Perfect World Europe

Comments

• orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    hmmm.. interesting...

i'll have to give corporate a call today and see what's up.

as for IP blocks -

we intended from the ground up to cater to our EU brothers and sisters, so just putting it out there -

NO IP BANS FOR PEOPLE PLAYING FROM EUROPE

sorry for the caps.

- O
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • aer
    aer Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »

Great, thanks!
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hmmm.. interesting...

please keep us informed on how that goes.

as for no IP blocks = win:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Well sorry...

:D

But anyways, Aer.

You seem to have settled in their community pretty well...

And, 'Herpes!!' Classic.

But I can't help what I prefer over something else pretty much just as good, =D

And the thing that I find better in that one is the fact that I have already settled.
    And if I were to say in their community that I prefer PW-INT im sure they wouldn't mind.

I can tell some people may majorly or just dislike me now.

Im sorry I just llike it over there, anything wrong with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    aer wrote: »
    Also, this will split up the community which will propably lead to less people playing per server, which will propably lead to a far worse game experience.

From what I gathered, the clients will be in various languages, but everyone will play on the same servers.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • kazuma
    edited July 2008
    kazuma wrote: »
    Well sorry...

:D

But anyways, Aer.

And, 'Herpes!!' Classic.

But I can't help what I prefer over something else pretty much just as good, =D

And the thing that I find better in that one is the fact that I have already settled.
    And if I were to say in their community that I prefer PW-INT im sure they wouldn't mind.

Im sorry I just llike it over there, anything wrong with that?

AH **** WHAT I JUST SAID!!

Im pretty sure that you guys are just as good as each other community wise.

xDDDD
  • aer
    edited July 2008
    kazuma wrote: »
    But anyways, Aer.

Yeah, I wrote like 5 posts there... I'm really deeeeeeeeep involved into the community.

I think basically noone has a problem with you playing on the Server you like to. It's more that you're like... spamming the whole Forum. Take care, this is not ment to insult you orso, but I think you should sometimes just wait until things are settled. You don't need to ask 2304987623754237 questions in an equal number of Threads. Not here, not there. Most of your questions can be solved using the search function or just beeing patient. :/
    karmelia wrote:
    From what I gathered, the clients will be in various languages, but everyone will play on the same servers.

Yep, yep. Seems to be true, but that is not what I was thinking of. It was more about a split of the community between PW-INT and PW-EU, resulting in less players per Server and therefor propably a worse Territory War, which will propably be my main focus.
  • kazuma
    edited July 2008
    =DD

I've gotten out of the swing of spamming the forums now. =DDDDD

But fair enough your not that active on the other forum. xD

No hard feelings to anyone. =]
  • dannboy
    dannboy Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    you dont want us from norway to come play with you guys:( now im really sad lol
  • aer
    edited July 2008
    I've been ironic, thought it would be clear ;)
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i have no problem playing a Euro server

my considerations on which version i'll play will be based on (in order)...
    1) TW times
    2) percieved quality of competence / customer service
    3) value / expense of cash shop items
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    xauss wrote: »
    i have no problem playing a Euro server

my considerations on which version i'll play will be based on (in order)...
    1) TW times
    2) percieved quality of competence / customer service
    3) value / expense of cash shop items

hmm, well you cant judge points 2 and 3 yet since neither are out at the moment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    hmm, well you cant judge points 2 and 3 yet since neither are out at the moment

and PW-Intl havent told us time of point 1 either (i expect it will be good for me in Euro version)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aer
    edited July 2008
    Those three are my main concerns too, so up till now both staffs seem to be fine for me, but time will tell that. As for me, I registered for both CBs and I will propably play the server I like more afterwards.
  • meome
    meome Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    as for IP blocks -

we intended from the ground up to cater to our EU brothers and sisters, so just putting it out there -

- O

Now i can sleep tonight,thank you :)
  • judaspt
    judaspt Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Regarding the server version i quote:
    We will be same version like the Northamerica Version which is one version behind the Chinese one... when we start.
  • neurosis
    neurosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Are you sure these guys are legitimate?

.ms (Montserrat) isn't even in Europe, it's a tiny island in the Caribbean. If they were truly European, wouldn't they just use .eu? Or the the legitimate country code where the servers are hosted?

Also, they totally jacked a few images from the international site like this one:
    http://www.perfectworldeurope.com/forum/geek/gab/images/0/23be-a-detective-468x60.jpg

Just a thought.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    neurosis wrote: »

.ms (Montserrat) isn't even in Europe, it's a tiny island in the Caribbean. If they were truly European, wouldn't they just use .eu? Or the the legitimate country code where the servers are hosted?

Also, they totally jacked a few images from the international site like this one:
    http://www.perfectworldeurope.com/forum/geek/gab/images/0/23be-a-detective-468x60.jpg

Just a thought.

Imitation is one of the strongest forms of flattery. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • judaspt
    edited July 2008
    neurosis wrote: »

Just a thought.

Well, this version is from gamemasters, the same company that launched cabal and hero online in Europe. So i assume this isn't fake.
  • neurosis
    neurosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    judaspt wrote: »
    Well, this version is from gamemasters, the same company that launched cabal and hero online in Europe. So i assume this isn't fake.

It's funny how they need to host their servers in the Caribbean island of Montserrat. Its always a good way to avoid paying taxes :confused:
  • judaspt
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Imitation Is One Of The Strongest Forms Of Flattery. ;)

Looool Qft
  • liran
    liran Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    well, i need to understand something,
    will europe version be divided to 4 servers?
    or will it be 1 server that all languages will be allowed on it?

also i wish to know if they planning to ban usa players from it?

can anyone tell me information about that... ty;)
  • aer
    edited July 2008
    There will be one server where all players will play on, only different clients with different languages. So everyone will play together, everyone in their own language.
    Also, they do not plan to ban US-Players as well as this version here does not ban european ones.

FYI: The Servers of PW-EU will be located in Germany.
  • pdub
    pdub Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    aer wrote: »
    There will be one server where all players will play on, only different clients with different languages. So everyone will play together, everyone in their own language.
    Also, they do not plan to ban US-Players as well as this version here does not ban european ones.

FYI: The Servers of PW-EU will be located in Germany.

May I ask how do you know all of this information? Are you from Games-Masters? I have not seen any official word on their site with regard to IP-bans much less how their server/client structure will work.

As of 12:18 PST, there is no information regarding any of the above issues on their site or forums.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    hmmm.. interesting...

as for IP blocks -

sorry for the caps.

- O

It's very refreshing to see the admins here aren't afraid to stake their credibility like this, and say flat out yes or no on an issue.

Let's just hope you're right though.
  • pdub
    edited July 2008
    Still waiting to see where AER got that information...
    His lack of response leads me to believe that he works for Games-Noobers.
  • poolia
    poolia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    he got it from the forums for them... in the discussion lounge area i think
    http://forum.perfectworld.ms/forumdisplay.php?f=8 if i'm alowed to post it :D
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    massamune wrote: »
    It's very refreshing to see the admins here aren't afraid to stake their credibility like this, and say flat out yes or no on an issue.

Let's just hope you're right though.

no need to hope that i'm right. tis the truth, heheh.

- O
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • pdub
    edited July 2008
    poolia wrote: »
    he got it from the forums for them... in the discussion lounge area i think
    http://forum.perfectworld.ms/forumdisplay.php?f=8 if i'm alowed to post it :D

I looked in that forum, no information regarding IP bans.
  • aer
    edited July 2008
    Still waiting to see where AER got that information...
    His lack of response leads me to believe that he works for Games-Noobers.
    No, actually I just got something called a life that keeps me busy from time to time, you know? :<
    The answers are stated out here: click me, will you?

First Post of "Kru", a GM of the European Version:
    I have to point out even this is the European version there won't be any IP blocks for any countries out of Europe. e.g. players from South America can play here, too.

We will run Perfect World in the languages: English, German, Spanish, French and Turkish. Our plan is that all these languages can be play on the same world system but with different language clients. This will avoid the problem to split the community in different language servers.

So maybe next time you spend a little more time on searching, mkay? And well, as you might have noticed I'm there just another registered user w/o any GM Sign orso, with the same name. You might want to think about stuff before you spread false information. In other words: You failed, gtfo. And I am annoyed by the fact that you shout out such ****. Just spend your time looking a bit more, okay?
This discussion has been closed.