Perfect World Europe

karmelia
karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
With the upcoming European multi-language version coming out later this year, will there be an update to the countries who'll be IP banned from this version?

Whole Europe? Or only specific countries?
Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
Post edited by karmelia on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Hm. Well, many Europeans will end up moving there, so I don't think it'd matter. Anyways... if there are IP bans, accounts already signed up from Europe will still get to keep their accounts. No worries.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The question is. Is this a valid server or a pserver that tries to seem legal?
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    The question is. Is this a valid server or a pserver that tries to seem legal?

Looks like the real thing. They are listed as official on the Wikipedia PW page.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    wow their webpage is so pretty. Can an admin come and confirm this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    It's the real thing. Here's the confirmation : http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1787935/

• soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    I kinda have a bad feeling about this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I don't see the point in making a european version that much. At least not how the current situation seems to be unfolding. They need to make some major marketing before they actually plan to release this

I'm interested to see how many will play this server, the outcome of this server will reflect if it is indeed feasible to make a euro only version
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I hope for my sake, they don't ban Europeans. I really don't like the idea of having to play alongside other Europeans. ;>>
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    esux wrote: »
    I hope for my sake, they don't ban Europeans. I really don't like the idea of having to play alongside other Europeans. ;>>
    ^ 100% agreed. I don't think i want to play there.. only if i'm forced to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    I'm interested to see how many will play this server, the outcome of this server will reflect if it is indeed feasible to make a euro only version

The european company who liscenced the game for Europe appears to think it will be profitable.

And it's a bad news for this version if they loose all Europeans players.

• kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Hmm...

Im European...

But im not so sure what to do...

Yeah sure this PW-EU is just going to be for Europe, but the thing is...

It just doesn't look as nice as this place. =]

Sure it's gonna be less laggy, (Mabye) but I've gotten to know many people, and my friends have already joined PW-INT

So **** PW-EU im staying right here. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    esux wrote: »

Me neither. Makes me wonder if all Europeans hate their countries (I know I do).
  • aer
    aer Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    As a european I'm having mixed feelings about this. On the one hand it might be a good advertising to have multilanguage service, on the other hand it sucks a hole bunch when you can't play along with other guys 'cause they don't speak english at all. Also, this will split up the community which will propably lead to less people playing per server, which will propably lead to a far worse game experience. Mh.
    Also, I beg the GMs on this Server not to band european IPs. I know that I will definitely choose the server that has the bigger and more mature population, which will propably be this one. As my english is good enough, I don't care about languages. Also, why would you want to band European IPs at all? You just get less money this way ;D
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Why don't they make a new version for every city in the world...:rolleyes:
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aer
    edited July 2008
    Well, devotion, it's quite common that europeans have their own server in other mmo's actually. Usually there are the asian ones, then one "international" one, located in the United States and a european one.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    aer wrote: »
    Also, I beg the GMs on this Server not to band european IPs.

The GMs have nothing to say about it. It all depends on the clause of the contracts the company made with the others.

If their contract says "ban all countries who have their own version of PW", they will have to, no matter what they would like to do...

• soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    Well i know that i really want to play this version - simply because there will be more people from different countries here. Besides, i have friends all over the world and this version is optimal if i want to play with them, not the european one. I wonder if that version has an IP block for people outside Europe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kazuma
    edited July 2008
    ...Guys...

Im not sure if like...

I'll be playing PW-INT...

Simply because...

Well I dont know right now. =D

But the thing is the CB are in different months...

Soooo... Im going to be a CB *****.

Im gonna play this one.
    And the other one.
    See which is better...

~Conor
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The multi-language really doesn't appeal to me because only 1/3 of the chat may be english and the last thing i wanna do it party with someone i cant communicate with.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    devotion wrote: »
    Why don't they make a new version for every city in the world...:rolleyes:

Exactly my thoughts :(

Just when we get ready to move from sucky my-en to pw-int *poof* europe also enters the scene. To be honest I'd love playing on a EU server cos im from south africa and ping will be better.

But there wont be many ppl to play with since pw-int opened 1st and a lot of us will be playing there. Not to mention this is basicly a duplicate of pw-int. forum admins said it themselves " you can use any language in game, just eng on forums" So pw-int is already a multilanguage server, why add a second one month later :

*edit* just read the forums there a little, Its "perfect world II" not perfect world I'm not really sure about the differences but I know on the official deveolopers site there is 3 games almost identical, PW, PW2, chibi online
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • t0yo
    edited July 2008
    Perfect World 2 is just the major expansion in Perfect world. Think of it as the burning crusade in WoW.

2 new races/classes , new major map and the supposed housing system, more emotes and a few other things

Chibi is just a chibi version of PW with different features. Same engine. Its called Q-World in malaysian hosted by cubinet too. Therefore you can foreshadow the lameness its going to contain ;D
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    hmm.. being european also i would rather also stay on this version if i was given a choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    Perfect World 2 is just the major expansion in Perfect world.

No. Perfect World 2 is this game we will be playing here soon. The same one they also have in Malaysia.

The original Perfect Wolrd (let's call it PW1) was a subscription based game (montly fee) only released in China, prior to the PW2 version, who is F2P with cash shop..

• lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    cool, thnx for clearing that up for me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • kazuma
    edited July 2008
    Ummm...guys.

I think I may be going to PW-EU....

The community there is Godly. (Not saying PW-INT isn't.)

It's just the fact that it's so quiet....

I love the quiet feeling to it.
    Nevertheless, I will still take part in CB to test if I like it.
  • sphinx
    edited July 2008
    kazuma wrote: »
    Ummm...guys.

so how is the communty over there godly compared to this one.... ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    so how is the communty over there godly compared to this one.... ?

More herpes over there.
  • t0yo
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    No. Perfect World 2 is this game we will be playing here soon. The same one they also have in Malaysia.

The original Perfect Wolrd (let's call it PW1) was a subscription based game (montly fee) only released in China, prior to the PW2 version, who is F2P with cash shop..

Got a link?

I had read it somewhere on pw.cc wiki that PW-2 was the expansion we still haven't played
  • aer
    edited July 2008
    kazuma wrote: »
    Ummm...guys.

kazuma, why the heck do you post 3 times in this topic, each time telling a different thing?
    And if you plan on going there please don't be like here opening 238974523564 topics in one day. Seriously.
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008

This discussion has been closed.