Options

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    neurosis wrote: »
    Are you sure these guys are legitimate?

From the first page of this thread : http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1787935/ (try it now)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    From the first page of this thread : http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/1787935/

The requested resource could not be found.
  • pdub
    pdub Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    aer wrote: »
    You might want to think about stuff before you spread false information. In other words: You failed, gtfo. And I am annoyed by the fact that you shout out such ****. Just spend your time looking a bit more, okay?

You were right about the languages being merged, but where on their site does it talk about them not blocking US IPs? Huh?
  • aer
    aer Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Are you really to lazy to read? Wait, I'll quote it again:
    I have to point out even this is the European version there won't be any IP blocks for any countries out of Europe. e.g. players from South America can play here, too.
    It's in the same post, the same quote here, one sentence before the server thingie. facepalm.jpg, you know?
    specter wrote: »

Right click -> Copy Link -> paste into new tab/window of browser.
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    orinj wrote: »
    no need to hope that i'm right. tis the truth, heheh.

- O

Don't think I was questioning you personally. I think most of us with experience in multiple MMOs are used to being told one thing one day and something diametrically opposed to it the next. While the information may have been correct and honest at the time, these things have a nasty habit of changing.

Anyway, I'm very glad to hear this, but I gotta admit I'm worried about having three versions compete all of a sudden for the English speaking market. I think it could be too many choices, too much dilution of the player base, too many broken up guilds and friendships as people stray to various versions (or don't leave MY-EN at all.)

Here's hoping there's enough customers to satisfy all three companies, and failing that let's hope this version is the one that survives. Given its management I wouldn't shed a tear if MY-EN faded into obscurity.
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    "there won't be any IP blocks for any countries out of Europe"

that could mean hoards of chinese / malay / phillipino / japanese etc. players migrating en masse with bots / hacks... goldsellers by the shedload... asian guilds seeking TW dominance against the euro-noobs etc

my chances of playing there has just nosedived
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    xauss wrote: »
    "there won't be any IP blocks for any countries out of Europe"

that could mean hoards of chinese / malay / phillipino / japanese etc. players migrating en masse with bots / hacks... goldsellers by the shedload... asian guilds seeking TW dominance against the euro-noobs etc

my chances of playing there has just nosedived

Agreed. As soon as they said they were offering Turkish as a language they lost any interest at all from me. I played SRO. I know what that's like.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    specter wrote: »

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS118726+29-Jul-2008+PRN20080729
    http://www.ibtimes.com/prnews/20080729/pwrd-euro-license.htm

I first googled the article on reuters. It seems the news is hot off the press. In synopsis, Games-Masters finalized licensing agreements on July 24th, 2008 for English(UK), French, Spanish, German, Turkish, etc and around 40 countries in Europe. Very expeditious, from licensing to service commencement, possibly by September 2008.

(I am not for or against. It does seem a little sudden though, but it must be nice for Perfect World investment offices. T_T They're keeping the other class designations: Werefox, Werebeast, Warrior, etc.)
  • neurosis
    neurosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Quoted from a PW.ms GM:
    God bless our new project and we will be succes all together.
    Good luck... And I hope we stand strong on our foots.

Well Said. :D
  • pdub
    pdub Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    neurosis wrote: »
    Quoted from a PW.ms GM

Well Said. :D

lolololololololol yah I'm done with engrish so no thanks PW.MS
  • inferno
    inferno Posts: 12
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Hello, I'm not sure which one I'll be joining, but for sure I'll try both.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Hi Inferno, Nice to see you here.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • slimpickens
    slimpickens Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Well, the Eu version will allow turks, so if i had a choice between EU or NA I would choose NA. Turkish people from my experience in other mmos are the worse ever. NOT ALL TURKS, just the ones that play mmo's.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Well, the Eu version will allow turks, so if i had a choice between EU or NA I would choose NA. Turkish people from my experience in other mmos are the worse ever. NOT ALL TURKS, just the ones that play mmo's.

plz no over-simplified generalizations about ppls ethnic backgrounds ^_^

but i am happy you're playing with us, hehehe.

- O
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options

- O

Unless they are BR or PL. then it is ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    Options
    arcane wrote: »
    Unless they are BR or PL. then it is ok.

arg.... hjhha

you guys :)

- O
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • slimpickens
    slimpickens Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options

- O

I did stress that NOT ALL TURKS. I have played 2 other mmo's . If i can mention them( KO and SRO) and the turks playing(not the entire country) made the game unbearable. KO was the absoulute worse. Again NOT ALL TURKS, just the majority of the ones playing. Yes there were horrible Americans, Canadains, Brazilains, and any other nationality you can think of, but Turks seems to have the highest % of cheating/hacking/scamming players. Just MY opinion.

I got my active CB key , just waiting for the DL Email :)
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I did stress that NOT ALL TURKS. I have played 2 other mmo's . If i can mention them( KO and SRO) and the turks playing(not the entire country) made the game unbearable. KO was the absoulute worse. Again NOT ALL TURKS, just the majority of the ones playing. Yes there were horrible Americans, Canadains, Brazilains, and any other nationality you can think of, but Turks seems to have the highest % of cheating/hacking/scamming players. Just MY opinion.

I got my active CB key , just waiting for the DL Email :)

BRs make the game entertainingish.

My favorite Polish quote ever:

On Vent:

Very polish dude: "Im not Polish, Im drunk!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    this is going to be a very good game
    very good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • micchan
    micchan Posts: 11
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Guys, u forget an important thing. LAG.
    This game (for who have try MY EN from Europe) is very sensible regarding ping. In usa servers, expecially in California where PW INT is located, i ping 100-150+, while in europe i ping 50-55+ (ping www.perfectworldeurope.com). So this is mean no delay on skills and targeting mobs.

Of course some kind of ppl in Europe are terrible, like turks (i admit i had bad experience with them), but i have find annoy ppl in usa servers too playing other mmorgs. And consider they have multilanguage client and maybe multilanguage shout chat in game.

Also i'm sure they ban europeand IP for license. Yes, is called international, but only for countries where service isn't available. Game masters and Bejelin can lose players if they allow everyone play in different versions.

PS: I try ping directly www.perfecworld.com but it doesn't work, ping timeout.
  • olks
    olks Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    hmmm.. interesting...NO IP BANS FOR PEOPLE PLAYING FROM EUROPE- O

that is great, i dont wanna play in eu, i wanna play this version because there is more ppl and main language is english.
    i from EU.
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    junk wrote: »
    Me neither. Makes me wonder if all Europeans hate their countries (I know I do).

Then move in another country. Noone forces you to stay. And for sure it will be better if you leave because of your attitude. You are a shame for all the ppl who sacrificed their lifes for your country.
  • micchan
    micchan Posts: 11
    edited July 2008
    Options
    hmmm.. interesting...NO IP BANS FOR PEOPLE PLAYING FROM EUROPE- O

Oh, didn't notice this, nice to read. I probably test both, surely lag and skill delay will play important role for keep ppl here. And u know, this game is very sensible to lag for casting skills and hit mobs (MY EN is unplayable from europe cause this issue).
    Will see. :)
  • elysium
    elysium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    micchan wrote: »
    Guys, u forget an important thing. LAG.
    This game (for who have try MY EN from Europe) is very sensible regarding ping. In usa servers, expecially in California where PW INT is located, i ping 100-150+, while in europe i ping 50-55+ (ping www.perfectworldeurope.com). So this is mean no delay on skills and targeting mobs.

Of course some kind of ppl in Europe are terrible, like turks (i admit i had bad experience with them), but i have find annoy ppl in usa servers too playing other mmorgs. And consider they have multilanguage client and maybe multilanguage shout chat in game.

Also i'm sure they ban europeand IP for license. Yes, is called international, but only for countries where service isn't available. Game masters and Bejelin can lose players if they allow everyone play in different versions.

PS: I try ping directly www.perfecworld.com but it doesn't work, ping timeout.

Read this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5101
  • dannboy
    dannboy Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    We will run Perfect World in the languages: English, German, Spanish, French and Turkish. (this is the european server)

.............-.-' its no norwegian, swedish or danish here(that sucks SO much) so ill stick to this international =)

and if i did read all the 9 pages correctly its not going to ban european players from playing here so thats great XD so then ill see you guys in game:D
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    About lag:
    So far, my pings to the 3 versions are the following:
    MY-EN: 419 | 435 | 590 (best| avrg| worst)
    INTL: 215 | 223 | 240 (best| avrg| worst)
    EU: 59 | 68 | 162 (best| avrg| worst)

Sure, the EU pings are lower for me, but pinging the webpage doesn't give you accurate results because the page can be hosted on a different server than the gameserver(s) and also since there are no players online, you can't say how high the additional lag will be.

-> I'll wait till OB. If the lag gets unbearable again, well then i most likely quit.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aer
    aer Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    dannboy wrote: »
    We will run Perfect World in the languages: English, German, Spanish, French and Turkish. (this is the european server)

.............-.-' its no norwegian, swedish or danish here(that sucks SO much) so ill stick to this international =)

and if i did read all the 9 pages correctly its not going to ban european players from playing here so thats great XD so then ill see you guys in game:D

It is told that in the future more languages will follow, but well... you know... game companies and what they say. :x
  • liran
    liran Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    let me understand this right.
    spain polish turkish and all those who has their own version will be ip banned from this version?

If our G-ms so open with us , can they give us a list of contries who will be ip banned?

and if it hurt anyone list the contries that aint got ip ban.
    i need to know this please...
    can any g-m inlight me?:eek:
  • ara
    ara Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    liran

is was already posted in this thread that
    There will be no IP bans for European players
    on this version.

GM said it, so it's believeable, end of discussion until a GM says something different.

Could we actually have a sticky post for this?
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    i like the fact that they seem to have keept the My-EN class names :)
This discussion has been closed.