NEW UPDATE HYPE

cosmosia1989
cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
FINALLY!!! GOD DAMN FINALLY!!!

XServer PvP content for all server.
Equal gear (Battle of Survival Style) 3v3!!!!! - God damn the dream came true, get ready to be destroyed suckers (but I bet I wont see alot of you there at all :( )

New dailies, Sky level, passives and a massive focus on PvP..finally a reason to login again.

See you ingame and to everyone looking forward to 3v3...90% of the current 3v3 meta teams are garbage and I expect them to remain in the lower 1400 score range, however, all those undergeared but very decent people that can finally shine: I am looking forward to your challange and hope we can all grow from this! May the best team win <3

Comments

• fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    From what I understand from the news, there are 2 sides like horde and alliance in world of warcraft and you can PvP only the other side?
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Yay! Yet another event slammed in the middle of the day that American players can't attend because PWI shoved an entire server of players onto a Euro sever and then abandoned them! Awesome content!
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 64 Arc User
    I havent paid a look on that content yet. But so far i was looking at the pet adjustments. Ok so far i don't see boost for pets, who are unable to evolve. Rerolled stats and they became better instant. That is good news but i dont know what else has changed.
    And I see mystics raging or considering giving up their main. But well what else has happened to Pet, that only Legendary Pets get new Skin? I thought there was a pet rebirth system.
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    rip to my brother assassins... nerfed again... *ASSASSIN LIVES MATTER*
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 64 Arc User
    also at the new dailies, there you get a chinese letter or what it is. And you are supposed to put in a 4 number code. If its not numbers in that hint, then what else should you guess numbers?
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    rip to my brother assassins... nerfed again... *ASSASSIN LIVES MATTER*

How nerfed? I read it as a buff of 8%​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Equal gear (Battle of Survival Style) 3v3!!!!! - God damn the dream came true, get ready to be destroyed suckers (but I bet I wont see alot of you there at all :( )

New dailies, Sky level, passives and a massive focus on PvP..finally a reason to login again.

See you ingame and to everyone looking forward to 3v3...90% of the current 3v3 meta teams are garbage and I expect them to remain in the lower 1400 score range, however, all those undergeared but very decent people that can finally shine: I am looking forward to your challange and hope we can all grow from this! May the best team win <3

Don't wanna burst your bubble, and I'm not positive since I haven't really played since Battle of Survival came out, but aren't weapon/armor procs still active in Battle of Survival? Trying to fight people that got G17 procs coming out they bootyholes with crappy r9 gear isn't going to serve you any better. Not sure if people actually bothered farming G17 armor though, but just a G17r5 weapon is a massive gear difference.

Also if you're good at PvP and want to show that you are, you should probably not play a dead game with 1-dimensional mechanics, 300 average ping servers and a low skill ceiling. That's like trying to become a grandmaster at tic-tac-toe to prove your strategy game is on point. You'll find playing something more complex and competitive will be more satisfying to you. 3v3 Arena right now isn't about being the best team either, it's about being better than the other 4 teams that happen to queue up at that time a day.

• tek1nig
    dingo488 wrote: »

Don't wanna burst your bubble, and I'm not positive since I haven't really played since Battle of Survival came out, but aren't weapon/armor procs still active in Battle of Survival? Trying to fight people that got G17 procs coming out they bootyholes with crappy r9 gear isn't going to serve you any better.

They give you a new set of maxed out everything - including your own personal g17.5 with set proc​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Nope nope and more nope. More dailys, another damn boundary level, no real content. I was hoping to see something interesting for once but i'm tired of this rat race of dailys, spirit and passives. Time to hang up the axes. It was fun but not anymore.

New Boundary – Pious Sky

New powers unleashed from the Northern Realms have awakened our heroes to greater heights.

8. Passive Skills: The level cap of Ward of Bane and Cosmic Blessing is increased to LV10. Players can trade for the skillbooks from Royal Knight Hector in Neverfall in the Western Continent.

9. The upper limit to take the three Boundary daily quests "Flame of Vengeance", "Reborn in Fire", and "This War o' Mine" is changed to Royal Sky X.

It's just not fun anymore.

• datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User

Also if you're good at PvP and want to show that you are, you should probably not play a dead game with 1-dimensional mechanics, 300 average ping servers and a low skill ceiling. That's like trying to become a grandmaster at tic-tac-toe to prove your strategy game is on point. You'll find playing something more complex and competitive will be more satisfying to you. 3v3 Arena right now isn't about being the best team either, it's about being better than the other 4 teams that happen to queue up at that time a day.

If and when its standard gear on arena I imagine it`ll be quite active again. Wont change the fact this game hardly has ways to express player skill properly but its what it is. I would almost wager there will be teams from current top10 who will outrank Joe in standard gear arena. While its true gear plays way too large part in this game, the top teams are actually smart from what I`ve seen/heard, relative to games playerbase least. I`m confident you`ll have to have your own paramount to run with one, which is pretty significant advantage. Glyph procs might also be from your own glyph set and higher level glyphs would give advantage from that. Either way, this will be the best opportunity for ppl who wont aim for NP/S5/etc. gear to show they got it.

Ps. I hope the standard gear has been thought more than BoS was, devil stone seeker for example just hurts my head.
  • rokon#1106
    rokon#1106 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    No Hype Dawnglory doesn't get cross server in the new map again! Can we get the servers merged so we can have cross server? Or an option to move to a damn server that can actually benefit from the xserver pvp that the game offers. At this point the game is pointless to play on DA.
    Post edited by rokon#1106 on
  • musiclover#7955
    musiclover#7955 Posts: 23 Arc User

Not sure if people actually bothered farming G17 armor though,

a handful ppl will make there G17.3 gear full i am very sure we will see the next person/s very soon ... overall i expect on DA around max 50ppl to have it not more

but just a G17r5 weapon is a massive gear difference.

hmmm as a G17.4 wep holder whitout finish overall gear and low glyphs level 5 i can say yes and no on the same way against ppl whit no NP set and not super giga much hp build yes you can win against it super easy but NP set ppl deam no way at all not even when i am done whit full morai set all on RB2 NP set i even whit base str. a super big changer

No Hype Dawnglory doesn't get cross server in the new map again! Can we get the servers merged so we can have cross server? Or an option to move to a damn server that can actually benefit from the xserver pvp that the game offers. At this point the game is **** pointless to play on DA.

well i give you my point of view overall its a X-event and we have just 2 colors to choice so lets say red colors is infa blue is crisis and there you go and have your pvp event the other servers can also just pick this 2 colors so some will come to red some to blue ... or 3 server against ET-server ect. overall you have many ways to make this a big and playabel pvp X-event just the time difference will make a little cut to it at least from Monday - Friday but i expect it will we full as hell on the weekends ....

just my 2 silver coins :#

• tek1nig
    No Hype Dawnglory doesn't get cross server in the new map again! Can we get the servers merged so we can have cross server? Or an option to move to a damn server that can actually benefit from the xserver pvp that the game offers. At this point the game is **** pointless to play on DA.
    '

I didn't even finish updating yet and you just killed any reason I had to update, Did you just say DA - AGAIN - NO FKING - CROSS SERVER? ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Not sure if people actually bothered farming G17 armor though,

a handful ppl will make there G17.3 gear full i am very sure we will see the next person/s very soon ... overall i expect on DA around max 50ppl to have it not more

but just a G17r5 weapon is a massive gear difference.

hmmm as a G17.4 wep holder whitout finish overall gear and low glyphs level 5 i can say yes and no on the same way against ppl whit no NP set and not super giga much hp build yes you can win against it super easy but NP set ppl deam no way at all not even when i am done whit full morai set all on RB2 NP set i even whit base str. a super big changer

well i give you my point of view overall its a X-event and we have just 2 colors to choice so lets say red colors is infa blue is crisis and there you go and have your pvp event the other servers can also just pick this 2 colors so some will come to red some to blue ... or 3 server against ET-server ect. overall you have many ways to make this a big and playabel pvp X-event just the time difference will make a little cut to it at least from Monday - Friday but i expect it will we full as hell on the weekends ....

just my 2 silver coins :#

That was the dumbest thing to argue that crisis can just pvp infamous. We want to pvp other servers with other players who actually come to pvp and give a challenge. But guess what pwe can't figure out how to get an event working across all timezones at the same time, so DA is stuck with nothing again. The whole point of the x-server tundra battles is to face other servers and have constant activity. Our new map is literally dead ulfgard had pvp on other servers Dawnglory had dead wilderness nothing.

and if you can't understand, there is no other server connected to DA so no we can't make some big pvp event.
  • dingo488
    edited June 2020
    datsang wrote: »
    I would almost wager there will be teams from current top10 who will outrank Joe in standard gear arena.

lmao, that comment took me a few years back, dont you discredit his legendary MLG status. fr tho I thought we'd already established years ago that Joe was always just average and gassed himself up too much. Still got that in my thumbnail, what a disappointment he was after all his talk.

But if they really do have equal gear it could be pretty fun, easy access to tech/edgerunner which are both busted as, might be worth having a look if there's still any fun ppl to play against.
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • datsang
    edited June 2020
    I would almost wager there will be teams from current top10 who will outrank Joe in standard gear arena.

lmao, that comment took me a few years back, dont you discredit his legendary MLG status. fr tho I thought we'd already established years ago that Joe was always just average and gassed himself up too much. Still got that in my thumbnail, what a disappointment he was after all his talk.

But if they really do have equal gear it could be pretty fun, easy access to tech/edgerunner which are both busted as, might be worth having a look if there's still any fun ppl to play against.

Only thing that seems to matter is passives so its not like you can just get toon in and fight with ppl on even footing. Levels also play a role but meh. It was definitely entertaining.
  • cosmosia1989

They do have equal gear and PWI is not that much about reactional skill. Just like any Online game, even CoD and MOBAs...you dont only need physical skill to be able to react to something fast, the most important skill is knowledge. You need to know everything there is so that you can prepare as good as possible for every situation. Now in PWI you almost need no timing or reactional skill but if you don't have knowledge you just get ragdolled. It's also about being able to anticipate the enemies next move, esp with all the saves every class has + pot + genie and now even procs, etc... (thankfully only untarget in arena now) and play accordingly.

Currently I suck, I even lost a 1v1 vs a psy yday in personal Queue. Yes, I got bypassed by a random ZC, but knowledge yet again broke my back cause it was the first fight. I didnt know that casters PDEF is exceptionally low in there as I was used to using magic stances on my edge to bypass phys immune and stuff and still deal decent damage usually, not this time tho since I was hitting for nothing. In other fights I used physical stance and dealt bonkers damage. I also didnt really play PWI at all for quite some time, focusing more on BDO lately but this goes to show that yet again, knowledge is key. Hence I will most certainly not win anything in this new arena format, I need to adapt and learn just as anyone else does. Knowing what to do and when to do it is the key to victory in PWI, add a little "I know what the enemy can do" and you are golden.

This new format is finally the chance for me to improve and learn new things as well..because vs overgeared nublets..that hardly ever happens..how could it? Now tho. Now. I do wish that there will be several squads ahead of us so that I have something to work towards. Not with gear but with brains.

PS: DA being stuck for themselves like in Ulfgard yet again in the northern realms is just HYPER BS. IDGAF if they put all of NR into an NA server and I am stuck with 700+ Ping, really idc. It's better than no PvP at all and hyper imbalance as it is on DA.
  • datsang
    PS: DA being stuck for themselves like in Ulfgard yet again in the northern realms is just HYPER BS. IDGAF if they put all of NR into an NA server and I am stuck with 700+ Ping, really idc. It's better than no PvP at all and hyper imbalance as it is on DA.

The reason for that decision is obviously time zones. The northern realm events are time sensitive and as such you would be PvPing at pretty damn late hours for you if this was the case. And while you might find it appealing, pretty sure there would be more QQ bout it being NA time zone if it was than there currently is.
  • cosmosia1989

The reason for that decision is obviously time zones. The northern realm events are time sensitive and as such you would be PvPing at pretty damn late hours for you if this was the case. And while you might find it appealing, pretty sure there would be more QQ bout it being NA time zone if it was than there currently is.

East coast is a good compromise tho, meet in the middle just like with the arena. I personally dont care whichever time it is, due to my work I will not be able to participate in those events anyways for the most part, no matter at which time they are but I care about the PvP more than the stupid events themselves. I wanna login and be able to fight everyone whenever I want and can, idgaf about events and people cry either way. Better to at least have the mechanics work the way they are supposed to.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    3v3 personal que was active pretty much all of yesterday

gear sets are standard for everyone....
    wiz are insta cast on demon quaff
    Sins can aps or dph
    Unsure about the rest
    Edge is 100% crit with self buff and demon spark (free 25-35% hfs depending on edge glyph lvl)

Only thing that makes any difference are passives, lvls and glyphs it’s extremely noticeable once you fight on a unmaxed passive toon vs a maxed passive toon...

SBs casually tick seekers for 98k on 5 stack ulti and movement debuff.. this is more unbalanced than ever
    Sbs also have guaranteed crits on monsoon and deafening thunder meaning any zerk from sb (since everyone is devil shards = gg)

However, I can see the reason Joe is hyping it up as he thinks that he’ll “outshine the rest” in the end it’s whoever has the more broken toons (sb, edge and sin) <— prolly the most broken squad comp sb + edge = insta bypass anyone as long as the sb runs glyphd mdef break moving while casting and air glitch lol bye bye anyone.... sins buffed elimination allows sins to casually hit for 20k non zerk on any AA class on the newly buffed 5 charge elimination (aa classes cap at 36k hp non buffed) so any zerk crit from the sin = gg any aa class mix in a edgerunner 70% pdef break with it haha gl living that

Barb may stand a chance to counter the whole team with aoe taunt and invoke so we shall see where this goes...

Side notes: arena scores haven’t reset TW maps haven’t reset xTW hasn’t reset so idk what the point of 3v3 etc would even be besides just for cape/ring farming

But you do u

• dingo488
    edited June 2020
    Lmao fkn passives... Spend an entire year on dailies to get a character ready to arena, hmmz :|
    Not to mention Lv. 8 glyphs are incredibly OP and incredibly expensive and can't be traded.
    Defo sounds like too much work for crappy PvP that'll only be active for 2 weeks at most.
    Now if they disabled 3v3 and had a ladder 100% based on 6v6 solo queue that'd be pretty hype, but premade 3v3 is pretty boring.
  • cosmosia1989
    edited June 2020
    Well the PvP at least cant be crappier than overgeared nubs dominating anything for gear. You guys massively underestimate what a smart playstyle can make in terms of a massive difference. Any class is strong in there if played right. Its not just a few of them. Edge also isnt even that powerful but I will show that soon enough. People need to learn what each class can do and prepare accordingly.

I am hyped for this because it is finally equal gears. Sure, passives and Glyph levels matter...but that is hardly a difference when you are used to fighting 2+x G17.5 glowing cards ppl with just 2/2/2 set and r9 weapon. From my PoV, even if you just have lv5 glyphs, makes no difference. Nothing you can't make up with skill and knowledge. People should be happy as venos HP is too low now to do a decent chi combo, that one thing anyone complained about. It will be much more active overall because anyone now has a chance to stand on top and not just those that swiped for 100k+$.

It's so weird that people start complaining about things once they got more balanced, just because they are not 100% balanced. That is impossible. Before we had the same god damn imbalances on top of gear being all over the place, now the gear factor is removed and all of a sudden its worse than before? What. The. Eff. I do believe however that those overgeared ppl will now either quit or not participate at all. They have no experience in being that "squishy" or having that "low damage" on people and thus will get completely annihilated. As they should. OR they start actually learning how to play :)

also PS: Since I have all classes. Just name a class that you think is soooo shafted in this after its been going for a while. I play it and show you guys that you are wrong. Also, Wizard is now the top caster in Arena, not SBs. Wizard is god status now if played right. You'll see :) Also, Faith is useless in this meta, Oxygen Bubble, Heart of Steel an absolute must have and maybe even SoF and Nullify as well. You should all already know why. If you fight me and anyone of you uses faith, consider yourself dead :P
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    So, this is the state of DG:

Can't attend a single event because of time zone differences.
    Can't farm keys to enter HH because of the time zone differences.
    There is no open map PVP.
    There is no x-server daily.
    There is no TW.
    There is no xTW.
    There is no 6v6.
    Gear is standardized in 3v3.

PWI has effectively removed every avenue to get gear.
    PWI has removed it ANY possible reason to get or improve gear.

The game has been reduced to collecting shinies to afk in or in some remote hope of some future war.
  • cosmosia1989
    edited June 2020
    happyhail wrote: »

There is no TW.
    There is no xTW.
    There is no 6v6.

The game has been reduced to collecting shinies to afk in or in some remote hope of some future war.

Well on a positive note tho...at least you do not have to do 142342 dailies now. It's ok. The one thing that sucks is that Magnier Q is limited to Royal Sky only...aka you are forced to do an otherwise pointlessly long instance just to get your pots...that is hyper garbage. Being forced to find a full 10-man squad that is not full of bonobos these days is hard af, esp if you dont have regular gaming hours.

Yes, not having true X-Server NR is annoying as hell, esp for Dawnglory because cowards are cowards but at least the rewards you can get in there are not that significant and are not applied in the standardized 3v3 anyways, so idgaf about it. The standardized 3v3 however...that is the ONE reason to play. No one needs gear anymore. You just level your sky level, get your passives done, full lv5 glyphs and boom, you can compete with anyone in there and in NR too (since the gear pack you can buy for 20k GBT is equal to the arena gear...but only lasts an hour roflmao). As long as NR is not XServer tho..since TW, xTW, xNW have been dead for ages and were just a shetshow...there is no reason to gear up at all and that is a great thing imho!

I am enjoying the content that requires the most skill on equal grounds which is the new Arena and idgaf about anything else. I have already seen some unknown but very promising players in there so the real game can finally begin. I will not miss those players that can purely flex with their E-Peen, they can vanish and if the game dies in a few months because of it, even better, because then I can work to get to the very top and no one will ever be able to contest it ever again :) Perfection!

As for the ppl crying about having spend sooo much money to compete and get an advantage in 3v3: I told you so. I told you from the very beginning. You can go ahead and cry in your corners if you want. You deserve it. After that, suck it up, Learn to play and give me a challange. Thanks!
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Update is fine. Everyone can now participate to 3v3 and compete atleast in that event.

Delusional:
    - TW/XTW are not reset
    - New map is bugged same as Ulfgard, is not cross server.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • zoey4u12
    zoey4u12 Posts: 23 Arc User
    I wish pwi would just delete the 'Mystic' class. That would be much more humane than to let the few players who still play this unpopular class believe that the 'next update' will finally do something better for this class. This update was the last facekick.
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    The Northern Area events and dailies are the only way to get soul split pancrea to lvl up the new cosmos conduit ****. 500 GBT for 1 pancea for a chance. New area is needed if you ever want to level that up.
    happyhail wrote: »

There is no TW.
    There is no xTW.
    There is no 6v6.

Well on a positive note tho...at least you do not have to do 142342 dailies now. It's ok. The one thing that sucks is that Magnier Q is limited to Royal Sky only...aka you are forced to do an otherwise pointlessly long instance just to get your pots...that is hyper garbage. Being forced to find a full 10-man squad that is not full of bonobos these days is hard af, esp if you dont have regular gaming hours.

Yes, not having true X-Server NR is annoying as hell, esp for Dawnglory because cowards are cowards but at least the rewards you can get in there are not that significant and are not applied in the standardized 3v3 anyways, so idgaf about it. The standardized 3v3 however...that is the ONE reason to play. No one needs gear anymore. You just level your sky level, get your passives done, full lv5 glyphs and boom, you can compete with anyone in there and in NR too (since the gear pack you can buy for 20k GBT is equal to the arena gear...but only lasts an hour roflmao). As long as NR is not XServer tho..since TW, xTW, xNW have been dead for ages and were just a shetshow...there is no reason to gear up at all and that is a great thing imho!

I am enjoying the content that requires the most skill on equal grounds which is the new Arena and idgaf about anything else. I have already seen some unknown but very promising players in there so the real game can finally begin. I will not miss those players that can purely flex with their E-Peen, they can vanish and if the game dies in a few months because of it, even better, because then I can work to get to the very top and no one will ever be able to contest it ever again :) Perfection!

As for the ppl crying about having spend sooo much money to compete and get an advantage in 3v3: I told you so. I told you from the very beginning. You can go ahead and cry in your corners if you want. You deserve it. After that, suck it up, Learn to play and give me a challange. Thanks!

• shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    The new arena feels great,i could test most of my toons, unfortunately its not 100% balanced but this game never will be sadly, its kinda sad that you need to level passives and glyphs, i guess as well leveling that alt to 105 to use a paramount but that's not really necessary in some classes. the queue should be pretty alive next months but as usual will die out or not, time will tell.

Now like happyhail mentioned before, what reason does people have to gear up now, there's literally 0 sense to keep gearing yourself when you can make a g15 alt with passives and glyphs and compete at equal ground to everyone (kinda equal since some people will have lvl 8+ glyphs), people who enjoy pvp will make alts and compete every weekend for hours on this 3v3 now which is great tbh. there's literally no more reason to log in this game aside from 3v3 on weekends now, why would i bother to do all the grinding on gear, c packs, shards,farming when i can simple fight with alts everyone and have a lot of fun with barely any effort, it feels just like moba when you need to get the required lvl to go into rankeds matchs.

But the Truth is that most people will simple stoping doing 3v3 because either, they simple don't wanna queue for 2 years to get a r5 gear from arena since 6v6 farmers are out of business for good, or arena will find a lot of underdog people that been thriving for competetion for years and its finally here and its gonna be great, or the game will die out cus people will stop cashing, i mean for real, why would you keep cashing right now if you can't use any of that gear.

like the moderator said, its impossible for us to have a full cross server 24/7 working, now that's just made me wanted to quit cus i still had hope they would fix but i guess its not gonna happen, and to finish with a godlike blow, all factions decided to join a single alliance on NR, literally only the mobs can kill you there, PWCN devs would cry if they logged to see wtf this game has become.