test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PWI Wiki updates! (contributors needed!)

1235»

Comments

• obielleobielle Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited September 5
    Here's a small post to update on things. I've been seeing edits from quite a few people over the last month which is really awesome <3 Thank you so much to anyone who has been editing, even the smaller edits! It really saves a lot of time as it allows me to work on other things.

Here's a list of the last month's updates:
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
  • mysticalconumdrmmysticalconumdrm Posts: 62 Arc User
    SPAM.....SPAM.....SPAM........advertisement for other online games..!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not appropiate here
    edited September 26
    Yeah, the wiki will probably have ads for other online games on it from time to time. That's out of my control and out of PWE's control as well. Like many websites, Gamepedia (and Fandom) run ads on their websites to be able to continue running. You can easily block these ads though in a couple of ways:
    1. Use an adblocker - all ads except Gamepedia announcements/ads will be hidden.
    2. Make a Gamepedia account - most ads will be hidden to you. If you contribute to the wiki a bit, you'll get Gamepedia PRO which hides all ads for a minimum of 3 months.
  • mysticalconumdrmmysticalconumdrm Posts: 62 Arc User
    sorry about the spam thingy..
    wrong thread
    Well, another surprise content update has arrived! I thought I had prepared for it this time but it wasn't enough! This will be a pretty short update post to cover quick content update stuff and regular stuff I haven't updated on yet so I can go focus on updating the wiki. I'll make a longer update post when more progress has been made!

Content update information can be found on the PWI Wings of Rebirth page under the Content Update section. At the moment the section is empty as I'm waiting for the game to go up before I add the information. We also have a Wings of Rebirth Content Update Patch Notes page, but this is also empty for the moment. These pages will be populated in the next day or so, so check back then!

Content Update Stuff
    • Every page mentioning the word "coin" or "money" is getting a special "outdated due to currency changes" notice automatically put on it so I can check it, courtesy of my wiki bot (she's still working on it). That's over 900 pages eek. If you see the notice, it means the page MAY be outdated. This includes all quest pages, crafting pages, pet pages, etc. It's harder to see on mobile, but you'll definitely see this notice on your PC. These notices will be removed as I check and update each page.
    • The Currencies page has a basic description of gold coins and silver coins now. It doesn't have more information than what's on the news page and may be a little inaccurate. I'll make sure to update it a bit more once the game is up.

Regular Stuff
    First I wanted to thank everyone who helped out with the wiki in the last month or so! I was pretty slack during this time but I'll definitely have to pick up the pace now! Note that some pages below may be outdated due to the currency system update.

Here's all the stuff that got updated:
    • Mitapi has added a bunch of content for Technicians! The main page has been filled with content throughout. There's also new pages on Technician Builds and Technician Sage vs Demon! The Sage vs Demon page compares the sage and demon skills for the class and allows for a side-by-side comparison.
    • Asterelle has made a Moonlight Crystal page. This page goes over their mechanics, and includes a list of all skills you can get on your armor and their effects at each level. It's awesome to see a detailed page on these now since they're so hard to get.
    • An anonymous editor (Galefang?) added a bit of information about Lunar Glade's Trophy Mode. Thanks for that! The section had been pretty empty for a year or so and I didn't even realize it.
    • I have finally updated the Spiritual Cultivation page. All quests have been updated, and the quests before 89 sage/demon have been moved to the Sage and Demon Cultivation page (for now - they might not stay there). Each culti now has basic information about what is unlocked. Some also have some tips for leveling up or getting gear along the way. There's a couple things I still need to add in or edit, but the important stuff is done.
    • The Sage and Demon Cultivation page is being worked on as well. I've added/updated the quests before the level 89 cultivations and moved some quests around. The 89 sage/demon quests have also been updated, but that's about it. The format of the page is wonky for now since it's a mix of the old format and new one, plus I'm experimenting with some stuff.
    • I've also been working on replacing our bmp files with png or jpg ones. I usually am fine with bmp files, but unfortunately they aren't supported by the Media Viewer. Most of the images have been done already except for some UI images and scenic ones which I haven't gotten around to cropping and such yet.
    • Master Quests have been updated up until Expert (45000 Master Virtue). I'm a bit slow with getting points so most people are probably far ahead of me xD
  • hoshichanhoshichan Posts: 149 Arc User
    do you know if the glitched master quests (mount/flyer) have been fixed with todays expansion?
    edited October 23
    hoshichan wrote: »
    do you know if the glitched master quests (mount/flyer) have been fixed with todays expansion?

I'm not sure but I assume they will be fixed. I'm still patching at the moment but should be able to check once I'm done. I'll edit this post once I find out!

EDIT: I was able to check, and it looks like you will be able to get the flyers and mount now! They made the flyer token usable, and have changed the reward in the M/A system to a Snow Kirin Egg instead of the Mentor Legend Mount Egg. The Snow Kirin is a 12.0m/s mount.
    Post edited by obielle on
  • hoshichanhoshichan Posts: 149 Arc User
    awesome, thank you
  • hokker#1570 hokker Posts: 81 Arc User
    Hi, i read the DB description then I tested with my DB alt yesterday(however the passive skill is lv1)
    bgHktqt.png
    k9JAQMG.png

here the description in the pwpedia:
    Blood of the Nightshade: The damage reduction for all versions of the skill have been modified; the closer the enemy is, the more damage that is reduced.(verify)

edited October 26
    Thank you for testing the passive! I'm not so good with translating chinese to english and it looks like I got it the wrong way around. I'll update that info now to instead say "the further the enemy is, the more damage that is reduced" and that should hopefully be correct if my brain is working properly xD

EDIT: Ooooh I'm having faction members saying that it's meant to be the way it was originally described (the closer the enemy is, the more damage that is reduced) but it hasn't changed for some reason. Hmmmm I guess it's a bug then
    Post edited by obielle on
  • hokker#1570 hokker Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 27
    @obielle Right, I play in both pwbr and pwi, there was a long discussion about this skills for months in pwbr, my friend is the one who translate things from pwru and pwcn all alone, he said me this: the skill changed the scale of reduction, the scale of the reduction was concave now it's convex, so this means the skill works the same way, what changed was the way the damage is reduced, did you noticed in the pics that the damage was greatly decreased when the SB was in the maximum distance? before the update it didn't need to be so far away to get a great reduction, this is what changed(nerf)
    the reduction from 8 to 9 meters in % is lower than the reduction from 15 to 16 meters and therefore lower when compared to the reduction from 29 to 30 meters in% again.
    This is how it is now ↓
    DP4goyp.png
    This is how it was ↓
    Tg6PWaA.png

I would like to talk about another thing, PWpedia says soul shatter decreased critical rate and critical damage, however that skill didn't have critical damage, it's just damage and critical rate
    Post edited by hokker#1570 on
    I would like to talk about another thing, PWpedia says soul shatter decreased critical rate and critical damage, however that skill didn't have critical damage, it's just damage and critical rate

Yeah I saw you mentioned that in another thread. It's possible they've made a text error there so I'll check into that and correct it. Some of the skill translations have been a little sloppy and/or confusing so I've had to make adjustments here and there or just make guesses instead. Thanks for checking all of this stuff :)