Edited .ini file

Comments

• ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    specter wrote: »
    Fat panda! :D
    http://i26.tinypic.com/9fto4p.jpg

And found a video of character without head - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4BZk8W9z8

Omg that vid is so disturbing, I love it.
    *cheers for the madness* thank you, you made my day.
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    you cant get ban for editing .ini file with notepad in fact youa re not using 3rd part programs for editing...
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    raven wrote: »
    you cant get ban for editing .ini file with notepad in fact youa re not using 3rd part programs for editing...

It's a program that doesn't come with the game installation. Therefore it is a third party program.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    True that, but I personally don't think they would ban you for it. I bet for warning and char look reset.
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    well you cant call a text editor as third party program its only a reader and often it is inside your OS so way different from hacking.Also character editing (fat thin) has no real vantages ingame.
  • specter
    edited July 2008
    well you cant call a text editor as third party program its only a reader and often it is inside your OS so way different from hacking.Also character editing (fat thin) has no real vantages ingame.

Oh yes it does - you can make your character even invisible using this method...
  • aer
    aer Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Actually, they can ban you for everything they like as long as they define it as ban-able. If they declare "we will ban you for doing this", they can do so. Even if it's done with a Notepad.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Oh yes you can:
    orinj wrote: »
    um yeah.... we don't want that :(

so no lollipop characters or otherwise in the game plz ^_^

thanks for understanding.

- orinj
    end of discussion, i would say.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • specter
    edited July 2008
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    doesn't seem to be as bad as some of the earlier posted ss. These are actually watchable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • specter
    edited July 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    doesn't seem to be as bad as some of the earlier posted ss. These are actually watchable

Yep - and that's what should be allowed in my opinion. And not by editing .ini file, just in-game...
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    specter wrote: »
    Yep - and that's what should be allowed in my opinion. And not by editing .ini file, just in-game...

I doubt this version will have game code modifications, so it will not happen.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • specter
    edited July 2008
    I doubt it too, but they can always "forward it to the appropriate authorities" ^_^
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

Modifying your game client in any way can result in action being taken against your account. Let there be no confusion about it. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikoto
    mikoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I quite enjoy seeing ridiculous looking characters around in PW, for me it makes the game a little more interesting. It gets a bit boring always seeing these "perfect" people everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Will we still be allowed to use the Report Bots function to report chars with edited .ini files? It's much easier than taking a screen shot and posting it and I think the GMs can figure it out xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doucette66
    doucette66 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    so is making a "fat" Werebeast not allowed? They don't look ugly or anything, but it does require editing
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    doucette66 wrote: »
    so is making a "fat" Werebeast not allowed? They don't look ugly or anything, but it does require editing
    xarfox wrote: »
    Modifying your game client in any way can result in action being taken against your account. Let there be no confusion about it. ;)
    There you have it. Was only few posts above yours =_=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    thats good cause that means no eye sores when playing ingame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Lol I love that guy in a non-**** way. He's actually really cool.

Well in that case hun hes all good hehehe in a non **** way ;)
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Editing the ini file shouldn't be explicitly banned. There are perfectly valid reasons to do so.
    Changing tail color, flatter chests, larger chests, etc. I couldn't get my werefox flat enough to be in-character on PW-MY with the default options.

As long as the change is not absurd or broken (like the invisible sticks), it should be left alone. The disgusting/ untargetable stick figure guys deserve banned though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • bunny
    bunny Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Editing the ini file shouldn't be explicitly banned. There are perfectly valid reasons to do so.
    Changing tail color, flatter chests, larger chests, etc. I couldn't get my werefox flat enough to be in-character on PW-MY with the default options.

As long as the change is not absurd or broken (like the invisible sticks), it should be left alone. The disgusting/ untargetable stick figure guys deserve banned though.

LMAO. I agree. That headless video scared the **** outta me. Like, it could be in a horror movie. The music made it worse, also the constant flailing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    ren wrote: »

That would be too hard to put the line between what is acceptable and not. At what point is a chest too large or too flat?

That would end up with endless arguing betweent the offenders and the GM : "Hey! Why can't I do it if that other one is allowed to? My chest is only a bit larger than his anyway!" blablabla....

I say : no modified chars, period. Easier to manage for everyone.

The current customisation options are broad enough that not two char can be alike, unlike many other games, anyway.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    The current customisation options are broad enough that not two char can be alike, unlike many other games, anyway.
    For every class except the Barbarians...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    allow fat pandas only... ban the rest (just my opinion)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    xauss wrote: »
    allow fat pandas only... ban the rest (just my opinion)

Fat pandas can be used to block player's shop. Ban fat pandas! :)

• ren
    edited July 2008
    Cry more, seriously.
    Supposedly there were a lot of stick guys on MY but I never encountered anything that bothers me, aside from people using those **** bolus things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    ^- ok, then i probably should make an invisible character that noone can see and backstab you everytime i see you, since that doesn't bother you ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    edited July 2008
    ... I meant I've never actually seen one of those invisible stick guys, only heard about them.

Ugly characters don't really bother me. As long as it's not ruining gameplay, there's no reason to forbid it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    sphinx wrote: »
    thats good cause that means no eye sores when playing ingame.

Until you see a werefox with blue hair and a red tail and ears. Spiderfox ftl.

Make an option to edit tail/ears ingame or allow the color to be changed through the ini.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.