Closed Beta is shuttered - Open Beta launches 3 p.m. (PDT) today!

Options

Comments

• momoke
    momoke Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    magoo wrote: »
    We are testing it for them >_>
    helping find bugs so they can work on them before ob.
    And guess what ... thats what ob is for too.

Im was stick around till Stargate Worlds comes out
    but the game is pretty good so i might play here longer ^_^.

~Magoo.

I've beta tested before, but this is the only time where they deleted the accounts, i can understand beta testing and just finding bugs, but if others let you keep your guy, then why shouldn't perfect world? Maybe they don't want us to have a advantage
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In many games I've beta tested ( closed beta ) there isn't any single game that didn't do a character wipe. lol.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Would it be fun to get PK'd by lv6x characters once you hit lv30 on OB?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saphric
    saphric Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    momoke wrote: »
    I've beta tested before, but this is the only time where they deleted the accounts, i can understand beta testing and just finding bugs, but if others let you keep your guy, then why shouldn't perfect world? Maybe they don't want us to have a advantage

You obviously haven't beta tested often enough. It's pretty standard practice to delete characters after closed beta. It'd be rare if they DIDN'T
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They nearly always wipe CB, seeing as it provides an uneven advantage to those who couldn't play it.

So IDK what your talking about xD
  • arann
    arann Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    balthazar wrote: »
    They nearly always wipe CB, seeing as it provides an uneven advantage to those who couldn't play it.

So IDK what your talking about xD

Well honestly, we are helping them out by testing. Don't we get anything as a thank you?
    I'm new to MMORPG, so finding out that i'm going to loose a guy i worked hard to level up is a bummer.

Guess that's how the cookie crumbles.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    momoke wrote: »

Every single game I've played cb have had a wipe, not saying there weren't cbs I read about not getting wiped but there were very few.
  • nello
    nello Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Can somebody tell me 2 p.m. of what GMT?
    Tq~
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nello wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me 2 p.m. of what GMT?
    Tq~

GMT-8. Pacific Time. :)

Hope that helps.
    6to4uv.jpg

• nello
    nello Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    roxy wrote: »
    GMT-8. Pacific Time. :)

Hope that helps.

Yeah it helps a lot, ty! ^^
    So it should be 12 p.m gmt+1 if i'm not wrong! (with the solar hour on)
  • llama
    llama Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In many games I've beta tested ( closed beta ) there isn't any single game that didn't do a character wipe. lol.

Actually I know this since my friends over in malay helped the beta.

Not only did you keep your characters they gave 3M ingame gold to each character over 80. Those who know this, it explains a little bit of the questioning. 1 For one don't really care. CB is a time to gather people for guilds for OB more than anything besides testing.

Also my question is. Is there going to be maybe a drop or experience event to reward the beta testers?
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    Options
    llama wrote: »
    Actually I know this since my friends over in malay helped the beta.

Not only did you keep your characters they gave 3M ingame gold to each character over 80. Those who know this, it explains a little bit of the questioning. 1 For one don't really care. CB is a time to gather people for guilds for OB more than anything besides testing.

Also my question is. Is there going to be maybe a drop or experience event to reward the beta testers?

No, there will not be a drop / exp event to reward the beta testers.
    6to4uv.jpg

• arann
    arann Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No, there will not be a drop / exp event to reward the beta testers.

Do CB beta Testers get anything as a reward for helping the game?
  • aretsukusu
    aretsukusu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is my first time testing a Closed Beta game. The admins have good enough reasons to not reward beta testers. Actually.. you have already been rewarded! To test the game! (Awesome face)

Just wait for the Open Beta to be out and forget about getting something special for testing. I care about how much i have leveled up in CB, but you will need to face it xD
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thank You Admins but its still when school is around:(
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    showharu wrote: »
    Thank You Admins but its still when school is around:(

Then you go to school, and you play when you are back.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In one game I was close beta tester in, we had 3 wipes...

So get over with it. There will be a wipe. It was announced before it started. If you don't like it, you should have waited for the open beta phase.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    In one game I was close beta tester in, we had 3 wipes...

So get over with it. There will be a wipe. It was announced before it started. If you don't like it, you should have waited for the open beta phase.

Err relax, I not mad im actually happy its coming. I know how to organize my school, work and play time so dont go jumping on me.

:confused: Maybe I should of mentioned i was still happy next my thread:D
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    showharu wrote: »
    Err relax, I not mad im actually happy its coming. I

My post was not directed to anyone in particular....

• wyatterp
    wyatterp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This may of been answered but please don't blow me up for it, i just dont want to read 20 pages of posts. Will we be able to recreate the same name Char after the wipe?
  • sanscosm
    sanscosm Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wyatterp wrote: »
    This may of been answered but please don't blow me up for it, i just dont want to read 20 pages of posts. Will we be able to recreate the same name Char after the wipe?
    If I am not mistaken, yes, unless someone gets to it first. :p
  • wyatterp
    wyatterp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Cool thanks
  • cashnight
    cashnight Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well this really sucks. :( But oh well I got to know more about the game and learn where to go. So I won't wonder around. :D Kinda glad too,I think I messed my stats up a tad bit.
  • vant
    vant Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    devotion wrote: »
    Aw first day of school..kinda bittersweet

i completly agree with this, but at least we'll be able to make things more permenant...
  • jfoorftw
    jfoorftw Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How are the Closed Beta Testers selected ? Is it 100% Random, or based on when you created an account, or based on..anything else.

Anyone ?
  • manorchid
    manorchid Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i just went to an MMO site and got one by signing up ><

basically if you wanted to get in, you could. (from what i can tell anyway)
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    Options
    jfoorftw wrote: »
    How are the Closed Beta Testers selected ? Is it 100% Random, or based on when you created an account, or based on..anything else.

Anyone ?

Well, as long as you have a beta key that was given from certain websites, you're in.
    6to4uv.jpg

• elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I just found out that we will lose all of our characters and stuff, do we still get to keep our character names, accounts or anything?
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You keep nothing.

Edit didn't see accounts but you keep those lol.
  • borderliner
    borderliner Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    arann wrote: »
    Do CB beta Testers get anything as a reward for helping the game?
    why so greedy. should be a pleasure that you can 'play' it before it's goes live. so calm down ur greed a bit