take this as an insult, they consider you as a poor person who even doesnt have 10$)
    How can they call something "contest" when its unfair contest, everybody dont begin at same time, i mean some even didnt brother lv their char(no PVE server).
    Besides lv 40, iam sorry but isnt easy to get, IF YOU HAVE A LIFE OUT OF PWI and school!! (they egsager)
    Ps: this is beta=find bugs, and not lv for something useless >>

They should have called this "Rewards given to chars reached lv 40"
    And then all seems ok... But calling this a contest, its really...

Your parents should have named you "****".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't understand... how come is 1000 ZEN equal to 10$... Probably ZEN is cubi-coin rather than cubi-gold? :(:(:(
  • siberian
    siberian Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Have you considered you may be over-reacting here? It's a free boost given as a reward for playing, it's not like they're asking you for something you weren't already doing anyway.

But hey, it's your life and you can be as angry and bizzare as you like - have fun with that.
  • godcrusher
    edited August 2008
    itch wrote: »

/Half Agree

**** is a bit harsh ;s
  • haze1771
    haze1771 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    *Now you tell us there is a prize for getting level 40 in closed beta. Don't you think it would have been better to tell us that before closed beta began? People didn't even bother with the closed beta because you offered no reward. Now, to get this reward we have to level to 40 on a pvp server with people already close to 40 that will just grief anyone trying to get the zen prize.

*The ridiculous names of classes, factions, guild titles, cities, etc. I can understand the desire to have your own names, but something a little less hideous than archosaur and squad would have been nice.

*There were four servers that were announced. The only two you bring up for closed beta are pvp servers with half of the community wanting a pve server. Then you announce that only two servers will be up at the start of closed beta.

*This horrible website. This isn't just me I've asked other people; the site is having problems with loading. Avatars aren't functional, images can't be displayed, you had the newbie section labeled n00b discussion, guild section isn't split between servers or pve/pvp.

*Administrator approved moderators. This is a bad decision. Not only does it show you don't want to pay someone for a job and expect free labor, it also shows favoritism. I don't doubt you will show favoritism in game, either. This has been done before, and it doesn't work.

*The restriction of acceptable modified characters. Seriously, what is wrong with fat pandas? Is fat panda hurting you or does fat panda have any kind of in game advantage? Pw-my has even stated they allow fat characters. You do realize some people are actually fat, or some women are flat chested? This is nothing more than discrimination on looks.

*Administrators and moderators treating the community like kids. I'm 30 years old, and I know plenty of adults that play this game. Being a little more professional would be nice, besides making me feel like I'm in some video arcade at the mall.

I got sucked into the hype, but I believe thats all this ever was. You show a lack of professionalism, you show lack of talent, you show favoritism, and you show a general ignorance of knowing what you are doing. As it stands, I'm just waiting on the open beta cash shop to be released so I can laugh at it and uninstall this game.

I agree on the leveling event, it was released a little too late. Closed bata i dont worry about leveling because there is no point really, they all get wiped in the end. I'll make every class of character and try different builds, or see which one i like the most and will want to play. If i would have know there was a 1000 zen prize 4 days from release of OB i would have made a char to lvl 40. Plus if i remember correctly in PW Malasia they was NO prize in the closed bata, correct me if Im wrong anyone, but I didnt get anything.

As for the 2 servers, it is a good idea...look at Rohan for example. they released OB with 5 servers and the game population is 20% full on every server and you have people complaining now about merging servers or they will quit. Mind you 70% of the entire player base has left that game already. That game is 2 months old into OB and its dead and full of B.S., gold farmers and bots.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Please do not begin flaming each other. If the flaming continues then this thread full of good feedback will have to be closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    haze1771 wrote: »
    Plus if i remember correctly in PW Malasia they was NO prize in the closed bata, correct me if Im wrong anyone, but I didnt get anything.

I think there was a levelling event much like this one. The winners won some in-game gold.The catch was that you had to make a char on Oracle. They could not give the gold if you rolled on Delphi.

As for the levelling event here... They probably saw a serious decrease in players on the servers, so they pulled this one to try and bring back players in. Main problem is that most players won't be able to make it to 40 in 4 or 5 days anyway, so in the end, it may ****-off more players than it will please.

New players most likely tried every class to see which one they liked most. Few of them will make it to 40.

Many PvE players never bothered with the closed beta to begin with, since they decided to not release a PvE server.

So in the end, the majority of the players who'll make it to 40 are the hardcore PvPers who made it to 30 to PvP a bit in closed beta.

I don't know who decided about this event, but he certainly did not thought too much about it before putting it in. And as usual, they refuse to see their mistake. Management more and more start to looks like Cubinet....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    itch wrote: »
    godcrusher wrote: »
    /Half Agree

**** is a bit harsh ;s

Who are you to tell how i should be named?
    You DON'T KNOW ME!!!
    TAKE WHAT YOU SAID OUT BEFOR I GET MAD *****
  • shendul
    shendul Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    *The ridiculous names of classes, factions, guild titles, cities, etc. I can understand the desire to have your own names, but something a little less hideous than archosaur and squad would have been nice.

This thread has made me actually want to play the game more because of how well the admins replied and stuff. Anyways to the point. In my opinion squad sounds much better and in case you did not already know in old times they DID have squads of troopers. As for the other names...hello it is their game they can name stuff whatever they want to. On top of that the names i have seen so far are fine. it's not like the names make you want to puke when you hear them.

I look forward to the Open Beta.:)
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    shendul wrote: »
    This thread has made me actually want to play the game more because of how well the admins replied and stuff. Anyways to the point. In my opinion squad sounds much better and in case you did not already know in old times they DID have squads of troopers. As for the other names...hello it is their game they can name stuff whatever they want to. On top of that the names i have seen so far are fine. it's not like the names make you want to puke when you hear them.

I look forward to the Open Beta.:)

In my opinion, the admins try their best to satisfy everyone by doing positive changes, but there will always be people who will be unsatisfied with it. No one can satisfy every single person - it's a fact.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • godcrusher
    edited August 2008
    Cause satisfying one can make another unsatisfied. :)
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I suspect that PWI's reasoning was that those who can't possibly get the free Zen at this late date have still received what they were promised--a chance to try the Closed Beta--while those who can get it receive an extra bonus. No one loses, so everyone should be happy, right?

Unfortunately, human nature doesn't work that way. Sure, the guy who's passed over for promotions gets to keep his same old job, but he's still frustrated to see others get something he would have liked.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Who are you to tell how i should be named?
    You DON'T KNOW ME!!!
    TAKE WHAT YOU SAID OUT BEFOR I GET MAD *****

If you'd stop posting this kind of ****, you wouldn't have half the forum talking behind your back and a fourth of it insulting you on the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The only thing i don't like about that event is the prize. It would be fine if it was anything else, but 1000zen? -_-

p.s.: yeah, i skipped all the 9 pages of complaints and flames
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    then dont play the less whiners the better it gets annoying to read the " i hate this game and this company" threads posted by people that play the game if you dont like the game or the company simply dont play we are all better off without these lame whine **** threads popping up all the time
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    those threads will pop up often simply because no-one can please everybody.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godcrusher
    edited August 2008
    He meant they should've left, but I'm guessing they would want some support, attention and some lulz xD
  • bacardi0
    bacardi0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Didnt bother reading any of the pages before.. or even the first post.

You snooze you loose.

You partisipate in CB to help them find bugs and testing not so you can enjoy yourself. They could of just did private CB but instead they gave us all the chance to test out the new international servers. Now your saying its unfair because of a new event to level to 40(your probably alleveled before even knowing about the event and have probably helped greatly with testing and bugs.ready lvl 30 and just pk or didnt even bother lvling past 10-20) where theres already levels 40-50 that didnt even know about the event but leveled anyways. Either because they love the game, test for buggs or even to get more experienced with the higher level content for OB. Knowledge is everything.
    Bacardi for the Party!

Server: Lost City
    IGN: Bacardi
    Race: Barbarian
    Level: 3x
    Guild: Quantum Leader
    We will be recruiting "experienced"(basic MMO experience or PW MY experience).
    Send me pm on forums about yourself and what race you play to join!! :)
  • kaien
    kaien Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Honestly, I think PW-Int Admins are doing a wonderful job. Well, they show official behavior on the forums, atleast. You all answer in a brilliant way, answering as much as you can, and in a polite and fair manor. Thumbs up to Mods and Admins!

The only thing out of this rant I really found noticable is the fat panda limit(lol).
    It is understandable why the limits are as they are, but I feel the whole weight/muscle thing could be increased a bit. I wanted a fat and muscular warrior( a football player build :D ) and couldnt really get it, I ended up with a distorted man with some giant slate of muscle jutting out of his stomach, not abs, not stomach, heaven forbid whatever the heck it was O.o All I am trying to say is that the weight/muscle limits should be increased, as some people are bigger then others, and I just like having a diversity in people.

I know this is not the place to suggest ideas, as said before, posting ideas like this on forums make topics Rant-Hores( or whatever you said, It was wise never the less :3 ) And It was killing me having my new siggy I made and not knowing if it worked or not, lol.

Edit: bah it didnt go through >.>; well its working now. Ill go rant on a different forum and see it in action~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ken
    ken Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i was actually skimmed through all the pages lolz, enjoyed lil
    there are alot of good/bad ideas and reasons, and flames xD
    anyway just let the topic go
    the more discussions, the more arguements
    lets be patient until Open Beta
  • pabling
    pabling Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That's why they call it "A challenge"

if this event was introduced before CB, then it's no more a challenge, it's almost like a GIVEAWAY event since level 40 isn't that hard to achive for a 1 and half week...
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kaien wrote: »
    Honestly, I think PW-Int Admins are doing a wonderful job. Well, they show official behavior on the forums, atleast. You all answer in a brilliant way, answering as much as you can, and in a polite and fair manor. Thumbs up to Mods and Admins!

I totally agree with this one. :D:D