graphics

13»

Comments

• ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hong wrote: »
    Pretty amazing. But yeah, if you read about Crysis, lots of people can't run it in maximum graphics. If they do, everything loads too slow or incredibly low in FPS. I haven't tried it myself but - yeah. DX10 users say there's a huge difference in graphics for Crysis.

DX9 VS DX10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8zgC86X2AU

The best, most famous FPS games are pretty much awesome detailed with DX 10. Bioshock is DX10 also, amazing graphics compare to DX9. Well, just the texture/some effect. Barely any difference for Bioshock.

EDIT: An MMORPG that supports DX10 = Age of Conan

Bioshock has nothing DX10 from what I've read, though it might artificially limit the graphics settings on high to DX10 like Crysis tried to.

AOC is not free to play, so that's irrelevant. Pay to play games will always have more up to date graphics.
    Edit: I haven't and won't play AoC to find out, but I doubt it has any DX10 effects. I haven't looked it up so I might be wrong, but DX10 has been being used as nothing more than a lame gimmick for most games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • bobobob
    bobobob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have a fairly old computer with only 13gigs of free space and I just put in a new Nvidia (don't think thats how you spell it but..) graphic card and about 700 ram will it run good?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15790000&dateline=1218674145
    Your Current Signature Picture[/SIGPIC]
    bobobob = AccuXracy and Accu
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bobobob wrote: »
    I have a fairly old computer with only 13gigs of free space and I just put in a new Nvidia (don't think thats how you spell it but..) graphic card and about 700 ram will it run good?

this game runs on an MX400 and 512 MB RAM, but erm...not very well.

your setup will run the game but keep settings down and don't expect miracles in crowded areas.
  • mythrus
    mythrus Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Do you guys think a computer with 1g ram, 256mg (I think) graphics card would be able to run it on highest quality?

Computer ran great with Shaiya's highest graphic settings, so I doubt it'd be a problem, but what do I know? XD;
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    depends on your GPU&CPU, but i'd say yes. you'll have to turn off water effects but will still lag in ADC most likely.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    just turn all effects on for screenshots.
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Bioshock has nothing DX10 from what I've read, though it might artificially limit the graphics settings on high to DX10 like Crysis tried to.

AOC is not free to play, so that's irrelevant. Pay to play games will always have more up to date graphics.
    Edit: I haven't and won't play AoC to find out, but I doubt it has any DX10 effects. I haven't looked it up so I might be wrong, but DX10 has been being used as nothing more than a lame gimmick for most games.

It had DX10, but it created some graphic bug and it'll be re-implemented in Aug 23ish. Bioshock had more texture, barely any though. And DX10 basically just brings realism to games, that's all. Just like Lord of the Rings Online, except that DX10's detail for LOTR looks kind of ****. But it's more realistic.
    RoC.
This discussion has been closed.