Perfect World Europe

Options

Comments

• vasburg
    vasburg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I just hope that the contract won't *force* this company to ip-ban Europeans, even though the people in charge here don't want it.

But if the licensing-contract says that "all countries who have their own PW version must be ip-banned", I fear I would be doomed to play on that abandoned EU server where everyone is speaking some gibberish and armies of bots are laying waste to economy and leveling spots.

And I don't care about pings or terriotorial war times that much; the game was quite playable for me on PW-MY servers, except for all those weird people with their gibberish, flashy emoticons, and broken Engrish.
  • scarlet
    scarlet Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I confess that right now Idk what to do, if stay on PW-Int or go to PW-Euro:confused: The main reasons I’m ditching PW-MY is because of the appalling lag and Territorial War Schedule. So being I a european probably PW-Euro would bring me more advantages. Besides I played Cabal Online before, which is also run by Game Masters Company and don’t have any complains about the way that was managed.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    vasburg wrote: »
    I just hope that the contract won't *force* this company to ip-ban Europeans, even though the people in charge here don't want it.

But if the licensing-contract says that "all countries who have their own PW version must be ip-banned", I fear I would be doomed to play on that abandoned EU server where everyone is speaking some gibberish and armies of bots are laying waste to economy and leveling spots.

And I don't care about pings or terriotorial war times that much; the game was quite playable for me on PW-MY servers, except for all those weird people with their gibberish, flashy emoticons, and broken Engrish.

We will not be banning any IPs from Europe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    (baad laaaaag again)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Options
    (baaaaad laaaaaaaaag)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Options
    scarlet wrote: »
    I confess that right now Idk what to do, if stay on PW-Int or go to PW-Euro:confused: The main reasons I m ditching PW-MY is because of the appalling lag and Territorial War Schedule. So being I a european probably PW-Euro would bring me more advantages. Besides I played Cabal Online before, which is also run by Game Masters Company and dont have any complains about the way that was managed.

The TW schedule will most likely fit your playing time better on the Euro servers, even if PW-INT will try to make them fit for both continents.

Did the Euro said how many servers there will be? And which types? (full PvP like MY-EN, or opt-PvP like the Philippines have)

• inferno
    inferno Posts: 12
    edited July 2008
    Options
    dannboy wrote: »
    We will run Perfect World in the languages: English, German, Spanish, French and Turkish. (this is the european server)

.............-.-' its no norwegian, swedish or danish here(that sucks SO much) so ill stick to this international =)

and if i did read all the 9 pages correctly its not going to ban european players from playing here so thats great XD so then ill see you guys in game:D
    Do you know each licence costs its money? Maybe they're starting with these but continueing with more.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    Options
    inferno wrote: »
    Do you know each licence costs its money? Maybe they're starting with these but continueing with more.
    Apparently they start with the most spoken language first.

• monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Then why do they hesitate to bring out the Romanian version also. You can't name me one single Country where you won't find us :)
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I really hate the EU and US thing in every mmo game because everything I play is with my very good friend from the US and I am from EU. I never play an mmo game without her. I can't play half the good games with her cuz of that **** EU and US thing and we wanna play this game so I hope there won't be any IP bans in the future. It would be a shame since this game seems really good to me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • sarahbear
    sarahbear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    vigor wrote: »
    I really hate the EU and US thing in every mmo game because everything I play is with my very good friend from the US and I am from EU. I never play an mmo game without her. I can't play half the good games with her cuz of that **** EU and US thing and we wanna play this game so I hope there won't be any IP bans in the future. It would be a shame since this game seems really good to me :D

It has already been said by Orinj (admin) that there will NOT BE ANY IP BANS on European IP addresses. :D She was very adamant about it and even used caps lock.
    "The human body is a canvas for the expression of cultural ideas of men and women throughout time and around the world."
    -Liz Sands

:D Buying photoshop at discount price from my school soon. So I can make a sweet signature soon!
  • micchan
    micchan Posts: 11
    edited July 2008
    Options
    From thr Gm of EU PW (forum):
    When we start with closed beta our version will be same Version like the USA one.

But for commercial start OUR VERSION will be same version like the Chinese one. We will receive directly the newest updates/patches in Chinese language when they arrive on the Chinese Server. After it we do the translation. When this is done they go straight away live on our system.

So pratically, USa and EU will be the same as Chinese one. Is a good info for all i guess. :)
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Please READ and DON'T (MIS)INTERPRET what you've quoted. It's writen very clearly that the European version will be the same as the chinesse version on the release. We still need a confirmation from the admins if the INT (us) version will be the same...

And this is the WHOLE quote...
    Regarding Version:

The USA aka International Version will stay light behind the Malaysia Version. After latest info it will be something like that:

Malaysia version 3-4 weeks behind Chinese and USA version 4-6 weeks behind Malaysian. This is regarding patch/updates delivering.

When we start with closed beta our version will be same Version like the USA one.

But for commercial start OUR VERSION will be same version like the Chinese one. We will receive directly the newest updates/patches in Chinese language when they arrive on the Chinese Server. After it we do the translation. When this is done they go straight away live on our system.

Need to point out that we can't give any information about other Versions as these will be run by other companies. Possible that they will get updated like us in the future but currently it is like I mentioned it here.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    micchan wrote: »

So pratically, USa and EU will be the same as Chinese one. Is a good info for all i guess. :)

Yes. It has been said by the administrators that Perfect World International will be up to date. And with neither servers IP blocking North America or Europe, so it comes down to the content, friendly GMs, community, and the economy.

The current exchange is 1 EUR = 1.5595 USD
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    june wrote: »
    Yes. It has been said by the administrators that Perfect World International will be up to date. And with neither servers IP blocking North America or Europe, so it comes down to the content, friendly GMs, community, and the economy.

The current exchange is 1 EUR = 1.5595 USD

I wouldn't count on it a 100%. Sometimes these issues are out of the GMs hands and fall on the developers, and they're known to be lazy (developers)

Just emphasizing this so people eventually don't get their hopes up, see its not what promised and quit. It happens quite often, one of the reasons I quit MY
  • heavyen
    heavyen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I am having a bad felling about this...

Beijing China (July 15, 2008) - Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD) ("Perfect World" or the "Company"), a leading online game developer and operator in China, today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Perfect World Entertainment Inc. ("PWE"), will launch the closed beta testing for "Perfect World International" on August 19, 2008. "Perfect World International" is based on the Company's original and popular 3D massively multiplayer online role playing game ("MMORPG"), "Perfect World II," and has been customized for the North American market to bring more fun to online game players. The game's official website will go live today. It is scheduled to be launched and operated solely by PWE in North America.

why there is mentioned only North America? :confused:

Maybe ill have to play on PW-ms at last... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ...What?
    why did you necro this thread anyway....
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    heavyen wrote: »
    It is scheduled to be launched and operated solely by PWE in North America

Meaning that PWE is a subsidiary company of Perfect World Co Ltd. ; that PWE is located in the US, and that this company's purpose is to launch and run the english server from the US, and not from China.

• nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I alredy hate pw EU,
    dunno why, just looking at their site, they robed PWI logo, alreyd mad at them!! agrrrrr
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nounours wrote: »
    I alredy hate pw EU,
    dunno why, just looking at their site, they robed PWI logo, alreyd mad at them!! agrrrrr

^people, celebrate!

another fine player gained for Int *whoop*
  • shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There is no way that i will play on such an unprofessional server, No thanx. PW Int or no more PW for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I alredy hate pw EU,

Did it occur to you (or anyone else whining about this) that ANY legitimate license of PW most likely comes with promotional materials like graphics, concept art and logos?

I mean seriously, if they were stealing and infringing there would be some reaction from the powers that be, and they're laughing it off or ignoring it.

You can be sure that Beijing provides approved graphics for use on official PW sites. Much like established versions of PW offer a fansite kit with approved graphics (with a license to use them.)
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok hold up this thread just made me confused lol...

PWI = This PW we're going to play on the 19th, CB will last 1month (around there) and it will be available to ALL countries who do NOT have their own Perect World version, except the people from Europe who will have their own version but they will be available to play here... is that right?

PW-EU = PWi ugliest cousin, where they will have 1 version ahead of this one? <- I read this from one of the guys who posted here. and PW-EU WONT be available for all countries?

Sorry for this, but i'm just all confused.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ganja wrote: »
    PWI = This PW we're going to play on the 19th, CB will last 1month (around there) and it will be available to ALL countries who do NOT have their own Perect World version, except the people from Europe who will have their own version but they will be available to play here... is that right?
    Yes.
    PW-EU = PWi ugliest cousin, where they will have 1 version ahead of this one? <- I read this from one of the guys who posted here. and PW-EU WONT be available for all countries?
    The admins of PW-EU claim way too much, i don't trust them. From what they said, the EU version won't have any IP-Blocks and will be the same version as chinese. And then they claimed PW-Intl will be 1 version behind MY... yeah right.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok thats good :)
    thank you for your answers

I'll stay here even if they have a new version...
    i'm new to PW in general so I dont care lol :)

Thank you!
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ganja wrote: »
    I'll stay here even if they have a new version...
    i'm new to PW in general so I dont care lol :)

This version is run by a subsidiary company of the Chinese company owning and developping Perfect World. They are quite likely to have all the updates before anyone else....

• raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    micchan wrote: »

EU games are more expensive(ingame gold and cash item) and have low population..i rather int server.

GOA gunbound(EU) has ingame price 3x more expensive than USA ijji ,they force you to spend more in real money...goa's community is 1/5 of USA community.

i known GM's of INT(usa)PW they are from flyff and they are extremaly professional and good...on flyff economy ingame is still stable (after 3 years) also with cash item because GM's team perm ban gold seller and account seller and expoit abuse.On MY server GM's suck and is allowed to sell gold for real money,account for real money and if you are a costumer you cant get ban also if you use **** or exploit,Warlord guild use jump **** for TW/HH +client side modding+forest ruin exploit load of members hire from offgamers for sell ingame gold for real money and they never get 1 ban also with SS proof.EU GM's team will be as in MYserver so i dont trust them .I'm from europe but i rather USA server.
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm from Europe but will be joining this ''International'' version since I don't want log in at Europe and only hear **** like ''sory i kan no eglesh'' -_-

Btw, this community + forum looks far more....advanced, let's leave it to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • neurosis
    neurosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I alredy hate pw EU,

We should steal this cheesy quote from their site and put it on the front page of the PW-INT site:
    Everything is different in a Perfect World ... Because you make the difference!
  • micchan
    micchan Posts: 11
    edited August 2008
    Options
    raven wrote: »
    EU games are more expensive(ingame gold and cash item) and have low population..i rather int server.

GOA gunbound(EU) has ingame price 3x more expensive than USA ijji ,they force you to spend more in real money...goa's community is 1/5 of USA community.

i known GM's of INT(usa)PW they are from flyff and they are extremaly professional and good...on flyff economy ingame is still stable (after 3 years) also with cash item because GM's team perm ban gold seller and account seller and expoit abuse.On MY server GM's suck and is allowed to sell gold for real money,account for real money and if you are a costumer you cant get ban also if you use **** or exploit,Warlord guild use jump **** for TW/HH +client side modding+forest ruin exploit load of members hire from offgamers for sell ingame gold for real money and they never get 1 ban also with SS proof.EU GM's team will be as in MYserver so i dont trust them .I'm from europe but i rather USA server.

Eh? U don't trust them for what? And before game launch? It make me laught. Admins of pw Eu are the same of cabal online, decent service, not the best, not the worst, just fine and nice support. I have no problems with them.
    I'm european and i play in EU servers with my friends, only for the ping, if i ping 52 ms here i prefer of course this version coz is maintained direct to developers, but is not, i've 150+ ms ping here (is not my fault, is a phisical limitation of internet cause distance, oversea after all), so i prefer less population but no delay on skills. I had terrible experience in Pw My, when tried pserver (located in belgium) it was so smooth, skills casting respond immediately.
    Also they say the price of item shop will be the same for both version, not more not less.
This discussion has been closed.