Edited .ini file

Comments

• koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    Non pkers will play in "SUPER AWESOME HARDCORE PVE!!! SERVERS"

Real players will roll in pvp servers.

I don't think many games have that. Flyff and Ghost are the only games I have known to have had seperate servers for pvp/pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    koz wrote: »
    I don't think many games have that. Flyff and Ghost are the only games I have known to have had seperate servers for pvp/pk.

It has been hinted that there might be seperate servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited July 2008

Doubt it. No other versions have separate servers for pvp. Would seem pretty pointless the me. Most players don't mind the occasional pvp, so the pvm server would be empty and a waste of a server. The arena is already a designated area for pvp so a separate server would just be foolish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Doubt it. No other versions have separate servers for pvp. Would seem pretty pointless the me. Most players don't mind the occasional pvp, so the pvm server would be empty and a waste of a server. The arena is already a designated area for pvp so a separate server would just be foolish.

UNLESS the penalties for pking and pvping were different in that server. Or if dolls didnt work in pvp on that server, or if you didnt go red in 1 kill on that server.

Lots of things could make a pvp server better than a all around one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    UNLESS the penalties for pking and pvping were different in that server. Or if dolls didnt work in pvp on that server, or if you didnt go red in 1 kill on that server.

Lots of things could make a pvp server better than a all around one.

Don't want penalties? Go to the arena then. There really is no need to pk people who are questing or grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Don't want penalties? Go to the arena then. There really is no need to pk people who are questing or grinding.

Yes there is :P
    to start a war of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    Yes there is :P
    to start a war of course.

Lol. Go play cabal then. This isn't the game for you :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    Lol. Go play cabal then. This isn't the game for you :3

Cabal botters win. And I go where my guild goes. Were tight knit and we have fun no matter what.

If I should go to cabal cuz I want to pvp.

You should go here:

http://www.hellokittyonline.com

I think the awesome carebearishness of that game suits your playstyle well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    You can't expect the company to change the mechanics of the game to suit your guild's playstyle. This is how the game works in every other version. Clearly pk is frowned upon by the creator because you are penalized for doing it, no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane
    edited July 2008
    You can't expect the company to change the mechanics of the game to suit your guild's playstyle. This is how the game works in every other version. Clearly pk is frowned upon by the creator because you are penalized for doing it, no?

Every game usually has a penalty :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    Every game usually has a penalty :X

And does every game make a separate sever with less penalties because your guild likes to pk?

Anyways I'm off to bed. It's been fun

~ciao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    guys... changing wf tail color does not require to edit character files. There is a thing called adv transfigure scroll ^^.
    Plz allow fat characters :(. i want to make my wf fat n cute hehe.
  • zezix
    zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I dont mind the chaning of fatness and skinnyness.. It's not hard to ignore and it really has no effect on the game play of anyone.
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    making a fat char has some pros and some cons.
    Pro: cuteness!! Shop block?(kinda stupid to waste time blocking shops lol). People get lazy and quit doing it anyway.
    Con:Easy target for TW/Pk war

i do not approve of stick or very skinny characters. They do affect the gameplay, especially during TW n PK. It is hard to click n see those lil critters. They can pk n escape with juke expertise to max. It gives an advantage to the user.

Plz reconsider and allow fat characters but not skinny characters. Being fat is more of a handicap anyway lol.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008

This is correct, there will be both PvE and PvP servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    splice wrote: »
    Con:Easy target for TW/Pk war

Plz reconsider and allow fat characters but not skinny characters. Being fat is more of a handicap anyway lol.

Stop spreading false information.

A fat char won't have an increased click area. You may try to click on it but not be able to because you are clicking outside of the targetting area.

Thin chars also retain their original clickeable area, but since they are much harder to spot, you may simply not be able to see them.

Both are cheat and should be forbidden.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • koz
    edited July 2008
    Well they already confirmed that editing .ini files are illegal so no need to fight about it. What's done is done :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Well they already confirmed that editing .ini files are illegal so no need to fight about it. What's done is done :p

Just like Rohan confirmed botting is illegal, yet high profile botters don't get banned.

"don't ask don't tell; official word is no but who can prove it!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    ren wrote: »
    Just like Rohan confirmed botting is illegal, yet high profile botters don't get banned.

"don't ask don't tell; official word is no but who can prove it!"
    There is nothing to be confirmed, editing system files is hacking = booting = should be kicked out:cool:
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    This is correct, there will be both PvE and PvP servers.

hmm.. I dont get well what is PVE,
    i know that PvP is player vs player = duel and not pk
    and what about PVE? PLAYER VS Enemy?
    lol strange enemys = mobs?
    ... lol i dont get the point
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    i know that PvP is player vs player = duel and not pk

PvP is player vs player INCLUDING PK. I doubt any serious PvPer will consider duel PvP
    and what about PVE? PLAYER VS Enemy?

PvE = Player versus Environment (monsters, dungeons, quests, etc...) anything controlled by the server
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    PvP is player vs player INCLUDING PK. I doubt any serious PvPer will consider duel PvP

PvE = Player versus Environment (monsters, dungeons, quests, etc...) anything controlled by the server

So if i understand well, Pvp include PvE, i mean even in PvP servers u can also kill mobs of corse.
    Or did i understand system wrong
  • ren
    edited July 2008
    There is nothing to be confirmed, editing system files is hacking = booting = should be kicked out:cool:

I'm not at all surprised at a completely foolish comment like this coming from you.
    It's not hacking, sorry. Go finish high school then come back and spam these forums with BS and ugly pics/.

Since when does editing an unecrypted text file count as anything other than editing a text file rofllolol =x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Someone ban Nonours, please.

If this server flops, it'll be his fault, I promise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    ren wrote: »
    I'm not at all surprised at a completely foolish comment like this coming from you.
    It's not hacking, sorry. Go finish high school then come back and spam these forums with BS and ugly pics/.

Hoho, you got mad ? dont be offenced, but you should go back to primery school, learn what is respect others, and what is respect rules!!!
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Someone ban Nonours, please.

If this server flops, it'll be his fault, I promise.

Hey, Calm Down, ok tell me what is wrong, I try to fix;) don't be angry:)
  • karmelia
    edited July 2008
    So if i understand well, Pvp include PvE, i mean even in PvP servers u can also kill mobs of corse.

Yes, since killing players don't give XP.

• arcane
    edited July 2008
    Hoho, you got mad ? dont be offenced, but you should go back to primery school, learn what is respect others, and what is respect rules!!!

Yes, go back to school.

You learn words like "Don't", "Offended", "Primary", the difference and uses of "how" and "what", and last but not least, proper grammar.

You know all about that though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    Yes, go back to school.

You learn words like "Don't", "Offended", "Primary", the difference and uses of "how" and "what", and last but not least, proper grammar.

You know all about that though.

If you prefer i use french, i can ok?
    and This is international, so there is nothing wrong to do some errors!

Omg, is this perfect world international community?
    SO AGRESIVE!!
    ps your thoughs are probebly racistic!!!
  • ren
    edited July 2008
    Exept that french isn't a "race" (lol spelling).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.