graphics

Options

Comments

• showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Love the graphics for taking pic and while im not pvp mode haha.
    but 1 one word...........

LAG:D
  • haseo
    haseo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I used to play on the MY server and all I have to say is that this is one of the best eye candy games out there
  • amil
    amil Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lets not even mention skill effects, I'm really big on that and rohan and L2 skill effects are complete garbage. Hell I can count the amount of active skills for each rohan char on 1 hand. PW skills blow both those games out of the water
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    Depends which graphics. Characters and monsters are well detailed.

The rest is mostly 2D textures applied to flat surface, or on no surfaces at all. Many of those 2D textures are well done tho, so all-in-all the illusion works.

For exemple , there are almost no real stairs. They made vertical surface to witch they applied a stair texture.
    Same for some fences, they are simply 2D structures without deepness. When you fly over them, you only see a thin line.

They probably wanted to keep the polygons count low to allow the game to be run on older machines, like most F2P asian games. Most of those are played in cyber-cafe that seldom have top of the line gaming machine.
    Yeah I mean considering the fact that they implemented the textures so well, even though its such 2D is pretty good imo. I was mostly referring to characters and most of the landscape, for example peach port and the floating city, well both of them
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    desirai wrote: »
    The graphics are really nice in some aspects. It's nothing like Runescape, but definitely not as great as Lineage II or Rohan Online.

The scenery is nice, and character detail is nice. I run the game on maxed settings with little lag even though I'm in the USA and play on the MY server. :)

This game has about the same graphics level as lineage 2 but to say that their not as good as rohan? TBH i just quit rohan and it's graphics aren't nice at all and it has terrible generic environments too which don't help.

Secondly you obviously know nothing about computers/connections seeing as you directly connected "lag" to having a good computer. That's not the case i run the MY version on all max settings and still get 3 second delay. The delay is because the server is hosted in Malaysia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    linage2 >> perfect world >> rohan
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PW graphics are awesome, so does rohan's & L2 but each game has its own 'special graphics' if you know what I mean?

Like in Rohan if you used 800x600 or 1024x860 <- (is it 1024x860) the graphics looked awful!!
    You need a good computer now days, if your using something old, forget it start buying something fresh
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Are these graphics bad to you?

http://users.telenet.be/hlrally/2008-07-20%2003-02-58.bmp
    http://users.telenet.be/hlrally/2008-07-20%2003-29-22.bmp

Posted by a member of mine. If the graphics look horrible to you, than yes the game is bad in graphic wise.

Looks really good to me, those screen shots were at full effect, everything maxed. You'll be surprised once you see the graphic of the high end skills, looks totally awesome, but that's just me. Only thing that doesn't stand out in this game is your character icon. The character graphics are pretty good, depends on how you make them. It can go pure awesome to pure ugly.
    RoC.
  • reality
    reality Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    All the screen shots i posted I made it so that i could upload it faster.

smaller the picture size = uglier the picture gets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Perfect World International at 1900 x 1200 widescreen with everything bumped makes me go :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    banana wrote: »
    My computer can easily handle any game on the market at highest settings.

LOL! I wouldn't be too sure about that. There's a couple games which make even the most modern PC choke. Try Supreme Commander and load the largest map. The game works ok on my Mac but then again I have 32GB's of RAM to work with.
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    Options
    snaptrap wrote: »
    LOL! I wouldn't be too sure about that. There's a couple games which make even the most modern PC choke. Try Supreme Commander and load the largest map. The game works ok on my Mac but then again I have 32GB's of RAM to work with.

No motherboards can handle 32GB of ram. I believe only a few can handle 8GB, but that's so rare. It wont even read the ram if it's too high. And games, today only need 4 GB RAM. Maybe Crysis requires 8GB + Vista + DX10. Crysis is actually the only game that built in with Vista. DX9(Windows XP) looks complete **** compare to DX10(Windows Vista). Probably the new MMORPG/FPS will require DX10 eventually, or optional.

XP will be completely tossed away within 1-2 years IMO. DX10 is incredibly amazing compare to DX9, but only a few game supports DX10.
    RoC.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hong wrote: »
    No motherboards can handle 32GB of ram. I believe only a few can handle 8GB, but that's so rare. It wont even read the ram if it's too high. And games, today only need 4 GB RAM. Maybe Crysis requires 8GB + Vista + DX10. Crysis is actually the only game that built in with Vista. DX9(Windows XP) looks complete **** compare to DX10(Windows Vista). Probably the new MMORPG/FPS will require DX10 eventually, or optional.

XP will be completely tossed away within 1-2 years IMO. DX10 is incredibly amazing compare to DX9, but only a few game supports DX10.

Crysis runs fine on high 1600x1200 with 2gb ram, 4 would get by. Main concern would be GPU(s)/CPU. Crysis didn't need DX10, it only had like 2 DX10 effects. Many games that claim DX10 support don't even have that. DX10 will never be required for an mmo, it may be optional. Free to play mmos will never have graphics warranting DX10, well, maybe in 8 years...

Crysis can't compare to a RTS resource wise, if the RTS had insane graphics of a crysis level. Crysis can't even quad-thread, supreme commander can.

As for 16-32gb ram, I'm pretty sure boards supporting it exist, but they're not for consumers. You can eat 8gb up pretty easily using avisynth, photoshop, etc professional work. In 2009? 2010? expect to see boards with 6 slots become common: triple channel memory F T W.

Edit: Here's a 32gb board. http://www.tyan.com/product_board_detail.aspx?pid=163
    64gb http://www.tyan.com/product_board_detail.aspx?pid=271
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • heavyen
    heavyen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No motherboards can handle 32GB of ram. I believe only a few can handle 8GB, but that's so rare.

there are such motherboards, but they are ment for servers and not for gaming ;)

Edit* when u see such motherboard i can guarantee u it has socket for AMD Opertron or Intel Xeon PCUs which are ment for different tasks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    heavyen wrote: »
    there are such motherboards, but they are ment for servers and not for gaming ;)

Edit* when u see such motherboard i can guarantee u it has socket for AMD Opertron or Intel Xeon PCUs which are ment for different tasks
    Doesn't mean they can't be used for gaming, as long as they support the necessary instructions, which I'm fairly sure they do.

But yeah, they're meant for servers or other business related use. No game needs over 4gb right now, I'd say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • snaptrap
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No game really needs that much RAM, but the more RAM the better.
  • snaptrap
    edited August 2008
    Options
    heavyen wrote: »

It was built as a multimedia system to handle graphic editing programs.
    No motherboards can handle 32GB of ram. I believe only a few can handle 8GB, but that's so rare.

It's not a PC, it's a MacPro and it does have 32GB's of RAM. I'm using 2 riser cards which have 4 DIMM slots each and can hold 4GB modules per slot.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    this thread is getting very techy and boring, should be moved to tech forum.
  • loktoris
    loktoris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    this forum is called general discussion for a reason.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well we can always threadjack it and make it more general.

this thread is now about pixelated panties.
  • loktoris
    edited August 2008
    Options
    troll wrote: »
    well we can always threadjack it and make it more general.

this thread is now about pixelated panties.

how about you learn to read?

"this forum is called general discussion for a reason."
  • snaptrap
    edited August 2008
    Options
    loktoris wrote: »
    this forum is called general discussion for a reason.

General discussion about PWI, not for technology.;) Anyway, it is time to get back on topic.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    how about you learn to read?

"this forum is called general discussion for a reason."

you know, for someone making a comeback you're not very good at it.

i think you're just upset cos i called you out on your AO misinformation.

back to your post however - this is what we in the business call a thread.

the forum is general.

this thread is technical, ergo, to tech forum it goes.

so, pixelated panties...what PW graphics are all about.
  • loktoris
    edited August 2008
    Options
    gj troll some more ;)

And no, I dont give a **** what you said about that ;) you're the one still bringing it up XDDD

And yes in the past you could go into negative xp on AO.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lokpoo wrote: »
    ...And no, I dont give a **** what you said about that ;) you're the one still bringing it up XDDD

And yes in the past you could go into negative xp on AO.

so he continues just to prove himself wrong.

whoops sorry, you're still in the room, my bad.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ...And yes in the past you could go into negative xp on AO.

no, you're wrong.

smoke some more evercrack, there is no de-leveling in AO, and never has been.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    loktardis wrote: »
    ...****...

that makes me smile.
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    Crysis runs fine on high 1600x1200 with 2gb ram, 4 would get by. Main concern would be GPU(s)/CPU. Crysis didn't need DX10, it only had like 2 DX10 effects. Many games that claim DX10 support don't even have that. DX10 will never be required for an mmo, it may be optional. Free to play mmos will never have graphics warranting DX10, well, maybe in 8 years...

Crysis can't compare to a RTS resource wise, if the RTS had insane graphics of a crysis level. Crysis can't even quad-thread, supreme commander can.

As for 16-32gb ram, I'm pretty sure boards supporting it exist, but they're not for consumers. You can eat 8gb up pretty easily using avisynth, photoshop, etc professional work. In 2009? 2010? expect to see boards with 6 slots become common: triple channel memory F T W.

Edit: Here's a 32gb board. http://www.tyan.com/product_board_detail.aspx?pid=163
    64gb http://www.tyan.com/product_board_detail.aspx?pid=271

Pretty amazing. But yeah, if you read about Crysis, lots of people can't run it in maximum graphics. If they do, everything loads too slow or incredibly low in FPS. I haven't tried it myself but - yeah. DX10 users say there's a huge difference in graphics for Crysis.

DX9 VS DX10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8zgC86X2AU

The best, most famous FPS games are pretty much awesome detailed with DX 10. Bioshock is DX10 also, amazing graphics compare to DX9. Well, just the texture/some effect. Barely any difference for Bioshock.

EDIT: An MMORPG that supports DX10 = Age of Conan
    RoC.
  • troll
    edited August 2008
    Options
    what does this have to do with upskirtgamessk5.jpg
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    troll wrote: »