10th Anni Mount Competition Discussion Thread

Comments

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    7qC9o4u.png

This was their reply on the Facebook post, so at least we got some reassurance that stolen entries won't go unnoticed.
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • purplegypceros
    purplegypceros Posts: 13 Arc User
    mmmnnn... I still feel very unnerved by all this but I'll try keep my hopes up!
  • breitlaph
    breitlaph Posts: 3 Arc User
    iamtearsh wrote: »
    nunuator wrote: »
    I find it funny that half of the so called original designs are stolen from multiple sites and or private servers....

Yvillis’s car entry already exists on multiple unofficial servers... Props to him for drawing it out though.

There are multiple troll mounts which took no time to design and legitimately photoshop a toon sitting on top of it I mean come on....

“Original aff designers GG pwi”

Then pls post the unofficial server u are talking about thank u cos that car was made and designed by me.. thanks for tryna accuse me of copying tho didnt really thought it would look like a car, and good complaining too hahahaha.. xoxo

Umm, Lamborghini Aventador ring a bell?

• vesnouli
    vesnouli Posts: 4 Arc User
    Mount name:Proud King
    Character name:WILDWIND
  • iamtearsh
    iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    nunuator wrote: »
    Umm, Lamborghini Aventador ring a bell?

oh u might as well say Spyder,Huracan, Berlinetta, Portofino and all the car names u can think of cos thats a car, how else should a car look like hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha~
    x9YPRak.jpg

• gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User
    alina1490 wrote: »
    nsgJ7UpNhh8.jpg

DawnGlory - MoonFire

This. Sorry folks, but the rest are either too childish, or have been done to some degree, already. But this tiger is pro, thank you alina.
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    gravewulf wrote: »
    nsgJ7UpNhh8.jpg

DawnGlory - MoonFire

This. Sorry folks, but the rest are either too childish, or have been done to some degree, already. But this tiger is pro, thank you alina.

But there is already a Sage Tiger Mount. . .so its been done as well but not to say there isn't a potential upgrade for this version too.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • forbiddenwords
    nsgJ7UpNhh8.jpg

DawnGlory - MoonFire

Except, this mount is random picture taken off Google. I could find a mount x100 times better if stealing art was allowed.
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • lillie333
    lillie333 Posts: 10 Arc User
    nsgJ7UpNhh8.jpg

DawnGlory - MoonFire

At least I designed my mount by myself, and didn't steal a random picture from the internet.
  • luiilafete#3472
    luiilafete#3472 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    hello! I wonder if someone can tell me how to post my link properly for the competition since IDK why it keep saying: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

I posted the link with some code to prevent the web read it as a link, hopefully the mod or anyone in charge could count my entry... :s

I drew it 2 days full... :disappointed:
    Post edited by luiilafete#3472 on
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I'll be checking the thread later.

I'll do what I can.

Thanks.
  • luiilafete#3472
    > @heero200 said:
    > I'll be checking the thread later.
    >
    > I'll do what I can.
    >
    > Thanks.

thank you!
    I've learned that any new user couldn't post a link (either quote) and there is no thread related to improving title...
    I think I should play on the forum more... :D
  • nightfart#7414
    nightfart#7414 Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @forbiddenwords said:
    > PixelHeart ~ Etherblade
    >
    > Hellborn Vixen, a female fox born from the depths of hell, molded by fire and ashes. 100% digitally drawn, no copyright elements have been used.
    >
    > So since this person pixel wants to qq other ppl art lets search the net and see what we can find wow guess what who will think that the ugly princes steals art to "You would never guess that I was the only brave one to search it " lmao so its same mount just instead of dragon head she puts fox head and says its here own art lololol and qq other ppl here is link enjoy http://mmomounts.com/sites/default/files/Kirin-ffxiv-mount.jpg

Oh wait that is not all we have another ugly prices from same server to i wonder coincidence or not !!!!
    >
    > ​​

> @iamtearsh said:
    > THEME : Diamond
    >
    > DESIGNERS NOTE : 10TH Anniversary is also known as the Diamond Anniversary, so with that inspiration in mind, I designed a luxury convertible car. The details are all inspired by the precious cut of a diamond gem. I decided to make a car as a mount because despite the fact that in the real world we mainly use car for transportation, weve been riding animals and strange creatures for a very long time already. It's time for a change. Time to look super cool while afk and travelling.
    >
    > DESIGN HIGHLIGHTS: Glowing Headlights, Nitro Boosters and Neon Underglow Lights.
    >
    > DESIGN SUGGESTION: If this mount makes it, I am hopeful that we get the chance to have it DYEABLE.

More stolen art even less original then the previous ugly princes !!! So you ask you'r self why so many ugly princes are qqing other ppl art i wonder that to so its time to cheek em all !!! here is another link to originality !!!
    https://www.jamesedition.com/cars/lamborghini/murcielago/lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-roadster-versace-limited-edition-1-of-20-for-sale-10138849
  • forbiddenwords
    > @forbiddenwords said:
    >
    > Hellborn Vixen, a female fox born from the depths of hell, molded by fire and ashes. 100% digitally drawn, no copyright elements have been used.
    >
    > So since this person pixel wants to qq other ppl art lets search the net and see what we can find wow guess what who will think that the ugly princes steals art to "You would never guess that I was the only brave one to search it " lmao so its same mount just instead of dragon head she puts fox head and says its here own art lololol and qq other ppl here is link enjoy http://mmomounts.com/sites/default/files/Kirin-ffxiv-mount.jpg

The resemblance is indeed uncanny. Well done sir, I requested Google to specifically delete that picture so my fraud would not be exposed, but your detective skills surely surpassed my expectations!
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • misskitty19871
    misskitty19871 Posts: 3 Arc User
    @forbiddenwords said:
    >

Well,Pixelheart,since you have an attitude of criticizing others for stealing ideas and conceptions,maybe re-think? You stole the whole mount from game named `Riders Of Icarus` and i mean EVERY SINGLE DETAIL.Of course,you photoshopped some minor details ,so your fraud wouldn`t be noticed,like `erasing` the saddle,and tangling tags,but the rest is just a photocopy of the original mount you are showing as your own idea.And you can`t say `oh I didn`t see it` cause the head is copied to the detail,as well as body frame and all flaming spots.So i think you better lower your attitude,stop stealing other games` mounts and create something truly original.

xnoRvkH.jpg
  • forbiddenwords
    @forbiddenwords said:
    >

Well,Pixelheart,since you have an attitude of criticizing others for stealing ideas and conceptions,maybe re-think? You stole the whole mount from game named `Riders Of Icarus` and i mean EVERY SINGLE DETAIL.Of course,you photoshopped some minor details ,so your fraud wouldn`t be noticed,like `erasing` the saddle,and tangling tags,but the rest is just a photocopy of the original mount you are showing as your own idea.And you can`t say `oh I didn`t see it` cause the head is copied to the detail,as well as body frame and all flaming spots.So i think you better lower your attitude,stop stealing other games` mounts and create something truly original.

xnoRvkH.jpg

I don't know if you noticed but my original post also has the step-by-step process of the drawing, so it is far from being photoshopped. All I'm going to say is that the concept of a fox with fire/lava elements is not particularly unique, I just designed it the way I saw fit. Besides, I never judged entries of people who actually put effort in them, even if they were inspired from other sources. I only criticized those who took random pictures from the internet and claimed them as their own with no further effort whatsoever. Perhaps you were too hasty to judge my affirmations. Either way, thank you for your input on my art and I respect your opinion.
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    cerebos wrote: »
    This mount is STOLEN, copy+paste Artwrok from: http://empire-of-games.ru/art_23671.html

Actually it is from TRON and it is based off the light cycle the file is even named light cycle. It was not stolen because it is a copy of the original light cycle design from the 80's game and when they made it into a movie. The bike is actually what they used in the movie.

Also, I am sure most of these drawings people are just cut and pasting images from other things and putting it in with screenshots of characters and so on. Why are you just sitting there like an old grandpa yelling at his television while he watches sports. Just let people submit what they want because the GMs are kind enough to let us have events like these. Notice that whenever any sort of backlash or drama derives from events they host or give they take away the incentives and prizes that they were giving. Look at what happened with Arigora arena, everyone cried about the top 100 and now season 2 has been delayed and has no prizes.

Think of it from the perspective of the GMs. Lets say you decided hey lets bake cookies for my friends I am sure they will love it. Then all your friends come back and say how terrible the cookies were and how they would rather eat dog doo-doo. Would you want to make cookies again for them?

As the saying goes, "This is why we can't have nice things."
  • segridon1
    segridon1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    bangbang wrote: »
    This mount is STOLEN, copy+paste Artwrok from: http://empire-of-games.ru/art_23671.html

Actually it is from TRON and it is based off the light cycle the file is even named light cycle. It was not stolen because it is a copy of the original light cycle design from the 80's game and when they made it into a movie. The bike is actually what they used in the movie.

Also, I am sure most of these drawings people are just cut and pasting images from other things and putting it in with screenshots of characters and so on. Why are you just sitting there like an old grandpa yelling at his television while he watches sports. Just let people submit what they want because the GMs are kind enough to let us have events like these. Notice that whenever any sort of backlash or drama derives from events they host or give they take away the incentives and prizes that they were giving. Look at what happened with Arigora arena, everyone cried about the top 100 and now season 2 has been delayed and has no prizes.

Think of it from the perspective of the GMs. Lets say you decided hey lets bake cookies for my friends I am sure they will love it. Then all your friends come back and say how terrible the cookies were and how they would rather eat dog doo-doo. Would you want to make cookies again for them?

Just because others cheat doesn't mean it is OK to do it.

You 1 to 1 copied somebody else's professional artwork. What, do you think the motorcycle for Tron designed itself? You stole it and tried to claim it as something you created. Cheating, end of story, gg, goodbye.
  • cerebos
    cerebos Posts: 6 Arc User
    bangbang wrote: »

Actually, your stolen entry is a simple 1:1 copy-paste action. You've taken direct artwork from someone else and submitted it as your "ORIGINAL WORK", which is just a lame scam. With so many people here, who have submitted the REAL work and spent many hours and dedication on ther submissions, you've copied something from the internet 1:1 in less than a minute, and now you are even trying to blame others for getting busted? You are just ridiculous!
  • collacoc
    collacoc Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    >
    > @forbiddenwords said:
    > > PixelHeart ~ Etherblade
    > >
    > > Hellborn Vixen, a female fox born from the depths of hell, molded by fire and ashes. 100% digitally drawn, no copyright elements have been used.
    >
    >

I absolutely agree with misskitty19871, PixelHeart ,what part of the `Original Mount` you didn`t understand? It would be like me taking (for example) Mouse Wheeler Mount,re-drawn it with a couple of small changes,and then tried to present it back to them as my original idea ???? Rules were specific about `original`.And all i see is `copy-paste-change a few details`.Oh and you really managed to search internet well in your quest for a better mount.... too bad you got caught for the same thing you preached about to others.
  • iamtearsh
    edited March 2018
    > @forbiddenwords said:

More stolen art even less original then the previous ugly princes !!! So you ask you'r self why so many ugly princes are qqing other ppl art i wonder that to so its time to cheek em all !!! here is another link to originality !!!
    https://www.jamesedition.com/cars/lamborghini/murcielago/lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-roadster-versace-limited-edition-1-of-20-for-sale-10138849

U are the one who "QQ"'s. We are merely defending our designs.

So here's a cool reference.

1st it was mentioned that i copied it from an unofficial server. But NO unofficial server was posted instead just a name of a car. 2nd was a link of a car photo.

That is like saying ppl who designed their mounts after a Tiger, a Rhino , a lion, a bird or any other animals are not original because they copied how those things look like too.

Sounds like this: "Omg! u are not original because u copied that lion from the lion king/discovery chanel! u just
    redraw it!

1st suspected car : Aventador

Hood isnt as smooth as the Aventador, mine has sharp edges.
    Bumper is different from an Aventador
    Headlights doesn't look like an Aventador
    Roof looks nothing like an aventador
    Door not like an Aventador

2nd suspected car : Murceilago

Bumper not like the Murceilago
    Headlights not like that of a Murceilago
    Door and Roof is different from a Murceilago

***More photos were added just to prove that there are plenty other cars that may look like my car but that doesnt mean i copied one.

qKLSupZ.jpg

Here is another Reference tho:

dXOsPBK.jpg

The Body type of my car was from that diamond as well as the edges.

The Roof was inspired by Strike Gundam.

The Door was from a sharks gills.

Bottomline : Post your own creation. If you did, then Goodluck to us. If you are not interested in joining then do not hate on ppl who enjoy these kinds of events.
    Post edited by iamtearsh on
    x9YPRak.jpg

• iamtearsh
    @Heero200 I just hope the voting won't be on any social media cos that would be a great disadvantage on ppl who dont like those kinds me included.

x9YPRak.jpg

• xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User
    Copyright laws for those that don't know:

First off, the moment you create ANYTHING visual—paintings, drawings, photographs, sculptures, etc—the only person who is allowed to copy that art is you. If you decide to sell prints of one of your paintings, you can. If anyone else does, without your written permission, you have the right to take them to court and sue for damages.

In fact, copyright laws are so strong that your family or legal heirs will still own the copyright to your artwork until 70 years after your death.

You should also be aware that even after selling an original work of art to a collector, you still hold the copyright to it. The buyer cannot make prints or sell copies of your art unless you’ve given them that express permission in writing.

Common Myths About Artist Copyright:
    "I found it on the internet. Doesn't that mean it's public?" Absolutely not. Just because something is published online does not mean it's fair game for anyone to use however they please.

So even if an art work don't have the watermark on it, the person that made it still own the copyright.
    But when they have the watermark showing, they can easier take it to court.

But I'm sure PWI will pay attention to this anyway, as they are the ones that will be sued if they use copyrighted art, anyone that profit off it will be the ones to get sued, it's a common knowledge all companies should have.

All that being said, there is some awesome artwork out here and good luck to everyone :smiley:

vFDFy6t.gif
  • lindawoman
    lindawoman Posts: 9 Arc User
    Also hope it's not gonna be one of those "ip related" votes. People with vpn connections can recast their voice over and over. So they can vote on themselves over and over and chest their way into winning...like they did with the character contest votes. You can just reload your page with vpn and recast your vote.

Also hope the stolen artwork is gonna be looked at seriously.
  • spotty281
    spotty281 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    collacoc wrote: »
    >
    > @forbiddenwords said:
    > > PixelHeart ~ Etherblade
    > >
    > > Hellborn Vixen, a female fox born from the depths of hell, molded by fire and ashes. 100% digitally drawn, no copyright elements have been used.
    >
    >

I absolutely agree with misskitty19871, PixelHeart ,what part of the `Original Mount` you didn`t understand? It would be like me taking (for example) Mouse Wheeler Mount,re-drawn it with a couple of small changes,and then tried to present it back to them as my original idea ???? Rules were specific about `original`.And all i see is `copy-paste-change a few details`.Oh and you really managed to search internet well in your quest for a better mount.... too bad you got caught for the same thing you preached about to others.

Jesus Christ, I absolutely hate these types of "unoriginal" attack comments.. It's absolutely disgusting that people have to bash people who actually sat down and spent a lot of time on something they created..
    If you actually step back and think for a moment, is anything really truly "original"? Do they truly come from nothing prior from anything it was built upon? We build on other people's ideas all the time! If we look back we can trace any idea back to something that inspired us.
    I think the Hellborn Vixen was a lovely idea, and drawn very beautifully with a very aesthetically pleasing design.
    It also looks absolutely nothing like the images people are accusing of it being ripped off from.

I almost never comment on these types of things, but I really felt this needed to be said.
  • xwhitefrostx
    xwhitefrostx Posts: 45 Arc User
    lindawoman wrote: »
    Also hope it's not gonna be one of those "ip related" votes. People with vpn connections can recast their voice over and over. So they can vote on themselves over and over and chest their way into winning...like they did with the character contest votes. You can just reload your page with vpn and recast your vote.

Also hope the stolen artwork is gonna be looked at seriously.

Yeah agree there, the number of votes that was on the character contest was high as hell xD Don't think half of them was actual votes XD
    vFDFy6t.gif
  • eylenaa
    eylenaa Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    just went trough all the entries so far and gotta say, pixelheart should win hands down or something is wrong with the community (or lets be honest, the VOTING system..). Really great job on it, impressive.
    Z592PfK.gif
  • collacoc
    collacoc Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @eylenaa said:
    > just went trough all the entries so far and gotta say, pixelheart should win hands down or something is wrong with the community (or lets be honest, the VOTING system..). Really great job on it, impressive.

Really eylenaa? Let`s see how PWI will like when they have a stolen mount and all the consequences of copyright infringements..... Cause we`re talking about ALL parts stolen from the same mount,which is the property of Riders Of Icarus,therefore a violation of copyright,and let me give you a full picture `copyright forbids display or perform the protected work, or to make derivative works.` DUH ????
  • forbiddenwords
    edited March 2018
    I appreciate all the positive feedback and the support <3 I'm happy to see people like my mount, but regardless of who wins, I think everyone did a great job with their entries! I've seen a lot of mounts much more creative and complex than mine, and I think PWI is lucky to have such an artistic and resourceful community, there are definitely a lot of great mounts to pick from so I really look forward to seeing the final in-game result =)​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • luiilafete#3472
    edited March 2018
    > @gravewulf said:
    > alina1490 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > DawnGlory - MoonFire
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This. Sorry folks, but the rest are either too childish, or have been done to some degree, already. But this tiger is pro, thank you alina.

-
    -
    -
    -

by the way... I found the image on google without the character... you can easily trace all of their creation by right click on their image then search google for image... :)

http:*//www.anawalls.com/images/fantasy/tiger-fire-rage-eyes.jpg

P.S: delete (*)

IMO if someone just put 100% same it was art thief...
    If they were copy the idea (mount from another source) and edit it here and there but still looks same with the original, it was a plagiarism...
    If they just looks like (human) or (some kind of animals), it was a common sense, you can't judge it art thief...
    I had a commission client who did art thief on art her/him who they were commish to me, they change the sign, it was hurt but not bleeding...