Closed Beta is shuttered - Open Beta launches 3 p.m. (PDT) today!

Options

Comments

• infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    why so greedy. should be a pleasure that you can 'play' it before it's goes live. so calm down ur greed a bit

It was just a question. It's awfully rude for calling people greedy for asking a question. The person didn't even say we should get something for playing on CB. Just asked if we were.
  • robertjanvaneijk
    robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dvorak wrote: »
    The current Closed Beta playtesting period will come to an end on Wednesday, August 27 at 7 p.m. PDT (10 p.m.for you East Coasters).

Gameplay will resume on Tuesday, September 2nd at 2 p.m. with the launch of Perfect World's OPEN Beta.

Do keep in mind that all of your current progress and characters will be wiped at the end of the Closed beta period so enjoy this experience while you can. But fear not, with the launch of the Open beta all characters, stats and data are permanent components of your account for as long as you choose to play our game.

See you in-game!
    ~dvorak~

So our closed beta characters will be deleted when the closed beta ends. But how long does the open beta last and will we hold those characters permanent when the game goes official after the open beta ended?
  • robertjanvaneijk
    robertjanvaneijk Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    why so greedy. should be a pleasure that you can 'play' it before it's goes live. so calm down ur greed a bit

It bwould be cool if we get something like a special item for playing in teh CB. This is also with other MMORPG's if you played in the CB.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    But how long does the open beta last and will we hold those characters permanent when the game goes official after the open beta ended?

You won't see any difference between open beta and final release, so it don,t matter much.

And yes, the chars we will make in open beta will be our permanent ones. No more wipes. The only wipe will be at the end of closed beta.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It bwould be cool if we get something like a special item for playing in teh CB. This is also with other MMORPG's if you played in the CB.
    i do see a reason in this madness if you are talking about CB players. ofcourse above all, it is totaly optional anyway. would be nice and rewarding, but i can live without it just as good.
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So Closed Beta Ends at August 27, and Open Beta will be at September 2, so what will happen in those 6 days after the end of Closed Beta and before the opening of Open Beta??

sealed~
  • mazterl
    mazterl Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hopefully getting the PVE servers up and implementing the last few things on the PvP servers. Bug fixing, glitch correcting, Opening the last Unavailable Quests and implementing the PW Boutique.

And wiping 2 servers isn't just the click of a button ;) Need to reset the whole damn thing.
    "Normality is the Death of Personality,
    Less Idelogy, More Fantasy."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I am willing to pay USD$ to keep my account and all my characters/stats/items
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bangbang wrote: »
    I am willing to pay USD$ to keep my account and all my characters/stats/items

lol??

sealed~
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So closed beta ends at 2nd sept now ? Great! I was thinking one week without PW would be boring, this is better :P
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nevermind.
    -severan
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    irbis wrote: »
    well technicaly it ends at 27 as in betwen you will noit be able to log on.
    so its ->27th<-a little one weak vacations->2nd start of OB

Just changed the Original Post a few minutes ago to say this:

"The current Closed Beta playtesting period will come to an end on Tuesday, September 2 at 10 a.m. PDT (1 p.m.for you East Coasters).

Gameplay will resume 4 hours later that very same day at 2 p.m. with the launch of Perfect World International's OPEN Beta.

This initial launch will open with 1 PVP server (Lost City) and 1 PVE server (Heaven's Tear). "

Closed Beta has been extended right up to 4 hours prior to the launch of Open Beta. No change in date for the OB release.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hehe yea just noticed that and was about to edit my post also.
    cool
    shame its doesnt matter for me as i constantly fail to win again this update/patcher bug on the very start.... ;(
    -severan
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This initial launch will open with 1 PVP server (Lost City) and 1 PVE server (Heaven's Tear). "

For the benefit of those who planned to play on the west server, does that means that the plan to open 4 server is scrapped for now, or will you open the west servers soon after the East ones?

We must know that, since if the opening of the west server is postponed, we will not wait for them to open up and go play on the east ones.

And, the wipe is still official after closed beta?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    For the benefit of those who planned to play on the west server, does that means that the plan to open 4 server is scrapped for now, or will you open the west servers soon after the East ones?

We must know that, since if the opening of the west server is postponed, we will not wait for them to open up and go play on the east ones.

And, the wipe is still official after closed beta?

The servers are being optimized for both east and west coast users now. The difference in ping should be negligible regardless of which coast you are playing from.

In other words, just play on whatever server fits your playstyle (pve vs pvp) regardless of where you live in the US.

and yes, all Closed Beta player data will be wiped.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • duckweeded
    duckweeded Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    why not start OB weekend we have three days free b4 labor day lol
  • sealed
    edited August 2008
    Options
    School starts on monday for me >.<

sealed~
  • kamina
    kamina Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have two days to play before my school starts on the 4th. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Kamina
    Class: Lv. 58 EA
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: UnLimited
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Why won't you start OB during the weekend? Why does it have to be during the weekdays? People who work on weekdays are gonna have difficulties on getting a good start. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    itch wrote: »
    Why won't you start OB during the weekend? Why does it have to be during the weekdays? People who work on weekdays are gonna have difficulties on getting a good start. :(

Maybe the admins and tech team don't want to work on the weekend, like everyone else?

Anyway, 2 or 3 days late won't be the end of the world. And those starting later will have to play in much less crowded beginner's area.

• zmaster
    zmaster Posts: 0
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Awsome news...
    But, wasnt this supose to be in Oficial Anoucements?? I think we need a bit more "Organisation" in the forum! :)
  • blackigel
    blackigel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    good News =) ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-www.gsy-network.de
  • sur94
    sur94 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok, I am posting because is there a problem in the closed beta bet because it did`nt lets me sign in. It said your username and password is incorrect.
  • blackigel
    blackigel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sur94 wrote: »
    Ok, I am posting because is there a problem in the closed beta bet because it did`nt lets me sign in. It said your username and password is incorrect.

You must use the same username to login for the Servers ingame...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-www.gsy-network.de
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sur94 wrote: »

Usernames and passwords are the same than the one you use on these forums. Make sure you are typing them right, and that capslock is off.

And that you applied a beta key to your account.

• birdie
    birdie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    by the amount of people who just plain don't read the thread that they want to post on.
    72 diff posts (exagerating here but not by much) on will we get to keep our names. and will we get something for testing the CB.
    SIGHHHHHHHHH

Come on people just read the thread before posting the same question that was asked 2 posts before yours (no exageration here).
  • kittykat
    kittykat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The servers are being optimized for both east and west coast users now. The difference in ping should be negligible regardless of which coast you are playing from.

In other words, just play on whatever server fits your playstyle (pve vs pvp) regardless of where you live in the US.

and yes, all Closed Beta player data will be wiped.

Does that mean the PvE server event times will be based on eastern time zone?

3 hour difference between the 2 coasts does make a big difference, especially during weekday events.

edit: Before open beta starts, I hope the GMs can clarify the time zone of the servers for event times when they say they're "optimzing" for east and west.
  • rizlaz
    rizlaz Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sorry I just reallllllly dont feel like read through all of this for one question.
    If anyone asked it or it has been answered. Sorry again. Im just not that much of a very long forum reader.
    I'll post alot lol but reading giant things ill stick to school.
    Anywho....

Heres my question.
    Please send me a private message or something with the answer or post here which ever.
    My guild just needs to know.
    This initial launch will open with 1 PVP server (Lost City) and 1 PVE server (Heaven's Tear).

That /\ is East right?
    What about West?
    Cause I would really like to not have to play with RageQuit. Most of my old friends are there but just no thanks. <--( dont flame this sentence either, I do NOT have to like them just because some people do.)
    If I have to meh oh well I'll play regardless but it would be preffered.
    Also my ping is much higher in East then West. Most of my guild is aswell.
    Well not my guild but the guild I am apart of.

So please please please let us know. Is West being removed completely? or Are you going to open EtherBlade and so on there aswell???
    [SIGPIC]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7927/rizlazsignaturefh0.png[/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Rizlaz
    Class: Cleric
    Level: N/A
    Server: Lost City (For OB)
    Guild :Guardians
  • xiondragon20
    xiondragon20 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ya i would also like to know about the West PvP server how long will it take
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Question:... will we need to download a new client? -hope not