New update on PWCN; New G17 armor

Options

Comments

• brandi#5080
    brandi#5080 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »
    The +30 attack level set bonus is for 4/5 set... +30 defense level is 5/5

I guess its 4/4 as you see on screenshots only 5/5 its last cast marked with 3 red stars like COM

the 4/4 only with attack on set its like R8R sets (4 pieces) , R8R2 (has helmet) 5/5

so the reson for the new book for stats could it be this, so you can upgrade 1 piece at time and keep your set of stats complete even if you dont have that piece anymore,​​
  • brandi#5080
    Options
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Moved them around, thanks.

Yeah, r8 3-star can be used to craft g17 stage 1 and r9 (probably chinese r9 only) can be used to craft g17 stage 3. Both paths should still require some TT mats.

Woooa thank you , since i dont have r9 yet i guess it is better to go for the r8 path it will be super cheaper than go for r9 path

...waiting on more info about mats need it boss etc etc tiger-4.giftiger-3.giftiger-1.gif​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    I think most people would still prefer the r9s3 set bonus compared to g17s3.
    Hopefully that's still an option, we don't know which set bonuses are enabled in that book...
    ​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @shopcheese Thank you for translating and posting these. As you already know I was too busy to do it myself.

The first post has been updated with the new information to make it easier for people.
  • brandi#5080
    Options
    I think most people would still prefer the r9s3 set bonus compared to g17s3.
    Hopefully that's still an option, we don't know which set bonuses are enabled in that book...

I just did the math and here are some results for BM r9r3 vs g17r3

g17_vs_r9r3.png

Yellow mark means (no difference) while Green means better

The BMR9R3 are base plus stats of APEX Helm

The G17 are last cast HA (plus a JADEN belt +12) the jaden its because you can use it since the new set its 5/5 not 6/6 as previous r9 sets

the HP and STR on the R9R3 has 2 values the first 1 is the MIN value you can get and the 2nd its the MAX

all this values are only the base stats

the new g17 will let you make OP combinations that previous sets didnt let you make, in this case the stats are BASE no refine only armor stats plus bonus; on the g17 side you can use a g17 JADEN belt +12 wich makes a nice difference, also another combinations are possible with the new g17 armor (full 5/5 g17 ) plus (belt and ring r9 china cast) and you will get nice DEF BOOST (20 DEF LVL EXTRA)

On this case i will go for g17 without doubt it​​
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    It's not really fair to calculate in Jaden bonus when attempting to compare the two sets side by side. You're also neglecting the innate p.def and damage gain from the strength bonus (light armor see evasion / crit / accuracy). From what I can tell at first glance, you're giving up massive amounts of damage with r9r3 in exchange for low-moderate gains in survivability (you should be capped out already as a BM anyway). I would have to draw up an actual table to know for certain.
  • banknoname
    banknoname Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    happyhail wrote: »
    It's not really fair to calculate in Jaden bonus when attempting to compare the two sets side by side. You're also neglecting the innate p.def and damage gain from the strength bonus (light armor see evasion / crit / accuracy). From what I can tell at first glance, you're giving up massive amounts of damage with r9r3 in exchange for low-moderate gains in survivability (you should be capped out already as a BM anyway). I would have to draw up an actual table to know for certain.

It is actually fair to use jaden as he is talking about replacing the r9r3 belt with the g17 belt made with a jaden crystal. Which there isn't much reason not to do when you are no longer worried about breaking the r9r3 set bonus.
  • bookkeeper#6784
    bookkeeper#6784 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    well basing on those stats. g17 full set will make you hit harder than you were normal r93rd. will prolly be x5 on normal hit. and x20 on crit. will also make you tankier by 25% (rough estimates)....add refines on tome... pretty much solidifies your damage and durability...making the gap even further.. try hards will need to purchase this to somehow have leverage... faster you get the set. the more easily pvp becomes.. well on np people only...if you are not np.. just buying this will not make you win againts np but you will prolly survive more atks on devil freak tryhards.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I made a mypers calculator earlier today with the G17.3 armor and refined/sharded it equally to my current armor. While my HP would increase significantly and gain good crit and defense, I would also lose a big amount of magic attack if I were to swap to it. However, if I can keep my current R9.3 bonus while using G17.3 armor then it would be an upgrade in both defense and attack, pretty much with only a 7% channel loss (in my case)

If they dont enable our r9.3 bonus set to be available with g17.3 I dont see people bothering with stage 3. The stage 1 could still be cool though for an alt if its not too hard to get.
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    160 strength accounts for around 10K damage and 4.5k p.def.

300 Physical Attack is around 1700 damage.

Please explain to me what I'm missing.
  • ravenyoss123
    ravenyoss123 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    So my question is......How hard is it to farm? We see all the excitement over what it is, but is it something that is gonna be able to get or like g17 weapons.
  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 95 Arc User
    Options
    Any word on what will be needed to make this Helmet for this set? Does it on require you to have the crown of madness to make it?
  • man321
    man321 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    Since not classes bound. can the gear be account slash?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Options
    man321 wrote: »
    Since not classes bound. can the gear be account slash?

Most likely not
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    Options
    those armors will more or less require the same mats as g173rd - 5th .
    g17 mats will go skyrocket when this update goes live...... ... hoard everything guys.. from little bloodstone shards ,, to skulls , draconic , profane woods and etc. better to buy them now when they are cheaper .... coz this update will have another drakeflame effect ... almost x3 prices.... coz people are trend crapper and don't want others to upgrade their stuff cheaper...gl to hoarders... lets begin hoarding..
  • asterelle
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Wow, just updated my PWCN client and found skills for a whole new class tiger-10.gif
    https://pastebin.com/raw/cKtw6Vef (EDIT.. new link)

That whole section is brand new. The class looks like it's based off of fire arms and setting traps.

Why did they add the skills before adding the class?
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Wow, just updated my PWCN client and found skills for a whole new class tiger-10.gif
    https://pastebin.com/raw/xEbLWXXg

That whole section is brand new. The class looks like it's based off of fire arms and setting traps.

Why did they add the skills before adding the class?
    ​​

May be they have a team working on classes n one on quests etc. Then putting it all together.

Kinda would explain a few things.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Just looking through the first few skills makes me really think that is a gunner class.
  • asterelle
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ohh... there are actually a few skills at the bottom for a 2nd class. Uses sword plus shield... Knight class? Paladin?​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Nice we need a shield user class
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Alright google translated it all the second class appears to be still in devolpment but the first one has glyph info on skills sage/demon versions etc
    https://pastebin.com/vvStn0bq
    Post edited by nunuator on
  • eranp
    eranp Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Options
    mini_180821070939827383.jpg

mini_180821070939987635.jpg

I heard it could be these class, hope it will be >:)
  • asterelle
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't think those are it... google image search shows that art is from February. I think they are for that "PW2" version of the game or something.

Some of the skills on the Paladin class mention feathers so I'm guessing it's a HA elf and the gunner is a LA human. That would explain why they're both physical.

EDIT: I think I'll make a new thread for these since it will be in a different update.
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    I once wondered if they would ever add new classes to existing races. That would be really nice. A human Gunner and a Winged Elf Paladin certainly sounds fitting. That might explain why they haven’t added new classes or a new race before adding data for new class skills.

I wonder what the Untamed class would be; most likely a Light Armor to complete the trio. Whatever it is, I hope it has animal tails.

And please don’t distribute those images above. They are images taken or stolen from other artists and editted to make them look like PW art. You can find the original works if you search on Google for a bit.
  • asterelle
    Options
    I made a new thread for the classes since they are going to be in a different update than this armor stuff and so people can find it more easily: https://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1209308/2-new-classes-coming-to-pwcn-gunner-and-paladin#latest​​
  • asterelle
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I updated my PWCN and the forges for the armor are all near the g17 weapon forges.

For all this stuff remember gear with Green background is G17s1, Yellow background G17s2 and Red background G17s3

Forge1 for forging G17s1 from mats.. blue green and gold mats.
    4ZlxdRg.gif

Forge 2 for forging G17s2 from G17s1 and G17s3 from G17s2
    HZC9bU7.gif

Forge 3 for forging G17s1 from R8s3 and G17s3 from R9s4
    The mat costs seem to be the same from the 2nd forge so R9s4 is basically equivalent as a mat to G17s2.
    cY3F0Aw.gif

They added like 20 new kinds of mats .... how the hell are we going to store all this ****?
    At least they all seem to be tradeable...

Some Transmuting options
    Pt4mza1.gif

Here's the book where you record the armor.
    There are only entries for R9s1 R9s2 R9s4 R8s2 R8s3 G17s1 G17s2 and G17s3
    Hopefully we'll get R9s3 when it comes here.
    8G47SQE.gif
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    Wait a sec. Like they are filling in to have 3 of each race. That's actually a smart move. Then will probably be just ha and la classes. Which doesn't lead to much diversity.

Still looking forward to it though.
  • marcj17
    marcj17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Summarizing everithing , the new update , all new things .. only the most rich , the most stronger and full r9 rrrrr .. full lvl 105 or + .. in all servers will can get all new things , the others will not , as all in PW .. they always make things to few peoples, not to all , as usual things will be unfair ...lol
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    @marcj17 No, you then actually have the chance to fully farm the new gear from scratch and don't even need r9. That's actually pretty good :D
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @marcj17 No, you then actually have the chance to fully farm the new gear from scratch and don't even need r9. That's actually pretty good :D

good joke man.