BUYING AND SELLING OF ACCOUNTS.

Options
ladzal#1744
ladzal#1744 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2017 in General Discussion
Why is so many people buying and selling accounts and pwi isnt doing anything about it????. i wouldn't have a problem with it but i saw long time friends and my own past accounts perma banned for less.. it's starting to seem like the GMs are in favor of some people on game, giving them a free pass with certain things. which is honestly BS. the rules was made for everyone playing pwi, i've even seen this rrr9 Sin that was sold and then banned supposedly(perma) for over a year was then released back on to the buyer.. like how?? i mean obviously the GM(s) had some part to play in that. follow the rules yall made and enforce it on everyone... because it's total sh*t that yall are giving some a free pass.

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Hard to trace and then prove.
  • rockafella#8523
    rockafella#8523 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Hard to trace and then prove.

ohhh?? so when 3-4 people whom never spoken in game, all live on different ends of the earth. all of a sudden living under the same IP address that doesnt raise any flags or suspicion?? ... i agree with this, because that sure seem like the ideal process of account sharing to me.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    This is something I don't really have a hand in as this is Customer Supports realm.

Sometimes I'll forward reports about accounts that I come into contact with from other players, but CS has to run their own investigations. After that point, I'm hands off. It goes without saying - don't sell or buy other people's accounts and report any suspicious activities to CS so they can take a look.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Options
    Also, china has Npc to sell and buy gears ect...I thought I heard them say there working at making this version more in sync with there version!. Maybe its subtle, maybe they give a lil lee way on certain situations, maybe they do not....
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    Hard to imagine how much "investigating" needs to be done when, for example, someone spams wc for days offering to sell or trade accounts

and in addition to this: then there's also Facebook and even our famous in-game spammer Gamazon where people can buy/sell accounts. Luckely the wc-spam will be over soon :)

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    Oooo... I can burn them. Still have enough teleacoustics. :D
    Never spammed wc and too lazy to npc the teles.
  • toughguy24
    toughguy24 Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    throw enough money money at anything. and you can have anything you want. Just look at the president.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Initially World Chat was pretty much only used for selling items, or looking for squads. It's the prevalence of the telecoustic that have made it the trash pit it is now. World Chat wasn't really meant for carrying on long conversations.

Sadly, the really annoying people, also tend to throw a lot of money at the game, so they'll still be there being annoying. At least it will be easier to keep the very limited Blacklist from filling up.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ladzal#1744
    edited April 2017
    Options
    they use a website named ---- to sell and buy accounts and even in game items... i know its not hard to assume someone is buying/selling accounts when you can see their ip. further more since its mostly cash shoppers doing it. their card showing up on another account that they didnt make is a red flag(For many reasons)... but seems the GMs in CS dont really care much for this... in my opinion its like this, you can do it but just dont get caught..... yet they ban others for less. unfair much? O.o​​
    Post edited by phantomforce#4598 on
  • ladzal#1744
    edited April 2017
    Options
    they use a website named ---- to sell and buy accounts and even in game items... i know its not hard to assume someone is buying/selling accounts when you can see their ip. further more since its mostly cash shoppers doing it. their card showing up on another account that they didnt make is a red flag(For many reasons)... but seems the GMs in CS dont really care much for this... in my opinion its like this, you can do it but just dont get caught..... yet they ban others for less. unfair much? O.o

have you actually tried to buy anything from there?
    90% of what is listed there are scams lmao
    account\items trades for the most go behind the scenes between trusted users\known players, if you go buy anything there, there is a good chance you are going to lose all your money

and yet all of this happens because PWE did not implement chinese NPC to trade items and accounts for real value.
    @kalystconquerer#0876 any word of such NPC to be implemented in a future?

nah not 90% ... its like 50%. but still that's 50% of listing that is legit.. and i know for a fact 100% that many people have used to buy/sell accounts on there. and not to mention there's a lot more of these sites.. and i agree but we cant complain about pwi not doing pwcn thing. they had their rules before we started playing... but whats the unfair part is they turn a blindeye to most of it when cash shoppers do it. but will ban someone who spends less for small reasons.. thats my problem... the GMs play favorites with some people there's no denying that... <-that is what gets on my nerves.. if you make rules, you dont then bend it for people you like in game, its for everyone. or am i wrong?? O.o​​
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @ladzal#1744
    @ladyblonde69

I know for a fact that people on ---- are trying to get players, like myself, banned a user on there stole my username and is claiming to be me...

Also there are tons of faulty posts on there listing gear and screenshots from people that I know personally are not and will not sell their accounts.

The issue with attacking a site like epvp is the fact that most players are getting framed by other players in order to get some sort of ban for them... I am just one of the people who are getting framed for something like this.

Sad but it's true​​
  • rockafella#8523
    Options
    nunuator wrote: »
    @ladzal#1744
    @ladyblonde69

I know for a fact that people on elitepvpers are trying to get players, like myself, banned a user on there stole my username and is claiming to be me...

Also there are tons of faulty posts on there listing gear and screenshots from people that I know personally are not and will not sell their accounts.

The issue with attacking a site like epvp is the fact that most players are getting framed by other players in order to get some sort of ban for them... I am just one of the people who are getting framed for something like this.

Sad but it's true

I'll have to agree 100% on this.. in the past i've had 1 account taken away(which was all fair, i had messed up) but then i came back and made the same char even after getting it to rank9 again and all. it was too taken away, because of haters in pk making false info to get people ban. but because i've had a record of one time doing this, pwi didnt believe me and the case was closed.. if they ever go to the china system where you can buy/sell these things, i would really like my account back. but until then ill keep calling bull on this.
  • herbage
    herbage Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Options

i had been banned once for a made up screenshot of a forum post with me selling accounts i am just saying, (haters) ban got released after a week, yesterday a friend got banned on his own account cause support said it was sold... It was his legit own account he just had too many IPs on it, cause he legit travels the world i swear one day they will ban the wrong person that put tens of thousands in his banned account that will go at palo alto and drive a truck into PWE building

Support doesnt realize that pressing the "close the account" button, he is throwing away years spent of a person, thousands of his money, most likely all the friendships and the social network he made with the rest of the community

I agree with everything you have said and OP, also the last sentence is one of the best i have heared, but still GM seems don`t care.

I just don`t get and i can`t find any proper reason, why they keep banning account. Do they think, those people will create a new one and start over, knowing there are new, better designed MMORPG? I thing ban aka "close the account" button should only exist for hacking, using system loops, or violation to other ign. Even account selling is not hacking. Ofcourse there are many scamms been around, but still even if the account is in the wrong or right hands(which can be found out by providing correct information) it`s better to have that account played, rather than having it banned.​​
  • rockafella#8523
    Options
    so so sad, on etherblade. this one PVP'er. everyone knows of him, his account was taken away this one time because he openly admitted to account sharing in common chat during pk. his account was given back within a week. 2ndly he had this sin, that was bought. the sin was taken away for a year+. but was then released onto him. (an bought account)... so while the GMs will take away years of spent time and money spent on an honest toon with one small faulty mistake. they'll give back these type of toons or turn a blind eye to peopel abusing the system because they cash shop very often.. like i had said GMs give special treatment to some people in game.. and i really think an investigation should be done on these types of GMs.. get them out of office....
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Well a friend lost their account for something they dont even know why. They cant remember their security question and support refuses even to state reason w/o said answer. Meanwhile we got a barb running on Et who was bought, everybody knows it was bought and it was even banned briefly. Yet this toon is still out there talking smack bout everybody while my friend, who is the quiet type minding their business, doesnt even get a reason why they were banned. The support is just a complete joke as a whole at the moment.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • bizzah
    bizzah Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    I really dont know why anyone should be banned for anything that doesnt give an unfair advantage to players. Playing a pre-made toon isnt an unfair advantage because I dont really care who plays which char..it depends more on how they are played and anyone has the same potential. Banning bought accounts only hurts PWE, I can agree with that.
  • rockafella#8523
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    Well a friend lost their account for something they dont even know why. They cant remember their security question and support refuses even to state reason w/o said answer. Meanwhile we got a barb running on Et who was bought, everybody knows it was bought and it was even banned briefly. Yet this toon is still out there talking smack bout everybody while my friend, who is the quiet type minding their business, doesnt even get a reason why they were banned. The support is just a complete joke as a whole at the moment.

the rrr9+12 barb??? yes that toon was sold and bought like 3 times :/
  • rockafella#8523
    Options
    bizzah wrote: »
    I really dont know why anyone should be banned for anything that doesnt give an unfair advantage to players. Playing a pre-made toon isnt an unfair advantage because I dont really care who plays which char..it depends more on how they are played and anyone has the same potential. Banning bought accounts only hurts PWE, I can agree with that.

people in game hate to see anyone doing better than them. they'll photoshop and all just to try get you ban. mostly people in pk does that..
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    Options
    Just a friendly warning, some sections of this thread are very close to infringing the forum rules. It has been a civil discussion, so I would hate to have it end up closed.​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    It's kind of hilarious when you look at the sheer volume of issues about this in this community. Looking at other gaming communities of popular games, this is rarely if ever an issue. People don't get randomly banned for account sharing, in fact the only publicized account sharing issue in a another popular MMORPG I've ever witnessed was a popular streamer who had their younger brother level their console accounts for them. The only other times people get banned in those other MMORPGs usually is for hacking and cheating in PVP which is usually pretty blatantly obvious (aimbots, flying when you shouldn't be able to, unlimited skills that should have cooldowns etc).

If they (PWI) are that worried about money loss from sharing/selling at all and/or can make that much money in payoffs it should be worth the investment of man power to enforce it fairly and equally across the board, not to certain people or groups of them, or just not enforce it at all.

The issue with this isn't the rule itself but the inconsistency of enforcement - both inconsistency in who they enforce, but also when.​​
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options
    To be fair, most other games also have a dramatically lower rate of account sharing than PWI does -- though one could argue this is largely PW's fault due to a combination of inconsistent enforcement of rules and lack of decent catchup mechanisms for new characters.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Options
    Maybe cn workers Ru and Br float around The World, with perks, immunities ect... and get a few extra perks like char building, and well r able to make a few Extra TRAVEL bucks by *Coughs*.. Conspiracy theories! lol.

• firefraii
    firefraii Posts: 49 Arc User
    Options
    Just a friendly warning, some sections of this thread are very close to infringing the forum rules. It has been a civil discussion, so I would hate to have it end up closed.​​

"No one is breaking the rules but i'm gonna throw out my e-peen and threaten to close it so we can ban some more people" Sounds like business as usual lmao.
This discussion has been closed.