• matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    End game Wizard:
    http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx2uJwlA

End game Archer:
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p181/orc2378/2008-07-0910-08-30.jpg

Wizard not weak, just end game class. Don't have patience? Play something else. Wizard end game completely own, it's just a struggle to get there without help or lots of funding. Wizard bad in pk? Ok, don't come back crying when wizards bomb the hell out of your zhen party.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lol, holy cow on those Wizard stats! That's... very dangerous looking :p.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    First screenshot has werebeast hp buff along with 2 defense buffs that second one doesn't (not including the mage earth shield of course) x:
    6200 hp with a werebeast buff is pretty lol. I hope that buff was level 1.

And um, yeah. Enjoy your half damage ark. I can only see it working against Blademasters who decide to fight and take to the air, as their sprint will get them out of your range easily enough, which pretty much just wastes your sutra.

Now, this isn't to say Mages suck horribly at pk. Just that you can't apply a "one size fits all" combo to each class and expect to win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, having been PKed by flying Wizards, I know that it really is effective... Do you have any first-hand experience with this? 9x+ experience, I mean.

And, yeah, the Archer one had the WB HP buff...
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • coros
    coros Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's all aboot preference, I loved the damage my WG did, but I hated being 3hit by things 3 levels under me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3x WB Heaven's Tear
  • kitsunee
    kitsunee Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Blademaster: "Hail of Doom" negates Cloud Sprint almost entirely.
    Werebeast: "Hail of Doom". Water Dragon. Fast spell. Sutra. Heavy Nukes. Game over.
    Archer: Mountain. Gush. Sutra. Nukes. Dead.
    Cleric: Don't bother.
    Fox: Do wat you did to the Archer.
    Wizards: Don't bother.

Why isn't my WF casting bramble and using its 3x healing skills while attacking you with fly? Is it afk? XD

WF got high mdef too higher than MG got PSY def for those rippin bites anyway ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kittykat
    kittykat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well...guess no one elaborated on what I wanted to convey. I'm not talking PK or PvP or TW or duels or leveling.

Trust me, the only class in the game in which MGs basically have no shot against in duels is EA, if dueling roughly same level of course.

The rest of the classes, not nearly as hard for MGs to win against. I've had a lot of experience with that, but it's besides the point.

XP is not a problem because of zhen.

What is the single biggest problem for MGs is being nearly useless (or at least perception-wise) for everything other than TW and XPing.

Ok, now that I've narrowed down what my warning was about, someone care to elaborate?
  • lucita
    lucita Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I will be full Int mage :D
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, having been PKed by flying Wizards, I know that it really is effective... Do you have any first-hand experience with this? 9x+ experience, I mean.

And, yeah, the Archer one had the WB HP buff...

You realize that you do 1/2 damage to players on the ground if you're in the air, but not the other way around?

If you're both in the air...sure, Blademasters can't use their +movement abilities while in the air, while you can still distance shrink and fight at ranged, but you also realize that they will get into range to stun you in the time it takes you to stop and fire off one skill if they know what they're doing (keeping in mind that you have no way to stop movement, only slow and seal skills, and one of which has an incredibly long cast time)? Or are you actually going to blow a entire sutra for that?

You can kite certain classes endlessly in the air, but it doesn't mean you'll be able to kill them either if they know what they're doing. Do keep in mind that your opponent will have a hiero too (including barbarians), and you have to kill them before it refreshes or one-shot them through the hiero.

Honestly, I looked at your post back where the Wizard apparently dominated every other class on paper, and it completely neglects the reality of pk in the game. Sure, some fights may go the way you suggest, but most won't. I'm thinking you've never really fought any good players 90+. Nothing is as guaranteed as you seem to be suggesting. Sure you have full vigor and sutra and all that - but your opponent has doom skills too and ways around your spells as well.

As for your (going into battle with fury) thing. First, fury potions have a cooldown. Second, you won't always have the time to build up vigor. Also, the fury lasts for you to kill 1 person (if you win), what about the second and third person?

And of course you're going to be hit. Do you think the other side in TW is made out of stone and only standing there while you pick off them at range?

Wizards "can" be amazing with the right build, player, and situation, but so can every other class out there.
    kittykat wrote: »
    What is the single biggest problem for MGs is being nearly useless (or at least perception-wise) for everything other than TW and XPing.

Ok, now that I've narrowed down what my warning was about, someone care to elaborate?

The original kitty_kat from Resonance? Sorry if I make an assumption here since that's the only high lvl MG named "kittykat" I know of from PW-MY :p
    As I recall, certain members of your guild (thrice reorganized), basically lives in HH. Why not join that group?

I've run into this a lot from other players, but when you get down to the reality of it, you only need 1 barbarian, 1-2 clerics, and maybe a venomancer for any group run. For DD, of course people will want EA first (sharptooth!) over MG.

I usually just solve the problem by forming my own runs though. Paying for wood usually helps smooth things over, and depending on party agreement, it'll get you first shot at loot as well. It's good to find a good regular HH group so you can make sure everyone gets what they want though. I strongly believe in "diversity" - sure a group might want an EA before a MG, but there's no reason to take TWO EA (well there is, but still).
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Kittykat from New Era right?ok........... I COME KILL YOU IN ORACLE :mad: ;)
    j/k. I hardly take that kos seriously
    Oh yeah, and MGs suck at the beginning and at the end they practically almost run things. Mainly iin TW. You will see.
    Xtacy
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ayako55 wrote: »
    Kittykat from New Era right?ok........... I COME KILL YOU IN ORACLE :mad: ;)
    j/k. I hardly take that kos seriously

NE's still around? Black and WL haven't wiped everyone else off the map yet? :p I wonder what the TW map looks like now.

Be nice to NE! WeWe and Mane are nice people :p
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    taelrak wrote: »
    NE's still around? Black and WL haven't wiped everyone else off the map yet? :p I wonder what the TW map looks like now.

Be nice to NE! WeWe and Mane are nice people :p

Lol. NE is around and has territory. Actually ☆Black☆ has stood up against WL (Though they are more like a WL + other high lvl breakoff...) and yeah...Reborn's still around too thought they aren't doing much other than defend....
  • shadownet
    shadownet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    will play Wizard....cause I like the end game.....
  • zeyar
    zeyar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i m pretty sure it is kitty_kat from NE/Resonance .. lvl 9x MG .. who loves grinding :P

hi kitty :D long time no see
  • ambushmartyr
    ambushmartyr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ARE YOU ALL CRAZY? Everyone, I mean EVERYONE knows that the only class that owns from lvl 1 to 105 is HENLEY! Serious! You ever use the "Lyrical Genius" skill? What about the signature skill that this games name was taken from, the "Perfect World" Illusion skill? Dont even get me started with the "PoP IDoL" Charm skill!!!!!!111111111oneoneoneoneeleveneleveneleven...1

I WILL be playing the HENLEY Class to its ultimate power, so fear me, Im cereal people! With the Henley class, AND his AWESOME song "Perfect World" playing on my new iPhone I CANT BE STOPPED!!!!!!11111111oneoneone...to tired to do "eleven".
  • lucita
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Im sure there will be lots of emo looking Henley characters :p
  • ambushmartyr
    edited August 2008
    Options
    OMG THERE BETTER NOT BE OR ILL KOS!!!! Only I and Chelvie are exclusively allowed to use Henleys resemblance in game cause WE ARE HIS NUMBER 1 FANS!!!!!!!!!1111111oneoneoneone...eleven!
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    KOS Henley :mad:
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • ambushmartyr
    edited August 2008
    Options
    faruxue wrote: »
    KOS Henley :mad:

OMG YOU DID NOT!!!! IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW I CANT EVEN FIND THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON!!!!!!! DONT YOU EVER TALK ABOUT KOSing HENLEY!!!!! OMG IM SO ANGRY.....NO,No,no I cant get angry, thats what Satan wants me to do. Ok I just need to go listen to Henley a bit, have a football helmet full of cottage cheese to eat, lay on my 25 foot sheet of plastic, and calm down...

BUT I SWEAR YOU EVER SAY ANYTHING AGAIN ABOUT HENLEY AND SO HELP ME GOD I ...I ....I...AHHHHHHHH, nvm I gotta find my old Dallas Cowboys 1997 Champions helmet.
  • kittykat
    kittykat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yes, it's me Kitty_Kat.

For reasons an entire 1 of you touched upon, I'll be trying out EP during CB.

For farming purposes (FB/HH), the core party consists of 1 WB, 1 WF, 1-2 EP. That leaves 3 slots max, usually just 2 if going with 2 EP. If just 2 slots, then usually you have WR for their pdef buff, along with dragon and stun. For DD, you go with EA because of their sharp tooth. Party full guys.

MG in corner = sad :(

So, just fyi for those that want to be treated like a god in the game..I would suggest making a WB. Everyone will love you. Second in line for god-like status is EP.

As for WF, you can solo HH at a certain point (watches those HH mat prices drop *ahem*), so you don't even need a group for the most part, but even then, almost every HH party needs a WF for 2 things

1) luring *duh*
    2) WF actually does the most dmg in HH, if the boss allows the WF to summon out the pet. *ahem* if you future WFs need more info regarding this, I'm waaaaaaay to lazy to elaborate so ask elsewhere.

That leaves WR, EA, and "MG" fighting for the remaining slots. In pure DD, EA will always be chosen over MG for HH due to sharp tooth. Personally, the only way I was able to get into HH parties was due to "connections." Say an EP or WB brings you along and since the HH party needs those 2 classes, they have no choice but to bring the little MG along with.

so, in conclusion

BEWARE!

that is all.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yes, it's me Kitty_Kat.

For farming purposes (FB/HH), the core party consists of 1 WB, 1 WF, 1-2 EP. That leaves 3 slots max, usually just 2 if going with 2 EP. If just 2 slots, then usually you have WR for their pdef buff, along with dragon and stun. For DD, you go with EA because of their sharp tooth. Party full guys.

So, just fyi for those that want to be treated like a god in the game..I would suggest making a WB. Everyone will love you. Second in line for god-like status is EP.

As for WF, you can solo HH at a certain point (watches those HH mat prices drop *ahem*), so you don't even need a group for the most part, but even then, almost every HH party needs a WF for 2 things

1) luring *duh*
    2) WF actually does the most dmg in HH, if the boss allows the WF to summon out the pet. *ahem* if you future WFs need more info regarding this, I'm waaaaaaay to lazy to elaborate so ask elsewhere.

That leaves WR, EA, and "MG" fighting for the remaining slots. In pure DD, EA will always be chosen over MG for HH due to sharp tooth. Personally, the only way I was able to get into HH parties was due to "connections." Say an EP or WB brings you along and since the HH party needs those 2 classes, they have no choice but to bring the little MG along with.

so, in conclusion

BEWARE!

that is all.

'Tis the truth.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Aww, but it'll be sad that the original kat is no longer a MG :(

Well, EP isn't all that bad. You don't get as much burst damage as a MG, but if done right, the damage over time is similar, especially since you have debuffs.

I actually had an EP and MG at the same lvl, and it was pretty disheartening whenever I got invited to a run, offered the party the choice of EP and MG...and guess which one was always picked (even when the party already had an EP)? :p. Still find forming your own party works the best though.

Might have trouble finding zhen though - there always seems to be an overabundance of EP for zhen and never enough DD or lurers.

Works out for me though. I'll still be MG, and we can party together when we wouldn't have been able to if you were still MG :p
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yes, it's me Kitty_Kat.

1) luring *duh*

so, in conclusion

BEWARE!

that is all.

This how you know someone knows their stuff:D
  • skuallpw
    skuallpw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    beware!

MGs owns !
  • captainkuchiki
    captainkuchiki Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The general opinions from the PH and MY version is that Wizards are the 2nd-best PK class, next to Archers. They do better than Archers in TW, AoE levelling is cheaper, and can do fishing and butterflies with better efficiency than Archers can due to the water shield and better mdef in general.

u forgot something EARTH SHIELD FTW!!!! 100% physical defence if its hell so...MG all the way after lvl 89 :cool:
  • lucita
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yes they do at later levels. I think the original poster is just trying to scare everyone away from wizard because they pwn. I could kill a whole group with my water dragon :p: nyaaaa and 1hit rock fall anyone else 1vs1 :p: I only need party for certain times. Other than that i solo. :p
  • handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    huh i dont get it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    u forgot something EARTH SHIELD FTW!!!! 100% physical defence if its hell so...MG all the way after lvl 89 :cool:

It's 150% for hell route, if you manage to get the book.

It's nice, but it's not really the end-all of all defenses. You don't get any physical damage absorption shields like so many other classes have.
    Yes they do at later levels. I think the original poster is just trying to scare everyone away from wizard because they pwn. I could kill a whole group with my water dragon : nyaaaa and 1hit rock fall anyone else 1vs1 : I only need party for certain times. Other than that i solo.

After a certain level, the whole 1-shotting an entire group of same-level people get exceedingly hard unless you get a crit. I was pure int with extremely good gear, and even with a bursted pyro couldn't always1-shot people--they just are too well-equipped and have too much mdef and hp for that (with a few exceptions). Oh you can do it fairly consistently around 60 when you first get the dooms...but after that people start getting much better equipment and stats.

Of course, getting a crit is another matter, but that's not something you can always depend on just when you get off that AOE.
  • t0mat03
    t0mat03 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So do people really not like MGs?

I was thinking of being one for the CB.
  • taelrak
    edited August 2008
    Options
    t0mat03 wrote: »
    So do people really not like MGs?

I was thinking of being one for the CB.

Play the class you feel you'll enjoy the most. Yes, groups for dungeons may be slightly harder to get as a mage, but they're not impossible to find. You'll also find the wizard to be very good at other parts of the game. Despite what people may suggest, the classes are actually fairly well balanced.

On the other hand, if you pick a class you don't like, you won't enjoy the game as much and even if you do go on lots of runs, they'll be less satisfying.