edited August 2018 in General Discussion
PWCN Expansion released on August 21st.

PWCN News 1
PWCN News 2
PWCN News 3
PWCN News 4
PWCN News 5

Expansion Content:
1. A new chapter will be added to Twilight Temple. Just like how we had TT1-2, TT2-3 etc. now we will have a 4th level.

2. As a result of this addition, TT3-X itself has had a texture and graphic update. It is unknown if the other chapters have had their textures updated, too.

3. In there you can farm the new G17 armor.

4. There is a new feature that allows you to pick and use the set bonus of armor you previously owned/equipped. It seems you can use the set bonuses even if you have destroyed your old gear.

5. It is not known if it records all gear you’ve ever used or just the gear you owned at the time of unlocking this new feature. So far the list seems to only contain Rank 8 (and recasts), Rank 9 (and recasts) and G17 set bonuses.

6. You have to unlock this feature manually, through an item from the Boutique or through farming it in the new TT chapter. Activation is a one-time deal and you will retain the feature forever after you activate it.

New G17 Armor:
1. The G17 requires level 105.

2. The armor has 5 pieces: top, pants, wrists, boots and helmet.

3. The armor has 3 stages. You can use R8r3 (Quicksand Maze upgrade) to craft G17 stage 1. You can use R9r4 (Chinese R9r3) to craft G17 stage 3. (We will probably get a PWI R9r3 upgrade path, but that will come later like how we got Arigora upgrades to our PWI-only NW rings)

4. Bosses in TT drop materials. There are rare materials and common materials, some of the common materials can be found in chests too. They are all tradeable.

5. The armor is not class restricted, but the type of armor is restricted to the type of your class. Example: Arcane classes can only wear the arcane armor.

Armor Stats:
Courtesy of @shopcheese

Arcane Armor

Picture of Arcane Armor
+20 Vitality
+5% HP
+250 HP
+5 DefLv
+3% Crit

Pants
+20 Magic
+400 Physical Defense
+250 HP
+3% Crit
+150 Magic Attk

Wrist
+20 Magic
+400 Physical Defense
+250 HP
+3% Crit
+150 Magic Attk

Boots
+20 Vitality
+250 HP
-5% Channelling
+5 Attk Lv
+0.4 Movement speed

Helmet
+250 Pdef
+450 Mdef
+8 Attklv
+8 Deflv
+2% Crit

Set Bonus
+1900 HP
-6% Channelling
+30 AttkLv
+30 DefLv

Light Armor
Picture of Light Armor
+20 Vitality
+5% HP
+250 HP
+5 DefLv
+3% Crit

Pants
+20 Dex
+400 Magic Defense
+250 HP
+3% Crit
+150 Physical Attk

Wrist
+20 Dex
+400 Magic Defense
+250 HP
+3% Crit
+150 Physical Attk

Boots
+20 Vitality
+250 HP
-0.05 Interval
+5 Attk Lv
+0.4 Movement speed

Helmet
+300 Pdef
+300 Mdef
+8 Attklv
+8 Deflv
+2% Crit

Set Bonus
+2000 HP
-0.05 Interval
+30 AttkLv
+30 DefLvt

Heavy Armor
Picture of Heavy Armor
+20 Vitality
+5% HP
+300 HP
+5 DefLv
+3% Crit

Pants
+20 Strength
+400 Magic Defense
+300 HP
+3% Crit
+150 Physical Attk

Wrist
+20 Strength
+400 Magic Defense
+300 HP
+3% Crit
+150 Physical Attk

Boots
+20 Vitality
+300 HP
-0.05 Interval
+5 Attk Lv
+0.4 Movement speed

Helmet
+450 Pdef
+250 Mdef
+8 Attklv
+8 Deflv
+2% Crit

Set Bonus
+2400 HP
+5% Crit
+30 AttkLv
+30 DefLv

The base stats for physical and magical defences (and probably also refines) are overall higher than R9r3 armor.

-The Arcane Armor helmet has +700 HP and +1500 MP base and requires 57 strength.
-Light Armor helmet has +700 HP and +700 MP and requires 109 strength.
-Heavy armor helmet has +1250 HP and +700 MP
(Crown of Apex has +600 HP /+600 MP base)

Theres no stage 1 and 2 helmet. You can make one from scratch or upgrading it from R8, Crown of Apex etc.

Please keep in mind these are translated with Google and interpreted by me or other players in the comments. There may be mistakes.
​​
Post edited by catgirldesu on

Comments

• ranzon22
    ranzon22 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Oh myyy this is great
    I wish the upgraded armor is G17, and don't be too expensive to upgrade (will probably be)
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    My interpretation about the armor thing is that there is a "book" similar to the war avatar book where armor pieces are recorded that you have equipped in the past. You can activate whichever set bonuses you want from there. The intention would be that you can upgrade armor one at a time without breaking the set.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I think totally new armor instead just of another gimmick to add on top of your already expensive gear I.e now ppl need r9 and on top of this on top of everything else already in place is rediculous
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ranzon22
    ranzon22 Posts: 4 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    My interpretation about the armor thing is that there is a "book" similar to the war avatar book where armor pieces are recorded that you have equipped in the past. You can activate whichever set bonuses you want from there. The intention would be that you can upgrade armor one at a time without breaking the set.​​

It would be a great improvement to the actual system
  • shrimpybryan
    shrimpybryan Posts: 16 Arc User
    Sighs. Figured we’d eventualy get g17 armor but just thinking about the +2/+3 shards I’ve bought the last few months makes me half wish I’d waited
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »

Curious if that means we can use the Chinese rank 9 with normal r9rr bonus
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Im not gonna lie, I hated TT before.

Glad to see them using some of the older caves again tho.​​
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    From my limited understanding with google translate it’s just a way to mix and match armor set bonuses so if you like G16 adds more but wanted the R9 bonus for whatever reason and you own both you can use that set freely.....

IMHO seems slightly broken for I can see multiple APS players popping up now since my understanding of it is you can wear whatever and activate whatever bonus you want....
    APS sins with R9 armor bonus set using G17 ornaments for another -.05 int etc etc.... I mean hitting 257 atk lvl with chill of the deep +3’s and still being at 3.33 base seemed broken enough but nah let’s add another 30 atk lvl 100 dex and give them defense level as well with legitimately no downsides xD
  • chibichi
    chibichi Posts: 15 Arc User
    LF Venos with hercs and corgis to solo TT 4-x and get rich :D love farming TT =3

• paintmesage#8229
    paintmesage#8229 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think it means you keep your earlier set bonuses. Say you have r9 second cast. Working toward third cast. You can upgrade each piece without losing the second cast set bonus. But probably only have one active at a time for each armor slot.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Whatever this feature might be, I’m fairly sure it won’t include G16 Nirvana gear because PWCN doesn’t have that and China clearly doesn’t bother to look into our version exclusive stuff. That is unless we tell our GMs to tell China, but with Kalyst gone now, I’m not sure if our concerns will reach the Chinese developers.

I wonder if this new TT armor will have multiple casts, as that seems to be the current trend (see: G17 weapons, cape, ring). If that is the case, I expect the first couple of casts to be easily farmable and affordable for most players that have G16 Nirvana gear or above. Who knows? Maybe it’s on par with G16 Nirvana while giving people the option for future upgrades, instead of a dead end.

However, if this armor is more akin to the War Avatar cards, it will suck if it’s not compatible with G16 Nirvana gear.

EDIT
    Well, it looks like PWCN already posted more information and it seems this feature is what Asterelle said. From what I read you can only use one set bonus at a time and you retain the stats of whatever gear set you are currently wearing.

Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    When we get the patch notes for PWCN n people have had a look we can make a list of woes.

Hopefully we can pass this along.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I've dropped some concerns about this already in my departure notes (or rather, things to look at), but even I don't have any more information than what the players have right now.

That's not an exaggeration, I think I got that maybe a day or two before they posted it live on their news site.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Whatever this feature might be, I’m fairly sure it won’t include G16 Nirvana gear because PWCN doesn’t have that and China clearly doesn’t bother to look into our version exclusive stuff. That is unless we tell our GMs to tell China, but with Kalyst gone now, I’m not sure if our concerns will reach the Chinese developers.

I wonder if this new TT armor will have multiple casts, as that seems to be the current trend (see: G17 weapons, cape, ring). If that is the case, I expect the first couple of casts to be easily farmable and affordable for most players that have G16 Nirvana gear or above. Who knows? Maybe it’s on par with G16 Nirvana while giving people the option for future upgrades, instead of a dead end.

However, if this armor is more akin to the War Avatar cards, it will suck if it’s not compatible with G16 Nirvana gear.

EDIT
    Well, it looks like PWCN already posted more information and it seems this feature is what Asterelle said. From what I read you can only use one set bonus at a time and you retain the stats of whatever gear set you are currently wearing.

so when i have r9 and i leave the set to use aps set i will have raps 5aps?
  • ealdorman
    ealdorman Posts: 16 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised if our r9rr set bonus doesn't work with it since it's unique to our version.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Well this is gonna suck I don't see any upsides to this as a seeker
    Vae Victis.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Well assuming you can swap set bonuses on the fly seeing as gear can be

wouldn’t be surprised if seekers got Boundless R9 ring and boundless r9 belt and swapped between the full r9 bonus and Boundless 2 piece set bonus or even just go belt assuming you can still activate your R9 bonus with just one piece Boundless you can gain roughly 3-4K mdef from +12ing Boundless r9 belt
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    ealdorman wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if our r9rr set bonus doesn't work with it since it's unique to our version.

Good point. I forgot about that. Although I would think PWCN would at least pay attention to include our PWI R9 (since people pay for it), I would not be surprised if they forget about it.
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    I had a dream about 6 months ago,that pwi let us pick the icon of our gear,like for example having R8R gear icon but R9S3 bouns/stats and such...could it be that ?XDDD
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • bookkeeper#6784
    bookkeeper#6784 Posts: 25 Arc User
    wow.. now op people can troll us in tt99 armors with r9 stats.... lol.....
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    wishing these releases came about 5 plus years ago..
  • pacotinbr2
    pacotinbr2 Posts: 4 Arc User
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    I think some people are confusing set bonus with actual stats. You could have 5 aps, but you would have to equip your aps gear and then use the r9 set bonus. This actually makes your character weaker if you were already r9+ blah blah. There is no 5 aps set bonus gear in the game. You can stack intervals but its not a set bonus. Now if you can somehow equip r9r3 bonuses to r9r4 then its going to get interesting.
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    If it's any set bonus you have had equipped. A sin could easily get-0.7 interval. Which means 5 aps even with chill on.

As for the set bonuses. Two pieces of TT99 LA and HA 0.05 each. Then a sins r8r2 set bonus gives 0.10 for 3 pieces.
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    With the way this seems to be explained, you can only use one set bonus at a time. There is no set that grants you instant 5 aps. If this was the case get ready for private server lvl casters with almost no chan. It is only possible to stack interval. So only your r8rr or TT is going to count. Unless ur gear is like Luxana on DA with all interval r8rr ur character is going to be overall weaker. She will have the luxary of 5aps because they are her base stats along with the opportunity to equip the set bonus from r9+. If she wore r9+ and then used the r8rr she would not have 5 aps because that isnt the r8rr set bonus. The interval are the stats.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20180815/80717.shtml

G17 armor comes in 5 pieces: Top, pants, wrist, boots, and helmet.
    The armor requires Lv105 to wear, and there is total 3 stages.

Bosses in TT drops mats, theres rare mats and common mats, some of the common mats can be found in chests too, they are all tradeable.

I did a quick translation/guessing game of the G17.3 armor stats. There may be incorrect information.

Arcane Armor
    Picture of Arcane Armor

+20 Vitality
    +5% HP
    +250 HP
    +5 DefLv
    +3% Crit

Pants
    +20 Magic
    +400 Physical Defense
    +250 HP
    +3% Crit
    +150 Magic Attk

Wrist
    +20 Magic
    +400 Physical Defense
    +250 HP
    +3% Crit
    +150 Magic Attk

Boots
    +20 Vitality
    +250 HP
    -5% Channelling
    +5 Attk Lv
    +0.4 Movement speed

Helmet
    +250 Pdef
    +450 Mdef
    +8 Attklv
    +8 Deflv
    +2% Crit

Set Bonus
    +1900 HP
    -6% Channelling
    +30 AttkLv
    +30 DefLv

Light Armor
    Picture of Light Armor

+20 Vitality
    +5% HP
    +250 HP
    +5 DefLv
    +3% Crit

Pants
    +20 Dex
    +400 Magic Defense
    +250 HP
    +3% Crit
    +150 Physical Attk

Wrist
    +20 Dex
    +400 Magic Defense
    +250 HP
    +3% Crit
    +150 Physical Attk

Boots
    +20 Vitality
    +250 HP
    -0.05 Interval
    +5 Attk Lv
    +0.4 Movement speed

Helmet
    +300 Pdef
    +300 Mdef
    +8 Attklv
    +8 Deflv
    +2% Crit

Set Bonus
    +2000 HP
    -0.05 Interval
    +30 AttkLv
    +30 DefLv

Heavy Armor
    Picture of Heavy Armor

+20 Vitality
    +5% HP
    +300 HP
    +5 DefLv
    +3% Crit

Pants
    +20 Strength
    +400 Magic Defense
    +300 HP
    +3% Crit
    +150 Physical Attk

Wrist
    +20 Strength
    +400 Magic Defense
    +300 HP
    +3% Crit
    +150 Physical Attk

Boots
    +20 Vitality
    +300 HP
    -0.05 Interval
    +5 Attk Lv
    +0.4 Movement speed

Helmet
    +450 Pdef
    +250 Mdef
    +8 Attklv
    +8 Deflv
    +2% Crit

Set Bonus
    +2400 HP
    +5% Crit
    +30 AttkLv
    +30 DefLv

The base stats pdef/mdef (and probably also refine) are overall higher than r9.3 armor.
    The arcane helmet requires 57 strength and have +700 HP and +1500 MP base. (Apex have +600/+600)
    Light Armor helmet +700/+700 and requires 109 strength (so does the armor)
    Heavy armor helmet is +1250 hp / +700 mp

Theres no stage 1 and 2 helmet. Maybe a direct upgrade from Apex/XTW helmet...
    Post edited by shopcheese on
  • brandi#5080
    brandi#5080 Posts: 10 Arc User
    I read comments about and some people say that its possible to upgrade from r8 and r9,

here are some pictures of the stats:

1st cast stats

1st cast stats

2nd cast stats

2nd cast stats

3rd cast stats

3rd cast stats

Can some translate that? also what will happen with COM and Crest helms they are going to be useless? cuz as you can see only the last cast needs the Helm for Extra Set Stats

so many questions, will be worth to get r9 now or just with r8 ?

This is so exciting tiger-40.giftiger-3.giftiger-4.gif​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    The +30 attack level set bonus is for 4/5 set... +30 defense level is 5/5​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Moved them around, thanks.

Yeah, r8 3-star can be used to craft g17 stage 1 and r9 (probably chinese r9 only) can be used to craft g17 stage 3. Both paths should still require some TT mats.