08/16/23 DA server issues Update 08/23/23 -Resolved

Comments

• auzumaki2020
    auzumaki2020 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Ok thank you. But the problem is like h ack thingy or just some lost data/bug? And for how long x2 will last?
  • diegoal#3064
    diegoal#3064 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Since yesterday I`m having that issue about "Could not retrieve character list", for how long we still need to wait about this situation? Are we going to receive these days in our calendar ?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited August 2023
    Ok thank you. But the problem is like h ack thingy or just some lost data/bug? And for how long x2 will last?

Sorry I dont know the cause and its not common for PWE to announce the reasons. From what we have seen so far there has been a roll back of the data, Hopefully we may get some time frame from this.

as for 2x it should last to a point to cover the downtime of the server but again at this point I dont know to say in stone anytime frame.

Thanks.

Another code for 5 Mill Here! Pm me this for 5M DA server only!

Claimed!
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • liverpool79
    liverpool79 Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'll say it again as my post was on the last page, Thanks Heero for all your Efforts and continued updates on this problem, keep up the good work .. TheTokenCow (DA)
  • auzumaki2020
    Ok. Appreciate the replies and thank you so much for your work
  • rikurebirths
    rikurebirths Posts: 34 Arc User
    I wonder if it would take them this long if the 'issue' was on TW, TT, TI. Would the effort be the same or more, if all 4 sever was QQing would it really make it a difference. Honestly it just feels like DA is only one getting rear ended. But imagine if half a DA people chargeback right now, what type of impact would that bring to the 'team' itself. Officially 24 hours has passed and the server is dead still and all DA is gonna get exp and drop rate. Sounds pretty pathetic.
  • healgemz
    healgemz Posts: 3 Arc User
    do we get any goodies for the time away from the game .. wishfull thinking I know but.. ya neva know
  • sesshomonkey#0816
    sesshomonkey#0816 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've seen so many bad takes on this.

1. Enhancer has nothing to do with the issue on DA. They purchased Perfect World Entertainment, they do not actively develop for any of the games, that is still on PWE to maintain servers and updates.
    2. PWE is still a very small team, it's not as big as blizzard or bungie ect. Coming with IT and server experience, I can tell you these issues can be a range of different things. The smaller the dev team is, the longer troubleshooting takes. It isnt as simple as "ethernet was unplugged". Give them time, and YES the effort would be equal if it was TI,TT, or ET. All 4 servers make them money, DA having some of the bigger cashers in the game.
    3. The 2x being for DA is fair, this isnt about PWI being a "dead game." it's about compensating players who lost time, exp, vitea, dailies, chiv ect. If your not experiencing an over 24 hour down time, than your server should stay in it's lane.
    4. Stop shooting the messenger. The community mods around here have stated for YEARS now, they have an easier way to get ahold of the devs to make community post updates, but do not have influence over them or receive special information. Be grateful that this player takes the time out of their day to update us so we dont have to go ask live chat for one. I appreciate their efforts and respect should be shown to them for those efforts.

Now if your one of the players being disrespectful, go outside and touch some grass, enjoy the summer, and wait patiently. They will compensate us.

Thank you!
  • heerohex#3018
    Evening all, I have not had any more news on this tonight. This will be my last post for a few hours. I'll catch up on this later tonight/tomz.

Thanks.
    healgemz wrote: »
    do we get any goodies for the time away from the game .. wishfull thinking I know but.. ya neva know

You never know.
  • mspk1993
    mspk1993 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hmm 2x/3x counts towards vitae as well? didnt know that? Can you confirm it?
    avatarfreeman Posts: 29 Arc User
    It had been 29 hours since DA been down does PWI know the problem? Please give us an ETA
  • sharpestsharpie
    sharpestsharpie Posts: 28 Arc User
    It had been 29 hours since DA been down does PWI know the problem? Please give us an ETA

They arent going to give you an ETA. because if they did, and they went over that ETA, you would cry more than if they didnt give an ETA at all.
  • sesshomonkey#0816
    sesshomonkey#0816 Posts: 3 Arc User
    #Facts
  • sskbm
    sskbm Posts: 2 Arc User
    mspk1993 wrote: »
    Hmm 2x/3x counts towards vitae as well? didnt know that? Can you confirm it?

Most likely no. This event in past never affected vitae afaik, neither exp gained from quests.
  • sskbm
    sskbm Posts: 2 Arc User

Pls. Read the conversation above. Are you capable of that? Most likely not... Perhaps you would know that person bringing informaiton is just normal player and only messenger.

...Yet s/he already said that s/he didn't get any information about ETA. If you desperately need it, go talk to support.
  • azra#6116
    azra#6116 Posts: 20 Arc User
    sskbm wrote: »

...Yet s/he already said that s/he didn't get any information about ETA. If you desperately need it, go talk to support.

Support will give exactly same answer.Am afraid that they dont have any idea what they doin,they just restarted/roll-back in hope that it will fix things,failed 1st time,so they now repeat it.After latest update whole game was unstable,DC-s in instances,NR,HS,i had dc even in codex,trials,this crash we could expect. :hushed:

• rikurebirths
    rikurebirths Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Just out of curiosity I've heard the XTW are held in EU server so how will it work if DA itself hasn't been fixed in 2 whole full days?
  • auzumaki2020
    No xtw this weekend 😁
  • skazy#8883
    skazy#8883 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    hello,

was wondering if rollback happens, will I be compensated for the character I leveled?

thanks
  • skazy#8883
    skazy#8883 Posts: 4 Arc User
    can anybody help me catch up to this game?

I'm a very old player retruning (last time played PWI in 2013/14)
    legit no clue of the value of stuff/leveling etc.

anybody can give me some pointers, apart from the IG help/window that pops up?

thakns in advance
  • ttopenexx#5893
    ttopenexx#5893 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Server up and runing :)
  • heerohex#3018
    Server up and runing :)

Ok, thanks.

Sorry I've not been able to drop online.

Hopefully everything stays as is.

If I get any more info I'll pass it on.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    Just out of curiosity I've heard the XTW are held in EU server so how will it work if DA itself hasn't been fixed in 2 whole full days?

Good question. It really depends I guess as xtw is on a different system. It may just work as normal, not work at all, just work for the unaffected servers or just work for eu server.

Sadly it's a case we will find out.

Thanks.
  • ttopenexx#5893
    ttopenexx#5893 Posts: 7 Arc User
    there are still some problems tho, ppl cant log mains , alts, and missing ittems as i can see in world chat XD
  • heerohex#3018
    skazy#8883 wrote: »
    hello,

was wondering if rollback happens, will I be compensated for the character I leveled?

thanks

The server will have bonuses active for a while to hopefully cover some of the loss.

I'll update once I know how long this will be active for.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    there are still some problems tho, ppl cant log mains , alts, and missing ittems as i can see in world chat XD

The team will be monitoring the servers so any problems should be picked up.

Please continue to let us know as well tho.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    So the team are still working on the issue.

They have informed me that they may have to restart all the servers. They will try and let me know advanced if this happens and I will make sure it's posted a forums ASAP.

Obviously they've asked that I pass on apologies or any inconvenience that's been caused and they are looking to work on a compensation package.

Thanks.
  • wilai29#4617
    wilai29#4617 Posts: 32 Arc User
    "Error retrieving character information for this account"
  • heerohex#3018
    I just had confirmation that the the servers are now fully live and you should be able to access as normal.

Please let me know on here if you do have any more problems and I will continue to update the team.

The team is also working on a compensation package but 3x EXP and 2x on drops will continue to be active until further notice. This is only for DA server.

They've also confirmed that there is no need for a restart at this point.

Thanks.

• healgemz
    healgemz Posts: 3 Arc User
    "Error retrieving character information for this account"

same for me 2