Missing NPC - Lu Fan

So i was doing the Celestial Demon culti on my bm, and it changed a bit. Now, i reached a point where i need to talk to Lu Fan, but the NPC is not where it should, and i didn't find any record of it

Comments

• nanatar
    nanatar Posts: 15 Arc User
    I am also to that point on my BM and i wrote a ticket on it and they said he dont exsiste to ask someome in the forum. if ya find out will you plz let me know
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    The NPC doesn't exist because they need to spawn it haha. I think it was originally an event NPC. I've checked on the Chinese version of Perfect World and he spawns there (he moves between 5 different locations every few minutes) so definitely needs to be fixed. I put forward a ticket on this last night and the mods will pass it forward on the list of issues as well.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • nancyluna#2159
    nancyluna#2159 Posts: 1 Arc User
    dec 25 npc Lu Fan still not there
  • musiclover#7955
    musiclover#7955 Posts: 23 Arc User
    dec 25 npc Lu Fan still not there

well well the auto ticket bot tells all is fine .... what you expect when they bring out an update like this on the holiday season when nobody is there to fix it? (update was 1 week ago) there are around 10 bugs and this new alpha stuff is in the pipeline as well .... look forward for more bugs ...
  • nanatar
    nanatar Posts: 15 Arc User
    27th and still no Lu Fan
  • obielle
    I've chatted with staff about it, and Lu Fan won't get fixed until a future maintenance but they're definitely aware of it. They've sent off information to the devs about it.

That's all the information I have on this issue at the moment.

• ediolas#4009
    ediolas#4009 Posts: 1 Arc User
    :(, hopefully they fix it soon
  • kabus#5558
    kabus#5558 Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have the issue with my Barb. has it been fixed yet?
  • ajmeaglepsyc
    ajmeaglepsyc Posts: 1 Arc User
    cryofsky wrote: »
    So i was doing the Celestial Demon culti on my bm, and it changed a bit. Now, i reached a point where i need to talk to Lu Fan, but the NPC is not where it should, and i didn't find any record of it

This is really bad and very unprofessional for a game to have so many broken problems with Culti Quests that need to be finished and cannot do it and cannot grow your character. I have a demon sin and need to finish this culti and spend a lot of time - I did waist to look for this MISSING NPC Lu Fan that cannot be found NO WHERE!! Please make an effort to fix this problem because as it seems there is a lot of ppl who cannot play ..... or get better IT ppl who can do a proper work on this hectic PWI BUGS who rule in game.
  • stinkysox
    stinkysox Posts: 2 Arc User
    The worst part is the demon/sage culti quests are the main goal of the game till they are done, for 17 years it functionedf alright, even in closed alpha, and here we are, arc now owns rights for pwi, introducing gear sooooo over powered that the caves i need to bh100 need it, and older ones got buffed to the point where 5.0 dd with 10khp can not do it anymore. I am FORCED TO REBIRTH because i am nt giving an option to progress to 105 without it. I mean, wtf? i pay enough to pay one of the devs wages, yet i get answer "as far as we are aware, you are the only player with that problem" bull ****.
  • loei#9697
    loei#9697 Posts: 5 Arc User
    i also sent in a ticket and they told me to go here.my quest to kill celeslord disappeared and i got this instead?
    when i wait some min on the location for Lu Fan, and click quest mark again, i get new location as if the npc have moved, but still invisible.the area is so small u can see almost all of the 5 locations from 1 spot, and always ppl there looking in vain.a experienced player told me one have to be lvl 103 to be able to finish it? but in that case, why is he the only one in the game with that knowledge? if not in right lvl it indicate it with red text normally?
    i made 4 small ss, about 30kb each, but its no room here, and i dont want to create a new account on a web hotel for it, so i skip it.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    i also sent in a ticket and they told me to go here.my quest to kill celeslord disappeared and i got this instead?[/quote[
    To go here means there isn't any knowledge when it comes to supporting. This only happens when someone is working at customer support lol. Celeslord is a solo-quest now. Tiy will find 2 pillars near Tai Chi Shore. After you've taken the quest from the 2nd pillar a small Celeslord will appear. Kill it, check the pillar again and kill the 2nd Celeslord.
    Lu Fan is from the quest before Celeslord (in previous PWI versions he was in OHT). Once Lu Fan is back from wherever he has been people can find him near Cromagnon Village. After finishing that quest they can continue with the questline and eventually kill Celeslord. Another thing: for Celeslord you don't need to level to 103. Just tested it, free of charge lol.
    Have fun.
  • olympias
    olympias Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    sjampie wrote: »
    i also sent in a ticket and they told me to go here.my quest to kill celeslord disappeared and i got this instead?[/quote[
    To go here means there isn't any knowledge when it comes to supporting. This only happens when someone is working at customer support lol. Celeslord is a solo-quest now. Tiy will find 2 pillars near Tai Chi Shore. After you've taken the quest from the 2nd pillar a small Celeslord will appear. Kill it, check the pillar again and kill the 2nd Celeslord.
    Lu Fan is from the quest before Celeslord (in previous PWI versions he was in OHT). Once Lu Fan is back from wherever he has been people can find him near Cromagnon Village. After finishing that quest they can continue with the questline and eventually kill Celeslord. Another thing: for Celeslord you don't need to level to 103. Just tested it, free of charge lol.
    Have fun.

Is this portion you're describing after The looking for Lu Fan? I went to where you said and I see the 2 totems and headstone and Celeslord's spirit. He just hisses at me, anyway, I fully dropped the Culti about 2 weeks ago because I couldn't find Lu Fan and restarted it. I did it all over again. I noticed the storyline didn't go into OHT anymore, but I'm stuck looking for Lu Fan still!, that is what the quest still says to do and he is not to be found. I either have not progressed to the portion you're speaking of here Because of Lu Fan, or... I don't know, should I drop the whole thing yet again? Did you complete it or something during your free of charge testing. This is a bit frustrating because it completely blocks progression. However, thank you! for your input. It's become hard, very hard, to find/get information that helps in any sensical way for this game.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    And answer to "did you completed it": I killed Celeslord and his brother 2 times because I needed the fun lol. Kept 1 character, deleted the other one. Also leveled a cleric for the Lu Fan problem. Wasn't easy to kill the mobs near Avalanche Ridge (the mobs that where in OHT in the past) I did get the Lu Fan quest. But like I've wrote in a post (in Support Desk) he is missing. Obielle wrote about this in this thread (and I did it in Support Desk ealier) but hopefully you can continue your questline after a maintenance. Maybe the next one, maybe "we" need to wait for a few weeks. Personally I'm not planning to finish the culti line on the cleric.
  • tony444
    tony444 Posts: 24 Arc User
    So is there still no word on when we maybe seeing them fix this problem, I have a character I'm trying to finish culti so I can swap them over
  • rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    If I'm not mistaken, it will be another 6 years before we see Lu hopping around. Waiting to finish a cult is the only option but luckily we can do many other things in PWI for example try to sell unsaleable things to other players or as I just saw sell skillbooks that are no longer needed to activate for several million goldcoins. Even then we can wait longer. Maybe become a little more active for the faction? No, that's a waste of time.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    cryofsky wrote: »

This is really bad and very unprofessional for a game to have so many broken problems with Culti Quests that need to be finished and cannot do it and cannot grow your character. I have a demon sin and need to finish this culti and spend a lot of time - I did waist to look for this MISSING NPC Lu Fan that cannot be found NO WHERE!! Please make an effort to fix this problem because as it seems there is a lot of ppl who cannot play ..... or get better IT ppl who can do a proper work on this hectic PWI BUGS who rule in game.

After 12 year of playing this game, there was 0 Update or content release that work properly. So it's no improvement, has long has cser charge they don't really care.
  • dseamon17
    dseamon17 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Trying to get my BM's culti done and I can't find the NPC and I send a ticket in to come see this post.. I honestly do not understand how something as important as the culti quest be messed up and STILL not fixed. This is actually troubling cause I can't get skills from Western Steppes for my character. Disappointing if we can't get this fixed by next week.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Not nearly as frustrated as Im feeling now about this.

I have some more items to update today to Ill chase this again today.

Thanks.​​
  • tony444
    Thanks heero, I would just really like to get culti done, I have been waiting quite awhile
  • ostria#5333
    ostria#5333 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ggggrrrrrrr!
  • tony444
    So just wondering if we are looking at a fix this maintenance
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    tony444 wrote: »
    So just wondering if we are looking at a fix this maintenance

Probably in three months like the rest of pwi "fixes" :)
  • tony444
    HE IS BACK!!!!!!!!
  • olympias
    olympias Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yes he is THANK you!! :) so so so so much <3
  • obielle
    Awesome - can see him chilling in Cromagnon too. Looks like he doesn't move around though? Kinda weird but good enough.

If Lu Fan ever disappears again, please let us know.