Endgame pvp Archers

nesssikaa
nesssikaa Posts: 1 Arc User
i would like to start a discussion about endgame archers vs other classes. how do we compete? do we shine? or are we really as underpowered as everyone claims?

i myself am not endgame yet. aeu set mostly rb 1 some 2 and just vit stones in gear. working on the deity's abd g17 bow. but before i spend all the time and money i would like to know if we are dangerous at all. i love my archer and the playstyle of it. but i would rather learn something like SB if i cant compete with other endgaem charecters.

i would like to know my fellow archers their opinion and what they think.

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Theres been lot of recent discussions bout archers. I honestly feel it comes down to it if you enjoy playing the class, if yes, its not really a waste even if the class were to be weak. Archer isnt the strongest class out there but its not the weakest either, `cept maybe 1vs1s(?). Either way, even 1vs1 archers have gotten stronger in comparison to other classes.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Here is vid of a pretty much endgame archer, (minus nuema portal) does pretty well.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wdKuLQ6ci98
  • azibos
    azibos Posts: 8 Arc User
    doods00 wrote: »
    Here is vid of a pretty much endgame archer, (minus nuema portal) does pretty well.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wdKuLQ6ci98
    Wenwen has g17 4th cast I heard?

• cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    nesssikaa wrote: »
    i would like to start a discussion about endgame archers vs other classes. how do we compete? do we shine? or are we really as underpowered as everyone claims?

i myself am not endgame yet. aeu set mostly rb 1 some 2 and just vit stones in gear. working on the deity's abd g17 bow. but before i spend all the time and money i would like to know if we are dangerous at all. i love my archer and the playstyle of it. but i would rather learn something like SB if i cant compete with other endgaem charecters.

i would like to know my fellow archers their opinion and what they think.

IF you plan on going full deity/G17 GoF Bow you will be extremely dangerous as an Archer. The more damage you have the more dangerous you'll be if you are able to decently defend yourself via your own skill/prediction/movement. If you don't pay attention you die easily, however, so do you enemies if they don't pay attention.

Since I have 7 classes incl. Archer and I would have to decide which class to max out (already am too far with SB to focus on any other class) I would pick my archer and put him to max damage output. Playing archer is just awesome. Sure, fighting people with purify spell can be ultra-annoying...but if you have enough damage you can just blast through them.

Dunno if I love 1v1 with archer that much because it's a big challenge or because the class is just fun to play but I would place my bet on it being a mix of both. Again, if you go for an Archer then go all out. If the damage is on your side then the fun will be too. My Archer's damage is sub-optimal and I cannot compete vs anyone due to that and it can be frustrating. Other classes can compete vs anyone even with significantly worse gears like DB/Sin but honestly, they are not nearly as fun to play nor is there any challenge involved in playing them at all. Archer FTW.
  • betuou
    betuou Posts: 25 Arc User
    The only part where archers get to be useful in some way is mass pvp. In 1 vs. 1 however it is a completely different story especially if you are demon. If fighting someone with equal skill the difference between classes if going to be felt. Archers need to massively out gear someone with equal mechanics in order to win.
    So it comes down to what your pvp preferences are if you enjoy mass pvp more then the archer class does decent if you like 1 vs 1 more then def no...archers are possibly the weakest class in 1 vs 1.
  • cosmosia1989
    betuou wrote: »
    The only part where archers get to be useful in some way is mass pvp. In 1 vs. 1 however it is a completely different story especially if you are demon. If fighting someone with equal skill the difference between classes if going to be felt. Archers need to massively out gear someone with equal mechanics in order to win.
    So it comes down to what your pvp preferences are if you enjoy mass pvp more then the archer class does decent if you like 1 vs 1 more then def no...archers are possibly the weakest class in 1 vs 1.

Nah, especially 1v1 is absolutely fine these days. Again, that only applies if you go max damage mode. If you compare a max damage archer to any other class with the same kind of damage then yeah, the archer will die fast in selfbuffed 1v1. However, every selfbuffed caster will be 3-shot or less if they don't watch out. Combine this with a vast selection of jump/Anti-stun Skills and you know it's gonna be tough for the other classes. Ofc you will have to use specific genies especially built for every single class if you 1v1 them with an archer but that's not much of a problem imho.

Even HA classes can easily be dealt with if you got enough damage thanks to the instant-channel metal skills we now have. Ofc, archers struggle harder the tankier the target is. That's why you need all the damage you can possibly get.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Even HA classes can easily be dealt with if you got enough damage thanks to the instant-channel metal skills we now have.
    Enjoy it while it lasts. It's going to be hard to justify those when the 30% damage nerf arrives.​​
  • suggestionman#1119
    suggestionman#1119 Posts: 39 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    Even HA classes can easily be dealt with if you got enough damage thanks to the instant-channel metal skills we now have.
    Enjoy it while it lasts. It's going to be hard to justify those when the 30% damage nerf arrives.​​

source ?

Do you have any data about :
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1207496/tidal-nerf-and-more
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User

just for archer or across the board? my poor wizzy qqq
  • cosmosia1989
    doods00 wrote: »

just for archer or across the board? my poor wizzy qqq

Just for archer and just the Argent-glyphed metal skills as far as I remember. Still legit. I would recommend using argent only on thunderous blast and Thunder Shock since fast AOE/fast debuff is better than slow skills with ok-Damage. Just my opinion tho. More room to argent Blood Vow or another leap/WoG for certain situations.