Ulfgard

Options
oldphart55
oldphart55 Posts: 130 Arc User
Can Blue Named Toons be attacked & killed in ulfgard never been attacked before doing the quest's in there

Comments

• lorddragonoid#1956
    lorddragonoid#1956 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Blue names cannot be attacked in general but I heard of rumors that can be ha.cked during certain dungeon activities. Ultimately carry teleport stone and one of those guardian scrolls that doesn't let you drop anything if killed then teleport out when you are done with your bargain
  • oldphart55
    Options
    well looks like the person may have **** because i'm blue named & was on my way to do the water quest when as i got to npc was attacked & killed by RuleUrWorld from TW i wasnt even buffed i'm from Etherblade main is 105 kitty was taken by surprise yet it still took him 3 shots to kill me unbuffed
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    oldphart55 wrote: »
    Can Blue Named Toons be attacked & killed in ulfgard never been attacked before doing the quest's in there

Yes Ulfgard is an open PVP X Server Map. You can be attacked in blue name.

Thanks.​​
  • oldphart55
    Options
    Ok sounds a bit unfair though for ppl who don't pvp U just want to gear up a little better
  • mobgobblers
    mobgobblers Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options
    if they repeat kill you ( ie quest block) you can report them and they get banned
  • heerohex#3018
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Ok sounds a bit unfair though for ppl who don't pvp U just want to gear up a little better

I will add PK protections are active in this area also, I would advise reading the info from the Sword for this.

Tho I semi agree with you PK in that map is not always active, and I do get the feeling it will be expanded at some point.

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

I will add THEIR are PK protections active in this area also, I would advise reading the info from the Sword for this.

Tho I semi agree with you THEIR is not always PK in that map, and I do get the feeling it will be expanded at some point.

Thanks.​​

who are them? :wink:
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    lorddragonoid#1956 Posts: 62 Arc User
    Options
    That exploit sounds nasty.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    That exploit sounds nasty.

Not an exploit. It is a game mechanic.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    The GMs will MAYBE only do a 3 day ban to very few people who repeatedly do this, some ppl on DA have been banned over 3 times for this and it continues. At this point I’m sure they are kind of looking at Ulfgard as a grey area since the devs never took into account their version is 100% pvp while this one is optional. The best advice anyone can give you is either try doing it at a time barely anyone online which ofc is infuriating for a game I know. The other travel in packs, some quest blockers themselves travel in groups of 10-15 ppl, so ppl can’t get them back. Cheers
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • sobat
    sobat Posts: 26 Arc User
    Options
    It su cks when u reroll 4x the bear till u got the red one (=4mil coins) and then they gone kill ur bear a couple of times till it has 1 stat left, bye bye coins and bye bye stats on the bear if u can revive it.
  • fateblade
    fateblade Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    Why all 4 servers cannot enter to same Ulfgard? Would be more filled map...
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    fateblade wrote: »

some users cant even handle their own server alone, if they somehow manage to squeeze everyone into the same cross-server map, the support will have to close :D
  • alphadevil1991
    Options
    sobat wrote: »
    It su cks when u reroll 4x the bear till u got the red one (=4mil coins) and then they gone kill ur bear a couple of times till it has 1 stat left, bye bye coins and bye bye stats on the bear if u can revive it.

if they let you, while some dumps just block you off the 5 min from diggin until the bear completely expires.
    fateblade wrote: »

timezones. only etherblade and twilight temple are on same ulfgard map since they are same timezone (westcoast), so dawnglory (EU) and tideswell (eastcoast) are on their own.
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    At the moment its not possible to have a multy X server Map.

The system can only handle servers that are in the same data center. Simply put AT the moment it does not have the code to allow it to work. However.... I think your have to wait to see what the future brings...

Thanks.​​
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Options
    PW create a PVE game, then Open a PVP servers, then force player in a PVE environment only to later reopen a PVP map only where blue name can be pked also ! LOL make up your mind !
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Well, here is something new :

One of our BLUE-named faction members goes into ulfgard and gets killed by a player who is NOT visible on the map, who is NOT visible in the "nearby players" list, and who is NOT a sin.

Now explain to me :

1. how can a player kill another without being in stealth, and not show up in the nearby players list, nor being visible anywhere in ulfgard ?
    2. when a ticket is sent in, all the GM in question does is consider the matter as resolved and closed without ANY explanation.
    3. ALL the tickets sent in to that GM about a certain player or certain players are automatically "closed".

I know for a fact that management is already investigating certain practices, but this last 'glitch' is way over the top. Explain to me Heero why this kind of behavior is still tolerated when it's ovbious to a lot of ppl that a certain GM is in someones pocket so to speak. When will this end ?

"... I think your have to wait to see what the future brings..."

Honestly ? More players leaving.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited February 2020
    Options
    brantanor wrote: »

One of our BLUE-named faction members goes into ulfgard and gets killed by a player who is NOT visible on the map, who is NOT visible in the "nearby players" list, and who is NOT a sin.

Now explain to me :

1. how can a player kill another without being in stealth, and not show up in the nearby players list, nor being visible anywhere in ulfgard ?
    2. when a ticket is sent in, all the GM in question does is consider the matter as resolved and closed without ANY explanation.
    3. ALL the tickets sent in to that GM about a certain player or certain players are automatically "closed".

I know for a fact that management is already investigating certain practices, but this last 'glitch' is way over the top. Explain to me Heero why this kind of behavior is still tolerated when it's ovbious to a lot of ppl that a certain GM is in someones pocket so to speak. When will this end ?

This is something I have no control over. Im only a Player Community Mod trying to do my best for the community. I can chase things that are an issue to a point but im very limited to what I can do or have any feedback on.

I will say this - is it possible at all that one of the new G17 skills is at work here? Really this is the only thing that comes to my mind as possible. Or yes a glitch or something. Only thing you can do is keep reporting. The logs can be checked to see if their was something or someone so this will hopefully be looked at.

I hope that no GM is aligning them self with a player in a way which is below board. This has happened in the past and their where actions taken. We really could use a Community Manager. PWE seams content on things which is really a sad thing and yes I do see the results.

One other note please remember the issues in China at the moment. This is having an effect on the Devs and support like that will be needed in this case is limited.

I will do what I can to limit the results, But that has to sit within my limits.

Thanks.​​
  • blxcxkbro#1860
    blxcxkbro#1860 Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    if they are blue names then they cant
  • skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    brantanor wrote: »

Now explain to me :

This is something I have no control over. Im only a Player Community Mod trying to do my best for the community. I can chase things that are an issue to a point but im very limited to what I can do or have any feedback on.

I will say this - is it possible at all that one of the new G17 skills is at work here? Really this is the only thing that comes to my mind as possible. Or yes a glitch or something. Only thing you can do is keep reporting. The logs can be checked to see if their was something or someone so this will hopefully be looked at.

I hope that no GM is aligning them self with a player in a way which is below board. This has happened in the past and their where actions taken. We really could use a Community Manager. PWE seams content on things which is really a sad thing and yes I do see the results.

One other note please remember the issues in China at the moment. This is having an effect on the Devs and support like that will be needed in this case is limited.

I will do what I can to limit the results, But that has to sit within my limits.

Thanks.​​

There is a skill for g17 pants. With a green Moonlight Crystal, you get the skill Opportunistic Wait.
    Enters Stealth state
    Cooldown for 5 mins. Available when out of combat.
    Leaves stealth upon moving or engaging in combat.
  • vaudagusvladin
    vaudagusvladin Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    Killing or even attacking blue names that can't fight back is despicable. Up to server to address the issue imo. Constantly kos those that do, and do not invite them to any squads. Ulfgard run should take 3-5 mins with holy path and such, some cler kept sleeping and sealing me the entire run took at least 15 mins, blue named, how op >.<
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    Options
    There is a skill for g17 pants. With a green Moonlight Crystal, you get the skill Opportunistic Wait.
    Enters Stealth state
    Cooldown for 5 mins. Available when out of combat.
    Leaves stealth upon moving or engaging in combat.

I'm 100% sure that the player that killed doesn't have G17 pants, only R9.

That being said, even in instances blue named players can be (and will be) killed by white named players. That is because in china they do not have non-Pk servers and you can be pk'd in any instance like FSD/J/IU/DH/UCH. and since our version takes over the coding from china, any player over here can be killed (even in non pk mode) by anyone in PK-mode.

So be careful whom you invite to your squad, you might end up dead at the end of your run before even taking your reward. My advice is NOT to take any white named players you do not know or of which you know that they will pk ppl regardless, into your runs. It's already obvious on our server who they are, and they're alread having a harder time getting into random squads. Eventually they will not be invited at all anymore.

For all those things to be addressed and fixed, management over here needs approval from China. So don't get your hopes up.
  • alphadevil1991
    Options
    Killing or even attacking blue names that can't fight back is despicable.

if you dont fight back its your fault. not talking about wasting charm or going for kill but you can keep runing or cc others to escape.