ITS THE 19th but still not open (closed beta countdown)

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thom wrote: »
    Yeah, that is pretty lucky, usually in mmo's you find very few girls online. I'm lucky too though, i got a wife to play with :D

That is lucky! My wife hates MMOs. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I noticed a slight typo (and yes I mentioned this in another thread, but it does relate to this in a way) with the forum that doesn't fit with basic logic.

Taken right from the forum: All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 AM.

In a strange twist of fate, that is the current time in MY TIME ZONE of GMT-8, (well actually it's a little after 8:30 AM now). So whoever added the clock made the typo of GMT-7 instead of GMT-8, plus the servers and this forum are in Cali, a state in... you guessed it GMT-8 timezone, so all times, regardless of what it says are PST or GMT-8.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • sraeo
    sraeo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »

........how?! XD
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rev wrote: »
    I noticed a slight typo (and yes I mentioned this in another thread, but it does relate to this in a way) with the forum that doesn't fit with basic logic.

Taken right from the forum: All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 AM.

In a strange twist of fate, that is the current time in MY TIME ZONE of GMT-8, (well actually it's a little after 8:30 AM now). So whoever added the clock made the typo of GMT-7 instead of GMT-8, plus the servers and this forum are in Cali, a state in... you guessed it GMT-8 timezone, so all times, regardless of what it says are PST or GMT-8.

daylight saving.
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    I guess that could be a possible reason, just seems odd a california based company would be using a different timezone from where they are located. *shrug* :P
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

• cerberus
    cerberus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    12 hours to go here im glad my computers clock goes by the timer so ill no when it will actually be up
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    cerberus wrote: »
    12 hours to go here im glad my computers clock goes by the timer so ill no when it will actually be up

no, you won't.
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    Cerberus your clock doesn't go by the timer, it's the other way around, you've got longer than 12 hours to go in truth, at least 15 and a half hours to go.

• sraeo
    edited August 2008

The timer goes off of your computer, not the other way around. =/
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Pretty graphics is how i got my wife interested in the mmo-games, also took some time to teach the basics. Only bad thing is that she has too little time to play.

Slowly getting her interested in some other games too to make it easier to have lan-parties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    i feel like i'm trapped in some kind of deja vu moment.

and thom still yakking away up there isn't helping any.
  • rhona
    rhona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    trilient wrote: »
    What are these girls you speak of? I thought they were old pedobears o_o

pedobears???? whats a pedobear, is it a cute little bear with hearts :) or is it a big mean grizzle that like to eat mean people that pick on poor defenceless girls :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    I guess that could be a possible reason, just seems odd a california based company would be using a different timezone from where they are located. *shrug* :P

Yeah, they don't... the forum time should be correct, but only if you correctly set your timezone/DST options: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions ;)

For example, at the bottom mine reads "All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM."
    Which is correct. I'm in the Central timezone, which is GMT-5 during the summer. And that is the correct time (at the time of posting).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerberus
    cerberus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Cerberus your clock doesn't go by the timer, it's the other way around, you've got longer than 12 hours to go in truth, at least 15 and a half hours to go.

oh that sucks that means i gotta stay up til 3:00am:eek:
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    rhona wrote: »
    pedobears???? whats a pedobear, is it a cute little bear with hearts :) or is it a big mean grizzle that like to eat mean people that pick on poor defenceless girls :p

i feel like being the crusher of innocence - pedobear is a pervy child molester bear.

see pedobear.
  • sraeo
    edited August 2008
    oh that sucks that means i gotta stay up til 3:00am:eek:

My thoughts exactly. XD My poor sister has to work the next day, but she wanted to get on for a few minutes as soon as it opened. But 3 AM is too late for her, so she'll have to get on in the morning. She needs sleep. XD
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    Pretty graphics is how i got my wife interested in the mmo-games, also took some time to teach the basics. Only bad thing is that she has too little time to play.

Slowly getting her interested in some other games too to make it easier to have lan-parties.

Nice plan... totally won't work for me, but kudos. :)

My wife is the reason I won't be playing as much as I'd like to. I've tried... /sigh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sraeo
    edited August 2008

My wife is the reason I won't be playing as much as I'd like to. I've tried... /sigh

I used to hate MMOs, but my sister slowly got me interested by showing me cutesy games with adorable graphics. XD And then my best friend battering me to play helped too. Now I'm not even allowed to talk about Perfect World around my family anymore, because they're tired of it and it hasn't even come out yet. XD
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Divorce! O_o she's not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • troll
    edited August 2008

first it's veto your hobbies, then it's veto your bedroom time.

you wait.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Yeah, living in a relationship sure eats away some of the free time which usually is allready on a low supply.

Maybe she gets interested one day, it could start from something real simple like Wii fit or something :)

Hope you the best of luck on getting her hooked too :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • rhona
    rhona Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    troll wrote: »
    i feel like being the crusher of innocence - pedobear is a pervy child molester bear.

see pedobear.

well dam, that song is going to give me nightmeras now :( i wish i ever asked.
    I'll just make such that the next time i'm in the woods that i have my lion!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rev
    edited August 2008
    What's odd ryuuzaki is I changed all that, changed it to my timezone of gmt-8, and it still says -7 with the correct time for me, oh well, It is accurate to my current time so I am not going to complain.

• ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008

LOL! Nah, she is totally worth it!
    troll wrote: »
    first it's veto your hobbies, then it's veto your bedroom time.

you wait.

You'll just have to believe me when I say... that'll never be an issue. :p
    Yeah, living in a relationship sure eats away some of the free time which usually is allready on a low supply.

Maybe she gets interested one day, it could start from something real simple like Wii fit or something :)

Hope you the best of luck on getting her hooked too :D

We have a Wii, and that's about the most I've been able to get her to play. Well, aside from a few PS2 games that capture her attention for about 10 minutes at most. She's got ADD like you wouldn't believe. XD

Luckily she reads a lot. I play, she keeps herself busy with a book... it works, mostly. ^_^

Back on topic: expect a confirmation from Xarfox today about the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trilient
    trilient Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    What the hell is this, MMO Annonymous?! O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EmberGlades Vice Guild Master
    emberglades.forumotion.net
    Server: Lost City
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    ...Back on topic: expect a confirmation from Xarfox today about the time.

thanks, keep us posted.
  • ryuuzaki
    edited August 2008
    What's odd ryuuzaki is I changed all that, changed it to my timezone of gmt-8, and it still says -7 with the correct time for me, oh well, It is accurate to my current time so I am not going to complain.

If you're in the Pacific timezone, GMT-7 is correct while daylight savings is in effect. Right now you'd be on PDT. :)

PST = GMT-8
    PDT = GMT-7

Usually I'm CST (GMT-6) but right now we're on CDT (GMT-5).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jew
    jew Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    darn you!!! i wanna play now!! whenever i log in it says i cant connect and im not stoppin till i can!!!!!!!!
  • vigarlunaris
    vigarlunaris Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yes after the pedobear it is a moment to think off :( not good really not good :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody
  • trilient
    trilient Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    jew wrote: »
    darn you!!! i wanna play now!! whenever i log in it says i cant connect and im not stoppin till i can!!!!!!!!

You'll be doing that for the next 14 or so hours then o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EmberGlades Vice Guild Master
    emberglades.forumotion.net
    Server: Lost City
This discussion has been closed.